Rondo Animosity

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Rondo Animosity

STOP IT!

Rondo, not Paul, threw us on his back and took us to that game7 ECF last year in a series that was stolen from us by bad officiating and bad luck.

Since then, Rondo had a good 1/2 of the season where his:

1. FGA increased and his FG% increased

2. RPG increased by .8

3. Did not decline in anything else. Continued 11+ APG leading the league.

All this on a team that had a ton of new pieces, a recovering J.Green, an absent Avery Bradley.

And then he tore his ACL.

Tell me what warrants all the Rondo hate? The team, losing for the first time ever in this new era in the first round of the playoffs, is indisputably worse without him. The players, the coaching and the management love him. He is on a great contract, he is beginning his prime, he is a champion, he receives praise throughout the league from guys like Kobe Bryant wanting to play with him. Rondo is tough (playing through the elbow injury - and ACL btw). Rondo excels at the most important moments, stepping his game up considerably in the playoffs. Rondo makes everyone around him better. Opposing players fear Rondo.

But still, we hear things like "rondo clearly needs a change of scenery" and calls for Rondo to  be traded. This opinion has no baring on reality, has no foundation of evidence. This is an ignorant opinion. Not all opinions CAN BE right. The opion that Rondo makes our team worse, hurts our team, or isn't a star PG is false.

Go ahead, trolls, prove me wrong.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Rondo Animosity

No, you are correct on every count.  There are stats to support your claims.  Just wondering why he can't do it all the time...................

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

we hear things like "rondo clearly needs a change of scenery"

+1

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

love rondo, but sometimes, like many of us, he makes me want to pull my hair out when he does something boneheaded like passing up a wide open layup to try and make the assist. if his maturity and outside shot got a little better, there would be no better PG in the league. but he does have deficiencies that drive some people crazy. that said, there are not many PGs that are better than him.

i think people also see him as our most valuable trade chip, which is probably true. some also wonder if you really NEED a great PG to win it all. the lakers, celtics and heat have all won titles lately without an all-star caliber PG. heck, look at what the bulls were doing without stars at the point or center. although i guess you don't need those when you have michael jordan.

no, i'd love to see rondo stay in green for most of his career. i just wish he'd improve his shot and his leadership skills. maybe, however, it's hard to become a leader when PP and KG are already assuming that role. it's the montana/young thing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

+1

Pud

HA HA HA HA HA HA 

Run, you know I started this thread EXACTLY because of that comment you made earlier this morning in the Rose-for-Rondo thread. You also know that claim is baseless. Rondo does not need a "change of scenery"

thanks for keeping it interesting tho...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

love rondo, but sometimes, like many of us, he makes me want to pull my hair out when he does something boneheaded like passing up a wide open layup to try and make the assist. if his maturity and outside shot got a little better, there would be no better PG in the league. but he does have deficiencies that drive some people crazy. that said, there are not many PGs that are better than him.

i think people also see him as our most valuable trade chip, which is probably true. some also wonder if you really NEED a great PG to win it all. the lakers, celtics and heat have all won titles lately without an all-star caliber PG. heck, look at what the bulls were doing without stars at the point or center. although i guess you don't need those when you have michael jordan.

no, i'd love to see rondo stay in green for most of his career. i just wish he'd improve his shot and his leadership skills. maybe, however, it's hard to become a leader when PP and KG are already assuming that role. it's the montana/young thing.

1. He is improving his shot. Isn't that evident by the increased FGA and FG%? Wasn't he leading the league in FG% for a while early in the season?

1.a. I certainly conceed the point about pass-first and the assist streak. My personal opinion is that the streak was good for Rondo, good for the team, and good for the league. I think there were minimal instances where he gave up an "open shot" for a pass. He usually makes the right decision, and I trust him to pass up low-confidence shots instead of forcing it. I also think that in the playoffs, the ONLY stat that Rondo is concerned with is win %.

2. You answered your own point. They're trying to MAKE him THE leader, and he isn't completey there yet, and he can't be with Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce on the team. That isn't Rondo's fault. Blame KG and PP for having natural leadership abilities that cannot be 'turned off'

3. "Most valued trade chip" - you never trade these guys because you'll never get equal in return. Trading Rondo would be as STUPID as trading Harden, even if you think you're getting good pieces in return. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

STOP IT!

Rondo, not Paul, threw us on his back and took us to that game7 ECF last year in a series that was stolen from us by bad officiating and bad luck.

