Rondo being Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Rondo being Rondo

Ok we won... but we needed Ray's heroics to overcome rondo's careless stupidity at the end of this game.  NO PG with any sense makes that pass with a minute left...I wish we had a all around competent PG.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Re: Rondo being Rondo

Too negative. Rondo played a good game. Just need to take him (and Baby) off of the STUPID pills.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

that was his only turnover of the game. I'll take a near triple double from my point guard any day

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Moan and complain.

Hey we just won a damn playoff game that we shouldn't have won. This is a sign for great things to come. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo being Rondo:
    [QUOTE]that was his only turnover of the game. I'll take a near triple double from my point guard any day
    Posted by teh-n00b[/QUOTE]

Generally, Rondo played a great game.  But, he actually had another turnover like that one.  It was to Paul and he over passed him.  They gave the TO to Paul but it was really Rondo's bad pass.

But, Rondo did play a great game, as did JON and Ray.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

NO. He also threw the ball away, same situation, with about 2 minutes left but did not get credited for the TO.  I do not forgive him.  We could have very easily lost that game because of his boneheaded plays at the end of the game.

Doc needs to biach slap some sense into him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

10pts 9reb 9 assists. Yep Rondo being Rondo. You nailed it. Great post

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]10pts 9reb 9 assists. Yep Rondo being Rondo. You nailed it. Great post
    Posted by gman101019[/QUOTE]

You bet... those are CP3/DRose sorts of numbers tonight!!!

10 points total... none in the 2nd half. Wide open shots all night long.

Thank God for RayRay.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]that was his only turnover of the game. I'll take a near triple double from my point guard any day

I am a huge Rondo fan.. but I will NOT take today's near trip double 'anyday'

I'll take the 9 rebounds sure... that is 2-3 more than I expect from him in the playoffs

He should have 12-14 assists, not 9. Chris Paul chucked up 4 more shots than Rondo, had 23 more points and still managed 14 assists.

Rondo should be going 3-4 from the line. Not 0-2.

He missed 8 shots inside the 3 point line. I'm going to assume 4-5 of them were jumpers. Meaning he went 1-5 or so on midrange J's. That needs to be 3-7.

He went 0-1 on a desperation 3. That is not yet a part of his game so I will not nit pick. Next year he better be going 1-3 per game from downtown (32-34%) w/ 40% on his 15-20' jumpers, 55% floaters and 70% on layups.

So 17 points, 13 assists and the 9 boards would have made me VERY happy... with the same 1 turnover. He also had ZERO steals. Gotta get us 2-3.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]NO. He also threw the ball away, same situation, with about 2 minutes left but did not get credited for the TO.  I do not forgive him.  We could have very easily lost that game because of his boneheaded plays at the end of the game. Doc needs to biach slap some sense into him.
    Posted by Eldunker[/QUOTE]

You do not forgive him/What a selfimportant azz you are.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]10pts 9reb 9 assists. Yep Rondo being Rondo. You nailed it. Great post
    Posted by gman101019[/QUOTE]

CRUDDER and ELDUMBER can`t stand it when Rondo play`s well. I thought he had an up and down game but as a Celtic fan I don`t focus all my energy on 1 player.Rondo pushed the ball when he had the opportunity and his rebounding was huge.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Can we just take this win and run with it....WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It wasnt the best game by a stretch, but take it for what it's worth.  Again, WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

rondo played great defense on Billups taking him out of the game and had damn near a triple double. he made a few really bad passes at the end, then made a great one to KG. Mostly a good game. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

In Response to Rondo being Rondo:
    [QUOTE]Ok we won... but we needed Ray's heroics to overcome rondo's careless stupidity at the end of this game.  NO PG with any sense makes that pass with a minute left...I wish we had a all around competent PG.
    Posted by Eldunker[/QUOTE]

I agree andI have been posting that we need atrue PG like DRose, CP3 , Dwilliams or even a guy like Andre Miller

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo being Rondo : You bet... those are CP3/DRose sorts of numbers tonight!!! 10 points total... none in the 2nd half. Wide open shots all night long. Thank God for RayRay. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

I agree we need a true all around Pg who can really shoot leave the rebounds for BBD yeah right that is not another topic

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I love Rondo's game but up until he made the alley ooop to KG at the end , I was screaming for Delonte's steady hand and shooting ability.

Shocking to see Rondo almost got a triple double today , he was really making me cringe.

