Rondo Animosity

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: Rondo Animosity

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

In response to R9R's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

R9R, why do you insist it is hate and animosity? Look at the mere FACTS, not my opinion, but just the FACTS......

1. What about the fact that until the start of this season, RR had 3-HOF players on the court with him every year he's been in the NBA? Most decent PG's would be pretty good with Ray, Paul, and KG on their team to bail them out when they dribbled the clock away, or left their feet to make a crazy pass, no?

2. What about his two suspensions caused by his continued immaturity by having to put his hands on an official twice, and it happened THIS SEASON before he got hurt? Doesn't that give you cause for concern that the proposed LEADER of your team has the psyche of a METTA WORLD PEACE?

3. On top of it all, the TEAM was losing and 20-23 (.465) with RR, and even with more of our guys who went down AFTER he did, we went 21-17 (.553) the rest of the seaon. Even if you add in the 2-4 play-off series loss to the Knicks, we still went 23-21 (.528) after RR went down, and with more injuries AFTER HIS! All I can say is that RR was not making us a winning team when he went down, he was showing a very selfish attitude in his style, and he wasn't proving to be the leader the team was hoping for. Since the day he went down, the C's became a winning TEAM as noted here. None of this is my opinion, non of this is hate, it is all FACT BASED ON PURE REALITY.

NOTHING that happened this entire season has proven that RR should stay with the C's if they can move him. He doesn't have 3-HOFers to support him anymore. Losing Ray, and many seem to think RR was the reason he left, was his first exposure. Thanks....

'Fact' 1: Rondo plays with HOF'ers, therefore any team success should not be attributed to him.

Rebuttal: Rondo has continually gotten better and contributed more to this team since '08 where arguably was the 5th best player on that team. This season, his stats speak for themself. If this was a fact, we would have seen a drop-off in Rondo's production and efficiency every year that the Ray, KG, and Paul have aged and declined. Except, he has gotten better.

'Fact' 2: Rondo has been suspended and has a 'history' of 'trouble' with officials.

Rubuttal: So what? How dare you compare Rondo with MWP. You tell me how many injuries Rondo has caused purposely because he was frustrated that his talent alone could not secure wins? Rondo's infractions were barely warranted, and it has little effect on the game. Has Rondo ever gotten into such situations during the playoffs? When the game really matters? No. 

Does last years playoffs count when we were down 1 game to none and RR got tossed and PP had to carry the team to a road win with a monster game to even the series.  We very easily could have gotten eliminated in that series if we lost that second game on the road. 

Still waiting

Yeah, me too. I guess R9R doesn't remember as far back as the first round of last year's play-offs??? Well, R9R, waiting for your rebuttal?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Rondo is a good PG.

I wouldn't be upset if he was still in green next year.

I also wouldn't be upset if he got traded.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Wait.  You want people to stop criticizing Rondo, but YOU start yet another thread, inviting people to criticize Rondo... ok.

We all have our opinions and rehashing yours isn't gonna change the fact that Rondo:

Is a horrid foul shooter = liabilty

Has a terrible jump shot = liability

Forgot how to play D = liability

Is inconsistent = liability

Shows poor decision making = liability

Often freezes offensive flow and player movement = liability

Is dour, unlikeable, petulent, arrogant and over-rated = reality

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

In response to Karllost's comment:

You're post a perfect example for my push to qualify posters prior.... First, learn to spell and use words properly. many people, including myself, type fast, make gramatical errors, etc.. however, your garbage is sometimes incomprehensible or not worth the time to dumb down to your level to understand what youre trying to say.

How about mandatory use of spell checker?

That might take some of the guesswork out of deciphering this "Rondo-is-Gawd" awful muddle.

Our friend R9R spells like Rondo shoots FTs.

He's happy just to draw iron trying to spell 2 and 3 syllable words.

Pud

Ok .... there isn't a spell checker incorporated into this tool.

Ya know, an example or two when you criticize someone sometimes brings credibility to your argument.

Or is it you're argument. Maybe Karly can help me with that...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

R9R, why do you insist it is hate and animosity? Look at the mere FACTS, not my opinion, but just the FACTS......

