Rondo and other PG's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Rondo and other PG's

Does he really want to be known as the third best PG behind Rose and CP3????

I think not.

I said it first, Rondo will have a huge playoffs.

Mark it down.

04-17-11 / 6:37 Eastern time. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: Rondo and other PG's

Tonight will be a great time to put himself right back in that category with a strong performance.  I really look for Rondo to step it up and lead us to a convincing victory.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Rondo and other PG's:
    Does he really want to be known as the third best PG behind Rose and CP3???? I think not. I said it first, Rondo will have a huge playoffs . Mark it down. 04-17-11 / 6:37 Eastern time. 
    Posted by Getzo

Right 3rd behind Rose and CP3.... lmao

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/playerrankings/regularseason/PG

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

seeing that Rose and CP3 won their respective games in the closing minutes and Rondo could have very easily have single handedly lost the game for the Cs with his stupid careless play...ummm how can you even put Rondo in their level.  Try several levels down, like 12-15 best PG category.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo and other PG's:
    seeing that Rose and CP3 won their respective games in the closing minutes and Rondo could have very easily have single handedly lost the game for the Cs with his stupid careless play...ummm how can you even put Rondo in their level.  Try several levels down, like 12-15 best PG category.
    Posted by Eldunker

c'mon

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

Rondo is better than Westbrook and Williams? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

In Response to Rondo and other PG's : Right 3rd behind Rose and CP3.... lmao http://www.cbssports.com/nba/playerrankings/regularseason/PG
    Posted by TheDUDDER

also behind Dwilliams, Westbrook, Nash, Parker, Billups, etc

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

Posted by Eldunker

I totally agree i think even Andre Miller is palying better right now

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo and other PG's : also behind Dwilliams, Westbrook, Nash, Parker, Billups, etc
    Posted by RickFox17

Billups is not better anymore.  Nash is better.  Parker is better when healthy. 

If you were talking about the next 5 years I'd take Rondo over Parker and Nash but definitely behind the 4 who have been mentioned, Rose, Paul, Westbrook, Williams and maybe a couple others, Curry or even Collison in Indiana maybe.    Assuming I'm forgetting a guy or 2, Both Felton and Lawson in Denver have good futures, that puts Rondo somewhere around 7-8 in terms of PG of the future.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo and other PG's : Billups is not better anymore.  Nash is better.  Parker is better when healthy.  If you were talking about the next 5 years I'd take Rondo over Parker and Nash but definitely behind the 4 who have been mentioned, Rose, Paul, Westbrook, Williams and maybe a couple others, Curry or even Collison in Indiana maybe.    Assuming I'm forgetting a guy or 2, Both Felton and Lawson in Denver have good futures, that puts Rondo somewhere around 7-8 in terms of PG of the future.  
    Posted by Calmy

If we can get Dwilliams in the offseason  we should go for it.  I like his game and is strong, can take it to the basket, shoots FT well and can score.  he is all around true PG.  Defense i dont know much but he is a winner

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Point was he is going to play better and those two men aforementioned have a spotlight going.....

Wait is this a Celtics board?????

Where em I/????

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick to my stomach

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

And some of these 'better' PG's are watching Rondo play don't forget, and don't say he has a better team, blah blah blah.. I don't care... they're on their couches.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

If we had a true PG like those guys we mentioned before we win this game easily and not in the last seconds with a clutch 3 pointer to a team with one of the worst defense in the league.  Like the NBA analysist say as Rondo goes so do the Celtics.  He is not that good sorry.  I am no the only Celtic fan  that feels that way,  Go the Celtics blog.com and check out those forums on Rondo.  I love my Celtics since Bird was a rookie and I was a little kid growing up in NY>  I live in LA now and it is tough being a Celtics fan but I am representing them always,

Go Celtics

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

And some of these 'better' PG's are watching Rondo play don't forget, and don't say he has a better team, blah blah blah.. I don't care... they're on their couches.
    Posted by Getzo

Good logic.  So Ronny Turiaf is better than Blake Griffin and Kevin Love?

It is possible to support the Celtics but still be willing to acknowledge Rondo's obvious shortcomings.  I saw Paul hit more jumpers yesterday then I've seen Rondo make all year.  Elite PG's don't shoot 55% from the line. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo and other PG's : Good logic.  So Ronny Turiaf is better than Blake Griffin and Kevin Love? It is possible to support the Celtics but still be willing to acknowledge Rondo's obvious shortcomings.  I saw Paul hit more jumpers yesterday then I've seen Rondo make all year.  Elite PG's don't shoot 55% from the line. 
    Posted by Calmy

thank you  and  you seem have a better sense of the game,  about time someone who knows the game. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Rondo can be a very effective PG.. his game is different from the others... theres no one mold for a pg.

His trouble is consistency and effort imo.

He's at his best driving hard, zooming by defenders for layups & creating switches opening up his teammates...

At his worse pounding the ball near the FT line looking around for someone to get open.. stagnanting the offense ... and his reluctance to shoot & make open jumpers.. adds tremendous pressure to our offense.