Rondo is the biggest enigma in the NBA , at times looking like a superstar , other times looking like a liability.

I wonder what his teammates really think of him ?

Somehow, I see Rondo playing in Memphis or New Orleans in the not too distant future , even if the Celtics win it all this year...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Hard for me to figure anyone saying Rondo played great last night.  Id give him a C+ cause I thought he was close to invisible the first half as a playmaker, which is what he is.

The 2 bad passes he made in the 4th (amazed hes not credited with 2 TO's for them)..  well, he has to take the heat for overthrowing both of them , especially the last one at a crucial time. They both would have led to easy layups so I cant fault him too much for the attempt... however he didnt make the play so he has to take the fall for it.

and please, whoever said Rondo played great defense on Chauncey.. please stop.  I watched Rondo closely and he was once again getting picked easily... i mean easily... and when he did, he didnt hustle to pick up the role or anyone else.. he just watched on many occassions. Terrbile effort

I know we're all sick of focusing criticism on Rondo so often but hey, we cant wear blinders and pretend no of this happened because we want to ignore it.

Ill make you a deal.. stop posting that Rondo played great or played great defense when he doesnt and alot of us wont have to point out our opposing opinions

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

[QUOTE]I love Rondo's game but up until he made the alley ooop to KG at the end , I was screaming for Delonte's steady hand and shooting ability. Shocking to see Rondo almost got a triple double today , he was really making me cringe. Rondo is the biggest enigma in the NBA , at times looking like a superstar , other times looking like a liability. I wonder what his teammates really think of him ? Somehow, I see Rondo playing in Memphis or New Orleans in the not too distant future , even if the Celtics win it all this year...  
    Posted by PHX85014[/QUOTE]

I agree  cause this team is too slow for him and Big 3 are not athletic like the Grizzlies , Thunder where they have good young scorers.  Rondo is not a true scorer only a passer with speed and overacgieves,  I thik he lost his stealing abilities or maybe reaching too much

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

i agree with you 100 percent and i bet if would have had CPE playing for us tonite we would have won easily.  CP3 is a true PG who gets people involve and can scorer easily.  That is what we really need soon to help Big 3  a true point guard like CP 3, D Williams, D Rose, Westbrook,   why did he Rondo rerally quit from the olympic team last year.  Hint he was going to get cut by coach K

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Coach adjusted Rondo in the 2nd half into moving (with the ball) down to the low post from which he could either drive and score/dish, come back up to the elbow and pass/shoot, or post up his man (not really Rondo's game). Still, as Doc mentioned, Rondo is much more effective in motion, and this had a huge impact. Aside from the two stupid hero passes, Rondo played an excellent second half after a nondescript first half. Also, Rondo was active on the boards all game long.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

He did make 2 bad passes to the camera guys..... but our bench had 8 points

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]Can we just take this win and run with it....WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It wasnt the best game by a stretch, but take it for what it's worth.  Again, WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on taking the game and running with it, but Rondo has got to learn from his mistakes. His long throw at the end almost cost us the game. We had a 5 on four (billups was on the ground) and Rondo makes a stupid throw.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

I believe there were 8 playoff games over the weekend - if you include LeBron as a point guard, I think there were only 6 other point guards that had better games than Rondo......nearly a triple double sounds great in a vacuum but how about when the team struggles to score 87 points, and the announcers go on and on about how the one that nearly scored a triple doubled caused a lot of trouble for their offense and did not need to be guarded......

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Rick Fox are you a Celtic or Laker fan? Who cares you're on ignore. God you are ridiculous. So unless you have a top four point guard in the league you won't root for your own team? go home. Here's a newsflash: the teams with the top four point guards in the league AREN'T TRADING THEM and CP3 is not signing here. 

"We could have very easily lost that game because of his boneheaded plays at the end of the game."

Are you including his beautiful alley oop pass? 

Look, Rondo didn't have a great game. But he didn't have a terrible one either. 

I feel sorry for all those of you I have on ignore that couldn't enjoy the win because Rondo isn't perfect or isn't Chris Paul. 

"I don't forgive Rondo." ha ha ha haha no wonder I have El Dunko on ignore. Interesting how the negative Rondo people (Pud, Dud, Dunko) are some of the worst and most negative contributors to this board overall. It genuinely seems they hate rondo more than they enjoy the Celts winning. 

Sections
Shortcuts