Rondo and Sheed for Chris Paul?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: Rondo and Sheed for Chris Paul?

Yes, but he has a jump shot.  He'd also perform better in a half-court offense where his shooting ability would open things up for Ray, Pierce, and Garnett.  Right now, as long as teams prevent the Celtics from getting out on the break, Rondo's game is too one-dimensional

Nonetheless, it would be a bad trade because Rondo's and 'Sheed's contracts aren't enough.  You'd need to add another $2 million to the deal to make it work and Glen Davis is the only contract that fits the bill.

So,
    Rondo + Davis + Wallace > Chris Paul

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

He acts like a prima donna. He dribbles the air out of the ball, and is not as athletic as Rondo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Rondo and Sheed for Chris Paul?

NO WAY JOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CP3 is overrated!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from laker4eva. Show laker4eva's posts

Let me see, an old washed up walking technical foul and a no outside shot and free throw hack for CP3? Oh yeah, that's a trade the Hornets would really jump at lmao.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

He also misses 2 weeks for a sprained ankle. He's too much of a wussy for my liking.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo and Sheed for Chris Paul?:
    " When 100% healthy, Rondo couldn't come CLOSE to CP3's skills" Yeah, but he's not healthy and that's a lot to ponder when you consider trading Rondo. Rondo has aspects of his game that are superior to Paul's as well. When healthy, yeah I see Paul as a better player but he's NOT healthy yet. Knees are tricky things to gamble a franchise on.  " And furthermore, If we had CP3 in the NBA Finals, we would have beat the Lakers in 6 games" Perhaps, but Rondo was the best player in the eastern conference up to that point and you can't just assume that Paul would have carried them to the finals also. Paul is not as good a fit for the Celts as long as the Big Three are around because Paul needs the ball in his hands and a lot more shots than Rondo does. Look for Paul to block any trade talk of Boston and hold out for a destination where he can team with other younger stars like Lebron did.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

Oh, trust me. I KNOW Chris Paul wouldn't come here.

I'm just correcting some of the "Psycho Talk" like CP3 is overrated and/or doesn't have toughness. That talk belongs on the Ed Show.

But I'm sure CP will be fine for next season.

But I disagree that Rondo is better in some aspects. CP3 is a better passer, Rondo does too many careless and risky bounce passes in my opinion.

CP3 has a lower turnover ratio than Rondo.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

That would be hard to do at this point. I would welcome it but I would also be a little cautious of CP3. He just doesn't have toughness that a guy like a guy his size needs to have (ala Zeek, Iverson). How much better does he make guys around him compared to Rondo?? That's a tough one.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo and Sheed for Chris Paul? : Rondo...ditto. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e4BwXZcj0o
    Posted by fiorelladad

LOL

Rondo didn't dunk on Howard. Howard moved out of the way and gave him room if you watch carefully.

CP3 DUNKED OVER Howard and Howard JUMPED!

Big difference in my opinion.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregoBoston. Show GregoBoston's posts

NO will want to trade him to the Eastern Conference and package him with a bad contract like Okafor. 
    Orlando has a lot of assets: Vince Carter expiring deal, young Bigs like Gortat or Bass.  I dont think they would want Jameer Nelson as they already have another great PG. 

New York has Eddy Curry's expiring deal, Gallinari and the bigs they just aquired from GS.

The Celts have Rondo signed for the long-run at a very moderate salary.  CP3 could leave after 2 seasons, unless you negotiate an extension during the trade. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I'm just not confident it is an upgrade overall. Especially chemistry wise. Paul looks more stubborn than Rondo. Not as mentally tough or crafty.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

And furthermore, If we had CP3 in the NBA Finals, we would have beat the Lakers in 6 games, because the Lakers wouldn't sag off of him, they RESPECT his game, unlike Rondo.

He would command double teams, opening things up for Pierce and Ray.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Chris Paul doesn't have the toughness??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYgSWGbEKsQ

Not too many point guards can DUNK on Dwight Howard!

Enough said.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

CP3 overrated???

Seriously, I think some of you better check his stats or watch some film footage of his superior passing ability, quickness, shooting, and basketball IQ.

When 100% healthy, Rondo couldn't come CLOSE to CP3's skills. Him and Deron Williams are the 2 BEST point guards in the NBA today.

Get real.

Undecided

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"When 100% healthy, Rondo couldn't come CLOSE to CP3's skills"

Yeah, but he's not healthy and that's a lot to ponder when you consider trading Rondo. Rondo has aspects of his game that are superior to Paul's as well. When healthy, yeah I see Paul as a better player but he's NOT healthy yet. Knees are tricky things to gamble a franchise on. 

