Rondo and other PG's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: Rondo and other PG's

In Response to Re: Rondo and other PG's:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Rondo and other PG's : Triple double anyone? Game 3 in the garden? Still a little careless with the ball, sure.  But he is beginnning to play his best bball of the year so far.
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Incredible, he is an embarrassment for game 1, the opponent's point guard who happens to have the same number of rings and went o 6 straight conference finals - whose nickname is Mr. Big Shot - is injured and Rondo has a couple of good games against a second year guy.....  wow.. I am so impressed. 

When every game is against the Washington Generals and all is scripted and then there are ups and downs we can always attribute it to what is going on internally but then of course, we may want to look at what is actually happening with the opponent and perhaps realize the opponent is not a bunch of nameless faceless guys.....

Of the remaining series I would only take Miller, Kidd, Westbrook, Paul, Billups (healthy), Hinrich, Rose, Terry, Collison, Conley Jr., and Nelson and not be any worse off and of course be much better in some situations.  Somehow making shots, making 3s, making free throws, not avoiding and or making shots is not a negative but a positive and it is construed as Rondo being unselfish as opposed to um... being completely unable to perform the most basic job responsibilities.  I can see it in the locker room.. Pierce goes over to Rose and says "hey when the shot clock is running down don't make a hero pass, just make a routine jumper".... um  Paul I make jumpers all the time..... I can of course see when KG goes up to Westbrook and says hey make a couple of f n free throws and Westbrook says hey I made 14 of 15 in the last game what do you think I am a Rondo or something......  I can see when Kidd makes 3 after 3 after 3 like Nash makes every shot humanly possible and Ray and Paul and KG take him aside and say "hey what do you think is going on here, why do you keep making shots?"  Well I am not sure what other guys you have played with but I can shoot and lead the league in assists and make jumpers and 3s all the time....."oh s hit really, we were somehow supposed to believe that nobody could do that and that Rondo was some sort of great point guard that could do it all.... except shoot, finish, make 3s, make freebies, make uncontested jumpers, blah blah blah...."

Playing his best at this time of year?  Is that how it goes when the other team is a 6 seed and their starting point guard is out?  Wow let's hope that continues.

I cannot wait until LeBron dominates the Cs in the next series and Rondo is the leading scorer in every game and the Cs lose all the games and we can read about how Rondo has been the leading scorer and somehow the Cs have a distinct advantage at the point.... when LeBron is the MVP runner up and is the point guard and Rondo ensures that his team loses the next series as he did in the finals last year.

He is such a pass first point guard, you know the kind that is a pass first point guard ummmm because he cannot do all the things that even average point guards do but somehow qualifying him as a pass first guy it means he is better in some minute way than his peers who ummmmm.... keep playing in the playoffs after he starts working on his next level of roller skating.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

cut and paste.  Please go away.  I didn't even read past the first paragraph.  I know what it say.  Your a broken record.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo and other PG's : Incredible, he is an embarrassment for game 1, the opponent's point guard who happens to have the same number of rings and went o 6 straight conference finals - whose nickname is Mr. Big Shot - is injured and Rondo has a couple of good games against a second year guy.....  wow.. I am so impressed.  When every game is against the Washington Generals and all is scripted and then there are ups and downs we can always attribute it to what is going on internally but then of course, we may want to look at what is actually happening with the opponent and perhaps realize the opponent is not a bunch of nameless faceless guys..... Of the remaining series I would only take Miller, Kidd, Westbrook, Paul, Billups (healthy), Hinrich, Rose, Terry, Collison, Conley Jr., and Nelson and not be any worse off and of course be much better in some situations.  Somehow making shots, making 3s, making free throws, not avoiding and or making shots is not a negative but a positive and it is construed as Rondo being unselfish as opposed to um... being completely unable to perform the most basic job responsibilities.  I can see it in the locker room.. Pierce goes over to Rose and says "hey when the shot clock is running down don't make a hero pass, just make a routine jumper".... um  Paul I make jumpers all the time..... I can of course see when KG goes up to Westbrook and says hey make a couple of f n free throws and Westbrook says hey I made 14 of 15 in the last game what do you think I am a Rondo or something......  I can see when Kidd makes 3 after 3 after 3 like Nash makes every shot humanly possible and Ray and Paul and KG take him aside and say "hey what do you think is going on here, why do you keep making shots?"  Well I am not sure what other guys you have played with but I can shoot and lead the league in assists and make jumpers and 3s all the time....."oh s hit really, we were somehow supposed to believe that nobody could do that and that Rondo was some sort of great point guard that could do it all.... except shoot, finish, make 3s, make freebies, make uncontested jumpers, blah blah blah...." Playing his best at this time of year?  Is that how it goes when the other team is a 6 seed and their starting point guard is out?  Wow let's hope that continues. I cannot wait until LeBron dominates the Cs in the next series and Rondo is the leading scorer in every game and the Cs lose all the games and we can read about how Rondo has been the leading scorer and somehow the Cs have a distinct advantage at the point.... when LeBron is the MVP runner up and is the point guard and Rondo ensures that his team loses the next series as he did in the finals last year. He is such a pass first point guard, you know the kind that is a pass first point guard ummmm because he cannot do all the things that even average point guards do but somehow qualifying him as a pass first guy it means he is better in some minute way than his peers who ummmmm.... keep playing in the playoffs after he starts working on his next level of roller skating.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

a triple double is embarrassing now? you have high standards!