Also his worse is his ole defense..  getting picked off with ease (like last nights game #1 vs Knicks) and not even hustling to eithr recover or defend the role///

Rondo turns it on & off at his convenience it seems... this isnt something you see from the real good PGs in the NBA like Rose, Nash, Paul , Westbrook etc..

They may have bad games but its not from lack of effort or deciding to ease up

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo and other PG's : Good logic.  So Ronny Turiaf is better than Blake Griffin and Kevin Love? It is possible to support the Celtics but still be willing to acknowledge Rondo's obvious shortcomings.  I saw Paul hit more jumpers yesterday then I've seen Rondo make all year.  Elite PG's don't shoot 55% from the line. 
    Posted by Calmy

I've called out his shooting abilities myself... but it seems we forgot how well he can play and has played...  Should we void Carl Crawfords contract??? Look he is a starting point guard in the NBA, and he is a Celtic.  It could be much worse. 

"Good logic.  So Ronny Turiaf is better than Blake Griffin and Kevin Love?"

Don't use a putrid attempt to make it seem like I am being a homer and did not justify my means.  Rondo even if a top 10 or 12 as another poster said, is still much better off than other PG's. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

At his worse pounding the ball near the FT line looking around for someone to get open.. stagnanting the offense ... and his reluctance to shoot & make open jumpers.. adds tremendous pressure to our offense.
    Posted by Karllost

And against better defensive teams like MIA and CHI this can be fatal because his unwillingness to take and inability to make open jumpers allows teams to play off him and prevent open shots for others.  It also makes it tough for him and others to get to the rim.

I really think he has regressed offensively this season.  He looks less confident at the line and around the basket.  I could be wrong but it seems like he was more effective finishing drives and dropping floaters from the lane in the past. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

I  feel the same way and I have saying the same things about Rondo.  He had a better second half last nite cause he started to break down the defense for wasy looks for others to scores.  His speed and quickness are his weapons.  We may need to give Dwest more minutes cause he can shoot, drive to the basket, shoot FTs, pass  and can shoot

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Rondo and other PG's : Right 3rd behind Rose and CP3.... lmao http://www.cbssports.com/nba/playerrankings/regularseason/PG
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Posting from the fantasy league again dudder?  These stats also rate Darko milicek as a better center than Shaq, and Antwain Jamison as a better power forward than KG. why? Because they are fantasy league stats.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo and other PG's : thank you  and  you seem have a better sense of the game,  about time someone who knows the game. 
    Posted by RickFox17

Better sense of the game? How condescending... lol

Anyways at least I see the weaknesses as well as the stregnths.. that's the sense I have of the game... pro's and con's..

Not a negative nancy...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Rondo is a terrifc point guard. He played good in the first half where he was our leading scorer. He took and made open jump shots.

In the second half he was leading the break and getting other guys involved. The reason that happend is our defense got stops and he was able to get out and run where he is a holy terror for oppsing defenses in the open court.

Team defense was the difference in Rondo's play between the first and second half. Our defense gets stops, Rondo gets to run. Our defense get's scored on the other defense gets setup where they force Rondo to shoot. Luckily he was making them or the knicks would have blown us out in the first half.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo and other PG's : Better sense of the game? How condescending... lol Anyways at least I see the weaknesses as well as the stregnths.. that's the sense I have of the game... pro's and con's.. Not a negative nancy...
    Posted by Getzo

I was a big Rondo fan the last 3 years but he just does not care it seems or he has been exposed of his wekness like I have read before.  I just want the best for our Celtics.  I also read that he is a head case and very stubborn and watching jim on the Celtics ESPN Association episodes he does not look happy or is very serious and not loose like other guys.  Even Perk was  loose in the end of his Celtics days.  Maybe he is not happy here anymore.  the last 2 years people were saying that he was possible hall of famer candidate and now maybe I wont be surprise he is not an all star next year.  I hope he learns how to shoot better like DRose did over the summer

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo and other PG's : I was a big Rondo fan the last 3 years but he just does not care it seems or he has been exposed of his wekness like I have read before.  I just want the best for our Celtics.  I also read that he is a head case and very stubborn and watching jim on the Celtics ESPN Association episodes he does not look happy or is very serious and not loose like other guys.  Even Perk was  loose in the end of his Celtics days.  Maybe he is not happy here anymore.  the last 2 years people were saying that he was possible hall of famer candidate and now maybe I wont be surprise he is not an all star next year.  I hope he learns how to shoot better like DRose did over the summer
    Posted by RickFox17

Well there you go!  You questioned his heart and shooting ability....  not matter what you are at least 50% accurate with that statement.  As I said before I would feel very good about beating him in a free throw contest(In a gym, not stadium as I would buckle under pressure probably)..... in all seriousness, questioning his heart is more opinion than heart, but I canot say you may not have a point.

Let's brush that all under the rug and just say when you look at our team, you have to be happy we have a PG like Rondo... again he may not be the best, but he surely fills a postion that you do not look to upgrade.  He is a starting PG and hopefully he'll show you he has heart soon. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

I think if we had CP3 , Drose , Dwilliams, Nash or Westbrook we would be in the finals this year we no problem

Sections
Shortcuts