Rondo and Sheed for Chris Paul?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

Re: Rondo and Sheed for Chris Paul?

To the poster that asked what Rondo does better than paul: Defense is the first thing that comes to mind. You need that to win titles. Unless you have the refs in your pocket. He is a better penetrator and floor general. That being said, Paul is a more complete player and better than Rondo overall.

But isn't there bone on bone action going on in one of Paul's knees? Isn't that the major reason NO is looking to dump him? If he was healthy I would make that trade. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Chris Paul is a great player, but so is Rondo. Rondo is happy to be here, is not injury prone and is on contract for 5 or 6 more seasons.
         Some of you posters still like to bash Rondo. Rondo has been one of the best performers in the playoffs the past 2 seasons. The playoffs is what seperates the men from the boys. Rondo has proven he's a man and than some.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo and Sheed for Chris Paul?:
    Chris Paul is a great player, but so is Rondo. Rondo is happy to be here, is not injury prone and is on contract for 5 or 6 more seasons.      Some of you posters still like to bash Rondo. Rondo has been one of the best performers in the playoffs the past 2 seasons. The playoffs is what seperates the men from the boys. Rondo has proven he's a man and than some.
    Posted by mem17

Chew on this CP3 lovers!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxPWPQf13S8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTfL7KFlFUA

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo and Sheed for Chris Paul? : Okay and your point is?? CP3 can run and gun, AND has a better outside shot. I think my video was more impressive. Don't get me wrong, Rondo's a good PG, but he has the WORST shooting mechanics for a point guard I've ever seen. If a GREAT shooter like Mark Price couldn't get him to improve by much, I just don't see him getting any better from here on out.
    Posted by Waynestarr

The ESPN clip puts his shooting ability in perspective. It's scientific.

The larger the hands, the lower the shooting percentages.

If you know anything about basketball, you know this is true.
    So what do you want to do? Surgically reduce his fingers?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

A healthy Chris Paul is better than Rondo.  But we can't know for sure that he is healthy.  Add in his contract situation compared to Rondo's and you have a very iffy deal.

Deron Williams and Rondo were TIED in overall production last year - and Rondo is first team All-NBA on defense, which Williams is not.  You remember defense, right?  It's the other half of basketball - and arguably the more important half.

Say whatever you want about Rondo's deficiencies - but his overall game is demonstrably better than DWill's.

In light of Rondo's health, production, and contract, there is no PG in the league I would trade him for.  Nor would Danny.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Paul would have to agree to a long term deal (like KG) before I'd pull the trigger on any deal for Paul.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenWithPride. Show GreenWithPride's posts

Absolutely not!  Rondo gets better every season, but does Chris Paul?  Sure there are problems with his free throws and some of his jump shots, but Rondo is the future of the Celtics, not Chris Paul.  Bad idea.

I think Sheed for Posey, then Sheed comes back in Feb/Mar in time to get in shape and help with playoffs.  That way, he's likely to be healthy and his head will in the game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jm02130. Show jm02130's posts

The Hornets do not want an expensive pg like Rondo in return for Paul.  The Hornets already have the inexpensive and fairly talented Darren Collison.  They want big expiring contracts, and if they have to take a longer contract, they want a replacement for Peja (if he is included in the deal) or Okafor (if he is included).

The Celtics do not have what NO wants.

The deal also makes little sense for the Celtics long term. Paul will be gone when KG's contract expires in two years, leaving the Celtics with nothing to rebuild around except a 37 year-old Paul Pierce.  Sure, Paul is a better player than Rondo, but CP3 is a 2-year rental.  You really want to give up Rondo for that?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo and Sheed for Chris Paul? : Chew on this CP3 lovers! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxPWPQf13S8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTfL7KFlFUA
    Posted by DaCeltics

Okay and your point is?? CP3 can run and gun, AND has a better outside shot.

I think my video was more impressive.

Don't get me wrong, Rondo's a good PG, but he has the WORST shooting mechanics for a point guard I've ever seen.

