Rondo care tonight?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

Re: Rondo care tonight?

In Response to Re: Rondo care tonight?:
    [QUOTE]I said ealier this week that this team takes on Rondo's personality. He looked like he wanted to be somewhere else besides playing in Philly last night. I don't get it. I think we'll win but why do the C's always get these young, up and coming teams...2008 Hawks, 2009 Magic, 2010 Bulls and now Philly. We alwys make things harder than they should be. I don't know why Doc will not play Pavs. They constantly drove in the lane all night but I think the C's will step up defensively on Sat and end this thing....if Rondo gets a nap and wants to actually play.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

The reason they take on his personality is because he dominates the ball all the time.  When he is pushing making things happen it great.  When he dribbles the ball for 18 seconds its bad. It looks like he wants to catch Ray curling but Ray don't curl no more.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE] Rondo has the ball in his hands 85% of the time, if KG, Bass and Pierce are hitting the outside shot, i could give them the ball and get 10 assist per game, Rondo as i have said before, is the worst finisher in the league. Why, because he is looking to pass not score, and he is also trying to avoid contact so he won't have to shoot free throws!!  If Westbrook played for the Celtics, this series would have ended last night, because he would have known we needed someone to score and dropped 30 on the 6'ers. Rondo is not capable of doing that!!  Rondo has too many flaws in his game to ever be considered a top flight point guard!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Wow, I thought you only hated Pierce.  Now its Rondo too.  Are you really a Celtic fan or a fair weather fan.  Last I heard from you was Pierce was playing for the Sixers more than he was the Celtics. Funny, hurt and all and he still is bringing a pretty good game each game.  His shot is off and he is still putting up the numbers.  If only Ray would throw in a good game once in a while.  He still has it in him i think. One thing about it Kevin and Paul has brought it nearly every game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo care tonight? : and i think i remember you saying you wanted him traded..diff is, cabutan, you admit it. there are fans on here that one day are with Rondo, one day arent. fans that one day say "oh we love rondo hes so good" and next day "rondo sucks, we need to trade him." its pathetic and unloyal to our Celtics! how can you like the C's but hate their best player?? ok, he is inconsistent, how is that different than neone else on the team? seriously, i wish someone would tell me someone on our team that is consistently good. 
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

I know your the biggest Rondo supporter her but there are two other guys that we aren't winning without either and that Paul and Kevin. Both of these guys have been pretty consistant with their games. They have both played good defense and put points on the board. Rondo gets a lot of assists from Bass and KG put PP usually gets his on his own. You might want to spread the praise a little to the other guys. Rondo's best attribute is he can make people like Hollins , steamer and Ray look good.  When he doesn't do that , then he is not playing his best ball. We need 20 pts and 12 assists and in your face defense from Rondo and then he has played a great game. He can do it too. I kind of agree with some of the others, it sometimes looks like he doesn't know what to do if he can't drive and dish.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Rondo care tonight?:
    [QUOTE]Walking up court, not taking ball up court....as he goes, we go.....as he walks....we lose.  I hate when they play like they are bored.
    Posted by mabjrb[/QUOTE]

I don't think it was that he didn't care nor was he bored.  He was trying to control the game and he thought walking through plays the way he wanted people to be running the play was going to be effective.  It wasn't.   He wasn't in "attack" mode, he was in "I'm in control" mode.  That was an ineffective approach as it allows Philly to set their defense and stop us too often.

He needs to ATTACK them, instead.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo care tonight? : The reason they take on his personality is because he dominates the ball all the time.  When he is pushing making things happen it great.  When he dribbles the ball for 18 seconds its bad. It looks like he wants to catch Ray curling but Ray don't curl no more.
    Posted by lakerfaker[/QUOTE]

