RONDO AT HIS BEST, TRADE HIM DANNY, TRADE HIM.......

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: RONDO AT HIS BEST, TRADE HIM DANNY, TRADE HIM.......

In Response to Re: RONDO AT HIS BEST, TRADE HIM DANNY, TRADE HIM.......:
       TO ANYONE ON THIS BOARD THAT IS CONCERNED WITH MY "CAPS".....   MAY I SUGGEST THAT YOU MAY WANT TO BE MORE CONCERNED WITH YOUR    A A U   POINT GUARD AND HIS INABILITY TO HIT JUMPERS  & THE BASIC  HIGH SCHOOL FOUL SHOTS !!!!   YES IN-DEED-DEE, "FOUL SHOTS WIN BALL GAMES"..... EVEN AT THE  N B A  LEVEL !!!!!!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

so with that logic, the bulls are a crap team since noah cant hit free throws for crap and the magic should just quit since dwight isnt a good free throw shooter.....shaq could never shoot free throws and he is one of the best players of all time! free throws are important yes, but they arent the only thing.....players that can put up the kind of numbers that rondo did yesterday are not " aau point guards"

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In Response to Re: RONDO AT HIS BEST, TRADE HIM DANNY, TRADE HIM....... :   YOUR 100% RIGHT..... IT'S BAD ENOUGH WHEN THE "BIG GUYS', AS PROS CAN NOT HIT THEIR FREE THROWS....... BUT, AN ALL WORLD POINT GUARD WORTH HIS SALT SHOULD BE SHOOTING 90% FROM THE LINE AND AT LEAST 60% FROM THE FIELD......  HECK, HAS ANYBODY ON THIS THREAD PLAYED THE GAME AT ANY LEVEL OTHER THAN GYM CLASS ?????........  I SAY RONDO HAS VALUE, NOW IS THE TIME FOR DANNY TO CASH HIM IN AND GET READY TO REBUILD NEXT YEAR.... DANNY HAS GOOD OPTIONS AVAILABLE !!!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

point guard is the celtics STRENGTH......if they need to trade anyone than trade ray for a decent big

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Danny has tried to shop Rondo, the teams involved in the potential trade laugh..... Danny thinks he has a great player with an amenable contract but the reality is Danny (and some if the fans) vastly overvalue Rondo and that his supposed "cap friendly" contract is actually a joke..... Rondo makes two-thirds of the actual good point guards and with that contract he is actually overpaid compared to his peers.... in life you get what you pay for and with Rondo you get a player that cannot do what most players do routinely and what Rondo provides most point guards do routinely........  if you believe what most posters believe Rondo averages 40 points, 20 assists, 6 blocks, and 5 steals........... but Rondo does not lead the league in assists, steals, rebounds for a point guard.... so we have a point guard that does nothing that is unique but we are somehow supposed to believe that Rondo does things that are unique.......  imagine a student that attends 7 classes and that you have 10 students that get all As and Bs in their 7 classes and then you have 1 student  that is a good student in 5 of the 7 classes and fails the other two classes ....is he one of the best 2 students in your class... umm duh... no.... Rondo is a joke.,...  people love to use the word unique to classify rondos game when they use the word unique when they mean incomplete but because he is the worst shooter in the league and happens to play in Boston he is unique..... if he played in Houston they would be talking about how he is the worst shooter in the league.......building around Rondo means you want to win 30 games and be a lottery team for the next 5years.... however if Rondo were traded they would be worse and therefore better off in terms of getting better lottery position, etc...... leet me know when the rest of you dbags wake up and smell the coffee....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Danny has tried to shop Rondo, the teams involved in the potential trade laugh..... Danny thinks he has a great player with an amenable contract but the reality is Danny (and some if the fans) vastly overvalue Rondo and that his supposed "cap friendly" contract is actually a joke..... Rondo makes two-thirds of the actual good point guards and with that contract he is actually overpaid compared to his peers.... in life you get what you pay for and with Rondo you get a player that cannot do what most players do routinely and what Rondo provides most point guards do routinely........  if you believe what most posters believe Rondo averages 40 points, 20 assists, 6 blocks, and 5 steals........... but Rondo does not lead the league in assists, steals, rebounds for a point guard.... so we have a point guard that does nothing that is unique but we are somehow supposed to believe that Rondo does things that are unique.......  imagine a student that attends 7 classes and that you have 10 students that get all As and Bs in their 7 classes and then you have 1 student  that is a good student in 5 of the 7 classes and fails the other two classes ....is he one of the best 2 students in your class... umm duh... no.... Rondo is a joke.,...  people love to use the word unique to classify rondos game when they use the word unique when they mean incomplete but because he is the worst shooter in the league and happens to play in Boston he is unique..... if he played in Houston they would be talking about how he is the worst shooter in the league.......building around Rondo means you want to win 30 games and be a lottery team for the next 5years.... however if Rondo were traded they would be worse and therefore better off in terms of getting better lottery position, etc...... leet me know when the rest of you dbags wake up and smell the coffee....
    Posted by TheDUDDER

