Rondo and Carmelo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Rondo and Carmelo

Rondo and Carmelo and we would be on our way.  Find some other guys that have not won a title like Smith, and let hunger lead us like it did with Paul, Kevin, and Ray.  The cost of Carmelo would be high and might cancel the deal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Re: Rondo and Carmelo

Rondo and Carmelo can go to the Lakers as far as I'm concerned.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

rondo, hayward, carmelo or green, sully/olynyk, asik or someone similar, bradley as 6th man. i would like that team. but that's just fantasy type stuff. lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from poopsteo. Show poopsteo's posts

Melo in 5 years as a 6th man.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I wouldn't mind trading Rondo for picks and pieces to a team that could actually sign Melo. I had put out a scenario with the Magic, but there's a few other teams with the cap room.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

rondo, hayward, carmelo or green, sully/olynyk, asik or someone similar, bradley as 6th man. i would like that team. but that's just fantasy type stuff. lol

That team would get us into the lottery for sure.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

Rondo and Carmelo can go to the Lakers as far as I'm concerned.

+1 million billion trillion

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

If we get Carmelo, we must retain Rondo, they would be a great pair.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

In response to kaktug's comment:

That team would get us into the lottery for sure.

I'm not saying that's a title team, but it's better than what we've got right now. We need an outside shooter desperately to open things up. Hayward or so done like him. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

It's bad enough some people still havent woke up and realized what an over rated player & team chemistry destroyer (on & off court) Rondo is.... now they want to bring the black hole of basketball on board

Ive watched lots of Knick games the last few years and Melo turns any teams offense into a set-me-a-pick or clear-out-for-me offense... the anti Celtic system and anti winning system... even MJ couldnt pull it off early in his career.

Just imagine the two drama queens on the court in a tug of war ripping the ball from each others grasp...  what the heck are you thinking?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

No to Melo. He doesn't, and will never understand team basketball.  I say if we can't get KLove we trade Rondo and go young. Build through the draft and do everything possible to steal Anthony Davis. After Lebron is done dominating the league he will be an unstoppable 2way force who has everything needed to lead a team to championship status.  He is a mix of Duncan and KG and I just see him getting better and better every year.  I also don't see him staying with the F'n Pelicans. At some point he will go to a true NBA large market team like Boston, LA, NY or something.  The Celtics are as good as anybody in this regard.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

2 thoughts.  Why in the world would we want a selfish ballhog who would crush our cap?  #2, Melo would never come here.  He already said he wants to win now, not rebuild.  We are rebuilding.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I am really ambivalent on Melo. He isn't a guy that loves defense but, he can outscore anyone in the league. When you have a guy that is a great scorer he is supposed to take a lot of shots so I think the ball hog stuff is unjustified. Other than this season the guy is a winner, this was the first time ever since H.S. where he hasn't been in the playoffs. The situation in NY isn't his doing and I think playing for the Knicks has jaundiced many of my fellow Celtics fans. I can understand the comparison to when RA,KG got together and if leaves the Knicks his next team will get the best from Melo . Depending on the terms, no one and done, and what we'd have to give up I'd be happy to see him a Celtics uniform. If we did get Melo and Rondo to commit to 3 years here I think finding a 3rd piece would be easier and depending how the ping pong balls bounce on 5/20 we could be contenders next year. A lot of ifs though.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Rondo and Carmelo and we would be on our way. "

Yes, to the bottom of the division. 

Fail. 

Rondo needs the influence of guys who can score AND lead a team. 

Anthony has shown he can lead a team - out of playoff contention. 

I've never understood why folks want to see how he loses up close. 

He's also gone on record saying he wants to string teams along in free agency like Dwight Howard did.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

I am really ambivalent on Melo. He isn't a guy that loves defense but, he can outscore anyone in the league. When you have a guy that is a great scorer he is supposed to take a lot of shots so I think the ball hog stuff is unjustified. Other than this season the guy is a winner, this was the first time ever since H.S. where he hasn't been in the playoffs. The situation in NY isn't his doing and I think playing for the Knicks has jaundiced many of my fellow Celtics fans. I can understand the comparison to when RA,KG got together and if leaves the Knicks his next team will get the best from Melo . Depending on the terms, no one and done, and what we'd have to give up I'd be happy to see him a Celtics uniform. If we did get Melo and Rondo to commit to 3 years here I think finding a 3rd piece would be easier and depending how the ping pong balls bounce on 5/20 we could be contenders next year. A lot of ifs though.

WE would have a shot and be back in the conversation.  That team would be very good in a 7 game series.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

How could anyone think Rondo and Carmelo would be good playing togather? They both dominate the ball, Rondo would be useless when Carmelo had the ball. Which would be a lot.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Finally, i can post again.  Where's Fierce?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

So so short sighted.  Ain't gonna happen, Ainge is so much smarter than that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Finally, i can post again.  Where's Fierce?

Shhhhh........

Sections
Shortcuts