Rondo and BBD for Lamarcus Aldridge?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Rondo and BBD for Lamarcus Aldridge?

Then Chris Paul and Dwight Howard come as free agents?

Whew Weeee!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Re: Rondo and BBD for Lamarcus Aldridge?

We all can dream, can't we?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Alright, make it a 3 way with Aldridge and JO going to Orlando and Howard coming to the Celtics with Andre Miller.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from boludo. Show boludo's posts

No GM would be that stupid to make that trade with Boston.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo and BBD for Lamarcus Aldridge?:
    No GM would be that stupid to make that trade with Boston.
    Posted by boludo

What is stupid about it. Each franchise gets a franchise player? They are just changing locales.

Can you imagine how easy Wesley Mathews, Brandon Roy, Gerald Wallace, Rudy Fernandez, Camby and Oden are going to score with a guy like Rondo?

Plus Big Baby could start for them?

Then Orlando can rebuild easily with Aldridge,J.O., Turkoglu,Nelson, Redick, Bass,Richardson run and gun baby!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Very wishful thinking.... beyond wishful thinking actually.

I still say we set our sights on CP3.  That will exponentially increase our chances of getting DH

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Very wishful thinking.... beyond wishful thinking actually. I still say we set our sights on CP3.  That will exponentially increase our chances of getting DH
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan

Yes, simple but accurate OC fan. Let's also hope that DA & Doc realize that they will have to begin the process this year because all the cap space and recruiting in the world won't guarantee that CP3 & DH come here together as FA's next year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

I started a thread about a week ago , RR for Westbrook. The other guy i was thinking about was LA. Hes been a fav of mine for a while now. Guy is a legit top 10-12 player imho. Only reason i choose Westbrook was bc of the current situation , if they lose this series thats all that people will be talking about , in terms of OKC that is. LMAO Im for trading RR period. Listen hes a very GOOD player , hes not great. He ONLY plays D when hes aksed/forced , the guy has ability to be a legit lock down defender but picks and chooses when he plays D. He has as much ability/talent as anyone put will not fullfil getting baby'd. I cant people some people ( who byw have no idea what their talking about ) dont mind that he cant hit a 12 ft jump shot. Really , you dont mind if a defender is playing 15 feet of him , we have 4 guys playing O. You guys understand how hard it is to consistently score when teams know he never going to make them pay? Again the guy has sooo much potential , enough to make me shut up , if he plays up to it. But sorry im not a casual fan , i know my stuff and there are better guys out there , just fact. Sorry to come off as cocky in the last sentence. Sometimes i hate writing/typing bc it doesnt do justice to what or how your saying it. Anyway , i think both trades make sense and both would realy help both teams. Port. lineup would be sick , imagine RR w/ OKC? RR , Harden , KD , Serge , Perk. And RR can finally stop crying about Perk and that mess. I have to say that i wasnt a huge fan of the trade but prolly would have made. No way im paying Perk 10-11+ mil per. Plus his D is overrated big time. First off the road to the finals no longer runs thru Orl/Bos , so his value decreases big including the fact that he too cant play any O to save his life. The bunnies he misses are terrible. Second the last few times he played Howard he wasnt killin it at all. And i know that most C's fans havent seen him play much since he left , but he has been pooped on a # of times. Cousins dropped 30 on him using 2 moves! He cant hang w/ athletic skilled bigs. And if you have been watching OKC you'll know that OKC's best lineup is w/ him on the bench and hes a liability down the stretch. OKC is much better w/ Nick C. in there. Listen Green is tough to watch and Green wasnt are first choice , but again he would have been leaving at the end of the year and was hurt for a good portion of it. Lol This franchise will be just fine w/out Perk trust me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I started a thread about a week ago , RR for Westbrook. The other guy i was thinking about was LA. Hes been a fav of mine for a while now. Guy is a legit top 10-12 player imho. Only reason i choose Westbrook was bc of the current situation , if they lose this series thats all that people will be talking about , in terms of OKC that is. LMAO Im for trading RR period. Listen hes a very GOOD player , hes not great. He ONLY plays D when hes aksed/forced , the guy has ability to be a legit lock down defender but picks and chooses when he plays D. He has as much ability/talent as anyone put will not fullfil getting baby'd. I cant people some people ( who byw have no idea what their talking about ) dont mind that he cant hit a 12 ft jump shot. Really , you dont mind if a defender is playing 15 feet of him , we have 4 guys playing O. You guys understand how hard it is to consistently score when teams know he never going to make them pay? Again the guy has sooo much potential , enough to make me shut up , if he plays up to it. But sorry im not a casual fan , i know my stuff and there are better guys out there , just fact. Sorry to come off as cocky in the last sentence. Sometimes i hate writing/typing bc it doesnt do justice to what or how your saying it. Anyway , i think both trades make sense and both would realy help both teams. Port. lineup would be sick , imagine RR w/ OKC? RR , Harden , KD , Serge , Perk. And RR can finally stop crying about Perk and that mess. I have to say that i wasnt a huge fan of the trade but prolly would have made. No way im paying Perk 10-11+ mil per. Plus his D is overrated big time. First off the road to the finals no longer runs thru Orl/Bos , so his value decreases big including the fact that he too cant play any O to save his life. The bunnies he misses are terrible. Second the last few times he played Howard he wasnt killin it at all. And i know that most C's fans havent seen him play much since he left , but he has been pooped on a # of times. Cousins dropped 30 on him using 2 moves! He cant hang w/ athletic skilled bigs. And if you have been watching OKC you'll know that OKC's best lineup is w/ him on the bench and hes a liability down the stretch. OKC is much better w/ Nick C. in there. Listen Green is tough to watch and Green wasnt are first choice , but again he would have been leaving at the end of the year and was hurt for a good portion of it. Lol This franchise will be just fine w/out Perk trust me.
    Posted by startrightnow

