Rondo and Brad Stevens the perfect marriage.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: Rondo and Brad Stevens the perfect marriage.

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to jtkl's comment:

Perfect marriage? Rondo smart? Damn man, you really think DA parades the youngest coach into the league and inks him to a six year, $22-mil contract and askes him to experiment with being the guy who can handle the same fool that Doc Rivers couldnt handle? You think DA really wants this kid to start by having to deal with such a situation?  WAIT, better yet! YOU THINK BRAD STEVENS SAID TO HIMSELF, "i turned down other NBA jobs only to be asked to dive into a rebuild with the Celtics and now must prove I can balance the instable PG who is coming back from ACL surgery AND is supposedly a guy who ran off Doc and Ray Allen. Cool, nothing like a challenge!!!!"  WOW!

Uhm, there are rumors that Doc and Rondo got into a couple of arguments. therer are also rumors (started by Rivers) that they like each other. 

So, should I beleive the guys in the locker room with Rondo, or posters who don't know him? 

Oh i know who you believe! YOU! Its obvious! Nothing is gonna change what you want and thats Rondo! When hes traded, youll say it aint true and youll watch the games pretending hes still on the team. DEVOID OF BB IQ........!  WOW!!!

I beleive Danny ainge, I beleive Doc rivers, and I beleive, players, like KG, Pierce, and Dooling. 

You beleive internet rumours. 

You state things like "Rondo drove doc away" based on what? What Doc said? No doc said it wasn't that. Based on, being in the locker room? Wait you wern't there. Oh wait you read an internet rumours. Well that is good enough for you. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

The problem is Rondo might think he's better than Stevens. 

That's where the problem will start.

Yes, this one is hard to predict.  Rondo has such a personality that he will challenge Brad Stevens.  However, Rondo's mercurial brilliance is very obvious as well.  The question is, "Will Brad Stevens be able to hold his own?"  He should be able to given how much trust Danny has put in him.

I am pretty sure that Danny has thought this through.  I don't think that the cause and effect are related.  Danny has already made the decision whether or not to trade Rondo.  The driving considerations are getting a high draft pick, getting more future picks and dumping salary.  That is balanced against a faster recovery pace after tanking this year.  And tanking it will be whether or not they keep Rondo because even if they keep him, his recovery will take time, new player development will take time and the new chemistry will take time.

So I don't think that the hiring of Brad Stevens affects the "trade Rondo" outcome.

I think, this is a good post. I don't doubt Rondo will test Stevens. I just think a coach this into metrics, this into studying film, will be able to come up with a better answer than, "because I said so"  

Rondo, is bright, I think he'll respect solid answers.  Also, this team is his without, Pierce and KG. I think he'll be anxious to prove himself. If a coach can present good reasons to do something I think Rondo will buy in. Rondo seems a diva, but he seems ambitious as hell as well. 

Brand New young inexperienced coaches arent expected to clean up personnel issues. OH WAIT, tell me Rondo pinky promised to cooperate and thats why Brad said bed take the job!!!!!! Now i feel better!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Yes, this one is hard to predict.  Rondo has such a personality that he will challenge Brad Stevens.  However, Rondo's mercurial brilliance is very obvious as well.  The question is, "Will Brad Stevens be able to hold his own?"  He should be able to given how much trust Danny has put in him.

I am pretty sure that Danny has thought this through.  I don't think that the cause and effect are related.  Danny has already made the decision whether or not to trade Rondo.  The driving considerations are getting a high draft pick, getting more future picks and dumping salary.  That is balanced against a faster recovery pace after tanking this year.  And tanking it will be whether or not they keep Rondo because even if they keep him, his recovery will take time, new player development will take time and the new chemistry will take time.

So I don't think that the hiring of Brad Stevens affects the "trade Rondo" outcome.

[/QUOTE]

I think, this is a good post. I don't doubt Rondo will test Stevens. I just think a coach this into metrics, this into studying film, will be able to come up with a better answer than, "because I said so"  

Rondo, is bright, I think he'll respect solid answers.  Also, this team is his without, Pierce and KG. I think he'll be anxious to prove himself. If a coach can present good reasons to do something I think Rondo will buy in. Rondo seems a diva, but he seems ambitious as hell as well. 

[/QUOTE]

Brand New young inexperienced coaches arent expected to clean up personnel issues. OH WAIT, tell me Rondo pinky promised to cooperate!!!!!! Now i feel better!

[/QUOTE]

Why would anyone care how you feel? Rondo, wants to be great. the team was never fully his with KG and Pierce here. He'll be anxious to prove he can lead this team in my opinion. Obviously you don't feel that way and throw a temper tantrum, to show how much you don't feel that way. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

That is the bottom line.  Doc also said that he perfers to deal with fire than to have to work to light it up.  The real question here is whether Rondo will take this on as a challenge or not?  I am not expecting that Rondo will suddenly become a Ray Allen type shooter.  I am expecting that Rondo will be ready to sacrifice his game a bit and be ready to move out of his comfort zone to complete the team's needs.

