Rondo and Brad Stevens the perfect marriage.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Rondo and Brad Stevens the perfect marriage.

A lot of people here seem to think this means goodbye to Rondo. I think it's going to be a great match. Here's why"

Rondo might be the smartest player in the league. Like him or not the guy is sharp. It's one of the reasons he clashes with coaches. 

Steven's is as bright as they come. He'll put Rondo in positions to maximize his talent.  They'll clash some, but I think Rondo will respect him. 

Here is a quote from Celticsblog has be excited:

Rondo is a chess master, always thinking 3 steps ahead and off the beaten path. Here's the thing: so is Stevens. Both defy conventions. Both are exceptional at thinking through problems and seeing things that others miss. If they can skip past the rocky transition or at least get over it quickly, they could be a formidable pair for years to come.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Rondo and Brad Stevens the perfect marriage.

Right on. Danny would have taken extra consideration in finding the right guy for Rondo. I think it also helps that KG and PP have been moved on because that dynamic really didn't help Doc's relationship with Rondo. I'm excited for this. Everyone forgets how freaking amazing Rondo's game is, and how good of a feeling it is to know Rondo elevates it for those important moments. That is so rare. Here's to the future Celtics!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to MelWitt's comment:

Here is a quote from Celticsblog has be excited:

With intellgence like this I'm afraid...very, very afraid!

Rondon't is gone...very, very gone!

Rondo is likely staying. Let me taste your tears. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Perfect marriage..... ummmmmm... Brad's already happily married.

Rondo  needs to be hitting on someone else.

Jason Collins  maybe.

Pud 

I feel your pain Pud. For 6 years you've ben praying to every god on the planet and Rondo's role on the team just kepps getting bigger. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Right on. Danny would have taken extra consideration in finding the right guy for Rondo. I think it also helps that KG and PP have been moved on because that dynamic really didn't help Doc's relationship with Rondo. I'm excited for this. Everyone forgets how freaking amazing Rondo's game is, and how good of a feeling it is to know Rondo elevates it for those important moments. That is so rare. Here's to the future Celtics!

Agreed. I'm geting excited. I think Rondo, hits new heights with this guy. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Your thread will most likely get some flack once the "trade Rondo for the prize in the CrackerJack box crowd" get wind of it, but you might be onto something.  If they take their cue from your headline, posts  will probably be along the lines of who will be the abuser, quickie divorces, which one will be on the bottom, etc.  Still disagree with them more than I agree with them, but they are a creative lot, so their comments can be interesting  reads.

Assuming Steven's turns out to be a good NBA coach, this could be win/win irregardless of how it goes down with Rondo.

If they gell, they could make each other better and by way of that, the Celtics better.

If they don't get along, a trade or firing happens, and a greater tank occurs.

2014 draft remains the target in my eyes, so DA stretching the Celtic timeline some with this hire makes sense to me.

Precedents?   Anybody recall young college coaches  who made great transitions into NBA coaching?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:

Your thread will most likely get some flack once the "trade Rondo for the prize in the CrackerJack box crowd" get wind of it, but you might be onto something.  If they take their cue from your headline, posts  will probably be along the lines of who will be the abuser, quickie divorces, which one will be on the bottom, etc.  Still disagree with them more than I agree with them, but they are a creative lot, so their comments can be interesting  reads.

Assuming Steven's turns out to be a good NBA coach, this could be win/win irregardless of how it goes down with Rondo.

If they gell, they could make each other better and by way of that, the Celtics better.

If they don't get along, a trade or firing happens, and a greater tank occurs.

2014 draft remains the target in my eyes, so DA stretching the Celtic timeline some with this hire makes sense to me.

Precedents?   Anybody recall young college coaches  who made great transitions into NBA coaching?

Larry brown did well.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Every thinking basketball fan in Boston wants Rondon't gone asap...dead and gone...he's a twisted, psychotic , greedy coach killing egotist more concerned with triple doubles and assist stats than playing D and winning games...he doesn't want coaching he wants what he wants...very un-Celtic like punk...he's as gone as the Old South and the Edsel, John Kennedy, Jimi Hendrix and Johhny Most, who'd absolutely HATE him......stick a fork in the legend in his own mind malcontent...hope he likes Detroit...a dead career for a dead city... now that's synergism!

I feel your pain. Every day, you read the headlines. you pray, you hope, you beg the gods and yet Rondo is still on the team. 

And please don't insult sentient beings by calling yourself a thinking person again. Thinking people are capable of coherent arguments. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Every thinking basketball fan in Boston wants Rondon't gone asap...dead and gone...he's a twisted, psychotic , greedy coach killing egotist more concerned with triple doubles and assist stats than playing D and winning games...he doesn't want coaching he wants what he wants...very un-Celtic like punk...he's as gone as the Old South and the Edsel, John Kennedy, Jimi Hendrix and Johhny Most, who'd absolutely HATE him......stick a fork in the legend in his own mind malcontent...hope he likes Detroit...a dead career for a dead city... now that's synergism!