great, i hope other teams underrate him, he is our future......stop hating and appreciate what we have.....he is the best point guard we have had in a long time

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: RONDO AT HIS BEST, TRADE HIM DANNY, TRADE HIM....... : great, i hope other teams underrate him, he is our future......stop hating and appreciate what we have.....he is the best point guard we have had in a long time
    Posted by redsoxfan94

Exactly..... in the last 20 years the Lakers, Spurs, and Bulls have won most of the titles.......  and none of them have had great point guards......  so let's give thanks that we have a point guard that nobody guards, cannot shoot, cannot make free throws, and cannot be on the floor during crunch time.....

BIGS and Wings win titles..... this crazy notion that we need an incomplete point guard to carry on the "Celtics legacy" is an absolute joke... the last 20 titles were won by Tim Duncan, Shaq, Michael, Scottie, and Wade... the point guards were largely irrelevant.....

This could perhaps be the first title in many many many years where the best point guards in the league may be in the finals.... with Rose and Westbrook......  both Rose and Westbrook are vastly superior to Rondo and therefore if Rondo is the guy to build around you are signing up for 30 wins per year....

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In Response to Re: RONDO AT HIS BEST, TRADE HIM DANNY, TRADE HIM....... : ANOTHER BINGO !!!!  I WOULD GO TO WAR WITH THE LIKES OF AVERY BRADLEY WHO PLAYS GREAT "D" AND LOOKS TO BE ALWAYS IMPROVING, AS WELL AS OTHER YOUNG GUARDS THAT ARE SMART, CAN SHOOT, TEAM PLAYERS......  MOORE, JOHNSON.....  AS AN OLD POINT GUARD, I CAN TELL YA THAT GUARDS ARE A DIME/DOZ..... IT'S THE BIG GUYS THAT ARE HARD TO COME BY !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

way to lose all credibility you had, if any.....by saying you would go to war with avery bradley....absolutely idiotic

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In Response to Re: RONDO AT HIS BEST, TRADE HIM DANNY, TRADE HIM....... : Please don't sell that boy short... at one point early on when Rondo was hurt, celts went 6 & 2 (should have been 7 & 1) and we didn't miss the great Rondo at all !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

i like avery, but he isnt as good as you are making him out to be....not even close.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

i really think the rondo -- /> smith --> howard connection could work. the question is how to do we get smith? what combination of players to we give up that will net him in return without giving up picks? just imagine a core of rondo, smith and howard. then add in some combination of bass, green and beasley. then add in youngs like bradley, johnson and moore. find a shooter or two. could be deadly. yeah, maybe a pipe dream, but what else is there to get excited about? kaman? come on.
    Posted by kaktug

That lineup would be good as long as they never fouled us. We would set the record for the worst foul shooting in NBA history.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

LOL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In Response to Re: RONDO AT HIS BEST, TRADE HIM DANNY, TRADE HIM....... : Please don't sell that boy short... at one point early on when Rondo was hurt, celts went 6 & 2 (should have been 7 & 1) and we didn't miss the great Rondo at all !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

Bradley is shooting 68% from the line

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: RONDO AT HIS BEST, TRADE HIM DANNY, TRADE HIM....... :   YOUR 100% RIGHT..... IT'S BAD ENOUGH WHEN THE "BIG GUYS', AS PROS CAN NOT HIT THEIR FREE THROWS....... BUT, AN ALL WORLD POINT GUARD WORTH HIS SALT SHOULD BE SHOOTING 90% FROM THE LINE AND AT LEAST 60%+--  FROM THE FIELD......  HECK, HAS ANYBODY ON THIS THREAD PLAYED THE GAME AT ANY LEVEL OTHER THAN GYM CLASS ?????........  I SAY RONDO HAS VALUE, NOW IS THE TIME FOR DANNY TO CASH HIM IN AND GET READY TO REBUILD NEXT YEAR.... DANNY HAS GOOD OPTIONS AVAILABLE FOR THIS YEAR WITH RAY ALLEN, K G , EVEN PAUL P. IF THE DEALS ARE RIGHT.... BIG $$$$$ COMING OFF THE BOOKS FOR NEXT YEAR.....
    Posted by Bill-806

