Rondo care tonight?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mabjrb. Show mabjrb's posts

Rondo care tonight?

Walking up court, not taking ball up court....as he goes, we go.....as he walks....we lose.  I hate when they play like they are bored.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Rondo care tonight?

Rondo probably still sky high, enjoying the all-defense award to really get into the game.

First things first... you know.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Rondo care tonight?:
    Walking up court, not taking ball up court....as he goes, we go.....as he walks....we lose.  I hate when they play like they are bored.
    Posted by mabjrb

Not true.

He ran up the court many times in the second quarter and third quarter, but all four other guys were behind him.  Rondo just felt that he have no one to pass to.

Rondo is probably the best up and down hustler guy on the team tonite, but he is more awful on the half court offense set.  He missed way too many layup.  I have never seen him missing that many layups.  He hurted the celtics big time on the half court offense set!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo care tonight?:
    In Response to Rondo care tonight? : Not true. He ran up the court many times in the second quarter and third quarter, but all four other guys were behind him.  Rondo just felt that he have no one to pass to. Rondo is probably the best up and down hustler guy on the team tonite, but he is more awful on the half court offense set.  He missed way too many layup.  I have never seen him missing that many layups.  He hurted the celtics big time on the half court offense set!!
    Posted by GoUconn13

he didn't do us any wonders on defense, did he?  holliday with 20 pts...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Rondo care tonight? : Not true. He ran up the court many times in the second quarter and third quarter, but all four other guys were behind him.  Rondo just felt that he have no one to pass to. Rondo is probably the best up and down hustler guy on the team tonite, but he is more awful on the half court offense set.  He missed way too many layup.  I have never seen him missing that many layups.  He hurted the celtics big time on the half court offense set!!
    Posted by GoUconn13

thank you..i saw this too. idk if fans want rondo to just go 1 on 4 or 1 on 5, but you cant run wen your teammates dont run with you.

however, he didnt have a good game running the offense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Rondo probably still sky high, enjoying the all-defense award to really get into the game. First things first... you know. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

funny how you always wait for a bad game by Rondo to show up on the board..strange.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rondo cannot do it all. Who would have thought the drop off for Bass would be 2 for 12.  Rondo cannot do it all but without Bradley he will have play well enough that we can win four games in each series . Let's see if he can in this one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

rondo can't do it all.  but he can play good fundamental defense.  just the same way avery bradley does.  he's got all the tools.   but he won't do it.  any given night, THAT (action by rondo) could be a difference maker in getting a few stops (NOTE: not "steals" that he gambles for) and swinging momentum.

MOST of the PG's in the league are not as fast as rondo.  we watched rondo give lebwrong james fits on defense last year.  rondo can do anything he wants regarding quickness as it applies to fundamental D.  the problem is he rarely applies fundamental D.

no way holliday should bag 20 points and i almost puked on the first quarter rondo-gambles-and-turner-stuffs-the-ball play.  just one example of it.  but this is the rondo some have grown to love.  disinterested, mercurial, nowhere near reaching his potential.  he can throw a triple double any given night or let his (inferior) man be a key player for the other team the next night

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

This is the problem with rondo - he takes games off all the time. 

4 points in the first half and he was complete disinterested all night.

He will never be a superstar because he doesn't play every night.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

so if he's disinterested in the playoffs game 6 eastern semi-finals....  and that disinterest is instrumental in extending the series to an uncessary game 7 for our old injured legs, what good is he REALLY?

this guy makes you feel great when he plays a game where he visibly tries 100%- the results are usually fantastic, he is a pest for the other team, initiator of our offense, gets us easy break points because of his defense, and then you have the turdlogs like last night.

he gives the perception to some as "always improving" yet still in the 50's % range for free throws- a complete anathema for a so-called elite point guard.  he's INTERESTED in getting assists so he gets them easily and plentifully.  he's NOT intersted in becoming a good FT shooter, so he doesn't do it.  he's NOT primarily or secondarily in lock down defense any given night- but IS generally interested in tabulating steal statistics, without particular regard for the adverse effects of his excessive gambling to get those stats.

meanwhile he has the skills to get even more steals than he does by simply applying his physical talents to fundamental keep your man in front of you defense. 

i know, too much thinkering.  we should just be glad that he does as much (however much or little) as he does for us any given night.  this is the new nba where team is second and personal whim is first.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo care tonight? : he didn't do us any wonders on defense, did he?  holliday with 20 pts...
    Posted by aciemvp

Was Rondo being picked by a high post player every time Holliday run around the screen?

I think next time Boston play them, make them shoot!!!  They allowed them to drive to the basket every time in the fourth quarter.  I would take a high chance to make them shoot 15 to 20 footers.  They will not make all of them like they made every single layups in the forth quarter!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rondo is brilliant and impossible to predict.  We all need to hold our breath on Saturday.  If he does not appear in his best form we will lose.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I said ealier this week that this team takes on Rondo's personality. He looked like he wanted to be somewhere else besides playing in Philly last night. I don't get it.

I think we'll win but why do the C's always get these young, up and coming teams...2008 Hawks, 2009 Magic, 2010 Bulls and now Philly. We alwys make things harder than they should be.