That's the most succinct statement of the "Rondo Issue" that I've heard.  He can be superman or the goat because he is the controller of the game for us.  He creates or he kills our pace.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo care tonight? : I know your the biggest Rondo supporter her but there are two other guys that we aren't winning without either and that Paul and Kevin. Both of these guys have been pretty consistant with their games. They have both played good defense and put points on the board. Rondo gets a lot of assists from Bass and KG put PP usually gets his on his own. You might want to spread the praise a little to the other guys. Rondo's best attribute is he can make people like Hollins , steamer and Ray look good.  When he doesn't do that , then he is not playing his best ball. We need 20 pts and 12 assists and in your face defense from Rondo and then he has played a great game. He can do it too. I kind of agree with some of the others, it sometimes looks like he doesn't know what to do if he can't drive and dish.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

i realized that i spend too much time DEFENDING Rondo and it makes it seem like i only care abt him and dont like anyone else on the team..its not the case, its just that noone else on the team gets the shellacking that Rondo gets, despite the fact that they are NOT as consistent as people think. are they consistent enough for me? absolutely. But according to the ppls guidelines for consistency, no starter has been consistently good. look at KG's dissappearing act the last couple games, and Paul is either engaged or not engaged as well, theres no denying it. i mean, Rondo is averaging 14,13 and 7 for the series yet ppl say he is too inconsistent in the playoffs?

also, i agree with you and others that he struggles wen he doesnt drive and dish. his issue is, he is either in score mode all game, or he is in dish mode all game..he hasnt found a healthy medium yet, and thats where his evolution over the years will help us. its not that he CANT. its that he WONT at times.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Rondo care tonight? : I don't think it was that he didn't care nor was he bored.  He was trying to control the game and he thought walking through plays the way he wanted people to be running the play was going to be effective.  It wasn't.   He wasn't in "attack" mode, he was in "I'm in control" mode.  That was an ineffective approach as it allows Philly to set their defense and stop us too often. He needs to ATTACK them, instead.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

ABSOLUTELY.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I find it amazing that people continue to give Rondo a hard time.  The Celtics only have three good players at this point and he is one of them.

Maybe some other guys need to step up?  Maybe?

Maybe having a an average PF, a way below average SG (because of the injury) and no bench is the issue?

Nah it's rondo.  You guys know your hoops.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo care tonight? : That's the most succinct statement of the "Rondo Issue" that I've heard.  He can be superman or the goat because he is the controller of the game for us.  He creates or he kills our pace.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

And it all depends on what sort of mood he is in.... and only he has any (however minimal) control over that.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Rondo had a bad game but anyone who blames him and him alone for the loss last night has no understanding of basketball.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" And it all depends on what sort of mood he is in"

Yawn. It also depends on whether Ray Allen is playing on one leg or two, whether KG is allowing himself to be totally pushed off the block, and whether his teammates are missing open jumpers to the tune of less than 40 percent shooting. 

But no, it's all Rondo's fault. 

You are useless. Back to ignore. 

By the way I haven't seen you posting much after wins, you seem to like posting most after losses, especially ones where Rondo plays badly. What does that say about you exactly? 

Not too different than dud mabye who hasn't had the stones to show up here after stupidly predicting a first round exit for the Celts this year. He has an even harder time than you with the team winning.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]" And it all depends on what sort of mood he is in" Yawn. It also depends on whether Ray Allen is playing on one leg or two, whether KG is allowing himself to be totally pushed off the block, and whether his teammates are missing open jumpers to the tune of less than 40 percent shooting.  But no, it's all Rondo's fault.  You are useless. Back to ignore.  By the way I haven't seen you posting much after wins, you seem to like posting most after losses, especially ones where Rondo plays badly. What does that say about you exactly?  Not too different than dud mabye who hasn't had the stones to show up here after stupidly predicting a first round exit for the Celts this year. He has an even harder time than you with the team winning.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

i said the same thing last night. and its true, he never comes on here after a win, and almost NEVER when Rondo has a huge game, unless its to nitpick something he did wrong ( "22 14 and 12 yea but he let his guy score 6 points! and missed a free throw!)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo care tonight? : and i think i remember you saying you wanted him traded..diff is, cabutan, you admit it. there are fans on here that one day are with Rondo, one day arent. fans that one day say "oh we love rondo hes so good" and next day "rondo sucks, we need to trade him." its pathetic and unloyal to our Celtics! how can you like the C's but hate their best player?? ok, he is inconsistent, how is that different than neone else on the team? seriously, i wish someone would tell me someone on our team that is consistently good. 