Since then, Rondo had a good 1/2 of the season where his:

1. FGA increased and his FG% increased

2. RPG increased by .8

3. Did not decline in anything else. Continued 11+ APG leading the league.

All this on a team that had a ton of new pieces, a recovering J.Green, an absent Avery Bradley.

And then he tore his ACL.

Tell me what warrants all the Rondo hate? The team, losing for the first time ever in this new era in the first round of the playoffs, is indisputably worse without him. The players, the coaching and the management love him. He is on a great contract, he is beginning his prime, he is a champion, he receives praise throughout the league from guys like Kobe Bryant wanting to play with him. Rondo is tough (playing through the elbow injury - and ACL btw). Rondo excels at the most important moments, stepping his game up considerably in the playoffs. Rondo makes everyone around him better. Opposing players fear Rondo.

But still, we hear things like "rondo clearly needs a change of scenery" and calls for Rondo to  be traded. This opinion has no baring on reality, has no foundation of evidence. This is an ignorant opinion. Not all opinions CAN BE right. The opion that Rondo makes our team worse, hurts our team, or isn't a star PG is false.

Go ahead, trolls, prove me wrong.

R9R, why do you insist it is hate and animosity? Look at the mere FACTS, not my opinion, but just the FACTS......What about the fact that until the start of this season, RR had 3-HOF players on the court with him every year he's been in the NBA? Most decent PG's would be pretty good with Ray, Paul, and KG on their team to bail them out when they dribbled the clock away, or left their feet to make a crazy pass, no? What about his two suspensions caused by his continued immaturity by having to put his hands on an official twice, and it happened THIS SEASON before he got hurt? Doesn't that give you cause for concern that the proposed LEADER of your team has the psyche of a METTA WORLD PEACE? On top of it all, the TEAM was losing and 20-23 (.465) with RR, and even with more of our guys who went down AFTER he did, we went 21-17 (.553) the rest of the seaon. Even if you add in the 2-4 play-off series loss to the Knicks, we still went 23-21 (.528) after RR went down, and with more injuries AFTER HIS! All I can say is that RR was not making us a winning team when he went down, he was showing a very selfish attitude in his style, and he wasn't proving to be the leader the team was hoping for. Since the day he went down, the C's became a winning TEAM as noted here. None of this is my opinion, non of this is hate, it is all FACT BASED ON PURE REALITY. NOTHING that happened this entire season has proven that RR should stay with the C's if they can move him. He doesn't have 3-HOFers to support him anymore. Losing Ray, and many seem to think RR was the reason he left, was his first exposure. Thanks....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

+1

Pud

HA HA HA HA HA HA 

Run, you know I started this thread EXACTLY because of that comment you made earlier this morning in the Rose-for-Rondo thread. You also know that claim is baseless. Rondo does not need a "change of scenery"

Of course its baseless. I did it just to bait you into a silly-azz thread.

And like clockwork... you delivered.

Pud

PS: You'll love it in Chicago.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

R9R, why do you insist it is hate and animosity? Look at the mere FACTS, not my opinion, but just the FACTS......What about the fact that until the start of this season, RR had 3-HOF players on the court with him every year he's been in the NBA? Most decent PG's would be pretty good with Ray, Paul, and KG on their team to bail them out when they dribbled the clock away, or left their feet to make a crazy pass, no? What about his two suspensions caused by his continued immaturity by having to put his hands on an official twice, and it happened THIS SEASON before he got hurt? Doesn't that give you cause for concern that the proposed LEADER of your team has the psyche of a METTA WORLD PEACE? On top of it all, the TEAM was losing and 20-23 (.465) with RR, and even with more of our guys who went down AFTER he did, we went 21-17 (.553) the rest of the seaon. Even if you add in the 2-4 play-off series loss to the Knicks, we still went 23-21 (.528) after RR went down, and with more injuries AFTER HIS! All I can say is that RR was not making us a winning team when he went down, he was showing a very selfish attitude in his style, and he wasn't proving to be the leader the team was hoping for. Since the day he went down, the C's became a winning TEAM as noted here. None of this is my opinion, non of this is hate, it is all FACT BASED ON PURE REALITY. NOTHING that happened this entire season has proven that RR should stay with the C's if they can move him. He doesn't have 3-HOFers to support him anymore. Losing Ray, and many seem to think RR was the reason he left, was his first exposure. Thanks....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Another dumb thread to elicit the same negative responses R9R is complaining about and wish would stop...