"And furthermore, If we had CP3 in the NBA Finals, we would have beat the Lakers in 6 games"

Perhaps, but Rondo was the best player in the eastern conference up to that point and you can't just assume that Paul would have carried them to the finals also. Paul is not as good a fit for the Celts as long as the Big Three are around because Paul needs the ball in his hands and a lot more shots than Rondo does. Look for Paul to block any trade talk of Boston and hold out for a destination where he can team with other younger stars like Lebron did.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I'm just not confident it is an upgrade overall. Especially chemistry wise. Paul looks more stubborn than Rondo. Not as mentally tough or crafty.
    Posted by DaCeltics

Paul is more stubborn than Rondo. He's simply not going to let you beat him.

Someone mentally tough wants the ball at crunch time. Does that sound like young Rondo?

Pud 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

CP3 doesn't have the "toughness"??? Obviously some people never seen many CP3 games. That guy is VERY tough and relentless going to the basket. That's why he gets dinged up sometimes, because he's NOT AFRAID of contact.

I think he's one of the more physical guards if you ask me, Deron Williams also.

I would take an 85% CP3 over a 100% Rondo. Even at 85%, he STILL gets the respect of defenses, and still is quite effective on the floor.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

I'd love to have him, and I'd do that trade in a minute.  Rondo, Sheed and change would work cap-wise, by it's not going to happen.  My guess is Orlando.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from anguskahn. Show anguskahn's posts

It was just a year ago that CP3 was hands down the best PG in the NBA when did all the hate come in?  the guy has 1 injury and all of a sudden he's worse than Rondo and injury prone?  Are you nuts?  He's 25 and has his best years ahead and considering what he's already done thats incredible.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Chalk this up under the could never happen department.....BUT - it's the off-season, so let's play GM:

Suppose we get in this in a 3 way deal.  NO gets: Curry, Perk, Sheed Baby and Walker    NY gets:  CP3    BOS gets:  Okafor and Wilson Chandler

Hey, we can stretch, can't we?  It's fun!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Chris Paul is a great player, but so is Rondo. Rondo is happy to be here, is not injury prone and is on contract for 5 or 6 more seasons.      Some of you posters still like to bash Rondo. Rondo has been one of the best performers in the playoffs the past 2 seasons. The playoffs is what seperates the men from the boys. Rondo has proven he's a man and than some.
    Posted by mem17

I just wish he would have SHOWED UP in the NBA Finals. Missed free throws and outside shots killed us.

When he needed to be a "great player", he didn't show up at the party to BE great.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

The two players are close enough in skill that other factors have to be considered.  Rondo (I believe) makes less and has 5 years left on his deal.  CP3 will be more expensive and basically a rental, due to his contract length and desire to join NY or Miami. 

I'd rather have Rondo who is confident, competitive, and a bit of a throw-back to the days when star players wanted to BEAT each other, not date each other!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

This is a no brainer that will never happen. Othe than Chris Paul getting recently getting injured there is basically nothing that Rondo does better. Better effeciency, more rebounds, more steals, more points , more assists per. To think otherwise is laugable. Deron Williams is the only point guard at CP3's level.
    Posted by tompenny

Thank you.

Great post.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo and Sheed for Chris Paul? : RONDO may not have a jump shot , but  he can pass as good as any guard in the nba.....RONDO is a better defender than either WILLIAMS OR PAUL....i prefer RONDO over CP3 , but i'd swap RONDO for WILLIAMS....that said i wish RONDO  would not play for AMERICA this summer , but rather rest up after all the minutes he played this past season & have him shoot jumpers & foul shots all summer...
    Posted by binbones

If Rondo is a better defender than Deron Williams, why would you "swap" Rondo for him???

Undecided

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

CP3 overrated??? Seriously, I think some of you better check his stats or watch some film footage of his superior passing ability, quickness, shooting, and basketball IQ. When 100% healthy, Rondo couldn't come CLOSE to CP3's skills. Him and Deron Williams are the 2 BEST point guards in the NBA today. Get real.
    Posted by Waynestarr

RONDO may not have a jump shot , but  he can pass as good as any guard in the nba.....RONDO is a better defender than either WILLIAMS OR PAUL....i prefer RONDO over CP3 , but i'd swap RONDO for WILLIAMS....that said i wish RONDO  would not play for AMERICA this summer , but rather rest up after all the minutes he played this past season & have him shoot jumpers & foul shots all summer...