I am not sure Rondo is the best on the team. He has a ton of talent when he applies it. And yes, finally, you admit to his inconsistency. And here is how his inconcsistency is different from other teammates. He checks out when inconsistent. He just dissappears. Whereas Pierce continues to shoot and grind and hustle and attempt to get to the line. Same with KG. If shot is not falling, he is trying to grab boards or staunchly defend his man or Rondo's. You take the Rondo criticism to hard Jamez. All Celts fans just want him to turn it on and leave it on for the playoffs. He is capable of dropping 25 plus and the Celts need that since Ray is just not playing well at all.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Reasons we lost: A. Holiday and Williams CONSISTENTLY burned Rondo and Pietrus in the 4th qtr B. Bass shot 2 for 12 !!!! C. Rondo and Pierce had 4 turnovers each (half the team total) D. Rondo walked the ball up the court vs creating pace and pressure on their D E. ray played terrible D in the first half (but it was irrelevant in the 4th qtr as his man, Turner, didn't have the ball) F. Rondo shot 4 for 14 and Ray shot 4 for 11: not great guard play! G. Overall, Philly shot 46% with 12 TO's and Boston shot 33% with 16 TO's. H. We had 5 points from our bench and 8 pts from our power forward position. I. Pietrus played 35 mins while Ray played 26 and Bass played 27. In that time MP had 5 pts and 4 rebounds. Ray had 9 pts and 3 rebounds. Surprising stat of the night: Boston out rebounded Philly 48 to 37!!! Clearly, Rondo was not the only culprit. He had his issues clearly and especially not putting pressure on their D, but we lost as a team and everyone contributed to the loss.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo care tonight? : I am not sure Rondo is the best on the team. He has a ton of talent when he applies it. And yes, finally, you admit to his inconsistency. And here is how his inconcsistency is different from other teammates. He checks out when inconsistent. He just dissappears. Whereas Pierce continues to shoot and grind and hustle and attempt to get to the line. Same with KG. If shot is not falling, he is trying to grab boards or staunchly defend his man or Rondo's. You take the Rondo criticism to hard Jamez. All Celts fans just want him to turn it on and leave it on for the playoffs. He is capable of dropping 25 plus and the Celts need that since Ray is just not playing well at all.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

and this is where you get caught up. 

1. Rondo was taking shots and driving to the basket ALL NIGHT last nite..just wasnt knocking nething down. took 14 shots. there are times when pierce completely dissappears from the offense, where he isnt even touching the ball.

2. Rondo had SEVERAL offensive rebounds (led team) and key steals throughout the game, was active in those roles the whole night. tho he didnt play good defense last nite, ive already stated as much

so you give pierce a pass in bad games, saying he keeps shooting and helps in other areas, when rondo is doing the SAME THING! yet for Rondo its him checking out. and its not fair, which is why im so tough on this forum, bc i see the inconsistencies in POSTERS, where they give certain players passes for whatever reason.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

the whole team stunk last night.....hopefully they got it out of their system and will come out strong on saturday.....the news about bradley hurts though

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]all i gotta say is, when Rondo proves all of you guys wrong YET AGAIN on Saturday, dont bother saying nething. dont be fake and praise him and call him amazing, just dont say anything. 

more mental midgetry- when rondo performs great, i have often noted it- in fact his ONE good outside shooting game this playoffs- he was so "on" that he was a threat to the other team and they had to come out on him and guard him which resulted in automatic blow-by's for even more points.

it was the first time i had EVER seen that happen in 6 years.  few people other than yourself fawn over rondo through thick and thin to the point of blind adulation under all circumstances and "he can do no wrong" status.

sure, it's just a matter of time until rondo performs well again.  what has he cost us in the mean time?  at least two extra games in this playoffs as ATL and PHI have gone on way too long.  arguably three extra games.

yep, it's putting a lot on rondo- he is the weather vane for this old team.  there's no reason he can't be a positive force havoc-maker for us ALL NIGHTS out there on the floor- and it wouldn't even have to be the same every night- lock down defense- he sure can do it- but rarely ever does...  outside shooting- mechanics and form are not nearly as bad as the results.  he's never HAD to achieve results to get playing time or a contract extension, so you don't see results.

the celts have built a dysfunctional culture around darling rondo.  the obvious results of it are not lost upon most fans.  the fact that he grinds out huge assist numbers while most of the time absolving himself from any significant scoring responsibility and/or effectiveness is not a big shocker....  but apparently, stats are enough for you.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo care tonight? : and this is where you get caught up.  1. Rondo was taking shots and driving to the basket ALL NIGHT last nite..just wasnt knocking nething down. took 14 shots. there are times when pierce completely dissappears from the offense, where he isnt even touching the ball. 2. Rondo had SEVERAL offensive rebounds (led team) and key steals throughout the game, was active in those roles the whole night. tho he didnt play good defense last nite, ive already stated as much so you give pierce a pass in bad games, saying he keeps shooting and helps in other areas, when rondo is doing the SAME THING! yet for Rondo its him checking out. and its not fair, which is why im so tough on this forum, bc i see the inconsistencies in POSTERS, where they give certain players passes for whatever reason.