Rondo has more than enough potential to shut all of his critics up but its not going to happen in Beantown with Doc coaching... and it is unlikely to happen anywhere unless the kid hits bottom and then is forced by circumstances to wake up.

For the Cs to stay in the hunt for #18 after 2007-8 with the Big Three aging rapidly, Rondo would have had to pick up his game not incrementally but all the way.

Improvements not in half steps but in full steps.

RR hasn't shown the commitment to taking his game to the level that most of us expected/hoped would lead to the next Celtic dynasty.

Instead we a busy shopping him around... and unhappy about the circumstances we find ourselves in.

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo and BBD for Lamarcus Aldridge? : Rondo has more than enough potential to shut all of his critics up but its not going to happen in Beantown with Doc coaching... and it is unlikely to happen anywhere unless the kid hits bottom and then is forced by circumstances to wake up. For the Cs to stay in the hunt for #18 after 2007-8 with the Big Three aging rapidly, Rondo would have had to pick up his game not incrementally but all the way. Improvements not in half steps but in full steps. RR hasn't shown the commitment to taking his game to the level that most of us expected/hoped would lead to the next Celtic dynasty. Instead we a busy shopping him around... and unhappy about the circumstances we find ourselves in. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

Rondo is at his best when the floor is spread with shooters, because he can take ANYONE to the basket and embarass them ALL NIGHT.

That's better to me than being a great outside shooter. He will become less effective if slowed by injury or age JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!

I would love to keep Rondo, but he is our best chip at getting a better franchise player.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

You're out of your mind. You don't trade a great point guard hoping to sign a better one. Also: Paul is injury prone, or hadn't you noticed that part?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

p.s. What's so bad about Rondo and Dwight Howard together?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

p.s. What's so bad about Rondo and Dwight Howard together?
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

The problem though is that it's rumored that DH wants to team up with CP3, not sure if he see's RR as a top PG who can help him to the top. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo and BBD for Lamarcus Aldridge? : Rondo is at his best when the floor is spread with shooters, because he can take ANYONE to the basket and embarass them ALL NIGHT. That's better to me than being a great outside shooter. He will become less effective if slowed by injury or age JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE! I would love to keep Rondo, but he is our best chip at getting a better franchise player.
    Posted by DaCeltics

He may be our best chip... but he isn't a very good chip. (Little trade value there.)

When a PG can't spread the floor or shoot his own position..... that's a lot for any offense to compensate for, particularly when the game is on the line/grind it out/half court sets. 

We've seen that the past few years in Boston.

Pud

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo and BBD for Lamarcus Aldridge? : Rondo is at his best when the floor is spread with shooters, because he can take ANYONE to the basket and embarass them ALL NIGHT. That's better to me than being a great outside shooter. He will become less effective if slowed by injury or age JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE! I would love to keep Rondo, but he is our best chip at getting a better franchise player.
    Posted by DaCeltics

I guess I have misinterpreted avoiding going to the hole and avoiding getting to the line and avoiding getting in the lane and making a little up jumper as "he can take anyone to the basket and embarrass them all night".... I assuming since what I see happens all the time and what you think (he can take anyone to the bakset and embarrass them all night) almost never happens then it just must be semantics.........

Sections
Shortcuts