Im going to insist, when I send my email to  the BDC suggestion box, that this forum institute a minimum IQ standard or at least evidence of GED or higher education prior to allowing people to post

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

R9R, why do you insist it is hate and animosity? Look at the mere FACTS, not my opinion, but just the FACTS......

1. What about the fact that until the start of this season, RR had 3-HOF players on the court with him every year he's been in the NBA? Most decent PG's would be pretty good with Ray, Paul, and KG on their team to bail them out when they dribbled the clock away, or left their feet to make a crazy pass, no?

2. What about his two suspensions caused by his continued immaturity by having to put his hands on an official twice, and it happened THIS SEASON before he got hurt? Doesn't that give you cause for concern that the proposed LEADER of your team has the psyche of a METTA WORLD PEACE?

3. On top of it all, the TEAM was losing and 20-23 (.465) with RR, and even with more of our guys who went down AFTER he did, we went 21-17 (.553) the rest of the seaon. Even if you add in the 2-4 play-off series loss to the Knicks, we still went 23-21 (.528) after RR went down, and with more injuries AFTER HIS! All I can say is that RR was not making us a winning team when he went down, he was showing a very selfish attitude in his style, and he wasn't proving to be the leader the team was hoping for. Since the day he went down, the C's became a winning TEAM as noted here. None of this is my opinion, non of this is hate, it is all FACT BASED ON PURE REALITY.

NOTHING that happened this entire season has proven that RR should stay with the C's if they can move him. He doesn't have 3-HOFers to support him anymore. Losing Ray, and many seem to think RR was the reason he left, was his first exposure. Thanks....

'Fact' 1: Rondo plays with HOF'ers, therefore any team success should not be attributed to him.

Rebuttal: Rondo has continually gotten better and contributed more to this team since '08 where arguably was the 5th best player on that team. This season, his stats speak for themself. If this was a fact, we would have seen a drop-off in Rondo's production and efficiency every year that the Ray, KG, and Paul have aged and declined. Except, he has gotten better.

'Fact' 2: Rondo has been suspended and has a 'history' of 'trouble' with officials.

Rubuttal: So what? How dare you compare Rondo with MWP. You tell me how many injuries Rondo has caused purposely because he was frustrated that his talent alone could not secure wins? Rondo's infractions were barely warranted, and it has little effect on the game. Has Rondo ever gotten into such situations during the playoffs? When the game really matters? No. 

'Fact' 3: The early season team record was worse with Rondo on our team than when he want down, including the playoffs.

Rebuttal: I'll concede this as fact, however what does this 'fact' really mean? Do other factors not come in to play? Jeff Greens production increased significantly after Rondo's injury. Do you attribute that to Rondo's absence, or was Jeff Green recovering from a season-ending injury and it took half a season to get back to full health? The 'better record' was really attributed to a string of wins right when AB returned to the line-up. A lot of those wins are also attributed to a lag in scouting reports. Our team's identity changed overnight without Rondo, and that takes time for other teams to adjust. Finally, those playoff losses count WAY more than regular season games. Rondo is at his best during that stetch because the playoffs are played one posession at a time, everything is slowed down, and ultimately the best half court offense wins.

On top of all that, we ultimately won TWO MORE GAMES without Rondo. This is from a team that for the last few years has gotten off to a slow start and excelled post-allstar break.

The record fact would have been justified if we could have pulled off the NYK series. Without a winning playoff record without Rondo, this point becomes mute.

The rest of what you said, is, in fact, opinion. Saying that he is playing selfishly, is an opinion. You are under the assumption that 10+ assists per game is a selfish thing. That being the best ball handler (by far) on the team and handling the ball for most of an offensive possession is selfish.

Those are opinions, and so you go ahead and live in your fabricated world where currently the best player on our team is actually the worst. Go ahead.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Another dumb thread to elicit the same negative responses R9R is complaining about and wish would stop...

Im going to insist, when I send my email to  the BDC suggestion box, that this forum institute a minimum IQ standard or at least evidence of GED or higher education prior to allowing people to post

hahaha ohh the irony. Karly-boy you are one of the worst posters on here. I am not complaining or elicitic more ignorant stupidity. Its worrysome that so many 'Celtics' fans are caught up in this self deprecating fantasy that the best player on our current roster and one of the best players in the league is actually hurting our team.

