Rondo & BBD for Love & #2 pick??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Rondo & BBD for Love & #2 pick??

In Response to Re: Rondo & BBD for Love & #2 pick??:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo & BBD for Love & #2 pick?? : How sure are you Rondo is better than Rubio? How many NBA games has Ricky Rubio played in? One thing's for sure, Rubio is a better FT shooter than Rondo. Seriously, Bias, stop embarrassing yourself. Rondo and Glen Davis for Kevin Love and the #2 pick of the Draft? Just because trading Rondo is major news it doesn't mean it will make the Wolves a better team. A TRADE IS SUPPOSED TO HELP BOTH TEAMS!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Let's put it this way. If the C's dangled Rondo and the Wolves dangled Love, who do you think would garner more attention??

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo & BBD for Love & #2 pick?? : Of course Kevin Love! An All-Star big man is harder to find than an All-Star PG.  In the world we live in there are more short people than tall people. Common sense, Bias! Still not registering in your head?

I find the whole thread kind of funny in light of D'Antoni's comments - do we all remember he said he would like to see Rondo play in Minnesota, i.e. where there are not a lot of stars to pass the ball to, etc.

I seem to recall Love having a game where he had 31 points and 31 rebounds in the same game....... hmmm, he is not going anywhere.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo & BBD for Love & #2 pick?? : Of course Kevin Love! An All-Star big man is harder to find than an All-Star PG.  In the world we live in there are more short people than tall people. Common sense, Bias! Still not registering in your head?

Then why is Irving probably going before Williams??

You can't use that argument in every scenario. It depends on what you team needs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Kevin Love is not a franchise player.  He is an undersized power forward who if on a good team would see his stats plummet.  To take a difference maker like Rondo and go after Love and a young player  makes very little sense.  A for being creative and F for the value returned.  I am shocked some on the BB think Love is that good.   He piles up meaningless stats and never wins games.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]Kevin Love is not a franchise player.  He is an undersized power forward who if on a good team would see his stats plummet.  To take a difference maker like Rondo and go after Love and a young player  makes very little sense.  A for being creative and F for the value returned.  I am shocked some on the BB think Love is that good.   He piles up meaningless stats and never wins games.  
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Wow, watch much basketball? 30/30 isn't a meaningless stat. 40+ double double games isn't a meaningless stat. He doesn't need the ball and if people clamored for Perk, Love doubles Perk's output all day everyday.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo & BBD for Love & #2 pick?? : Then why is Irving probably going before Williams?? You can't use that argument in every scenario. It depends on what you team needs.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Because Irving is being compared to C Paul and Williams is a tweener that has not proven he can play the 3 and is too small to play the 4.  Williams is BBD with some actual game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo & BBD for Love & #2 pick?? : Let's put it this way. If the C's dangled Rondo and the Wolves dangled Love, who do you think would garner more attention??

Love would garner more attention - an all-star big that doesn't make much money compared to an overpaid point guard who could not get the ball wet if he was standing waist deep in the ocean.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo & BBD for Love & #2 pick?? : Love would garner more attention - an all-star big that doesn't make much money compared to an overpaid point guard who could not get the ball wet if he was standing waist deep in the ocean.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

LMAO! Dudder how would I know this would come from you about Rondo??

I guess my thinking is the Wolves like collecting PGs and seems like a rudderless team that needs a PG to give them direction. Love may be hard for them to sign.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo & BBD for Love & #2 pick?? : LMAO! Dudder how would I know this would come from you about Rondo?? I guess my thinking is the Wolves like collecting PGs and seems like a rudderless team that needs a PG to give them direction. Love may be hard for them to sign.

Which part of what I wrote was not true?

My guess is within a couple of years Rajon Rondo will not even be the best point guard in the league with the initials RR.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Hi Bias,
       It's a good trade proposal, but playing arm chair G.M for the Wolves, I would consider Kevin Love almost untradeable this season considering the season he had last season.
       Secondly, I wouldn't trade Rondo for a pg. who's never played in the NBA. Rondo is young, knows how to play with veteran players and has already delivered a championship as a starting pg. in the NBA.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

It is another interesting way to change the face and future of the team, and if we are sure we will not win next year, more power to you.  West would be every bit as good as rondo.  Although Rondo and Glen did not play up to par in the playoffs because of injuries, attitude or whatever.  They both might just pick it up next year and if green did the same thing we could be on our way.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

So they JUST got Rubio and now they are spitting in his face by trading for Rondo? LMFAO, I don't see that EVER happening.

If the Wolves didn't have Rubio, then maybe this would be plausible but they finally got Rubio and Flynn will make a decent back up. Having Rubio and Rondo would make little to no sense for them, IMO.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Rubio wasn't part of the trade I proposed.

Rondo
    BBD
    (JON's contract throw in)

for

Love

The C's could then take all comers for #2

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Love would garner more attention - an all-star big that doesn't make much money compared to an overpaid point guard who could not get the ball wet if he was standing waist deep in the ocean.  

So true....

By the way, Remember when Ainge dangling Perk as a trade bait (at the end, it happened), I believed Ainge was serious also to get rid of Rondo. I'm sure Dudder is right that Rondo is good but not that good. Everybody thinks he is good.

Everybody thinks Perk was good too but Ainge & Che was right.  Now this is between Ainge and Dudder for Rondo. It will happen though.   Laughing                          

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Why are we assuming the #2 is so valuable?  I do't see any surefire NBA stars in this draft based on the analysis of the "experts".

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

I can't believe I'm agreeing with Fiercest34.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]They are NOT trading Love!!! We could get Beasley maybe!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

great.  a dope smoking guy who can't bang inside.  that's what we need

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I dont see the Wolves making this trade unless McHale quits his coaching job in Houston and becomes the Minn GM again.

The 2 gems in the trade are Rondo vs Love.  Both young, both all stars. However you want to slice Loves stats up, hes the more valuable player imo.  Oh, his stats are inflated cause he plays on such a poor team? Then how come many his teammates dont have such great stats?? They play on the same lousy team.

Look around the league at the bad teams, shouldnt they all have at least 2-3 players putting up 30-30 games like Love?  Now that that nonsense is dispelled, Love gets the edge over Rondo. ROndo can be great but can he be great on anyone other than Boston? Hes also very inconsistent and his shooting both from perimeter & FT line are big, big negatives.

Love over Rondo

The other side of the trade: Right off the bat you'd have to stipulate the #2 pick is an unknown as far as value as an NBA player.,  There's nobody in this draft that teams are drooling over like a Durrant or Wall or Griffin in recent drafts. Still, a #2 is expcted to have the potential to be an all star.

BBD has value but how much is anyones guess now. Wasnt much interest in him in FA and his game melted down last season with rumors or personality and weight issues.

BBD gets an edge over the #2 pick but that could change big time in favor of the #2.  Also the weight, personality issue could really drag BBD down hard.

I doubt Minn would make this trade and if they did, the C's would be giggling and pinching themselves to make sure they weren't dreaming imo

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Well the consensus on this board says that this trade is impossible. My thought was that the TWolves would be getting a vet All Star PG to lead a young team. Starting Rubio isn't going to improve a team that avg 22 years old in age. Rondo has a ring and wouldn't be called on to score but direct and lead.

I will say this. I would NOT be shocked one bit to see Rondo dealt before the season starts next year.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Love made it known yesterday that he would prefer to be dealt. I doubt he signs an extension so a S&T is most likely going to happen.

Would you do a Rondo & 2012 #1 for Love & #2??

Sections
Shortcuts