exactly: for all his playoff experience and big game reputation, billups has the SAME amount of rings as rondo. rondo outplayed him way back in 08, on the way to a title.

billups is old now and was the worst defender at denver this season: after he was traded, they went from being on of the worst defensive teams to one of hte best. there is no way billups slows rondo down in game 2 and 3. at least douglas is quick enough to stay with rondo.

the knicks are the washington generals? they had a 7 game win streak to close the season.

let's look at the point guards you would rather have instead of rondo:

andre miller: a career 20% 3pt shooter who is shooting 10% from 3 this season. congratulations, you found the one guy who shoots worse than rondo.

kidd: averaging 8 points per game this season. and you thought rondo's 11 was bad.

westbrook: the league leader in turnovers somehow doesn't want to pass the ball to the league's leading scorer. go figure.

paul: is better than rondo... when he's healthy.

billups: already been through why that's a bad idea.

hinrich: I like him, I really do. he's a pass first point guard who plays tough defense. but he's got no exceptional skills. he'd make a great backup pg.

rose: 6-22 fg, 1-9 3pt, 2-4 ft last game. he may be the MVP, but he's a horrible fit for our team.

terry: not even a point guard. do your homework.

conley: similar to hinrich: solid, well-rounded player with no exceptional skills.

nelson: any point guard who averages only 5 assists with DWIGHT HOWARD on their team clearly isn't doing their job properly. give rondo howard and he'd average 15 assists.

here's how I see the locker room conversations going:

PP: hey rose, can you pass to me occasionally? I'm only one of the most efficient scorers in the game
    R: what's a pass?

KG: westbrook, you've got the lowest fg% on the team, why do you shoot so much?
    W: because I want to make highlights.

RA: Kidd/Nash, love what you're doing on offense, but your man has 30 points already, could you play some D?
    K/N: we can't.

Is it rondo's fault that new york is not at full strength? we play the team we're scheduled to play.

You can't wait until LeBron dominates the Cs? what kind of fan are you? the same way he dominated us last playoffs? oh wait, rondo comprehensively outplayed him in that series.

if that's your opinion of pass-first point guards I would hate to play on your team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo and other PG's : Incredible, he is an embarrassment for game 1, the opponent's point guard who happens to have the same number of rings and went o 6 straight conference finals - whose nickname is Mr. Big Shot - is injured and Rondo has a couple of good games against a second year guy.....  wow.. I am so impressed.  When every game is against the Washington Generals and all is scripted and then there are ups and downs we can always attribute it to what is going on internally but then of course, we may want to look at what is actually happening with the opponent and perhaps realize the opponent is not a bunch of nameless faceless guys..... Of the remaining series I would only take Miller, Kidd, Westbrook, Paul, Billups (healthy), Hinrich, Rose, Terry, Collison, Conley Jr., and Nelson and not be any worse off and of course be much better in some situations.  Somehow making shots, making 3s, making free throws, not avoiding and or making shots is not a negative but a positive and it is construed as Rondo being unselfish as opposed to um... being completely unable to perform the most basic job responsibilities.  I can see it in the locker room.. Pierce goes over to Rose and says "hey when the shot clock is running down don't make a hero pass, just make a routine jumper".... um  Paul I make jumpers all the time..... I can of course see when KG goes up to Westbrook and says hey make a couple of f n free throws and Westbrook says hey I made 14 of 15 in the last game what do you think I am a Rondo or something......  I can see when Kidd makes 3 after 3 after 3 like Nash makes every shot humanly possible and Ray and Paul and KG take him aside and say "hey what do you think is going on here, why do you keep making shots?"  Well I am not sure what other guys you have played with but I can shoot and lead the league in assists and make jumpers and 3s all the time....."oh s hit really, we were somehow supposed to believe that nobody could do that and that Rondo was some sort of great point guard that could do it all.... except shoot, finish, make 3s, make freebies, make uncontested jumpers, blah blah blah...." Playing his best at this time of year?  Is that how it goes when the other team is a 6 seed and their starting point guard is out?  Wow let's hope that continues. I cannot wait until LeBron dominates the Cs in the next series and Rondo is the leading scorer in every game and the Cs lose all the games and we can read about how Rondo has been the leading scorer and somehow the Cs have a distinct advantage at the point.... when LeBron is the MVP runner up and is the point guard and Rondo ensures that his team loses the next series as he did in the finals last year. He is such a pass first point guard, you know the kind that is a pass first point guard ummmm because he cannot do all the things that even average point guards do but somehow qualifying him as a pass first guy it means he is better in some minute way than his peers who ummmmm.... keep playing in the playoffs after he starts working on his next level of roller skating.

I apologize, but I did say we don't care what you think?  As anybody with half a brain knows that a triple double is rather hard to do .... especially on the Road at the Garden, whcih was their first playoff game in about 8 years I believe.  Only a hater would minimize its significance. 

Stop hating.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

I`m glad you finally admitted that you can`t wait for the Celtics to lose.Despicable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

This is embarassing. What does Rondo have to do in order to be worthy in your eyes? He got a triple double, (which he was tied for the league lead for by the way)What about last years 28 18 13 performance against the "best PG in the league" Lebron? And are you saying we don't have an advantage at PG against the Heat? You take Mario Chalmers, I and everybody else here except Pud will take Rondo.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Rondo and other PG's:
    [QUOTE]Does he really want to be known as the third best PG behind Rose and CP3???? I think not. I said it first, Rondo will have a huge playoffs . Mark it down. 04-17-11 / 6:37 Eastern time. 
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Forgot to mention heart apparently.