Its asinine. Hows that for IQ, turdbucket.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

hahaha ohh the irony. Karly-boy you are one of the worst posters on here. I am not complaining or elicitic more ignorant stupidity. Its worrysome that so many 'Celtics' fans are caught up in this self deprecating fantasy that the best player on our current roster and one of the best players in the league is actually hurting our team.

You're post a perfect example for my push to qualify posters prior.... First, learn to spell and use words properly. many people, including myself, type fast, make gramatical errors, etc.. however, your garbage is sometimes incomprehensible or not worth the time to dumb down to your level to understand what youre trying to say.

Just some friendly advice

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

R9R, why do you insist it is hate and animosity? Look at the mere FACTS, not my opinion, but just the FACTS......

1. What about the fact that until the start of this season, RR had 3-HOF players on the court with him every year he's been in the NBA? Most decent PG's would be pretty good with Ray, Paul, and KG on their team to bail them out when they dribbled the clock away, or left their feet to make a crazy pass, no?

2. What about his two suspensions caused by his continued immaturity by having to put his hands on an official twice, and it happened THIS SEASON before he got hurt? Doesn't that give you cause for concern that the proposed LEADER of your team has the psyche of a METTA WORLD PEACE?

3. On top of it all, the TEAM was losing and 20-23 (.465) with RR, and even with more of our guys who went down AFTER he did, we went 21-17 (.553) the rest of the seaon. Even if you add in the 2-4 play-off series loss to the Knicks, we still went 23-21 (.528) after RR went down, and with more injuries AFTER HIS! All I can say is that RR was not making us a winning team when he went down, he was showing a very selfish attitude in his style, and he wasn't proving to be the leader the team was hoping for. Since the day he went down, the C's became a winning TEAM as noted here. None of this is my opinion, non of this is hate, it is all FACT BASED ON PURE REALITY.

NOTHING that happened this entire season has proven that RR should stay with the C's if they can move him. He doesn't have 3-HOFers to support him anymore. Losing Ray, and many seem to think RR was the reason he left, was his first exposure. Thanks....

'Fact' 1: Rondo plays with HOF'ers, therefore any team success should not be attributed to him.

Rebuttal: Rondo has continually gotten better and contributed more to this team since '08 where arguably was the 5th best player on that team. This season, his stats speak for themself. If this was a fact, we would have seen a drop-off in Rondo's production and efficiency every year that the Ray, KG, and Paul have aged and declined. Except, he has gotten better.

'Fact' 2: Rondo has been suspended and has a 'history' of 'trouble' with officials.

Rubuttal: So what? How dare you compare Rondo with MWP. You tell me how many injuries Rondo has caused purposely because he was frustrated that his talent alone could not secure wins? Rondo's infractions were barely warranted, and it has little effect on the game. Has Rondo ever gotten into such situations during the playoffs? When the game really matters? No. 

Does last years playoffs count when we were down 1 game to none and RR got tossed and PP had to carry the team to a road win with a monster game to even the series.  We very easily could have gotten eliminated in that series if we lost that second game on the road. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

'Fact' 3: The early season team record was worse with Rondo on our team than when he want down, including the playoffs.

Rebuttal: I'll concede this as fact, however what does this 'fact' really mean? Do other factors not come in to play? Jeff Greens production increased significantly after Rondo's injury. Do you attribute that to Rondo's absence, or was Jeff Green recovering from a season-ending injury and it took half a season to get back to full health? The 'better record' was really attributed to a string of wins right when AB returned to the line-up. A lot of those wins are also attributed to a lag in scouting reports. Our team's identity changed overnight without Rondo, and that takes time for other teams to adjust. Finally, those playoff losses count WAY more than regular season games. Rondo is at his best during that stetch because the playoffs are played one posession at a time, everything is slowed down, and ultimately the best half court offense wins.

On top of all that, we ultimately won TWO MORE GAMES without Rondo. This is from a team that for the last few years has gotten off to a slow start and excelled post-allstar break.

The record fact would have been justified if we could have pulled off the NYK series. Without a winning playoff record without Rondo, this point becomes mute.

The rest of what you said, is, in fact, opinion. Saying that he is playing selfishly, is an opinion. You are under the assumption that 10+ assists per game is a selfish thing. That being the best ball handler (by far) on the team and handling the ball for most of an offensive possession is selfish.