Thought the graphic section of this thread was too onesided

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

The problem is Rondo might think he's better than Stevens. 

That's where the problem will start.

Steven's is pretty hard to rattle. He's not Mr. Emotional game seven every game like Doc. I think, that could resonate with Rondo. It'll be fun to watch.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Yes, this one is hard to predict.  Rondo has such a personality that he will challenge Brad Stevens.  However, Rondo's mercurial brilliance is very obvious as well.  The question is, "Will Brad Stevens be able to hold his own?"  He should be able to given how much trust Danny has put in him.

I am pretty sure that Danny has thought this through.  I don't think that the cause and effect are related.  Danny has already made the decision whether or not to trade Rondo.  The driving considerations are getting a high draft pick, getting more future picks and dumping salary.  That is balanced against a faster recovery pace after tanking this year.  And tanking it will be whether or not they keep Rondo because even if they keep him, his recovery will take time, new player development will take time and the new chemistry will take time.

So I don't think that the hiring of Brad Stevens affects the "trade Rondo" outcome.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

bumped

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:

[QUOTE]

Thought the graphic section of this thread was too onesided

[/QUOTE]

Agreed!  I hope everybody here has fun.  But I am also hoping that either the quality of posts improves or the quantity of posts declines.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

[QUOTE]

Larry brown did well.

Not sure about Larry Brown because he started coaching in the ABA.

Here:

Brown's first head coaching job was at Davidson College in North Carolina in 1969. Unfortunately for Wildcat fans, it would only last during the summer offseason and he never coached a game.[5] Brown moved on to the ABA and coached with theCarolina Cougars and then the Denver Nuggets, who later joined the NBA in 1976, for five and a half seasons from 1974 to 1979.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Brown_(basketball)

[/QUOTE]

Well he was an assistant in college before that. with Dean Smith.

After a brief stint as an assistant coach at North Carolina, Brown joined the upstart American Basketball Association.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Brown_(basketball)

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

Perfect marriage? Rondo smart? Damn man, you really think DA parades the youngest coach into the league and inks him to a six year, $22-mil contract and askes him to experiment with being the guy who can handle the same fool that Doc Rivers couldnt handle? You think DA really wants this kid to start by having to deal with such a situation?  WAIT, better yet! YOU THINK BRAD STEVENS SAID TO HIMSELF, "i turned down other NBA jobs only to be asked to dive into a rebuild with the Celtics and now must prove I can balance the instable PG who is coming back from ACL surgery AND is supposedly a guy who ran off Doc and Ray Allen. Cool, nothing like a challenge!!!!"  WOW!

Uhm, there are rumors that Doc and Rondo got into a couple of arguments. therer are also rumors (started by Rivers) that they like each other. 

So, should I beleive the guys in the locker room with Rondo, or posters who don't know him? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Perfect marriage? Rondo smart? Damn man, you really think DA parades the youngest coach into the league and inks him to a six year, $22-mil contract and askes him to experiment with being the guy who can handle the same fool that Doc Rivers couldnt handle? You think DA really wants this kid to start by having to deal with such a situation?  WAIT, better yet! YOU THINK BRAD STEVENS SAID TO HIMSELF, "i turned down other NBA jobs only to be asked to dive into a rebuild with the Celtics and now must prove I can balance the instable PG who is coming back from ACL surgery AND is supposedly a guy who ran off Doc and Ray Allen. Cool, nothing like a challenge!!!!"  WOW!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

Uhm, there are rumors that Doc and Rondo got into a couple of arguments. therer are also rumors (started by Rivers) that they like each other. 

So, should I beleive the guys in the locker room with Rondo, or posters who don't know him? 

Oh i know who you believe! YOU! Its obvious! Nothing is gonna change what you want and thats Rondo! When hes traded, youll say it aint true and youll watch the games pretending hes still on the team. DEVOID OF BB IQ........!  WOW!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

[QUOTE]

Yes, this one is hard to predict.  Rondo has such a personality that he will challenge Brad Stevens.  However, Rondo's mercurial brilliance is very obvious as well.  The question is, "Will Brad Stevens be able to hold his own?"  He should be able to given how much trust Danny has put in him.

I am pretty sure that Danny has thought this through.  I don't think that the cause and effect are related.  Danny has already made the decision whether or not to trade Rondo.  The driving considerations are getting a high draft pick, getting more future picks and dumping salary.  That is balanced against a faster recovery pace after tanking this year.  And tanking it will be whether or not they keep Rondo because even if they keep him, his recovery will take time, new player development will take time and the new chemistry will take time.

So I don't think that the hiring of Brad Stevens affects the "trade Rondo" outcome.

[/QUOTE]

I think, this is a good post. I don't doubt Rondo will test Stevens. I just think a coach this into metrics, this into studying film, will be able to come up with a better answer than, "because I said so"  

Rondo, is bright, I think he'll respect solid answers.  Also, this team is his without, Pierce and KG. I think he'll be anxious to prove himself. If a coach can present good reasons to do something I think Rondo will buy in. Rondo seems a diva, but he seems ambitious as hell as well.