I don't know why Doc will not play Pavs. They constantly drove in the lane all night but I think the C's will step up defensively on Sat and end this thing....if Rondo gets a nap and wants to actually play.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

This is the problem with rondo - he takes games off all the time.  4 points in the first half and he was complete disinterested all night. He will never be a superstar because he doesn't play every night.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost

+1

It's funny that some claim he is better then Deron Williams and Chris Paul because they never won a championship.

Who's the best players Paul has played with before this season? Kaman and David West? LOL.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mabjrb. Show mabjrb's posts

Put on game 4 and you can see....and hear ROndo as he flies around and barks out for offensive sets.  Watch game 5 and he is not the same Rondo.  You can sum up his effort on one of his turn-overs as he walks back on defense watching Brand on his drive to the hoop.  Even on his bad nights he should still use his speed and effort.  Come on game 7!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

I couldn't agree more. It is quite obvious if he wants to play, we win. If he does play, we win Saturday. If he diverts to passing the ball up the sideline to Ray or someone else, we lose. Moore needs to play. Could he be any worse than Dooling for 8 minutes? We don't have a chance next round with our guard rotation as is. Our "others" have to perform at home. There has to be a third scorer and Pierce and Garnett have to play well. I am confident we can win at home. Though, will be on pins and needles until.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

I said ealier this week that this team takes on Rondo's personality. He looked like he wanted to be somewhere else besides playing in Philly last night. I don't get it. I think we'll win but why do the C's always get these young, up and coming teams...2008 Hawks, 2009 Magic, 2010 Bulls and now Philly. We alwys make things harder than they should be. I don't know why Doc will not play Pavs. They constantly drove in the lane all night but I think the C's will step up defensively on Sat and end this thing....if Rondo gets a nap and wants to actually play.
    Posted by BiasLewis

I think it's not a big deal anyway but the Celtics didn't play against Chicago in 2010.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

The adjusments  made by phillie were brilliant..they went after Rondo hard and made him play defense..I think their approach was to frustrate him defensively, so that he would not have such a free ride on offese...they will continue untli Boston shows they can solve...too many lay ups!!!

counter move Doc..1.we must help defensively when they attack him..2
    .tell rondo to lay back a little on defense, so that the guy can;t get past him so easily...of put a taller guy on that little speedster of theirs...
    Turner is too strong for RA....Pa/Sasha/
    the other guy coming off the bench also did some serous damage..Williams?
    Doc had talked of this earlier that now Without AB, Rondo would have a much harder time defensively and may affect him..offensively...have to find the right balance..that works...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Rondo has the ball in his hands 85% of the time, if KG, Bass and Pierce are hitting the outside shot, i could give them the ball and get 10 assist per game, Rondo as i have said before, is the worst finisher in the league. Why, because he is looking to pass not score, and he is also trying to avoid contact so he won't have to shoot free throws!!  If Westbrook played for the Celtics, this series would have ended last night, because he would have known we needed someone to score and dropped 30 on the 6'ers. Rondo is not capable of doing that!!  Rondo has too many flaws in his game to ever be considered a top flight point guard!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Rondo is brilliant and impossible to predict.  We all need to hold our breath on Saturday.  If he does not appear in his best form we will lose.

Posted by concord27

+++1

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo care tonight? : I think it's not a big deal anyway but the Celtics didn't play against Chicago in 2010.
    Posted by Fields4

Didn't we play the Bulls in a 7th game in Boston one year when we lost the first game of the series? I thought it was 2010?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo care tonight? : Didn't we play the Bulls in a 7th game in Boston one year when we lost the first game of the series? I thought it was 2010?
    Posted by BiasLewis

It was 2009Wink

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

all i gotta say is, when Rondo proves all of you guys wrong YET AGAIN on Saturday, dont bother saying nething. dont be fake and praise him and call him amazing, just dont say anything. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

all i gotta say is, when Rondo proves all of you guys wrong YET AGAIN on Saturday, dont bother saying nething. dont be fake and praise him and call him amazing, just dont say anything. 

Posted by JamezHill24

Well I gotta admit, I was one of the people wanting him to be traded before the deadline and I am more than glad Doc and Ainge didnt listen to me  cuz he has proven to be the best point guard.. I bet you he will do fine on Saturday but lets be honest, and this does not only apply to Rondo, the C's consistency has been a pandora box all year long...I will take a win or a loss. I think C's did really great considering what happened all season long..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo care tonight? :   Well I gotta admit, I was one of the people wanting him to be traded before the deadline and I am more than glad Doc and Ainge didnt listen to me  cuz he has proven to be the best point guard.. I bet you he will do fine on Saturday but lets be honest, and this does not only apply to Rondo, the C's consistency has been a pandora box all year long...I will take a win or a loss. I think C's did really great considering what happened all season long..
    Posted by cabutan

and i think i remember you saying you wanted him traded..diff is, cabutan, you admit it. there are fans on here that one day are with Rondo, one day arent. fans that one day say "oh we love rondo hes so good" and next day "rondo sucks, we need to trade him." its pathetic and unloyal to our Celtics! how can you like the C's but hate their best player?? ok, he is inconsistent, how is that different than neone else on the team? seriously, i wish someone would tell me someone on our team that is consistently good. 

Sections
Shortcuts