Frankly, I am torn.  If Danny can move Wallace, I would love to keep Rondo.  There is so much change that the Celts will lose a lot of games next year, with or without Rondo.  Unless Rondo has to go coupled with a salary dump, I perfer to keep him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Brand New young inexperienced coaches arent expected to clean up personnel issues. OH WAIT, tell me Rondo pinky promised to cooperate!!!!!! Now i feel better!

Why would anyone care how you feel? Rondo, wants to be great. the team was never fully his with KG and Pierce here. He'll be anxious to prove he can lead this team in my opinion. Obviously you don't feel that way and throw a temper tantrum, to show how much you don't feel that way. 

Brad said, "If Rondo promises to be nice and listen to me and let me prove i can coach, then i will take the job because I've heard Rondo is smart and he wants to be great. Danny if you tell me that all the rumors about Rondo arent true, then i will leave my wonderful job and bring my family to Boston. Ok. wheres that pen Danny. Im so excited!!!! 6-yrs is GUARANTEED, right danny?" Dude wake up.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]

That is the bottom line.  Doc also said that he perfers to deal with fire than to have to work to light it up.  The real question here is whether Rondo will take this on as a challenge or not?  I am not expecting that Rondo will suddenly become a Ray Allen type shooter.  I am expecting that Rondo will be ready to sacrifice his game a bit and be ready to move out of his comfort zone to complete the team's needs.

Frankly, I am torn.  If Danny can move Wallace, I would love to keep Rondo.  There is so much change that the Celts will lose a lot of games next year, with or without Rondo.  Unless Rondo has to go coupled with a salary dump, I perfer to keep him.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, me too. I'm actually not completly against a trade, if it nets a a very good return. But Rondo is an all star player. If tanking doesn't work we are going to have to package our assets in trade and, to trade we have to someone a star would want to play with. I think Rondo is that kind of talent.  Because of that, I think we hold on to him. He is on a very good contract, and when he is locked in, he is great. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Brad said, "If Rondo promises to be nice and listen to me and let me prove i can coach, then i will take the job because I've heard Rondo is smart and he wants to be great. Danny if you tell me that all the rumors about Rondo arent true, then i will leave my wonderful job and bring my family to Boston. Ok. wheres that pen Danny. Im so excited!!!! 6-yrs is GUARANTEED, right danny?"

Well, coaches like to win, I'm pretty sure as a coach he'd like to keep the most talented player on the team. However, it seems you now not only have internet rumours to back you up you have imaginary conversations. No wonder you can't be convinced. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, me too. I'm actually not completly against a trade, if it nets a a very good return. But Rondo is an all star player. If tanking doesn't work we are going to have to package our assets in trade and, to trade we have to someone a star would want to play with. I think Rondo is that kind of talent.  Because of that, I think we hold on to him. He is on a very good contract, and when he is locked in, he is great. 

[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, when hes locked in his rubber room. Sounds like you know hes gonna be gone Now. I'll ease up then. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh one other thing I thought of when you mentioned Ray Allen, Players coming back from knee injuries often come back with a better jump shot, because that is all they can do during rehab. 

So I'm hopeful. There were signs of lots of improvement last year on the jumpshot as well(I realize your point wasn't on the jump shot but on sacrificing game.)  He actually form the midrange was the best shooting point guard in the game last year. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, when hes locked in his rubber room. Sounds like you know hes gonna be gone Now. I'll ease up then. 

[/QUOTE]

Wow such certainty. What's that based on more imaginary conversations?  Danny says he isn't trading Rondo, but being a magical being like you are you know what Danny is really planning.

Other GM's say Danny isn't shopping Rondo, but your Sources have told you otherwise. Sadly those sources teams probably don't know you can hear their thoughts and know the truth.

Look, if Miami offered Lebron James for Rondo, Rondo is going. If Some other team offers a really good deal he is likely gone, but it will have to be a really, really. good deal. The celtics aren't just dumping an all star in his prime. They'll want a lot. So, since based on history, those trades are few and far between. He is likely staying.

That's logic.  I'm sorry to break it to you. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GabrielXL. Show GabrielXL's posts

A lot of people here seem to think this means goodbye to Rondo. I think it's going to be a great match. Here's why"

Rondo might be the smartest player in the league. Like him or not the guy is sharp. It's one of the reasons he clashes with coaches. 

Steven's is as bright as they come. He'll put Rondo in positions to maximize his talent.  They'll clash some, but I think Rondo will respect him. 

Here is a quote from Celticsblog has be excited:

Rondo is a chess master, always thinking 3 steps ahead and off the beaten path. Here's the thing: so is Stevens. Both defy conventions. Both are exceptional at thinking through problems and seeing things that others miss. If they can skip past the rocky transition or at least get over it quickly, they could be a formidable pair for years to come.

I'm inclined to agree wholeheartedly and I alluded to this on another forum. I tried to make the point that "cerebral players" like Rondo, don't suffer easily those who (by their perception) aren't working to perfect their craft. Having a thinking, ambitious and progressive-minded coach on the sidelines might be exactly what Rondo needs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

I always defended Rondo until the transformation last season around the time of his injury and the 17 second pound the ball into the floor each posession thing he did every night.  Now he needs to prove it to me.  This season will be fun.  We will all see once and for all if Rondo is a true pro of if he is just an arrogant and uncoachable stats grabber with untold and untapped potential.  I always said he had MVP of the league potential and I'd love to be right about that.  I'll give the guy another season.  It's his show now.  Nate Archibald or Derrick Coleman?

