Rondo and Big Baby D for Chris Paul???? Thoughts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigJoedaddyBoston. Show BigJoedaddyBoston's posts

Rondo and Big Baby D for Chris Paul???? Thoughts?

I am all for it!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: Rondo and Big Baby D for Chris Paul???? Thoughts?

In Response to Rondo and Big Baby D for Chris Paul???? Thoughts?:
    I am all for it!!
    Posted by BigJoedaddyBoston

All of the best young players are searching out the other best young players to optimize their chances to win a ring because they realize that no matter where they are playing they will make the absolute maximum amount possible allowed by the collective bargaining agreement.

So I could certainly see CP3 looking to play with the oldest group in the league whose window is just about closed and then having a bunch of scrubs to play with after that.... yeah how could you anyone blame Chris Paul for wanting to play with young stars when he could play with the last year of the BIG 3 and then NOBODY after that..... there are some really intelligent people posting nowadays......

keep trying.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Rondo and Big Baby D for Chris Paul???? Thoughts?:
    I am all for it!!
    Posted by BigJoedaddyBoston

On page 4, there is a thread entitled.... "Rondo and Big Baby for Chris Paul" started by DaCeltics.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigJoedaddyBoston. Show BigJoedaddyBoston's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo and Big Baby D for Chris Paul???? Thoughts?:
    In Response to Rondo and Big Baby D for Chris Paul???? Thoughts? : All of the best young players are searching out the other best young players to optimize their chances to win a ring because they realize that no matter where they are playing they will make the absolute maximum amount possible allowed by the collective bargaining agreement. So I could certainly see CP3 looking to play with the oldest group in the league whose window is just about closed and then having a bunch of scrubs to play with after that.... yeah how could you anyone blame Chris Paul for wanting to play with young stars when he could play with the last year of the BIG 3 and then NOBODY after that..... there are some really intelligent people posting nowadays...... keep trying.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

I see you point.  I agree, if he can sign with a bunch of young studs, he will do so.  However, if they trade CP3 (unless he can over rule it) he has no choice.  If NO knows they will loose him anyway, they might do what Denver did with Carmelo, try to get something out of it.   Also, would it really be so bad for Paul?  He doesn't have to sign an extension and he has a year to try to win one with the Big 3?  Then he can go with his young studs or if they win a championship in Boston, he may entice other people to come to Boston.  The young stud thing sounds great but it takes the youngsters time.  Big 3 have the experience.   CP3 should pray for that opportunity.    Worst case for us, we loose them all Big 3 and CP3 but we will have all of that $ to rebuild.  EIther way it's a risk but it seems better than waiting for a slow death like we did in the 90's  = Roll the Dice   Imagine how bad Rondo will look when the big 3 are gone and all of his weaknesses are exposed.  WHo is going to save him and us then?  Jeff Green? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

What player that comes to Boston and played with the Big 3 has said "get me outta here"

If a deal did go down for Paul, Doc's infuence along with the Big 3 could carry more weight than some think. Guys want to win first. This isn't HS where you want to play with your best buddy...well unless you're LeBron.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

If it's true that D Howard will end up wherever CP3 goes then I say throw in the kitchen sink: Rondo, BBD, Green, anyone else but the Big 3 for CP3 and maybe Ariza.
    After 2012 we would have a max contract to lure DH to join Paul.
    A 2013 line-up with CP3, Howard, a 36 year old KG, 35 yr old Pierce, Ariza, and maybe Ray as a situational shooter could be quite formidable, plus we have the Clips' 1st rounder which is guaranteed to be a lottery pick.

So I say do it! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

If it's true that D Howard will end up wherever CP3 goes then I say throw in the kitchen sink: Rondo, BBD, Green, anyone else but the Big 3 for CP3 and maybe Ariza. After 2012 we would have a max contract to lure DH to join Paul. A 2013 line-up with CP3, Howard, a 36 year old KG, 35 yr old Pierce, Ariza, and maybe Ray as a situational shooter could be quite formidable, plus we have the Clips' 1st rounder which is guaranteed to be a lottery pick. So I say do it! 
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan

The Clips were missing Kaman for about 35 games and Gordon, the league's 5th leading scorer for another 35 games or so.  Jordan is just coming into his own and Bledsoe and Aminu waere rookies whose roles will most likely expand.  If healthy they are at least a 500 team next year and maybe even win 50 games - not a GUARANTEED lottery pick.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

What player that comes to Boston and played with the Big 3 has said "get me outta here" If a deal did go down for Paul, Doc's infuence along with the Big 3 could carry more weight than some think. Guys want to win first. This isn't HS where you want to play with your best buddy...well unless you're LeBron.
    Posted by BiasLewis

I posted this on another thread.  I heard someone, (Comcast, celtics channel 52),  discussing the possibility of trading Rondo and Green for Chris Paul.  I don't usually respond to unrealiistic trade ideas, but if an announcer was discussing this, I have to believe it could happen. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shamrocks4ever. Show Shamrocks4ever's posts

If it's true that D Howard will end up wherever CP3 goes then I say throw in the kitchen sink: Rondo, BBD, Green, anyone else but the Big 3 for CP3 and maybe Ariza. After 2012 we would have a max contract to lure DH to join Paul. A 2013 line-up with CP3, Howard, a 36 year old KG, 35 yr old Pierce, Ariza, and maybe Ray as a situational shooter could be quite formidable, plus we have the Clips' 1st rounder which is guaranteed to be a lottery pick. So I say do it! 
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan

Sounds good, but the Clips' first-round pick we got in the trade is lottery-protected.  We only get it if the Clippers make the playoffs and aren't in the lotto. 
      But I like your idea - getting Paul (and maybe Ariza) makes Boston much more attractive to Dwight Howard as a free agent (just as a trade that netted Dwight Howard would make Boston much more attractive to either Paul or Deron Williams as a free agent).  To get Howard, I think Boston would have to give up Rondo and probably 2-3 other players/picks - OR - give up Rondo, KG, and JO while taking back Gilbert Arenas with Howard to make the salaries work (which Orlando should like because they'd get to dump Arenas and his giant contract).  That's a better deal for the Magic than trading Howard to the Lakers for Bynum and Odom, partly because they could then trade Jameer Nelson to get another good player (since Rondo would now be their PG - unless Otis Smith thinks Nelson is better, then he could trade Rondo and get some good value back - either way, that helps Orlando).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

I don't like it. Chris Paul is currently better than Rondo, but he also has a bum knee that is going to give him problems again at some point. Also, we don't have baby under contract yet so that trade piece may not even be there.

Sections
Shortcuts