Rondo and Big Baby for Chris Paul

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Re: Rondo and Big Baby for Chris Paul

Be serious. If you were the Hornets, would you make that trade??? Of course you wouldn't.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo and Big Baby for Chris Paul:
    [QUOTE]Rondo is one of the reasons I learned to love the Cs last playoffs. A team with a PF who has no post moves, a C who could not score, a PG who could not shoot and they almost won it all with defense, hustle, veteran leadership and BB IQ, fantastic. And don`t forget the backup PF who could not jump. But this year injuries has taken their toll on the Cs and finally they lost their mojo and even their BB IQ. For the second time in a row Rondos weakness was exposed in a PO series loss. If the Cs want to give the core another shot, they need a serious change. The Big 3 simply CANNOT score to double teams in consecutive games any more. Rondo has to improve his shooting or has to be traded otherwise this team will slowly fade. P.S. No one is going to give us an elite or rising PG (Rose, Willliams, Westbrook etc.) for Rondo. We have to go for second tear PGs (maybe from teams like denver) or an old guys like Nash.
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]

i agreed  we may just  need a proven pg to back up rondo like andre miller or will bynum etc

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

When CP is healthy, theres no PG in the league you can say is better  (excluding Rose this one year)... BBD has amounted into a throw in thats not gonna get an elite player.

I think the argument about Rondos lack of an all around game is valid. Any team that picks him up will have to adjust the entire team to Rondos play. THeir entire offense changes because every opponent will sag... and other than the C's, no other team has had to deal with that problem.

Rondo will stay a Celtic cause we wouldnt get back enough value for him & his contract.

BBD...I dont know about him. He proved to be a valuable 6th man... then fell to pieces... since Ainge was throwing accolades at him the other day on WEEI... I can only assume its cause hes gonna trade him.. BBD played poorly last month of so of reg season & entire playoffs...

maybe it was an injury.. even if it was, coupling that with his big mouth and apparent problems he gave the coaching staff with attitude... hes likely a goner unless we get him back real cheap... remember he got no interest last time he tested FA... this time should be even worse for him..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo and Big Baby for Chris Paul : I respect your longevity as C's fans, and go back almost as far myself, but respectfully disagree with you evaluation of Rondo.  I have previously posted a list of the 20-25 PGs we've tried since DJ retired, and other than Wesley and Billips (both of whom Pitino ushered out the door), and Delonte (whom we got back), none of them can hold a candle to Rondo.  I'm so tired of the "The Celtics need a point guard" complaint, that I don't want to hear it again for at least 5 years.  After Couz, KC, and DJ, Rondo is the best PG we've had in our lifetimes -- and Delonte as backup makes us as well stocked there as anyone in the league. cheers --  All Rondo needs is a respected jumper, but without giving names I can think of several points that played for the Celts that were very good like Tiny, Jones and others.  I will try not to post about Rondo's weakness but I just hope we don't give him a great amount of credit for # 17 and remember his improved version played the last three years and produced no banners.  All in all he is a special player, but all in all he is not sought after by other clubs. 
    Posted by Number6Fan[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Congratulations. You have proposed an equally bad trade for both sides, that isn't easy to do. NO would never trade Paul and we'd be taking a huge risk given all his health issues. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

I agree that this would be a big risk for both teams.  Paul is one of the best pg's in the league, but definitely has injury problems.  He isn't going to help any team if he is having surgery and isn't able to play for a good part of the season. 

Sections
Shortcuts