Rondo being Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

Re: Rondo being Rondo

In Response to Re: Rondo being Rondo:
    Rick Fox are you a Celtic or Laker fan? Who cares you're on ignore. God you are ridiculous. So unless you have a top four point guard in the league you won't root for your own team? go home. Here's a newsflash: the teams with the top four point guards in the league AREN'T TRADING THEM and CP3 is not signing here.  " We could have very easily lost that game because of his boneheaded plays at the end of the game." Are you including his beautiful alley oop pass?  Look, Rondo didn't have a great game. But he didn't have a terrible one either.  I feel sorry for all those of you I have on ignore that couldn't enjoy the win because Rondo isn't perfect or isn't Chris Paul.  "I don't forgive Rondo." ha ha ha haha no wonder I have El Dunko on ignore. Interesting how the negative Rondo people (Pud, Dud, Dunko) are some of the worst and most negative contributors to this board overall. It genuinely seems they hate rondo more than they enjoy the Celts winning. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

I really dont care what you say about me but i am not the only one who feels this way about Rondo.  People on Celticsblog also feel rondo is a liability.  We need a true PG in the future unless rondo starts shooting better.  I am a die hard Celtic fan so please do not question me.  I am representing myCeltics here in LA( originally from east coast) and it is not easy but I dont back down from those hated Faker fans Ok

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo being Rondo : I really dont care what you say about me but i am not the only one who feels this way about Rondo.  People on Celticsblog also feel rondo is a liability.  We need a true PG in the future unless rondo starts shooting better.  I am a die hard Celtic fan so please do not question me.  I am representing myCeltics here in LA( originally from east coast) and it is not easy but I dont back down from those hated Faker fans Ok
    Posted by RickFox17[/QUOTE]

Hey, Rick... when Spanker puts you on IGNORE... that means that you have officially arrived at BDC and gotten under his skin.

Congrats!!!

Wait a few days or so 'til the Spanker gets really, REALLY irritated and  tells everyone how disappointed he is in your opinions. 

All the while, he claims to have you on IGNORE! Yea.. right!

Spanky's completely harmless. No sweat.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo being Rondo : Hey, Rick... when Spanker puts you on IGNORE... that means that you have officially arrived at BDC and gotten under his skin. Congrats!!! Wait a few days or so 'til the Spanker gets really, REALLY irritated and  tells everyone how disappointed he is in your opinions.  All the while, he claims to have you on IGNORE! Yea.. right! Spanky's completely harmless. No sweat. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

Thanks but i just call it as I see it and we are not the only oes that see Rondos weakenesses and it may kill us.  I don't hate rondo but I just want the best for The Celtics and us the fans.  Hopefully Rondo can develop a jumpshot soon and break the worst defensive team in the league down soon for easy points for his team mates. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo being Rondo : Thanks but i just call it as I see it and we are not the only oes that see Rondos weakenesses and it may kill us.  I don't hate rondo but I just want the best for The Celtics and us the fans.  Hopefully Rondo can develop a jumpshot soon and break the worst defensive team in the league down soon for easy points for his team mates. 

Keep hoping... but don't count on it.

This "special"  kid should have been sent to the D-league until he rounded out his game. Too late now. He's a... ahemm....  an "all star" and 3rd in NBA jersey sales.

He's the Special Olympics gift to the NBA. 

The NBA... cares!

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo being Rondo : I really dont care what you say about me but i am not the only one who feels this way about Rondo.  People on Celticsblog also feel rondo is a liability.  We need a true PG in the future unless rondo starts shooting better.  I am a die hard Celtic fan so please do not question me.  I am representing myCeltics here in LA( originally from east coast) and it is not easy but I dont back down from those hated Faker fans Ok

due to lack of moderators, rondo flogging has become sport here at bdc, rick. i also spend time at celticsblog, a quality hangout IMO. the rondo dissent exists there - as it should - but is balanced with rondo support. overzealous posters there are not allowed to go on and on and on and on and on and on in the course of spewing their negativity OR their support. one of the results is a site with less breadth than here at bdc, but with more depth. you can know that within the best interest of celticsblog, dudder and pudtz and their ilk are not tolerated.