If a GREAT shooter like Mark Price couldn't get him to improve by much, I just don't see him getting any better from here on out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Absolutely not!  Rondo gets better every season, but does Chris Paul?  Sure there are problems with his free throws and some of his jump shots, but Rondo is the future of the Celtics, not Chris Paul.  Bad idea. I think Sheed for Posey, then Sheed comes back in Feb/Mar in time to get in shape and help with playoffs.  That way, he's likely to be healthy and his head will in the game.
    Posted by GreenWithPride

No wonder I've been depressed as hell. We're going to build a franchise around a PG who can't shoot.

Wait until he loses a step.

Then what?

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo and Sheed for Chris Paul? : sorry, your wrong there buddy rondo keeps the ball better than anyone else in the league if there is anyone that takes care of the ball better it is a guy that plays for the suns. i would not make that trade this system is made for rondo, paul is the guy on his team we dont need that here...and rondo is triple/double quality not seen much by paul. so forget about it and rondo stays here the only thing paul may do better than rondo at this time is free throws and his jumper for now....
    Posted by ojmega

???

Huh? Never mind.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Besides, the size of your hands is really not a factor. Just look at how Rondo releases the ball, almost like a one-handed shot.

Yao Ming is 7-6, don't you think his hands are bigger than Rondo's??

Yao Ming can shoot the ball like a swingman and is a GREAT free throw shooter. And his shooting mechanics are pretty good also.

So, I'm not buying the "hands are too big" argument.

Nice try though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo and Sheed for Chris Paul? : Thank you. Great post.
    Posted by Waynestarr

u are smoking if you think paul is a better defender, rebounder or driver to the basket. he may have better numbers because he needs to on the team he is on....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo and Sheed for Chris Paul? : Oh, trust me. I KNOW Chris Paul wouldn't come here. I'm just correcting some of the "Psycho Talk" like CP3 is overrated and/or doesn't have toughness. That talk belongs on the Ed Show. But I'm sure CP will be fine for next season. But I disagree that Rondo is better in some aspects. CP3 is a better passer, Rondo does too many careless and risky bounce passes in my opinion. CP3 has a lower turnover ratio than Rondo.
    Posted by Waynestarr

sorry, your wrong there buddy rondo keeps the ball better than anyone else in the league if there is anyone that takes care of the ball better it is a guy that plays for the suns. i would not make that trade this system is made for rondo, paul is the guy on his team we dont need that here...and rondo is triple/double quality not seen much by paul. so forget about it and rondo stays here the only thing paul may do better than rondo at this time is free throws and his jumper for now....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo and Sheed for Chris Paul? : The ESPN clip puts his shooting ability in perspective. It's scientific. The larger the hands, the lower the shooting percentages. If you know anything about basketball, you know this is true. So what do you want to do? Surgically reduce his fingers?
    Posted by DaCeltics

Obviously, YOU don't know much about basketball if you think Chris Paul is overrated.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

Yes, but he has a jump shot.  He'd also perform better in a half-court offense where his shooting ability would open things up for Ray, Pierce, and Garnett.  Right now, as long as teams prevent the Celtics from getting out on the break, Rondo's game is too one-dimensional Nonetheless, it would be a bad trade because Rondo's and 'Sheed's contracts aren't enough.  You'd need to add another $2 million to the deal to make it work and Glen Davis is the only contract that fits the bill. So, Rondo + Davis + Wallace /> Chris Paul
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

stay off the wacky tobacky wont happen 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo and Sheed for Chris Paul? : u are smoking if you think paul is a better defender, rebounder or driver to the basket. he may have better numbers because he needs to on the team he is on....
    Posted by ojmega

Why don't you learn how to form sentences correctly.

For your information, CP3 was a second team all defensive player in 08, and FIRST TEAM in 09, he would have made it this season if he wasn't injured.

Don't sleep on CP's defensive skills.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

Chris Paul doesn't have the toughness?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYgSWGbEKsQ Not too many point guards can DUNK on Dwight Howard! Enough said.
    Posted by Waynestarr

lets remind you that is a dwight howard of 4 years ago so dont even compare the howard of 2006 to the howard of 2010....