Those are opinions, and so you go ahead and live in your fabricated world where currently the best player on our team is actually the worst. Go ahead.

Ha! Look, Dude, EVERYTHING you said is merely your opinion. Just about all of what I said was fact backed by results from the preceeding circumstances. You get that? His chase for the assist record was an embarrasment to watch and fractured TEAM chemistry. Did you really ask, "How dare you?"  I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you personally. I didn't realize how much you love this man. I am a real Celtic fan, while you are dillusional, and clearly have a huge man-crush on RR. I wish you both happiness wherever you both end up next season. Hugs and kisses!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

It is not about hate towards Rondo, it is more about the fact that he is an enigma who I think frustrates the fans and players. He has had plenty of time to mature(can't control his temper), work on his game(shooting, free throws: may have slightly improved, but not good enough if teams still leave him wide open), his attitude(checks out of many games), his desire to break assists records(passing up easy layups), and that fact that he dribbles, and dribbles and dribbles until the shot clock is almost gone.  He has had Allen, PP and KG and Doc to guide him over the past 5-6yrs. But it has not seemed to help him. Don't get me wrong, he has tremendous talent, but he is very inconsistent and lacks maturity. So, if the right deal were to come along, you have to consider it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to antiqueman1's comment:

It is not about hate towards Rondo, it is more about the fact that he is an enigma who I think frustrates the fans and players. He has had plenty of time to mature(can't control his temper), work on his game(shooting, free throws: may have slightly improved, but not good enough if teams still leave him wide open), his attitude(checks out of many games), his desire to break assists records(passing up easy layups), and that fact that he dribbles, and dribbles and dribbles until the shot clock is almost gone.  He has had Allen, PP and KG and Doc to guide him over the past 5-6yrs. But it has not seemed to help him. Don't get me wrong, he has tremendous talent, but he is very inconsistent and lacks maturity. So, if the right deal were to come along, you have to consider it.

Exaclty, FO SHO! Don't whine R9R.....RR ain't nearly as cute as you try to tell yourself he is either!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

+1

Pud

HA HA HA HA HA HA 

Of course its baseless. I did it just to bait you into a silly-azz thread.

And like clockwork... you delivered.

Pud

PS: You'll love it in Chicago.

Speaking of baiting.

Can you go to the internet and find a picture of a snake and post it here?

Thanks in advance.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

You're post a perfect example for my push to qualify posters prior.... First, learn to spell and use words properly. many people, including myself, type fast, make gramatical errors, etc.. however, your garbage is sometimes incomprehensible or not worth the time to dumb down to your level to understand what youre trying to say.

Just some friendly advice

Karl it is your, not you're that you are trying to say. Do you get the irony that your sentence in which you tell people to use words properly makes no sense?

"You are post a perfect example for my push to quality posters prior"

Nice job simpleton.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

How about mandatory use of spell checker?

That might take some of the guesswork out of deciphering this "Rondo-is-Gawd" awful muddle.

Our friend R9R spells like Rondo shoots FTs.

He's happy just to draw iron trying to spell 2 and 3 syllable words.

Pud

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

That might take some of the guesswork out of deciphering this "Rondo-is-Gawd" awful muddle.

Pud

LMAO

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Pud

You're post a perfect example for my push to qualify posters prior.  

That's your genius friend Karl there. 

thanks for pointing it out again.

Any pictures of snakes you have saved on your desktop you want to cut and paste?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Pud

WAIT! You don't think?! Could they be?! I thinks it possible!!! 
    This is waaaaay too much of a coincidence..... Rajon, you can come out now! R9R....NICE TOUCH! Gotta tell ya, I knew you were insecure, but to hype yourself on blogs???? You need some real help, man. Chicago has some good "DOCs" too! OH, and how's the knee?  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Does last years playoffs count when we were down 1 game to none and RR got tossed and PP had to carry the team to a road win with a monster game to even the series.  We very easily could have gotten eliminated in that series if we lost that second game on the road. 

Still waiting

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

WAIT! You don't think?! Could they be?! I thinks it possible!!! 
    This is waaaaay too much of a coincidence..... Rajon, you can come out now! R9R....NICE TOUCH! Gotta tell ya, I knew you were insecure, but to hype yourself on blogs???? You need some real help, man. Chicago has some good "DOCs" too! OH, and how's the knee?  

Anything more than kissin' cousins is probably a stretch... but they've both rooted against the Cs after the injury.

Pud

Sections
Shortcuts