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to MelWitt's comment:

Every thinking basketball fan in Boston wants Rondon't gone asap...dead and gone...he's a twisted, psychotic , greedy coach killing egotist more concerned with triple doubles and assist stats than playing D and winning games...he doesn't want coaching he wants what he wants...very un-Celtic like punk...he's as gone as the Old South and the Edsel, John Kennedy, Jimi Hendrix and Johhny Most, who'd absolutely HATE him......stick a fork in the legend in his own mind malcontent...hope he likes Detroit...a dead career for a dead city... now that's synergism!

I feel your pain. Every day, you read the headlines. you pray, you hope, you beg the gods and yet Rondo is still on the team. 

And please don't insult sentient beings by calling yourself a thinking person again. Thinking people are capable of coherent arguments. 

I calibrate the argument according to the fallow intelligence of the recipient....that being written,

RonDONT

RonDONT

RonDONT

In this life, you get what you deserve!!!

Rajon Rondo 1

You calibrate to the level of your highest self. A re tarded Circus monkey. It is the best you can hope to be and if you keep working at it you might get there. Have to clean up the drool first. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]

Brand New young inexperienced coaches arent expected to clean up personnel issues. OH WAIT, tell me Rondo pinky promised to cooperate and thats why Brad said bed take the job!!!!!! Now i feel better!

[/QUOTE]

Another day and Rondo is still on the roster. I'm so sorry my little man. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Rally C said it all when he said you only want to hear YOUR reasoning...Rondon't won't be there..it doesn't have to happen today for that to be true...lol..there's plenty of time to say I told you so.....and I'll have that chance...and the great thing is you know I'm right...it's why I've got you spinning like a top, me and anyone who dare says Rondon't is gone...if dude was so intelligent he'd already be able to take direction for the good of the team....besides YOU (and I doubt YOU know him any better than anyone who actually DOES know him), who else says he's smart? The press covering the team holds him in EXTREMELY LOW REGARD for the most part...they cover these guys everyday...they don't have to stay on his good side...I'll listen to them...and we shall see...don't forget, we have up until the trade deadline next season....if he makes it that long......BTW....love to see you resort to personal attack...that's when I knew I had you......

I will always do this now because I know it drives you INSANE!

Yo MelWittt, you said it baby!!! JTKL and the rest just dont want to hear the truth. WE are true fans of the Cs and want whats best for them. He and the others just want to be right about RR. They dont stop to ask why EVERYBODY IS WONDERING WHATS NEXT FOR RAJ-SOON GONDO. If he was all that, it wouldnt even be a discussion. LETM HAVE IT MY BRUTHA! in the end, RR GOES BY TRADE DEADLINE at the very latest. Id be shocked if he even gets to camp. My bet is HELL NO!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

A lot of people here seem to think this means goodbye to Rondo. I think it's going to be a great match. Here's why"

Rondo might be the smartest player in the league. Like him or not the guy is sharp. It's one of the reasons he clashes with coaches. 

Steven's is as bright as they come. He'll put Rondo in positions to maximize his talent.  They'll clash some, but I think Rondo will respect him. 

Are you Rondo or related to him?

His goal is to be considered the greatest point guard. Winning is a secondary proposition in the regular season. He drives away Ray and Doc, causing a rebuild. Never confuse stubborn behavior for intelligence.

Rondo, as the only remaining Celtics star knows that he is worth more than the coach to the team, and he will continue to use that leverage to his own benefit. In the NCAA, coaches are god like. In the NBA coaches play second or third fiddle.

Either Danny trades Rondo, when he starts to play well again, maximizing his value, or he trades Rondo for less than his talent is worth. These two are the odd couple. 

Rondo is a chess master, always thinking 3 steps ahead and off the beaten path. Here's the thing: so is Stevens. Both defy conventions. Both are exceptional at thinking through problems and seeing things that others miss. If they can skip past the rocky transition or at least get over it quickly, they could be a formidable pair for years to come.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Jump-ball-overtime's comment:

[QUOTE]

Are you Rondo or related to him?

His goal is to be considered the greatest point guard. Winning is a secondary proposition in the regular season. He drives away Ray and Doc, causing a rebuild. Never confuse stubborn behavior for intelligence.

Rondo, as the only remaining Celtics star knows that he is worth more than the coach to the team, and he will continue to use that leverage to his own benefit. In the NCAA, coaches are god like. In the NBA coaches play second or third fiddle.

Either Danny trades Rondo, when he starts to play well again, maximizing his value, or he trades Rondo for less than his talent is worth. These two are the odd couple. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah but "If" not, THE GAMBLE COSTS THE ORG HUGELY!  Basketball IQ says weve seen enough to know better than to risk it. stop the man love, PLEASE?????

Sections
Shortcuts