1. What about the fact that until the start of this season, RR had 3-HOF players on the court with him every year he's been in the NBA? Most decent PG's would be pretty good with Ray, Paul, and KG on their team to bail them out when they dribbled the clock away, or left their feet to make a crazy pass, no?

2. What about his two suspensions caused by his continued immaturity by having to put his hands on an official twice, and it happened THIS SEASON before he got hurt? Doesn't that give you cause for concern that the proposed LEADER of your team has the psyche of a METTA WORLD PEACE?

3. On top of it all, the TEAM was losing and 20-23 (.465) with RR, and even with more of our guys who went down AFTER he did, we went 21-17 (.553) the rest of the seaon. Even if you add in the 2-4 play-off series loss to the Knicks, we still went 23-21 (.528) after RR went down, and with more injuries AFTER HIS! All I can say is that RR was not making us a winning team when he went down, he was showing a very selfish attitude in his style, and he wasn't proving to be the leader the team was hoping for. Since the day he went down, the C's became a winning TEAM as noted here. None of this is my opinion, non of this is hate, it is all FACT BASED ON PURE REALITY.

NOTHING that happened this entire season has proven that RR should stay with the C's if they can move him. He doesn't have 3-HOFers to support him anymore. Losing Ray, and many seem to think RR was the reason he left, was his first exposure. Thanks....

'Fact' 1: Rondo plays with HOF'ers, therefore any team success should not be attributed to him.

Rebuttal: Rondo has continually gotten better and contributed more to this team since '08 where arguably was the 5th best player on that team. This season, his stats speak for themself. If this was a fact, we would have seen a drop-off in Rondo's production and efficiency every year that the Ray, KG, and Paul have aged and declined. Except, he has gotten better.

'Fact' 2: Rondo has been suspended and has a 'history' of 'trouble' with officials.

Rubuttal: So what? How dare you compare Rondo with MWP. You tell me how many injuries Rondo has caused purposely because he was frustrated that his talent alone could not secure wins? Rondo's infractions were barely warranted, and it has little effect on the game. Has Rondo ever gotten into such situations during the playoffs? When the game really matters? No. 

Does last years playoffs count when we were down 1 game to none and RR got tossed and PP had to carry the team to a road win with a monster game to even the series.  We very easily could have gotten eliminated in that series if we lost that second game on the road. 

Still waiting

Yeah, me too. I guess R9R doesn't remember as far back as the first round of last year's play-offs??? Well, R9R, waiting for your rebuttal?

Sorry ... can't spend my ENTIRE day battling nit-wits!! But yeah you caught me. Perhaps I forgot about that one. I usually check facts on my posts, but I short-cutted this reply. SUE ME SNITCHES

Plus, my point with that is that has a relatively small effect on our teams success. I'm not going to go back and comb through the particulars of that game, but I dont think that one toss out had a material effect. Could be wrong. My existence on here isn't to troll or pretend to be a voice of authority. I just want to provoke interesting conversation so that I don't have to shoot myself in the face every time I scroll through the list of topics on any given day on the 'front burner'

Did I misspell anything Karly?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Wait.  You want people to stop criticizing Rondo, but YOU start yet another thread, inviting people to criticize Rondo... ok.

We all have our opinions and rehashing yours isn't gonna change the fact that Rondo:

My frustration stems from posters like you. All the above is false. You must be trolling. Sorry if I come off as brazen, but you (directed at anyone) sound like an idiot when you look at this past season and his career and still criticize Rondo. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

My frustration stems from posters like you. All the above is false. You must be trolling. Sorry if I come off as brazen, but you (directed at anyone) sound like an idiot when you look at this past season and his career and still criticize Rondo. 

R9, you're blind to the truth, deny facts when presented, and flat out lie. Dunk simply stated his opinion above, which happen to display mostly facts about Rondo, and you say to him, "All the above is false."? Why do you deny facts by lying? Oh yeah, you said, 'because you don't have time to check the facts'. I see, blatant lies and BS driven by your mancrucsh on #9 give you permission to lie. What, a crime of passion. Damn.... Just because you don't like a fact about your boy doesn't make it untrue. No response neede.....it'll be just another lie alced with BS.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

You say - "All of the above is false"  

Since I don't have the time or patience for you, and since its almost time for your mommy to tuck you in bed, I'll just take my first bullet:

I said:  Rondo is a horrid foul shooter:  WHY?