good for you for flying the celtics flag in LA, but try for a little more patience w/ rondo. you may be rewarded.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I find it interesting how two years ago in the playoffs, Rondo outplayed Rose in the Celtics Bulls series.
    Rose has progressed since then while Rondo seems to only show flashes of brilliance.
    What's with that?
    Anyway, I never know which Rondo is going to show up on the court and I hope he realizes sooner rather than later the vaule of consistency.
    Too bad he hasn't grokked onto RA's work ethic.
    I think he'd been unstoppable then.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]I find it interesting how two years ago in the playoffs, Rondo outplayed Rose in the Celtics Bulls series. Rose has progressed since then while Rondo seems to only show flashes of brilliance. What's with that? Anyway, I never know which Rondo is going to show up on the court and I hope he realizes sooner rather than later the vaule of consistency. Too bad he hasn't grokked onto RA's work ethic. I think he'd been unstoppable then.
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

Unstoppable indeed.

While Rondo is busy "grokking," he might want to "grok" into DRose's genuine sense of humility.

It might help him to acknowledge and then fix his (all too obvious but of course not to himself) shortcomings.

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo being Rondo : due to lack of moderators, rondo flogging has become sport here at bdc, rick. i also spend time at celticsblog, a quality hangout IMO. the rondo dissent exists there - as it should - but is balanced with rondo support. overzealous posters there are not allowed to go on and on and on and on and on and on in the course of spewing their negativity  OR their support. one of the results is a site with less breadth than here at bdc, but with more depth. you can know that within the best interest of celticsblog, dudder and pudtz and their ilk are not tolerated. good for you for flying the celtics flag in LA, but try for a little more patience w/ rondo. you may be rewarded.
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]

i don't understand your statement- no more free speech, is that the gist of it?

i think everyone here, with maybe the exception of one or two people would love to see rondo do well for himself.  the problem is that after five years, his stat line offensively is regressive.  and i'm talking him as a stand alone offensive player.

unless you are a nincompoop of a basketball aficianado, you fully realize that every starter on the floor, particularly the floor general has to have enough skills to keep defenses honest, and have enough skills to function as a "taker of what's given" when teams decide to make you the "prove it to me" guy. 

rondo flunks nearly every test of proving it to them.  he does well only in higher tempo games and withers and dies rapidly in the half court set, you know, what you see the most of the deeper you go into the playoffs.

we keep waiting for him to come out.  after a while, unconverted potential becomes like a mouthful of pi$$, you can't convince yourself it still tastes good!  so we should ban the increasing number of people who recognize this fact and are frustrated by the lack of simple mastery of basic basketball skills that most point guards are honing by the 11thgrade?  makes sense!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I agree somewhat with your theory A.C. but I just wanna know, are you a fan of Tony Allen?  As he would present the same problem of not being able to shoot and is a worst shooter than Rondo, so although he makes us for it with defense, he doesnt give you 10 assists or 10 rebounds like Rondo does....I could understand your point more if Rondo didnt dominate everywhere else, but he scored 10 pts in the 1st half , grabbed 9 boards and assists...What else is he supposed to do. Out of 5 guys on the court starting, he is filling up the stat sheet more than anyone else...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

[QUOTE]I agree somewhat with your theory A.C. but I just wanna know, are you a fan of Tony Allen?  As he would present the same problem of not being able to shoot and is a worst shooter than Rondo, so although he makes us for it with defense, he doesnt give you 10 assists or 10 rebounds like Rondo does....I could understand your point more if Rondo didnt dominate everywhere else, but he scored 10 pts in the 1st half , grabbed 9 boards and assists...What else is he supposed to do. Out of 5 guys on the court starting, he is filling up the stat sheet more than anyone else...
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

i'm not AC, but your comparison doesn't work. Rondo is a starter and gets paid tons of money. Tony Allen is a role player and only gets what teams offer to him. For 10 mill a year rondo should be giving us WAY more than he does now. You simply can't compare him to TA. He should be compared to Steve Nash, CP, Westbrook and even derrick rose or jameer nelson... what do you get? WHOOPS!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Hard for me to figure anyone saying Rondo played great last night.  Id give him a C+ cause I thought he was close to invisible the first half as a playmaker, which is what he is. The 2 bad passes he made in the 4th (amazed hes not credited with 2 TO's for them)..  well, he has to take the heat for overthrowing both of them , especially the last one at a crucial time. They both would have led to easy layups so I cant fault him too much for the attempt... however he didnt make the play so he has to take the fall for it. and please, whoever said Rondo played great defense on Chauncey.. please stop.  I watched Rondo closely and he was once again getting picked easily... i mean easily... and when he did, he didnt hustle to pick up the role or anyone else.. he just watched on many occassions. Terrbile effort I know we're all sick of focusing criticism on Rondo so often but hey, we cant wear blinders and pretend no of this happened because we want to ignore it. Ill make you a deal.. stop posting that Rondo played great or played great defense when he doesnt and alot of us wont have to point out our opposing opinions
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Agreed.. if we ever get the Rondo who avg'd 11.5 points and 14.5 assists like he did the first 12 games this year... or the Rondo who went for 20.7 points and 11.8 assists per game vs. the Cavs last year in the 2nd rd... we are almost impossible to beat.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]I agree somewhat with your theory A.C. but I just wanna know, are you a fan of Tony Allen?  As he would present the same problem of not being able to shoot and is a worst shooter than Rondo, so although he makes us for it with defense, he doesnt give you 10 assists or 10 rebounds like Rondo does....I could understand your point more if Rondo didnt dominate everywhere else, but he scored 10 pts in the 1st half , grabbed 9 boards and assists...What else is he supposed to do. Out of 5 guys on the court starting, he is filling up the stat sheet more than anyone else...

A PG can fill up the stat sheets and still provide zero leadership... and the team plays like shyte. Rondo hits some easy, wide open jumpers and the offense is at a standstill, completely stagnant in the 1st half because that's all he is doing... hitting kindergarten jumpers, playing no defense and standing around, not attacking/pushing the tempo.

Big deal.

But that's Rondo being Rondo.

Pud

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo being Rondo : due to lack of moderators, rondo flogging has become sport here at bdc, rick. i also spend time at celticsblog, a quality hangout IMO. the rondo dissent exists there - as it should - but is balanced with rondo support. overzealous posters there are not allowed to go on and on and on and on and on and on in the course of spewing their negativity  OR their support. one of the results is a site with less breadth than here at bdc, but with more depth. you can know that within the best interest of celticsblog, dudder and pudtz and their ilk are not tolerated. good for you for flying the celtics flag in LA, but try for a little more patience w/ rondo. you may be rewarded.
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]

thanks for BPowe and I love thst pic of Bird wth shades.  I never seen Bird look so kool and I have een folowing Bird since he was a Rookie and i was little kid.  There are more Celtics fans come in out lately here in La or are bandwagoners but still they are wearing green. Go Celtics

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

near triple double, we won the game. Rondo being Rondo? As in almost getting a triple double in the playoffs? yes, got that part right.

Did I mention the fact that we won?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo being Rondo : thanks for BPowe and I love thst pic of Bird wth shades.  I never seen Bird look so kool and I have een folowing Bird since he was a Rookie and i was little kid.  There are more Celtics fans come in out lately here in La or are bandwagoners but still they are wearing green. Go Celtics
    i like it too, rick. thanks. you may be interested to know that's the legend entering the summit in houston for the first closeout game in '86 vs the rockets, aka the infamous sampson-sichting brawl. in addition - the pic doesn't really do it justice - larry's mullet 'do was in spectacular full bloom that entire series. either that, or he just really needed a haircut.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kytroll. Show kytroll's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo being Rondo : Hey, Rick... when Spanker puts you on IGNORE... that means that you have officially arrived at BDC and gotten under his skin. Congrats!!! Wait a few days or so 'til the Spanker gets really, REALLY irritated and  tells everyone how disappointed he is in your opinions.  All the while, he claims to have you on IGNORE! Yea.. right! Spanky's completely harmless. No sweat. Pud
    Posted by duddendudden[/QUOTE]

We are grateful you troll this forum instead of bringing an umbrella which looks like a rifle into shopping malls. Regards to your -wife- cousin.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

i was a fan of tony allen.  but you are comparing apples to hot air baloons.  tony allen was not a starter.  he really is not a starter in any notion of the idea on a contending team.

therefore, people like tony allen, glen davis can get away with having holes in their game becuase the produce in unlikely spurts and over-achieve given their ability and level of expectations for what they do.  that over-achievment is temporary in nature for both players.

try to extrapolate that into a starting role and the results are likely not going to be good, for a top contender, even many middling teams.  tony allen did the same thing rondo did in game 1 in the grizz series.  he was terrible one half and only showed up offensively the last 6 minutes of the game, also with intense defense.

allen, davis, rondo share a general guttyness and grit, although i see it evaporate for stretches most often in rondo, particularly this season.  all three don't have complete skill sets for their positions but get away with it except for rondo because he is on the floor so much as a starter.

37 clicks a game makes a world of difference.  hard to hide warts.  it can be done creatively.  what i am saying is that tempo-wise we died in game 1.  this is going to be a short playoffs if we are digging 13 point holes to climb out of.

these guys have to figure out a way to cloak rondo's warts, and i say it's more tempo, not necessarily run/gun but push push push.  and rondo for his part has to get off his @ss and learn to shoot, be consistently aggressive, etc if he ever aspires to achieve greatness.  i am beginning to worry that he already has achieved greatness in his own mind.  few other things would explain the FT miserableness and timidity this year.  he and biedrins had a nearly identical trajectory in falloff of FTA. 

lastly, i don't believe the notion that rondo "dominates everywhere else".  he CAN dominate everywhere else because of his physical gifts, but takes too many nights and plays off defensively and gambles too much. 

so he's got warts (shooting, not aggressive all the time) and he creates another big one by over-gambling for steals and his pick and roll defense is well below average, often times un-aggressive.  i have said on this board that it is my firm belief that if he bent the legs and played avery bradley style pest defense that he would cause infinitely more difficulties for the opposing teams.  only sporadically do we actually see this done. 

perhaps my largest frustration with rondo is the observation that his actions for portions of the regular season give the appearance that he is coasting, when given his need to get a full skill set in hand, he should be working all the time.  sort of the twon walker "i'm a veteran all star" approach, or "bored" with the game, whatever it is, there is no good excuse for it.

it's a question of give and take.  rondo gave away too much in game 1 b/t the sloggy first half and then the sloppy plays late, nearly cost us the game.  we need much better focus.  if avery bradley can torch douglas for 22 points, then rondo can tear the guy to pieces too, probably in every facet of the game.  we need that for game 2.  we need a decisive win to take the notion out of NY's mind that they can hang with us through 7 games.

so i guess i'm of the school of though that rondo can get a near triple double and there can still be a lot left to improve upon.  he sprays some lysol on the act with the extra rebounding.  sometimes it's steals.  sometimes it's first rate quarterbacking.  but it should NEVER be two turnovers late in a game like that or allowing the first half to be played in molasses.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Well, I cant really find any fault to your post.  You make all valid points. I guess all we can do is hope  Rondo was just feeling his way around game 1.  I thought with the rest he would be a speed demon.  I know what though , its the playoffs and I am not gonna make excuses for him this time of year. I give the whole team a pass for being rusty after a week off, but I expect a better effort from everyone tonight not named Jermaine O'neal.  He cant play any better than that.  It hard to believe with the greatest shooter arguably of all time in ray allen that he couldnt get Rondo on track........Like the Spurs game, he needs to have that attittude all the time..."leave me alone, I will make you Pay!"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

JayShizzle - Are you actually vacillating on Rondo???  He isn't perfect afterall ?
    No you have lost the tiny spec of credibility you may have had since you can't defend your most passionate beliefs.  Please put me back on ignore. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

[QUOTE]Rick Fox are you a Celtic or Laker fan? Who cares you're on ignore. God you are ridiculous. I feel sorry for all those of you I have on ignore that couldn't enjoy the win because Rondo isn't perfect or isn't Chris Paul.  "I don't forgive Rondo." ha ha ha haha no wonder I have El Dunko on ignore. Interesting how the negative Rondo people (Pud, Dud, Dunko) are some of the worst and most negative contributors to this board overall. It genuinely seems they hate rondo more than they enjoy the Celts winning. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

It is truely an honor for me to be on your ignore list.  thank you.  I choose however, to read your pathetic meaningless posts, so I can be reminded of how stupid some fans can be, which is also good for the team.  We need thoughtful contributors that can intelligently discuss and analyze ways the team could be better and then we need posters like you, JayShizzle and KYceltic for empty lite humor. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Eldunker.... Jay and BTS are NOT going to put you on IGNORE!

Never happen. N-E-V-E-R!!

Why????

They LUV to wail about the "Trolls" and how they have them on IGNORE....

and they can't wail and IGNORE simultaneously...

so they just wail about the importance of IGNORING!!!!

Quite a smokescreen.

Pud

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo being Rondo : A PG can fill up the stat sheets and still provide zero leadership... and the team plays like shyte. Rondo hits some easy, wide open jumpers and the offense is at a standstill, completely stagnant in the 1st half because that's all he is doing... hitting kindergarten jumpers, playing no defense and standing around, not attacking/pushing the tempo. Big deal. But that's Rondo being Rondo. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

That's pretty silly. You are saying you are mad because he took what the defense gave and converted it? yeah, it's terrible. Why did he shoot and hit a jumper 50% of the time when he could have passed to a double teamed Ray Allen? 

If the defense gives Rondo that jumper and he keeps making it that is a win for the celtics. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo being Rondo : That's pretty silly. You are saying you are mad because he took what the defense gave and converted it? yeah, it's terrible. Why did he shoot and hit a jumper 50% of the time when he could have passed to a double teamed Ray Allen?  If the defense gives Rondo that jumper and he keeps making it that is a win for the celtics. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

35% last night and ofer from the line...... stop hitting snooze......  he doesn't keep making it.... he mostly clangs it and it disrupts their offense that includes ummmmmm a lot better players / scorers......  why is Ray double teamed... um because Rondo is filming a deodorant commercial... um Doc why is nobody within 15 feet of me I took a shower today... well Rajon you have to reevaluate your deodorant choice.......  please start looking at things realistically and make at least a subtle attempt at being objective.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo being Rondo : 35% last night and ofer from the line...... stop hitting snooze......  he doesn't keep making it.... he mostly clangs it and it disrupts their offense that includes ummmmmm a lot better players / scorers......  why is Ray double teamed... um because Rondo is filming a deodorant commercial... um Doc why is nobody within 15 feet of me I took a shower today... well Rajon you have to reevaluate your deodorant choice.......  please start looking at things realistically and make at least a subtle attempt at being objective.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

These aren't fantasy league stats again are they? Next you're going to tell me Antwain Jamison is better than KG again. 

It's also, funny how suddenly you believe in shooting percentages isn't it? Well Rondo shoots 48% from the field.  Oops. Darn, looks like you are going to have to drop your whole 35% argument aren't you?  Shooting percentages don't only work when you can use them against a player you irrationally hate. 

You really should learn a little about the game.