As a matter of fact I have played even beyond college level and your suggestion that Rondo should shoot 90% from the foul line and 60%+ from the field just show you how little you know about the game...so stop with that BS about people on this thread... even if they didnt play beyond gym class doesnt mean that dont know anything or have an opinion....kind of like you, right

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In Response to RONDO AT HIS BEST, TRADE HIM DANNY, TRADE HIM.......:
      NOW, WHILE THE VALUE IS THERE AND BEFORE HE GETS HURT AGAIN AMONGST THE TREES !!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

In deference to your esteemed opinion and that of many of the other "hater" elements that pervade this forum for lack of more refined terminology, I submit the following.  It was noted last night on ESPNews that Mr. Bob Cousy referred to Mr. Rondo as the best guard in the Association, or words to that effect. It was also noted that Mr. Larry Bird was amazed at the absurd thought that anyone would consider trading Rondo (inferring that the Pacers would be happy to take him off the Celtics hands). I would most certainly consider the opinions of two men -- who can validly assert they had a part of the 17 (soon to be 18 with Rondo leading the way) banners that hang from the Garden rafters -- as valid and meaningful, rather than those of the esteemed haters.  It is also noteworthy that Rondo ascended into the annals of history yesterday by becoming only one of three players ever to have 17 points and 20 assists, and one of five players ever to have 17 points, 17 assists and 17 rebounds.  The same cannot be said for any other guard currently showcasing their skills in the NBA. Finally, and unequivocally, I will assert as I always blog, Rondo is "the best point guard in the Association, bar none."  Yesterday evening was another example of his greatness as his teammates are well aware!  Thanks for the humor, however.  Your threads almost always provoke a hearty HA HA!

As Always,

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

Except with another guard yesterday, we WOULD have lost. :-)
    Posted by Number6Fan

Concur!!!!!

As Always,

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

Everything will determine when they go on that 8 game road trip next week.   The trade deadline comes three games into that road trip.
    Posted by davidap

And....Rondo is still "the best point guard in the Association, bar none" as Mr. Bob Cousy alluded to.

As Always,

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

“That kid,’’ said Larry Bird, a spellbound televiewer, “is unbelievable. I got a text during the game from someone who works for us and he said, ‘How in the hell can they think about trading him ?’ How much better can you play? You can’t. I know I’d take that stat line any day of the week.’’
    Posted by ronnie0729

BINGO! to mimic my uppercase author of this thread.  Every other guard in the Association wishes they could do what Rondo did yesterday, because NOT one has ever done so.  Wishing won't make it so cause they ain't (SIC) "the best point guard in the Association, bar none!"

As Always,

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

On building a team.... First, you've got to get the ball. Then you need a guy who can take care of it and create. So, you need a rebounder and a ball handler... the hardest guys to find. The driveways of America are full of kids shooting the ball. They're easy to find. We've got one of the tough ones. You don't ever trade him. We need the rebounder. Shooters we can find. Rondo also gets you the ball... which is why he is better than you all think.
    Posted by MrJohnnyMost

So true!

As Always,

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In Response to Re: RONDO AT HIS BEST, TRADE HIM DANNY, TRADE HIM....... : great, i hope other teams underrate him, he is our future......stop hating and appreciate what we have.....he is the best point guard we have had in a long time
    Posted by redsoxfan94

You're wasting your breath with Dud.  In 2008, he said the Celtics couldn't win with a 21 year old, second year point guard who couldn't shoot.  We all know how that worked out.  He went into hibernation for awhile after that but now he's back to add his slant to why the C's can't win.

As Always,

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tribefan3. Show tribefan3's posts

Rondo at his best, playing at home, Cs needed OT to beat Knicks who played absolutely no defense.

Once D'Antoni goes at end of season, Knicks will be a force.

Don't be too hard on Lin; it was only the 14th game of his NBA career and he came "home" to play in front of a very rude Boston crowd.

Maybe that guy Luke who's playing for Tampa was right about Boston fans.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

I suspect when the Big Three roll off into the sunset to find greener pastures, Danny will surround Rondo with the necessary pieces to keep the Celtics relevant into the next century.

As Always,

Sections
Shortcuts