RONDO AT HIS BEST, TRADE HIM DANNY, TRADE HIM.......

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Re: RONDO AT HIS BEST, TRADE HIM DANNY, TRADE HIM.......

In Response to RONDO AT HIS BEST, TRADE HIM DANNY, TRADE HIM.......:
    [QUOTE]  NOW, WHILE THE VALUE IS THERE AND BEFORE HE GETS HURT AGAIN AMONGST THE TREES !!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Bill, I suspect you have a very loose grasp on what Rondo's trade value is but I only think it is fair that since you are so adament that the Celtics should trade their best player, you suggest just what they get in return.

So please, what is your Rondo trade proposal?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Trade him for Gasol.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: RONDO AT HIS BEST, TRADE HIM DANNY, TRADE HIM.......:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: RONDO AT HIS BEST, TRADE HIM DANNY, TRADE HIM....... : TMC.......  IT IS OBVIOUS THAT AS FLASHY AS HE IS, OTHER TEAMS RECOGNIZE HIS SHORT CUMMINGS.....  IF DANNY COULD GET A YOUNG BIG, OR A GASOL, OR A GOOD BIG & A DRAFT PICK, I WOULD DO IT IKN A HEART BEAT....... ALSO, THE WAY HE PLAYS, THE  D L  IS ALWAYS A LANDING SPOT BY THE END OF THE GAME......  LET'S SEE WHAT DANNY DOES AS THE DAYS GO BY......
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

What good big? 

Gasol?   the Celts biggest problem is they are old, so trading your 26 year old all star for another teams 31 year old (and much more expensive) all star doesn't do anything to solve that problem.  Plus, I'm really not a fan of doing business with a hated rival. 

You say that other teams are aware of Rondo's shortcomings, well so are the Celtics but it doesn't change the fact that he is the Celtics most valuable player.  The idea that the Celts are going to lure Howard to Boston is crazy, so the reality is the Celts best option is to get younger and better around Rondo.  Move Ray now and get younger in FA this off-season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RONDO AT HIS BEST, TRADE HIM DANNY, TRADE HIM....... : What good big?  Gasol?   the Celts biggest problem is they are old, so trading your 26 year old all star for another teams 31 year old (and much more expensive) all star doesn't do anything to solve that problem.  Plus, I'm really not a fan of doing business with a hated rival.  You say that other teams are aware of Rondo's shortcomings, well so are the Celtics but it doesn't change the fact that he is the Celtics most valuable player.  The idea that the Celts are going to lure Howard to Boston is crazy, so the reality is the Celts best option is to get younger and better around Rondo.  Move Ray now and get younger in FA this off-season.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

if you move Ray, and with JO out of the picture, we suddenly become not so old anymore. core is Rondo, Pietrus, PP, KG, Bass. bench is AB, Moore, JJJ, Wilcox...we are already getting younger.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]I think you HAVE to blow it up. We all remember how painful all those terrible years were in the basement before the Allen trade. You trade Rondo now, because he has great value. Then you make the painful, business decision and trade Pierce (preferably to a contender for his sake), and you make sure you get some good kids back and picks. You have to hope to bring back a big enough player that D-will and DH might consider becoming the next big 3. And you make sure if you can get it, that you also nab as many 1st rounders as you can. Build from the ground up like the Thunder. The C's had a great 3 year run...maybe more if not for injuries, but you build a dynasty with youth. Losing Rondo and others paves the way for something bigger.
    Posted by jgallag1[/QUOTE]
    Rondo is 26.How is that not youth?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RONDO AT HIS BEST, TRADE HIM DANNY, TRADE HIM....... : if you move Ray, and with JO out of the picture, we suddenly become not so old anymore. core is Rondo, Pietrus, PP, KG, Bass. bench is AB, Moore, JJJ, Wilcox...we are already getting younger.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Agree.  I mean PP, KG and Pietrus all potential starters if Ray goes, that is not exactly a young starting line-up but it is moving in younger direction.  My main point is moving Rondo for Gasol seems like a lateral move at best, and again, considering Pau is older and more expensive, a step in the wrong direction.

Sections
Shortcuts