Rondo & KG

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Rondo & KG

I've noticed since the trade of Perk that Rondo doesn't seem to be the same player. Either he's got tired legs and needs rest or emotionally he's somewhere else. He doesn't rebound or drive like he used too. He's hesitant to take shots as well.

I also noticed that KG needs a big bruising C next to him to be effective in the paint. He can't control the paint like in the past. He needs Shaq back ASAP. Krstic is providing different skills than Perk which is ok but he's going to be better off the bench. Game #7 of last year looks similar to the last 2 games for KG. He's taking on 2-3 guys and physically it's taking it's toll. I still like Krstic over Perk but KG plays better when he has a physical presence next to him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Rondo & KG

i have faith that we are in more of a shak preservation mode right now than tending to actual "injuries".  shak will be there come playoff time.  davis has me more worried than shak right now.

as for rondo, who knows.  nba players' collective favorite phrase is "this is a business" when they leave town to sign 403 gajillion dollar deals somewhere down the road.  so, rondo really doesn't have a valid excuse right now for an extended malaise.

to me, he looks no different than any other time.  you say he's not driving or rebounding, both of those things are up and down all the time, not just post-perk.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

You have a point. I just don't see Rondo as determined or focused but that could be because it's been a long emotionally season with the injuries and trade. I would like to see Doc start to rest the starters more but right now it's hard to do that because of the short bench.

We'll see. The Bulls are on our heals and can take a lead tonight but I think in the end the C's will get the #1 seed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo & KG:
    You have a point. I just don't see Rondo as determined or focused but that could be because it's been a long emotionally season with the injuries and trade. I would like to see Doc start to rest the starters more but right now it's hard to do that because of the short bench. We'll see. The Bulls are on our heals and can take a lead tonight but I think in the end the C's will get the #1 seed.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Always good to be optimistic. Celtics will get the #1 seed when it's all said and done. Don't worry about Rondo or KG, they will show up come play-off time, trust me.  Shark, BBD and DWest will be back soon and the Celtics will be ready for another run.

When a big tree is falling down, it takes the lives of little trees.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Eddie I hope you are right but West and Shaq have really hurt the team with both their absences and unreliable expectations about their coming back.

West being out now makes no sense. Unless they are not being truthful about how and what is his injury.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Eddie, I am not sure I'm with you about winning the best record in the East.  The Celts have injuries, a new group of players learning the defense, veterans who will have to either rest or be worn out, and a tougher schedule.  Chicago has youth, health, is one game behind us in the loss column, and a tremendously easier schedule!  And...if we lose at Chicago, they'd own the tiebreaker.

Chicago:  18 games; 9 on the road; 2 against top teams

Celts:  19 games; 11 on the road; 4 against top teams (including AWAY games against Chicago, Miami, San Antonio, Atlanta, Knicks, and NO).

And while both teams have 4 back to backs - the back to backs hurt us more than them.

I still think we'd beat them in the playoffs if we're healthy and they have home court advantage.  We just gotta get healthy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Eddie, I am not sure I'm with you about winning the best record in the East.  The Celts have injuries, a new group of players learning the defense, veterans who will have to either rest or be worn out, and a tougher schedule.  Chicago has youth, health, is one game behind us in the loss column, and a tremendously easier schedule!  And...if we lose at Chicago, they'd own the tiebreaker. Chicago:  18 games; 9 on the road; 2 against top teams Celts:  19 games; 11 on the road; 4 against top teams (including AWAY games against Chicago, Miami, San Antonio, Atlanta, Knicks, and NO). And while both teams have 4 back to backs - the back to backs hurt us more than them. I still think we'd beat them in the playoffs if we're healthy and they have home court advantage.  We just gotta get healthy.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

They played the first 50 games with what would have been injuries to Pierce and Allen if you were to compare it to the Cs.......  they could easily be 5 games ahead of the Cs if Boozer and Noah had been healthy all year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Dudder you keep bringing up their injuries which were big guys in their rotation. Whos to say losing one of them for 20 games is a bigger deal than us losing 2 or 3 guys for 15 games?   I for one don't care about hearing other teams injuries.  If a guy plays for a team on a regular basis and misses games then it is a big deal..  I haven't checked but I would bet the Celtics are leading or close to the league lead in games missed due to injuries.  Shaq or Perk to us is just as big a loss to us as Chicago losing one of their big men, just in a different way.  Not to count JO, Delonte, Rondo missing games, KG missing games, Shaq, Baby missing games. Do I need to go on?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Dudder you keep bringing up their injuries which were big guys in their rotation. Whos to say losing one of them for 20 games is a bigger deal than us losing 2 or 3 guys for 15 games?   I for one don't care about hearing other teams injuries.  If a guy plays for a team on a regular basis and misses games then it is a big deal..  I haven't checked but I would bet the Celtics are leading or close to the league lead in games missed due to injuries.  Shaq or Perk to us is just as big a loss to us as Chicago losing one of their big men, just in a different way.  Not to count JO, Delonte, Rondo missing games, KG missing games, Shaq, Baby missing games. Do I need to go on?
    Posted by OneOnOne

I agree and said that... I think they could have or would have each won another 5 games or so.  They have played 3 games and they are separeted by 6 points total.  So to suggest that given all of the missing games due to injury one or the other would be much better or worse the other would or would not be a contender is simply silly.

What I was basically trying to say is that they went 50 games without their second and third best players - if the Cs went 50 games without KG and Pierce they would not be 1 game ahead of the Bulls.

I think you can argue it either way but to suggest somehow that a team with a better point guard, center, and a powerforward playing to a draw and a small forward that will be locked down by Deng is not somehow a contender is simply silly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Dudder,
    No one said that they are not a contender.  We have had a good deal more difficult injuries if you count Perkins until the All-Star break, Shaq, JON, West's suspension and then wrist injury and now ankle injury,  Garnett missed over ten games, Wafer, Davis, plus all the trade disruption, and finally having the Bulls play in the by far the easiest conference to play in.

All taken in they are not as good as the Celtics even if we are just somewhat healthy.  We are not by any means somewhat healthy at the moment.

A lot of their wins, most recently the Heat win were very shall we say very wind aided.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo & KG : I agree and said that... I think they could have or would have each won another 5 games or so.  They have played 3 games and they are separeted by 6 points total.  So to suggest that given all of the missing games due to injury one or the other would be much better or worse the other would or would not be a contender is simply silly. What I was basically trying to say is that they went 50 games without their second and third best players - if the Cs went 50 games without KG and Pierce they would not be 1 game ahead of the Bulls. I think you can argue it either way but to suggest somehow that a team with a better point guard, center, and a powerforward playing to a draw and a small forward that will be locked down by Deng is not somehow a contender is simply silly.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

chicago's winning % without one of boozer or noah is actually BETTER than their winning % with a complete team.

in any case, we've had out best 2 players (rondo and kg) miss time through injury, as well as a host of other injuries

rose is the MVP right now, and if he misses 10 games, I think chicago struggle to win even one of them.

if we'd had our full complement healthy all year, we'd be challenging san antonio for best record in the league

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo & KG : chicago's winning % without one of boozer or noah is actually BETTER than their winning % with a complete team. in any case, we've had out best 2 players (rondo and kg) miss time through injury, as well as a host of other injuries rose is the MVP right now, and if he misses 10 games, I think chicago struggle to win even one of them. if we'd had our full complement healthy all year, we'd be challenging san antonio for best record in the league
    Posted by teh-n00b

I agree with you.  I don't believe that we have played many if any games this year with a completely healthy Celtics team. 

Sections
Shortcuts