I don't give anyone passes when they play like crap. I already said the Celts played like garbage as a team many times this postseason. You just never seem to see any negative in Rondo's game. He has youth and talent and the Cs need all that he can be. I guess you view that as too much pressure on one man. But the Celts need him to be at his best every game. Fact. And he has not been. I cut some slack to the aging players perhaps. Age is a factor. And Doc burns those legs into the ground.
    And Rondo was not driving to the basket all night. He was handing the ball over to the likes of KG, Pierce and Allen at midcourt many times. He did take 14 shots. But he is too concerned at times with the assist that he tends to not take layups or shots inside the paint. He can't be fearful of being fouled either. Just step up to the line and knock down the majority of freebies.
    And sorry, but Rondo does not continue his efforts. He checks out. But hey, you see it your way and I see it the way many see it. But in the end, I expect all players to contribute all game long even when they are not at their best.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

From ESPN
    Seems like what most posters are saying.

I'm not sure what was more exasperating on Wednesday night: Watching the Boston Celtics fail once again to win a closeout game on the road -- a game they could have won -- or wondering what was going on with Rajon Rondo?

The Celtics' inability to finish the job, especially in a roadie, does not, unfortunately, constitute a news bulletin. Their record since 2008 is 2-11. Rondo's play, or his seemingly indifferent approach to the game, also does not, unfortunately, constitute a news bulletin.

Rajon Rondo
    Jim Davis/Getty ImagesWill Rajon Rondo rise from his Game 6 funk and take over Game 7 like the Celtics need him to?

One thing Doc Rivers doesn't have to worry about Saturday night -- or any game night, for that matter -- is what kind of effort he's going to get from Kevin Garnett. The Big Ticket may not play well, but he is going to give you everything he has, every game. You will never read a story that hinted that KG was not into the game, for whatever reason. You can say the same thing for Ray Allen (who clearly is nowhere close to his usual self) or Paul Pierce.

You can be sure that Saturday night's Game 7 will have sufficient "juice" -- that's KG's phrase -- for Rondo to come to play. You can book a triple-double right now and go wait in the collection line for the payoff.

But what was his story Wednesday night? Did that game not contain sufficient "juice" for him? A possible series-clincher, a guaranteed berth in the Eastern Conference finals?

Clearly it didn't, judging from the game he played. Paul Pierce gave him a playful (we think) smack on the noggin to try to get him going. But Rondo was in some alternative universe for much of the game. He missed 10 of the 14 shots he took. He finished with nine points. He did have nine rebounds, but could muster only six assists.

Six assists? He will have that many before the first quarter is over on Saturday night.

And such is the conundrum that defines Rajon Rondo. Celtics fans have come to accept that there will be nights when he seems detached or uninterested. Or that he will do something stupid (end of Game 1, Atlanta) or that he will make a clueless play at a critical time of a big game (end of Game 2, Philadelphia).

But he is almost always forgiven because he usually comes back strong after a curiously subpar outing and is universally recognized as the most critical player on the Celtics, especially on offense. So we've learned to live with the real Rondo and the Stepford Rondo. In all honesty, what choice do we have? It's not like Keyon Dooling is going to step in and take his job.

But if you've ever wondered why on earth the Celtics would explore trading Rondo -- and they have, despite all claims to the contrary -- it is not because of his limitations as a player. It's because of his limitations as a leader, which he should be by now, even on this team.

Leaders don't throw a ball at a referee. Leaders don't bump a referee. Leaders don't show up when they feel like it. That the Celtics rely so heavily on Rondo to set the pace makes him beyond critical to their offense.

But on a night when they could have, some might say should have, advanced, he had six assists and the team scored 75 points. He had at least 13 assists in each of the previous five playoff games. The last time he had fewer than six assists was on March 9, when he had five in just 26 minutes in a home rout of Portland. They didn't need him that nite.

