Rondo and #25 for Nash and #13, do we do it?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

Rondo and #25 for Nash and #13, do we do it?

We take a young point guard, Kemba or Fredette at 13 to groom behind Nash.
    For a final last possible run next year, a team with Nash at point guard where the Heat are not sagging a mile off like they did Rajon is much more realistic as far as a run goes. Then everyone is coming off the books in a year or so anyway. and we use the money to get a good free agent to go with Jeff Green and either Kemba or Jimmer for down the road.
     As we are composed right now, no way we have enough fire power offensively to get by Miami or Chicago in our last possible run year. With Nash, it could be his Nowitzki type post season run for him and us.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rampageimt23. Show rampageimt23's posts

Re: Rondo and #25 for Nash and #13, do we do it?

In Response to Re: Rondo and #25 for Nash and #13, do we do it?:
    [QUOTE]Kemba Walker will be gone by the time the 13th pick is up. But I'd do the trade because Nash has 1 year left on his contract.  If the Celtics get rid of Rondo's contract the Celts will have more money to offer Dwight and CP3 or D-Will in the summer of 2012.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Wow Fiercest what a complete 180 you did.  Back in April I proposed somewhat the same scenario about signing Green and then trading him and Rondo to Phoenix for Nash and Dudley.  I believe your reply was:

One week before the playoffs start and you're making a thread about trading Rondo. What's worse is you want Rondo, who's only 25 years old, traded for a 37-year old PG who's about to retire in 1 or 2 years. Some Celtic fan you are!

So I have to ask...what is the reason for the sudden change of heart?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo and #25 for Nash and #13, do we do it? : Wow Fiercest what a complete 180 you did.  Back in April I proposed somewhat the same scenario about signing Green and then trading him and Rondo to Phoenix for Nash and Dudley.  I believe your reply was: One week before the playoffs start and you're making a thread about trading Rondo. What's worse is you want Rondo, who's only 25 years old, traded for a 37-year old PG who's about to retire in 1 or 2 years. Some Celtic fan you are! So I have to ask...what is the reason for the sudden change of heart?
    Posted by rampageimt23[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

That was not me. I just dont think Rondo shoots well enough to advance a team far in the playoffs unless that team is absolutely loaded, really loaded. We are not that team anymore, we were a few years ago.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

Neither will be there at 13. Walker will be gone by 5 and Jimmah is doing a great job so fra selling himself as a starting 1. The Kings and Jazz both have shown real interest as well as some other teams. The Knicks are anoter team that might move up a few spots to grab him. Not sure about the trade , all it is a money dump. We have enough money coming off the books in Ray and KG alone next year , nevermind PP. If i traded Rondo i would want a young starting player back like a Jennings , Westbrook , Williams etc. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rampageimt23. Show rampageimt23's posts

[QUOTE]That was not me. I just dont think Rondo shoots well enough to advance a team far in the playoffs unless that team is absolutely loaded, really loaded. We are not that team anymore, we were a few years ago.
    Posted by Celtics1986[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with you.  I have not been sold on Rondo at all.  He has his good games obviously but it is like he only plays when he feels like it.  The guy is a head case and he can't shoot a free throw or a jumper.  In 5 years it doesn't look like he wants to improve on him jumper or his free throws.  With the team we have now if we get Nash he is a free agent in 2012 so his salary comes off the books.  Along with Ray Ray and KG.  That means we have Pierce on the books and can make a serious run at Howard and/or possibly CP3 or DWill.  That will start our rebuilding process.  If Rondo decides he wants to work on his game and can consistently hit a jumper and at least make 75% of his free throws I say keep him.  I just don't see that happening though.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

[QUOTE]Neither will be there at 13. Walker will be gone by 5 and Jimmah is doing a great job so fra selling himself as a starting 1. The Kings and Jazz both have shown real interest as well as some other teams. The Knicks are anoter team that might move up a few spots to grab him. Not sure about the trade , all it is a money dump. We have enough money coming off the books in Ray and KG alone next year , nevermind PP. If i traded Rondo i would want a young starting player back like a Jennings , Westbrook , Williams etc. 
    Posted by startrightnow[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Good point 1986. It does seem like Kristic could have been the scoring center that we need to become basically lights out again. JONeal can shoot but can't stay on the floor. Maybe somebody like Vucivic or the guy from U Georgia or J Tyler could fill that role to re-invigorate our offense, but prob not.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

