1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Rondo commits 14 turnovers in the last two games

Rondo throws some really bad passes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Re: Rondo commits 14 turnovers in the last two games

I will be so happy when Rondo is gone.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

TO are a silly stat for a PG especially one bad team. Chris Paul has over 100 and Rubio has like 170. The key is AST/TO, a ratio of 3 of better mean you are top ten ball effect ball and even having 1 is really good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

meh ... there'll be missteps as the maestro expands his envelope. you'll thank him next year, kirk. more yet the following.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I will be so happy when Rondo is gone."

Yeah - I can't wait to watch a team with even less talent. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Their talent level right now is putrid...being slightly more putrid will be no big deal...they aren't winning any more games with him than without him...

But...I guess we'll all see...eventually

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What talent?

Rondo is overrated big time.

Pierce, Garnett, and Ray Allen made him look better than he is. He gambles way too much on offense and defense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET207. Show ET207's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What talent?

Pierce, Garnett, and Ray Allen made him look better than he is. He gambles way too much on offense and defense.

[/QUOTE]

Have you noticed how the shooting percentages of the Big 3 has dropped since playing with other point guards?  I guess not.  Rondo sees the floor better than any other point guard in the league.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to ET207's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What talent?

[/QUOTE]

Have you noticed how the shooting percentages of the Big 3 has dropped since playing with other point guards?  I guess not.  Rondo sees the floor better than any other point guard in the league.  

[/QUOTE]

14 turnovers in two games is not "seeing the floor."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

[QUOTE]

Rondo throws some really bad passes.

[/QUOTE]

ridiculous post...just another Rondo hater

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET207. Show ET207's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So if Rondo gets 12 assists and no turnovers tomorrow night, u r going to say amazing floor leader?  Why do you think KG and Paul loved playing with him? Because Rondo  gave them the ball where they liked it.  Who is he playing with now?  How long has he been playing with these guys?  Did Bird ever have bad shooting nights?  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So if Rondo gets 12 assists and no turnovers tomorrow night, u r going to say amazing floor leader?  Why do you think KG and Paul loved playing with him? Because Rondo  gave them the ball where they liked it.  Who is he playing with now?  How long has he been playing with these guys?  Did Bird ever have bad shooting nights?  

[/QUOTE]

Rondo's turnovers have gone up every year he has been in the league. Watch the first 10 minutes of the Brooklyn game. He threw the ball away time after time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET207. Show ET207's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Rondo's turnovers have gone up every year he has been in the league. Watch the first 10 minutes of the Brooklyn game. He threw the ball away time after time.

[/QUOTE]

It takes time develop chemistry with his teammates.  There is a reason most of them will not be on the C's next year.  Better teammates means less turnovers and more assists.  He can't do it all himself.  He had good rapport with Bradley but he is still sidelined.  Shouldn't we all be pleased he is making more 3 point shots?  And his free throw average is rising? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yes.  in a related story, all three are old and washed up with 4,000+ nba games between them.  conversely, this is rondo's time to step up and throw in 18 to 22 a night with 8 to 10 dimes.  but his FG% is in the toilet because he's shooting more and less are going in.  he's shooting more 3's at a barely tolerable make rate of 36%.

if it took rondo 7 years in the league and a contract year to become intrigued with perhaps modifying his shot form to gain greater skill level/consistency, do you think he will continue to think "let's improve my game" once he gets his next big contract?

nope.  it's just a show.  and it's not working out too well.  he's still a miserably inept 11 points per game "starting point guard".  this is his table to run now, if he was good his scoring should be through the roof and he should have had some W-L impact on the team when he came back

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

rondo starved the tempo of the team so that a guy like ray allen had to do three double back curls off of picks to get open and even then his shot was contested.  the big 3 might have liked the number of FGA's they got but rondo did not use his quickness to the betterment of the team the last few years. 

the more time went on and his FT% and general competency in shooting open set shots stunk, the more rondo became un-quick, un-exciting and the antithesis of ball movement.  if rondo held the ball until 7 or 8 left on the 24 clock then there's less chance the ball would be swung back to an open rondo for a shot.  rondo only did things that were good for him after his development stagnated in 09.

assist #'s = good for him.  gambling for steals was good for him.  now he doesn't get many steals any more and still gambles.  bad for the team.  slow down tempo- good for rondo- less chance of that horrible frightful free throw attempt or having to go stand in the corner because you are teats on a boar in the half court set

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

[QUOTE]

I will be so happy when Rondo is gone.

