Rondo and the 3-point shot

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Re: Rondo and the 3-point shot

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think Rondo will succeed in Stevens' system if he can't make open 3-pointers.

Rondo got away with it when Doc was coach.

I don't think Stevens' system will be successful if the PG passes up open 3-point shots.

It will be like oil and water if Rondo is not a decent 3-point shooter and he's playing in Brad Stevens' system.

[/QUOTE]

We don't know yet. Let him play some before passing judgement on him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,

I think BrSt showed, so far, that he can adapt. So, when RR is back, he will adapt to what RR can and can not do.

AK

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

i don't see this team looking for 3's at all. certainly not the j-craw style, off-balance, 47 footers. no, rondo can't shoot 3's and isn't that good of a shooter at all, but i don't think that will matter. he will penetrate and dish to sully, kelly, and sometimes wallace.

while jeff green looks on passionlessly from beyond the arc. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Rondo when he's got his mind on it can make others around him look good. hopefully there will be an improvement in other players games.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

In response to sinus007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hi,

I think BrSt showed, so far, that he can adapt. So, when RR is back, he will adapt to what RR can and can not do.

AK

[/QUOTE]

yep

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

If they back off of Rondo, it make him a very good passer.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

In response to chetgnat's comment:

[QUOTE]

i don't see this team looking for 3's at all. certainly not the j-craw style, off-balance, 47 footers. no, rondo can't shoot 3's and isn't that good of a shooter at all, but i don't think that will matter. he will penetrate and dish to sully, kelly, and sometimes wallace.

while jeff green looks on passionlessly from beyond the arc. 

How can Rondo penetrate if his man is staying at the FT line daring him to shoot the open 3?

The reason why Rondo was able to penetrate at will in the past was because of KG, Pierce, and Ray.

Every NBA team knows Rondo's weakness.

The only solution to that is if Rondo makes them pay when they leave him open at the 3-point line.

[/QUOTE]

I AGREE !!!

RE: "The reason why Rondo was able to penetrate at will in the past was because of KG, Pierce, and Ray." 

I am as anxious as any Celtic fan to see Rondo return to the same performance level he had prior to his injury but, alas, I don’t see our team improving a great deal. A Point Guard is like a Quarterback who directs the offense with assists instigating fast breaks and initiating sets. Also he creates scoring opportunities for himself from the outside and also attacks the basket. However, he is not a prolific scorer from the outside like Paul, West, Rose(when healthy) but can drive to the basket as well as any of them. But a couple of years ago he’d set up the 3 pt shooting Ray Allen & Paul Pierce and then PP last year. Also, he’d pass to Garnett anywhere 10-15 ft out and in the post.

Ok, I like Sully but he’s not a Center. I like Humphries too and Oly is unproven so these 3 are his post targets.  Green & Bass ,Wallace too but I don’t like him, are his forwards and they are inconsistent and I don’t even think they'd be good 6th men on teams with more stars.

Rondo would be more effective on another team with a good Center and above average Forwards but I’d still keep him & hope we can unload some of our trash & pick up 1-2 quality players keeping  A. Bradley, Sully, Hump and Oly to see if he develops as we did with Fav Melo who did not. Then all the other players would be ones from our draft picks & in 2-3 years we could contend. And college minded Stevens should work well with a bunch of young guys.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo's career avg for the 3 is 24% and he did shoot it for 31% in 2008-09' ... his numbers are also better during playoffs where his career avg is 27.7% and his best season was 2009-10' when he stroked it at a 37.5% clip so it's not out of the question that he's capable of achieving 33% if expected to shoot it on a regular basis and preparing himself to do so. It's too early to presume anything based on historical data when his previous coach emphasized him getting easy looks for the vets. We need to see how/if he reinvents himself under the new coach and his style.

[/QUOTE]

true. just give rondo a chance. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

What is the purpose of this thread?  Rondo to Bass, Sullyand AB will be his bread and butter.  All the other players will benefit to RR being on floor for easier looks. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Mployee.... do the board a favor and please stop feeding the trolls.

Pud

Sections
Shortcuts