He was DEAD LAST of all starting PGs this year in free throw percentage. He shot a measly and embarrassing 64.5% - about 10% worse than the second to last place !!!

In 2011-2012 he shot 69.6% from the line, again, dead last among starting PGs and worse than just about every guard in the entire league...but at least he beat out Royal Ivy from OKC who was 1 for 2, or 50%.

So this clearly proves that you are not only WRONG, but you lack basic credibility and knowledge.  

Good night sonny boy. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

there is no rondo animosity- just rondo fatigue for his mercurial under-achieving ways.  one grows tired year in and year out of watching an MVP candidate subjugate himself through the lack of basic desire to shore up the fundamental holes in his game. 

as fans, we have the right to desire to have BASIC COMPETENCY at every position- and rondo is not that.  he can't shoot free throws.  he's super fast yet won't draw fouls since he can't shoot free throws.  he doesn't WANT to shoot the jumper- albeit he is perfectly capable of doing so when he decides he's interested in doing it- like in the 2010 all star game vs. kevin durant in the "horse" contest- that rapidly de-volved into a long range gunning contest and TNT was sweating because rondo would NOT MISS from deep- even two steps beyond the arc- and TNT was running out of time.

so i say let rondo find a coach who WILL COACH him instead of wet noodle idiot doc rivers.

NEVER in the celtics tradition has it been "good enough" to only try your hardest during the playoffs- so i ask: WHY is it okay for rondo to do that?  it's not like the "magic" lasts more than a few hot games and then he goes cold from any shooting range and crawls back inside himself.  he also has not played "great" defense consistently in the playoffs either.  sometimes very good, sometimes excellent, and other times lousy.

we deserve better.  and rondo, for his own good, needs to be somewhere where the coaches and management will challenge him to rise to a new level, not sink to new lows in the prime of his career. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

Rondo would have carried the Celtics right out of the playoffs if he hadn't been injured.  He's a ball hoggin, one-dimensional-pound-the-clock-away player that can't throw the ball into the ocean.  Oh and his ego is way out of control and he plays for numbers before his team.  He's also a terrible teammate, stubborn, hard to coach and scared away the Greatest 3point shooter EvER.

He owes his allstar career to the Big 3.

Oh yeah, almost forgot: Rondo likes to sit in the parking lot before games instead of working on his game. 

That's all I can think of for now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to darkman20's comment:

Rondo would have carried the Celtics right out of the playoffs if he hadn't been injured.  He's a ball hoggin, one-dimensional-pound-the-clock-away player that can't throw the ball into the ocean.  Oh and his ego is way out of control and he plays for numbers before his team.  He's also a terrible teammate, stubborn, hard to coach and scared away the Greatest 3point shooter EvER.

Oh yeah, almost forgot: Rondo likes to sit in the parking lot before games instead of working on his game. 

ahh yes, the elephant in the building that everyone has tried to ignore.  the 10 WORST assists in the league nightly have been rondo's the last few years.  tempo killing  / self serving / doc-rivers-enabled hogwash

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

In response to darkman20's comment:

ahh yes, the elephant in the building that everyone has tried to ignore.  the 10 WORST assists in the league nightly have been rondo's the last few years.  tempo killing  / self serving / doc-rivers-enabled hogwash

AMEN!!! Only those who lie to themselves and about the facts LIKE R9R see it differently. I love his talent, but his TUDE and selfish style prove to me, and hopefully DA too, that he's gotta go if at all possible.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

AMEN!!! Only those who lie to themselves and about the facts LIKE R9R see it differently. I love his talent, but his TUDE and selfish style prove to me, and hopefully DA too, that he's gotta go if at all possible.

[/QUOTE]

Hahahah you are so laughable its ... funny? 

Listen, I'll spell it out for you:

Are you able to quantify (put into numbers - ya know those symbols on a calculator) the statement "his ego is out of control" and "his tude and selfish style" ???

If not, then it is a subjective statement. Subjective means 'based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions'. 