[/QUOTE]

This forum will be better when you are gone.Go celtics

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

What talent?

+1,000,000,000,000...Chris, great post! Some folks will never get this fact. They only see that Wrongdo was the starting PG on a championship C's team. What you say above ^ is the most valid point that any of us could make as we have all witnessed this with our own eyes. It is the only known truth while all else about Wrongdo being a great player, a leader, and the C's future is unsubstantiated speculation. Wrongdo won a trophy and gained respect while playing with 3-HOFers on his team, BUT  he has been nothing close to spectacular or even good since they all left. Keep in mind that RA was arguably THE greatest jump shooter of all time, PP was one of the single greatest shot creators and scorers the C's have ever had, and KG was the defensive soul, consummate leader, and one of the best shooting BIG men in the history of the NBA. All there for Wrongdo, merely a complimentary piece, to throw the ball to. IMO, the real question is, How many trophies would the C's have won with the BIG-3 had they a PG who could shoot the ball, make free throws, and understood his place amongst such great players? Wrongdo cost us more than he could ever give towards success. Those who support keeping him are in denial about these facts. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It takes time develop chemistry with his teammates.  There is a reason most of them will not be on the C's next year.  Better teammates means less turnovers and more assists.  He can't do it all himself.  He had good rapport with Bradley but he is still sidelined.  Shouldn't we all be pleased he is making more 3 point shots?  And his free throw average is rising? 

[/QUOTE]

ET207, look at your excuse highlighted above for Rondo not putting up the numbers,,, ok, then look at your  comment below you made a little later about how KG & PP are struggling

"Have you noticed how the shooting percentages of the Big 3 has dropped since playing with other point guards?"

I suppose your "chemistry theory" only applies to Gondo.... 

Its sad to watch some fans fumble all over themselves fawning over Gondo. They just cant be objective and recognize (as the rest of the NBA has) that the kid is a train wreck for any team dumb enough to sign him for any kind of big $$....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yes.  in a related story, all three are old and washed up with 4,000+ nba games between them.  conversely, this is rondo's time to step up and throw in 18 to 22 a night with 8 to 10 dimes.  but his FG% is in the toilet because he's shooting more and less are going in.  he's shooting more 3's at a barely tolerable make rate of 36%.

if it took rondo 7 years in the league and a contract year to become intrigued with perhaps modifying his shot form to gain greater skill level/consistency, do you think he will continue to think "let's improve my game" once he gets his next big contract?

nope.  it's just a show.  and it's not working out too well.  he's still a miserably inept 11 points per game "starting point guard".  this is his table to run now, if he was good his scoring should be through the roof and he should have had some W-L impact on the team when he came back

[/QUOTE]

Rondo ranks 54th in FG% among all NBA PGs at .405.

He ranks 34th in 3PT% among all NBA PGs at .364.

He ranks 77th in FT% among all NBA PGs at .667.

He ranks 24th in scoring among all NBA PGs at 12.2/game.

Assists 7th, steals 14th, 90th in TOPG at 3.3, 3rd in rebounds at 4.9...........

Pretty awful stats for a former  ASPG, all things considered.

Surround him with outrageous talent (HOFers) and he can  look pretty impressive.

Surround him with  less talented players and he certainly does little to make them or himself or the team look  very good.

And that's not taking into account the atrocious gambling defense that he consistently plays.

