Rondo Available, CP3 Available - Do the Math

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Rondo Available, CP3 Available - Do the Math

I'd rather take a run at Deron Williams given that Paul supposedly has potential knee problems. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Available, CP3 Available - Do the Math:
    In Response to Re: Rondo Available, CP3 Available - Do the Math : What's good about a Rondo for CP3 swap is if it doesn't work out CP3 becomes a free-agent next season. That is if the Celts don't do an extend and trade for CP3. A Big Baby and Rondo for CP3 trade works.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Can we throw in Bradley, and they throw in Landry or Gray?

I think they are open to shopping him, like ORL is open to shopping DH...IF someone will take Okafor off their hands!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

No doubt CP3 would help most teams. Is there reciprocal interest league-wide in Rondo though?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Rondo is signed to a relatively cheap deal for a PG that can play 30+ minutes a game and who can do a lot of different things.  On the right team he'd be very good, just like he is here.  I can't see why Ainge would tade him for a "scorer to complement Pierce" as has been reported.  Who are they gonna play at PG then?  Delonte with Avery Bradley off the bench? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Rondo is signed to a relatively cheap deal for a PG that can play 30+ minutes a game and who can do a lot of different things.  On the right team he'd be very good, just like he is here.  I can't see why Ainge would tade him for a "scorer to complement Pierce" as has been reported.  Who are they gonna play at PG then?  Delonte with Avery Bradley off the bench? 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn

Ainge is talking about a PG scorer to complement Pierce.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

CP3 for Rondo would be a dream. Knee questions or not it's a no brainer to me. That's why it won't happen :(

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I DONT SEE CP3 AS A "BOSTON" GUY , AND THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT CONSIDERATION.

I THINK CP3 IS TOO MUCH OF A PRETTY BOY FOR THE GRITTY BLUE COLLAR VIBE, BAD WEATHER, CRAZY TRAFFIC , AND OVERALL DISCOMFORT AND DAILY STRUGGLE THAT IS BOSTON......

I AM BORN AND RAISED IN MASSACHUSETTS AND WILL ALWAYS BE A NEW ENGLANDER AT HEART, IF I HAD THE MONEY, I'D HAVE A PLACE IN BOSTON TO ESCAPE THE SUMMERS HERE IN THE 602......SO DON'T SAY I'M A HATER OR WORSE YET, A LAKER FAN...

MY GUT TELLS ME CP3 IS A LOT LIKE AROD , HE WANTS TO PLAY IN HOLLYWOOD OR NYC.....I SAY LET HIM  AND AMARE BECOME THE NEXT VINCE CARTER/TRACY McGRADY - OVERPAID EGOMANIACS WHO DONT HAVE THE FIRE IN THE GUT TO PLAY IN PAIN AND WILL THEIR TEAM TO A CHAMPIONSHIP

I THINK DANNY NEEDS TO GO FIND SOME YOUNG IMPACT PLAYERS RATHER THAN A "NAME" - STILL THINK JAN VESELY SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE #1 TARGET FOR THE CELTICS IN LAST JUNE'S DRAFT...I'M MOST EXCITED TO SEE JJ JOHNSONE AND AVERY BRADLY GET SOME BIG MINUTES THIS SEASON

CHRIS PAUL WANTS TO BE A REALITY TV STAR AND STARE AT HIMSELF IN THE MIRROR.......HE MAY BE A BETTER SCORER THAN RONDO , BUT RONDO IS A NATURAL BORN KILLER AS A BALLPLAYER AND HAS THE PSYCHOTIC COMPETITIVENESS TO PLAY AT FULL SPEED WITH A BROKEN ARM...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Available, CP3 Available - Do the Math : Ainge is talking about a PG scorer to complement Pierce. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

Who is the PG scorer besides the obvious one in Chris Paul who is available in trade or FA?  I don't disagree that it would be nice to have a PG who can shoot the ball though.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Just read this:

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bca4l

Thoughts?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

OK - here we go:

I love doing this, and I know it never happens - it's just fun!!

To NOH:
    Rajon Rondo
    Jermaine O'Neal (they would cut him, of course)

To NJ:
    Glen Davis
    Avery Bradley (sent to D-league at reduced salary)
    Marco Bellini sign and trade

To Bos:
    Chris Paul - although he cannot wear #3 can he?
    Johann Petro
    Brook Lopez

Re-sign Delonte, maybe Wafer......
    2nd unit - West, Moore (or JRich?), Green, JJJ, Petro

That, my friends, is really not a bad team at all!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Available, CP3 Available - Do the Math : What's good about a Rondo for CP3 swap is if it doesn't work out CP3 becomes a free-agent next season. That is if the Celts don't do an extend and trade for CP3. A Big Baby and Rondo for CP3 trade works.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Fierce could a Rondo/BB trade for CP3 free up anymore money to sign other FA's this year or do you think we would be more hamstrung than we currently are with the low MLE?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

pud and dud are ecstatic at the prospect of Rondo  leaving-LOL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