Therefore, you cannot say that my refusal to prescribe to your statement qualifies as "lying to myself about facts"

Therefore, you are wrong. School is over, time to go home.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Keep Rondo; keep CPP if he extends for 2014-15 at the vet min; also restructure KG so this year he gets paid but 2014-15 is vet min (if CBA allows that)...so for 2013-14 season keep the band; transition CPP to sixth man maybe KG as well (25 minutes each/game); see if Shav is real back up center; package anyone not named Rondo/CPP/KG/Sully/Green/Bradely for a pure shooting guard and someone who can really board. Then in 2014-15, with plenty of cap space, add max free agent to the mix and shoot for title in KG/CPP's last year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Hahahah you are so laughable its ... funny? 

Listen, I'll spell it out for you:

Are you able to quantify (put into numbers - ya know those symbols on a calculator) the statement "his ego is out of control" and "his tude and selfish style" ???

If not, then it is a subjective statement. Subjective means 'based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions'. 

Therefore, you cannot say that my refusal to prescribe to your statement qualifies as "lying to myself about facts"

Therefore, you are wrong. School is over, time to go home.

[/QUOTE]
    You are too stupid to understand what your own eyes see, even when YOU yourself put it in writing. You've been caught lying and called out for it several times by multiple bloggers duirng this thread alone. Go cry to mommy now.........maybe she can help you understand that you should know the facts to back up your statements BEFORE you put them in writing. You've been caught lying right here. You can't hide from it R9R. You are now known throughout the BDC blogosphere as a straight up liar! Rajon would be so disappointed in you!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Well, good news for the rondo complainers. You will likely get to complain for a long time. As he is going nowhere. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Either way, I win.  If Rondo leaves, I will be over-joyed and it will be more fun to watch the Celtics play.  If Rondo stays, I'll have fun ripping him a new one for his pathetic shooting, hail marys at the buzzer and a host of his other weaknesses, while his supporters try to forget about their blind misplaced loyalty, like those who voted for Bush.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

If his shooting keeps improving, teams may actually have to guard him!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Either way, I win.  If Rondo leaves, I will be over-joyed and it will be more fun to watch the Celtics play.  If Rondo stays, I'll have fun ripping him a new one for his pathetic shooting, hail marys at the buzzer and a host of his other weaknesses, while his supporters try to forget about their blind misplaced loyalty, like those who voted for Bush.

just make sure you have equal criticism for every other player on the roster!!!!!!!! If the Bucks wasn't so horrid, they would have passed the Celtics for the 7th spot.  Jpurney men from China and scrubs like Crawford and Lee or Tweeners like Bradley can't run an offense.

But, please explain or break down a game you have on the DVR and tell me how many times Rondo "pounded the ball" until there were 5-6 seconds left and can you count in that game or any game on your DVR how many open lay ups he passed up that were uncontested?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Rondo is a polarizing athlete.  He has his fans and detractors.  He is also recovering from an ACL, which makes all the trade talks, e.g., for Rose, quite silly.  Both need to show on the court that they have recovered and can perform at least at the level before the injuries before any trade speculation.  I am inclined to wait for the first half of next season.  If Rondo does not perform well and the team is mediocre, trade him.  Otherwise, think of options for surrounding him with talent that makes the C's a contender.

Sounds simple but execution, as always, not so.  Either way, Danny has a tough problem to solve!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

No you already lost. You get to complain an whine while he contines to make all star teams all defensive teams while putting up triple doubles at a higher rate than any active player. Not what anyone else would call winning, but if it makes you happy. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

No you already lost. You get to complain an whine while he contines to make all star teams all defensive teams while putting up triple doubles at a higher rate than any active player. Not what anyone else would call winning, but if it makes you happy. 

is that why Coach K kicked him off the Olympic team??

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

In response to jtkl's comment:

is that why Coach K kicked him off the Olympic team??

You're asking if coach K kicked him off the olympic team for making multiple all star games and making multiple all defensive teams while racking up triple doubles at at an incredible rate? 

Uhm no it's not. he went with other players because Outside shooting is more important in the interantional game and Rondo's jumpshot wasn't as good then.

of course last year he had the highest shooting midrange game among point guards in the whole NBA and so easily would have made the team. But thati s another discusion. 

Sections
Shortcuts