Pud 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Assists 7th, steals 14th, 90th in TOPG at 3.3, 3rd in rebounds at 4.9...........

Surround him with outrageous talent (HOFers) and he can  look pretty impressive.

Surround him with  less talented players and he certainly does little to make them or himself or the team look  very good.

And that's not taking into account the atrocious gambling defense that he consistently plays.

Pud 

[/QUOTE]

Newflash.

Pud reports that Rondo is a good passer and rebounder, a bad shooter, and gambles too much on Defense.

The world is amazed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pud 

[/QUOTE]

Those #s are skewed, if you dont count February ( his first 6 games back, where he was clearly working his way back from that minor acl injury and shot a 28% 23% 50% and avg 6.7ppg 5.7apg 3.2 rpg in 24.3mpg.

Now look at his #s in 8 games in Feb avg 15.3 ppg 10 apg 5.1 rpg 1.6 spg and shooting over 48.5/40/84  WOW! 

Keep in mind  rondo's CAREER fg% is 48%.So thats right in line with his career %, But so far this year doing it with more jump shots and less in the paint hoops, once he gets that full explosion back he will be getting more ez buckets.  

If you watch the games you can clearly see rondo has compacted his shooting motion and is far more balanced while shooting, his work has clearly paid off with Ron Adams. Ron Adams has done a wonderful job coaching up both rondo and ab in the shooting dept.

By the way he only avgd only 2.6 to that month to those 10apg per game. 4-1 ratio is excellent.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

All I can compare Rondo too is Hondo...when the C's went into a major dumper after Russell and the Jones boys left, Hondo,  legit star and HOF'r, upped his game to legendary heights because he  had to...he led the NBA in scoring...he played even MORE D, he grabbed even MORE rebounds, he had even MORE assists....he WAS the C's for a couple of years...

I don't see the same thing in Rondo...not at all...and Hondo NEVER , as team leader and captain who had several championship rings, not do what both the GM and coach asked him to do...he NEVER would have left the team during a tough road trip with the team in a losing streak...maybe it's just my age and the NBA was different then, but I just don't see a true team leader making a star's impact on the C's...he's no Hondo at all...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

34ᵗʰ? rondo's .364 is higher than irving, williams, westbrook, knight, jennings, paul and wall and is trending up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pud 

[/QUOTE]

Those #s are skewed, if you dont count February ( his first 6 games back, where he was clearly working his way back from that minor acl injury and shot a 28% 23% 50% and avg 6.7ppg 5.7apg 3.2 rpg in 24.3mpg.

Now look at his #s in 8 games in Feb avg 15.3 ppg 10 apg 5.1 rpg 1.6 spg and shooting over 48.5/40/84  WOW! 

Keep in mind  rondo's CAREER fg% is 48%.So thats right in line with his career %, But so far this year doing it with more jump shots and less in the paint hoops, once he gets that full explosion back he will be getting more ez buckets.  

If you watch the games you can clearly see rondo has compacted his shooting motion and is far more balanced while shooting, his work has clearly paid off with Ron Adams. Ron Adams has done a wonderful job coaching up both rondo and ab in the shooting dept.

By the way he only avgd only 2.6 to that month to those 10apg per game. 4-1 ratio is excellent.

[/QUOTE]

The stats are skewed a bit certainly due to factors you mention... some being skewed higher  and some lower.

But if you go back over his entire 8 year career, you will find that his 3PT%, his FT%, his scoring, his TOPG and other stats have been as consistently bad as these... if not considerably worse.

Pud

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

34ᵗʰ? rondo's .364 is higher than irving, williams, westbrook, knight, jennings, paul and wall and is trending up.

[/QUOTE]

He is including all players. For example second on the list is Earl Watson. Who is 2 for 4 all year on three pointers. So Pud considers him the second best three point shooter.

See how neat statistics are?  http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/3-points/sort/threePointFieldGoalPct/qualified/false/position/point-guards