I think Kemba has a lot of Rondo's attributes but has a much smaller contract and shoots better. As of now it appears the two biggest sliders in the draft are Alec Burks out of Colorado and Kemba Walker of UCONN. They might both slide out of the lottery by several reports all over the place. Walker would be a steal at 13!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rampageimt23. Show rampageimt23's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo and #25 for Nash and #13, do we do it? : That was before I saw the Celts get beat by a Heat team without a true big man and how many 3-pointers both PGs from the Heat and Mavs made in the Finals.  The Celts got away with Rondo in 2008 because we had Sam Cassell and Eddie House to compensate for Rondo's lack of outside shooting. In this year's playoffs, against the Heat, Mario Chalmers was backing off Rondo up to the FT line and Rondo couldn't exploit it. 

Fair enough.  I have been saying that forever though.  Not on this board but it was only a matter of time before they figured out that all you have to do is play off Rondo and limit our fast break opportunities.  Our half court game is terrible and Rondo is a big part of that.  We need a PG that can shoot.  It would open up the floor so much for us.  I mean it is clearly obvious that it is our offense that does us in at the end of games. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rampageimt23. Show rampageimt23's posts

I truly believe though if we trade Rondo and can free up more money all we have to do is convince either Dwight Howard or Chris Paul/DWill to come to Boston.  If we can convince one of those PG's to come to Boston Howard wouldn't far behind and vice versa.  I think it would be worth a shot.  I mean seriously what would we be losing by getting Nash?  We would get teh same numbers Rondo puts up but a better foul shooter and jump shooter.  Plus we would only have his contract for 1 year.  I think it would work.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

ONLY if we can dump Jermaine O'Neal for Mickael Pietrius (similar one yr contracts) in the deal. Take the #13 pick and score big with Bismark Biyumbo , our starting center (7'6" wingspan) for the next 6 yrs......

Then take Jeff Green and sign and trade him for Rodney Stuckey and the #8 pick (throw in next yrs #1 picks, ours and the Clippers)......take Jan Vesely and watch him become the next Detlef Scremph

Rondo is the Celtics best trade asset.............as great as he is, I think the Celtics can re-load and re-boot quicker by trading Rondo than any of the Big 3

I say keep the Big 3 together for their final year as starters , then keep them as the best bench unit in NBA history for the next 2 seasons....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I agree that we should try to add Baby if necessary (can he beat out Channing Frye?).  With that, I would like Lopez back, as they are shopping him.  We can then take Vucevic, or Morris, or Thompson with 13.  That would determine who we go after with our MLE, if is exists.  So, no on Pietrus, yes on Lopez.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo and #25 for Nash and #13, do we do it? : That's the part I like best. With only Pierce and most probably Jeff Green under contract the Celts can go after Dwight and CP3 or D-Will. The Celts had their chance for a 2nd title in 2010 and they blew it! Doc and the Big 3 wanted Sheed to come back for one more shot at it, but he declined. Maybe Sheed already knew that the window of opportunity was already closed after 2010's Game 7.

Even with all of Doc's swagger and charm, I feel it's really wishful to think that both DH & CP3 will come here as FA's next year. CP3 wants to be in the NY/NJ area and I've heard that DH doesn't care much for Boston. No doubt there will Lebron-esque recruiting but most likely the Celts will be left out in the cold because if DH doesn't stay in ORL or get to a strong media market like LA or NY, then he may just target a Texas team (he's already added Dallas to his list) so he can avoid state income taxes like he did in Florida. 

This is why I think our only chance is to somehow make a trade for CP3 this year, lock him up, and then use him as bait when DH hits the FA market.

Sections
Shortcuts