But they sure did on Wednesday. And there was every reason to expect the Rondo from Game 5 would show up. He had been spectacular in that game, especially in the second half, with Rivers saluting his star by saying it was his best overall game of the season. Rondo had it. He imposed his will on the game, he gave the Celtics leadership and direction, a purpose, and the team ran away to a dominating victory.

Where was that Rondo?

"I don't know; he wanted to play well," Rivers said. "I thought he attacked early and missed some shots. He probably got caught in between himself, because he saw that the offense wasn't working, so I thought he was kind of trying to orchestrate the offense and trying to go, and he probably got caught in the middle tonight. It happens. He'll be better."

He doesn't have to be better, Doc. He's good enough. He has to want to be there and seize the moment. He just was named to the All-NBA third team -- he got four first-place votes -- so it's not a question of him being better.

My guess is that we'll see Rondo 2.0 on Saturday night. And if that is indeed the case, all will be forgiven as the Celtics contemplate another series. But it's still fair to wonder: What does it take to fully engage this complicated but immensely talented young man?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]From ESPN Seems like what most posters are saying. I'm not sure what was more exasperating on Wednesday night: Watching the Boston Celtics fail once again to win a closeout game on the road -- a game they could have won -- or wondering what was going on with Rajon Rondo ? The Celtics' inability to finish the job, especially in a roadie, does not, unfortunately, constitute a news bulletin. Their record since 2008 is 2-11. Rondo's play, or his seemingly indifferent approach to the game, also does not, unfortunately, constitute a news bulletin. Jim Davis/Getty Images Will Rajon Rondo rise from his Game 6 funk and take over Game 7 like the Celtics need him to? One thing Doc Rivers doesn't have to worry about Saturday night -- or any game night, for that matter -- is what kind of effort he's going to get from Kevin Garnett . The Big Ticket may not play well, but he is going to give you everything he has, every game. You will never read a story that hinted that KG was not into the game, for whatever reason. You can say the same thing for Ray Allen (who clearly is nowhere close to his usual self) or Paul Pierce . You can be sure that Saturday night's Game 7 will have sufficient "juice" -- that's KG's phrase -- for Rondo to come to play. You can book a triple-double right now and go wait in the collection line for the payoff. But what was his story Wednesday night? Did that game not contain sufficient "juice" for him? A possible series-clincher, a guaranteed berth in the Eastern Conference finals? Clearly it didn't, judging from the game he played. Paul Pierce gave him a playful (we think) smack on the noggin to try to get him going. But Rondo was in some alternative universe for much of the game. He missed 10 of the 14 shots he took. He finished with nine points. He did have nine rebounds, but could muster only six assists. Six assists? He will have that many before the first quarter is over on Saturday night. And such is the conundrum that defines Rajon Rondo. Celtics fans have come to accept that there will be nights when he seems detached or uninterested. Or that he will do something stupid (end of Game 1, Atlanta) or that he will make a clueless play at a critical time of a big game (end of Game 2, Philadelphia). ESPN Boston Radio with Adam Jones True Hoops' Henry Abbott on the Celtics-Sixers and other NBA notes More Podcasts » But he is almost always forgiven because he usually comes back strong after a curiously subpar outing and is universally recognized as the most critical player on the Celtics, especially on offense. So we've learned to live with the real Rondo and the Stepford Rondo. In all honesty, what choice do we have? It's not like Keyon Dooling is going to step in and take his job. But if you've ever wondered why on earth the Celtics would explore trading Rondo -- and they have, despite all claims to the contrary -- it is not because of his limitations as a player. It's because of his limitations as a leader, which he should be by now, even on this team. Leaders don't throw a ball at a referee. Leaders don't bump a referee. Leaders don't show up when they feel like it. That the Celtics rely so heavily on Rondo to set the pace makes him beyond critical to their offense. But on a night when they could have, some might say should have , advanced, he had six assists and the team scored 75 points. He had at least 13 assists in each of the previous five playoff games. The last time he had fewer than six assists was on March 9, when he had five in just 26 minutes in a home rout of Portland. They didn't need him that nite. But they sure did on Wednesday. And there was every reason to expect the Rondo from Game 5 would show up. He had been spectacular in that game, especially in the second half, with Rivers saluting his star by saying it was his best overall game of the season. Rondo had it. He imposed his will on the game, he gave the Celtics leadership and direction, a purpose, and the team ran away to a dominating victory. Where was that Rondo? "I don't know; he wanted to play well," Rivers said. "I thought he attacked early and missed some shots. He probably got caught in between himself, because he saw that the offense wasn't working, so I thought he was kind of trying to orchestrate the offense and trying to go, and he probably got caught in the middle tonight. It happens. He'll be better." He doesn't have to be better, Doc. He's good enough. He has to want to be there and seize the moment. He just was named to the All-NBA third team -- he got four first-place votes -- so it's not a question of him being better. My guess is that we'll see Rondo 2.0 on Saturday night. And if that is indeed the case, all will be forgiven as the Celtics contemplate another series. But it's still fair to wonder: What does it take to fully engage this complicated but immensely talented young man?
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I like limitations as a leader. Similar issues it seems with Lakers Bynum. Can't figure out why athletes show up some times and not others especially is this shortened season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo care tonight? : Interesting. I like limitations as a leader. Similar issues it seems with Lakers Bynum. Can't figure out why athletes show up some times and not others especially is this shortened season.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]
    Great point with Bynum as well. I think Rondo is light years ahead in his intelligence, but the fact remains as Rondo goes so go the Celtics.