I DONT SEE CP3 AS A "BOSTON" GUY , AND THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT CONSIDERATION. I THINK CP3 IS TOO MUCH OF A PRETTY BOY FOR THE GRITTY BLUE COLLAR VIBE, BAD WEATHER, CRAZY TRAFFIC , AND OVERALL DISCOMFORT AND DAILY STRUGGLE THAT IS BOSTON...... I AM BORN AND RAISED IN MASSACHUSETTS AND WILL ALWAYS BE A NEW ENGLANDER AT HEART, IF I HAD THE MONEY, I'D HAVE A PLACE IN BOSTON TO ESCAPE THE SUMMERS HERE IN THE 602......SO DON'T SAY I'M A HATER OR WORSE YET, A LAKER FAN... MY GUT TELLS ME CP3 IS A LOT LIKE AROD , HE WANTS TO PLAY IN HOLLYWOOD OR NYC.....I SAY LET HIM  AND AMARE BECOME THE NEXT VINCE CARTER/TRACY McGRADY - OVERPAID EGOMANIACS WHO DONT HAVE THE FIRE IN THE GUT TO PLAY IN PAIN AND WILL THEIR TEAM TO A CHAMPIONSHIP I THINK DANNY NEEDS TO GO FIND SOME YOUNG IMPACT PLAYERS RATHER THAN A "NAME" - STILL THINK JAN VESELY SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE #1 TARGET FOR THE CELTICS IN LAST JUNE'S DRAFT...I'M MOST EXCITED TO SEE JJ JOHNSONE AND AVERY BRADLY GET SOME BIG MINUTES THIS SEASON CHRIS PAUL WANTS TO BE A REALITY TV STAR AND STARE AT HIMSELF IN THE MIRROR.......HE MAY BE A BETTER SCORER THAN RONDO , BUT RONDO IS A NATURAL BORN KILLER AS A BALLPLAYER AND HAS THE PSYCHOTIC COMPETITIVENESS TO PLAY AT FULL SPEED WITH A BROKEN ARM...
    Posted by PHX85014

I agree with your general sentiment.  I think Chris Paul is a pretty boy and a bit of a punk.  And I think he's going to end up in L.A. playing for the Lakers.  And I think it will push Rondo to become even better.  And give the next five years of the Celtic/Laker rivalry what it needs.  I am not scared of Chris Paul going to the Lakers.  I'm not scared of Chris Paul, period.  Rondo is a warrior, and his best play is still ahead.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo Available, CP3 Available - Do the Math :   I agree with your general sentiment.  I think Chris Paul is a pretty boy and a bit of a punk.  And I think he's going to end up in L.A. playing for the Lakers.  And I think it will push Rondo to become even better.  And give the next five years of the Celtic/Laker rivalry what it needs.  I am not scared of Chris Paul going to the Lakers.  I'm not scared of Chris Paul, period.  Rondo is a warrior, and his best play is still ahead.
    Posted by passfirst

How can he end up on the lakers?  Would you trade Bynum for him?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

The Lakers are the one team where things don't have to match up, they just tend to get palyers one way or another.  So, i don't know how but I wouldn't be surprised if both Paul and Howard end up on the Lakers.  And I don't mean this in a defeatist way.  I would rather the Celtics find another way to raise #18.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

The Lakers are the one team where things don't have to match up, they just tend to get palyers one way or another.  So, i don't know how but I wouldn't be surprised if both Paul and Howard end up on the Lakers.  And I don't mean this in a defeatist way.  I would rather the Celtics find another way to raise #18.
    Posted by passfirst

They will get neither one.  Paul would actually be better than Howard for them.  Paul says he wants the Knicks............Howard likes the Clips

Let's take care of our house first!!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Just saw a Ric Bucher tweet that said Rondo deal unlikely because Hornets have already gotten better offers for CP3. Looks like DA will prob have get a 3rd team involved to pull a rabbit out of his hat again this time.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

From ESPN:

(Note the offer of Rondo and Green for Westbrook and Perk after the 2010-11 season.... WOW!!!)

Pud

The Boston Celtics, who already have one of the best point guards in the NBA, are interested in making an upgrade by acquiring the New Orleans Hornets' Chris Paul and would be willing to give up Rondo to get him, sources have told ESPN's Chris Broussard.

The sources say the Celtics are having internal discussions regarding a swap of marquee point guards.

Paul can become a free agent after this season, so the Celtics also would have to convince him to sign an extension with them before giving up Rondo, who has four years and approximately $46 million left on his contract.

Paul was asked earlier Tuesday at a charity event in New York City about speculation that he could soon leave the Hornets.

"I try not to pay attention to all that different type of stuff," Paul told ESPN New York. "My heart is in New Orleans."

This would not be the first time the Celtics have looked into trading Rondo for another point guard.

After last season's playoffs, the Celtics offered Rondo and Jeff Green to Oklahoma City for Russell Westbrook and Kendrick Perkins, sources have told Broussard. The Celtics, looking for another scorer who can create his own offense, thought Westbrook might be available after his erractic postseason play. But Oklahoma was not interested in the deal.

Rondo averaged 10.6 points and 11.2 assists last season, while Paul averaged 15.8 per game (a career low) and 9.8 assists.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts