RONDO CAN SHOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

RONDO CAN SHOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rondo shot tonight as well as I have ever seen him.  Hit dagger jumps shots over and over again.  I watched his form closely he just seemed so at ease and comfortable.  The rest of his game was just like what we have come to expect from him.  

I think Pud and Dudder must be especially thrilled to see the improvement in his shooting game. Let's hope it continues I believe it will for Rondo this was a breakthrough game for him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Re: RONDO CAN SHOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like I said on the game thread, I believe he THINKS too much about his shot or he worries about what other people say about his shooting.

If he would just relax and let it fly, his shot would improve. The jumpers he hit tonight, he wasn't just making them: he was SWISHING them.

It's a mind thing with Rondo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Pud is thrilled..Dudder DOES NOT WANT to see this. why? bc it hurts his arguments and he hates rondo.

difference between pud and dudder. pud is a fan, that doesnt care for Rondo but would be happy to see him improve. Dudder is not a fan, wants to see ROndo struggle so he can come on here and tell us hes the worst shooter in the league and hed rather have anyone else.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

great shooting form him tonight. now only if he can do it consistently.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The mechanics of his shot and the way he set(let's not forget they give him open shots) was what was so impressive.  He looked like a different player.  This was big for him. Let's hope it carries over because it could lead to a title.  Rondo did this against a team with the best record in a must game for both.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

I've said this before... it's all about confidence

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

he plays big in big games..triple double against the spurs, tonites game as well, great game against miami..great games in the playoffs. personally idc about the rest of the games..as long as he plays big in big games, we win #18

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to RONDO CAN SHOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Rondo shot tonight as well as I have ever seen him.  Hit dagger jumps shots over and over again.  I watched his form closely he just seemed so at ease and comfortable.  The rest of his game was just like what we have come to expect from him.   I think Pud and Dudder must be especially thrilled to see the improvement in his shooting game. Let's hope it continues I believe it will for Rondo this was a breakthrough game for him.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Lets see what young Rondo does when he shoots so well that he actually draws a bit of defensive attention and someone puts a hand in his face.

But that is something we will see somewhere down the line. Probably no time soon.

In the meantime, the Spurs can live with Rondo hitting open jumpers.

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

He had great form on his jumper tonight. I love to see him getting more and more confidant as they game went on.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: RONDO CAN SHOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to RONDO CAN SHOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : Lets see what young Rondo does when he shoots so well that he actually draws a bit of defensive attention and someone puts a hand in his face. But that is something we will see somewhere down the line. Probably no time soon. In the meantime, the Spurs can live with Rondo hitting open jumpers. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

you realize that players dont take shots with ppl right in there face..very few (kobe, manu, pierce,etc) actually take shots with ppl RITE THERE. if you watch kg, he takes open jumpers..if its not there, pass it. so if you want him to take shots with ppl rite in his face, you want him to be kinda selfish.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

im not gunna act like i dont know what you mean tho.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn313. Show rpn313's posts

Love the "WALL" that KG and BBD built in front of him to take that jumper... did you see that?  Must be a new play they put in just for him.

Rondo still struggling at the line though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pud, you are so wrong he will always get open jumpers because nobody wants him blowing by them as he surely will if they approach him.  I hope they try to cover him.  The offense will explode with all the open shots there will be.

Pud be happy it is good for the home team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to RONDO CAN SHOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : Lets see what young Rondo does when he shoots so well that he actually draws a bit of defensive attention and someone puts a hand in his face. But that is something we will see somewhere down the line. Probably no time soon. In the meantime, the Spurs can live with Rondo hitting open jumpers. Pud

WOW--IT MUST SUCK BEING YOU

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from thrombosis. Show thrombosis's posts

KGLove may be right that the improved shot it is about confidence.  But for me to believe in that, I would want to hear that he routinely hits that 17 footer at least 70% in practice and warm ups.  The ball was released softly off the tips of his fingers with nice backspin tonight. And as McHale kept saying, the release flowed  from a strong push off with good elevation.  We are so used to the ball coming off the heel of Rondo's hand, lacking both elevation and backspin.  Then the shot often hits the back of the rim hard and not on center.  His form and product was different tonight.  Does anyone posting who goes to the Garden early enought to see warm-ups know if he hits those jumpers 70% with similar form?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

[QUOTE]KGLove may be right that the improved shot it is about confidence.  But for me to believe in that, I would want to hear that he routinely hits that 17 footer at least 70% in practice and warm ups.  The ball was released softly off the tips of his fingers with nice backspin tonight. And as McHale kept saying, the release flowed  from a strong push off with good elevation.  We are so used to the ball coming off the heel of Rondo's hand, lacking both elevation and backspin.  Then the shot often hits the back of the rim hard and not on center.  His form and product was different tonight.  Does anyone posting who goes to the Garden early enought to see warm-ups know if he hits those jumpers 70% with similar form?
    Posted by thrombosis[/QUOTE]

No, its more like 68.7%

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RONDO CAN SHOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : you realize that players dont take shots with ppl right in there face..very few (kobe, manu, pierce,etc) actually take shots with ppl RITE THERE. if you watch kg, he takes open jumpers..if its not there, pass it. so if you want him to take shots with ppl rite in his face, you want him to be kinda selfish.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]
    Sadly he doesn`t realize that Instead of enjoying Rondo`s sensational performance like a real fan ,he was thinking of what lame foolishness he could say to poopoo it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]KGLove may be right that the improved shot it is about confidence.  But for me to believe in that, I would want to hear that he routinely hits that 17 footer at least 70% in practice and warm ups.  The ball was released softly off the tips of his fingers with nice backspin tonight. And as McHale kept saying, the release flowed  from a strong push off with good elevation.  We are so used to the ball coming off the heel of Rondo's hand, lacking both elevation and backspin.  Then the shot often hits the back of the rim hard and not on center.  His form and product was different tonight.  Does anyone posting who goes to the Garden early enought to see warm-ups know if he hits those jumpers 70% with similar form?
    Posted by thrombosis[/QUOTE]

doc and all his teammates have claimed that he nails that shot in practice with ease. ALL DAY. and i have seen him working out where he is hitting them. but everyone can hit shots during warmups. even shaq

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

You can't get up on rondo he is too fast. If he is hitting that jumper the celtics are pretty unbeatable. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Pud, you are so wrong he will always get open jumpers because nobody wants him blowing by them as he surely will if they approach him.  I hope they try to cover him.  The offense will explode with all the open shots there will be. Pud be happy it is good for the home team.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

The whole point is that Rondo must shoot well enough to draw defensive attention. He must be able to shoot his position.

If he can and does, everyone benefits, particularly his long suffering teammates who get doubled by Rondo's man.

Me wrong? Me .... along with every opposition coach in the NBA who unanimously disrespect his midrange game by leaving him open and daring him to shoot.

And if he dares to take it to the rim, your bigs  knock him down and force him to shoot FTs.

OOOps!

Pud

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhiskeyB. Show WhiskeyB's posts

Rondo looked great. He was everywhere tonight. Let's hope this builds his confidence. JO also looked super strong on D.  If we get him and Shaq for 15-20 minutes a night each in the playoffs... lookout.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"difference between pud and dudder"

disagree - both are Rondo hating trolls. Dud is a bit worse but they both prefer to hate Rondo than hope he improves. Even if Rondo plays well pud will make sure to bring up that he got kicked off the Olympic team, he's brought that up at least ten times before I put him on perma-ignore. Talking to him just encourages his hate as you have seen in this thread. 

Waynestarr on the other hand is a good example of a poster who has been very critical of Rondo but wants to see him succeed and the team win. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

well,last night the spurs died with Rondo hitting Js...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Rondo complained about being fatigued after being ran into the ground this season.

The day before the game he was very thankful he got another day of rest.

Maybe the guy was just fatigued... We talk about injuries a lot but that finger injury wasn't that big of a deal, and his shot has been there all season. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Rondo looked very smooth with his jumpers last night (all i saw was the 2nd half). Most all swished as he was left wide open.

It will take more than one game for defenses to respect his shot and ROndo has shown an inability to be a consistently good shooter.  However, it was nice to see and hopefully not a fluke. If he can nail them 45-50% of the time, we're in great shape.

Someone posted that Rondo hits these shots all the time in practice. Thats probaly so but practice isnt a real game and theres a million stories about how great someone is in practice but cant bring it during a game.

Wilt was a great example. Hes legendary on alot of fronts.. one of them being a horrible FT shooter.. Yet, they always said in practice he'd drill 30 in a row from the line all the time.

Also, ROndos shots are wide open... when a defender is forced to give him some attention, Rondo's FG% wont drop cause he's not gonna take that shot with defensive pressure on, hes gonna blow by the guy like hes his grandma and wreak havoc in the lane.   Thing is, Rondo needs to keep hitting these shots for that to happen. Spurs was one game, lets hope it continues

Sections
Shortcuts