The distressing thing was the Philly guards driving relentessly to the basket in games 4 and 6.  How do we stop that without Bradley or a defensively engaged Rondo.  Maybe we shoot the lights out and just beat them that way.

The problem remains if we win or it ends if we lose.  Dwayne Wade is doing cartwheels with Bradley down. What a season of injuries? This alone has defined our season.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo care tonight? : Great point with Bynum as well. I think Rondo is light years ahead in his intelligence, but the fact remains as Rondo goes so go the Celtics. The distressing thing was the Philly guards driving relentessly to the basket in games 4 and 6.  How do we stop that without Bradley or a defensively engaged Rondo.  Maybe we shoot the lights out and just beat them that way. The problem remains if we win or it ends if we lose.  Dwayne Wade is doing cartwheels with Bradley down. What a season of injuries? This alone has defined our season.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

At some point players need to man up and play some D. This zone defense has made tough man on man D soft and almost a thing of the past. Rondo just needs to gamble a whole lot less and play straight up D. In doing so, it will help the likes of KG and others not having to constantly switch to pick up his man. It would help too if Allen could step up is D for a game.
    The only way to shoot lights out is to keep fresh legs coming into the game. Shorter rotations. More short subbing. Doc has to keep the old legs as fresh as possible so they have lift to hit the jumpers. Mix the bench in more throughout the entire game. Quick changes. Fresh legs. Cs win by 8.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo care tonight? : more mental midgetry- when rondo performs great, i have often noted it- in fact his ONE good outside shooting game this playoffs- he was so "on" that he was a threat to the other team and they had to come out on him and guard him which resulted in automatic blow-by's for even more points. it was the first time i had EVER seen that happen in 6 years.  few people other than yourself fawn over rondo through thick and thin to the point of blind adulation under all circumstances and "he can do no wrong" status. sure, it's just a matter of time until rondo performs well again.  what has he cost us in the mean time?  at least two extra games in this playoffs as ATL and PHI have gone on way too long.  arguably three extra games. yep, it's putting a lot on rondo- he is the weather vane for this old team.  there's no reason he can't be a positive force havoc-maker for us ALL NIGHTS out there on the floor- and it wouldn't even have to be the same every night- lock down defense- he sure can do it- but rarely ever does...  outside shooting- mechanics and form are not nearly as bad as the results.  he's never HAD to achieve results to get playing time or a contract extension, so you don't see results. the celts have built a dysfunctional culture around darling rondo.  the obvious results of it are not lost upon most fans.  the fact that he grinds out huge assist numbers while most of the time absolving himself from any significant scoring responsibility and/or effectiveness is not a big shocker....  but apparently, stats are enough for you.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately stats are not only enough for Jamez but stats and individual honors are enough for R9R too.

This notion is certainly not lost on management.

Yes it is a lot on R9R's plate... but when he claims to be the best PG in the league, expectations go thru the roof.

Put up or shut up.

Pud

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

gee, looks like pud's humping acie again. gotta love that. certainly indeed. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

If Rondo has a great game C's win. He must defend the whole court! He needs to be careful not to gamble too much on steals etc.

Sections
Shortcuts