RONDO FACTS, NO OPINION ADDED

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: RONDO FACTS, NO OPINION ADDED

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

Its called man crushes......only explanation.

My guess is that this is more like little gurl crushes. Prepubescent. The kind that fill his fan site and want to be his one and only gf.

Pud

Yeah, there is no explanation for your stupidity. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

That said I'm amazed by how many folks are willing to settle for a good regular season run. 

I would say that a good (actually great) regular season run beats a bad regular season run... and not making the POs.... by a wide margin.

---

obviously you missed last year. not supising. 

Overachieving beats underachieving every single time.

Pud

JTKL, We see the truth. 0-6, ACL, to 7-0 immediately. Its like going from shooting basketball in the dark for 6, then the lights coming on for the next 7. What happened to change things so abruptly? I'd venture to say that the C's have never had such a dramatic change in momentum going from such a losing streak to such a winning streak before. Genius, you are still in the dark. Open your eyes, it may help!

----------

You are one of those people that only sees what you want to see. first off they were not just 0-6. They were 6-6 in January with Rondo. And pierce was hurt.

According to Doc (he knows more than you) The improvement came about because Pierce got healthier, Green got his wind back form Open Heart Surgery and jason Terry and the new guys started learning to play with the vets.

Take the i don't like Rondo Binders off and stop ignoring every relevent fact. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

That said I'm amazed by how many folks are willing to settle for a good regular season run. 

I would say that a good (actually great) regular season run beats a bad regular season run... and not making the POs.... by a wide margin.

---

obviously you missed last year. not supising. 

Overachieving beats underachieving every single time.

Pud

JTKL, We see the truth. 0-6, ACL, to 7-0 immediately. Its like going from shooting basketball in the dark for 6, then the lights coming on for the next 7. What happened to change things so abruptly? I'd venture to say that the C's have never had such a dramatic change in momentum going from such a losing streak to such a winning streak before. Genius, you are still in the dark. Open your eyes, it may help!

----------

You are one of those people that only sees what you want to see. first off they were not just 0-6. They were 6-6 in January with Rondo. And pierce was hurt.

According to Doc (he knows more than you) The improvement came about because Pierce got healthier, Green got his wind back form Open Heart Surgery and jason Terry and the new guys started learning to play with the vets.

Take the i don't like Rondo Binders off and stop ignoring every relevent fact. 

Cant educate stupid^^

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevekubersky. Show stevekubersky's posts

From the 2007-2008 season to today, the Celtics are 34-18 (.654pct) all-time without Rajon Rondo. Thats a pretty legit, 52-game sample size. During this season alone, the Celtics are now 14-7 (.666pct) without RR. So, this season's recent winning trend is only slight higher than what our 52-game all time sample has proven out over the years. With RR playing this season, we were 18-20 (.473), RR missed 5-games due to league mandated suspensions. Based on these historical FACTS/trends, even if the C's play below the normal "without RR"(.654pct), and only play at a winning pct of .652, the C's would still go 15-8 (.652pct) bringing them to a season record of 47-35. I'd say that is good for at least the 4th seed in the E-CONF. If they never had RR this season and as a result played even lower at only .648pct for the year, they would be 53-29. Science is based on fact and probabilities. Based on this historical data, without RR this season, we would have been battling for the #1 seed in the EC. Again, not my opinion, only facts and logical assumptions based on statistical evidence. This is a clear example of what is meant by "adding by subtraction." don't be angry if you don't agree. These are the simple FACTS. 

Here's another fact: players such as John Havlicek, Dave Cowens, and Paul Pierce played for some of the worst Celtic teams at some point of their careers. Does that mean the team is better off without them? If your answer is a resounding yes to all three, then I can see where you're coming from. I don't necessarily agree with it, but at least your point with Rondo is consistent with the other three players.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

As Doc clearly pointed out...

without Rondo at the point, the Celtics have to play a different offensive set.  That change, which requires more team movement and involvement, seems to be working beyond anyones wildest expectations.  We are clearly playing better on both ends of the court and winning at a much higher percentage.  Lets assume that continues for the rest of the season.

The question is - and Rondo supporters, please help me here...  if/when Rondo returns, and the Celtics go back to the old routine of Rondo controlling player and ball movement, and our team performance and chemistry declines back to a mediocre .500 level - how can you continue to defend the over-rated petulent one - and what would do you do then ???????  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

As Doc clearly pointed out...

without Rondo at the point, the Celtics have to play a different offensive set.  That change, which requires more team movement and involvement, seems to be working beyond anyones wildest expectations.  We are clearly playing better on both ends of the court and winning at a much higher percentage.  Lets assume that continues for the rest of the season.

The question is - and Rondo supporters, please help me here...  if/when Rondo returns, and the Celtics go back to the old routine of Rondo controlling player and ball movement, and our team performance and chemistry declines back to a mediocre .500 level - how can you continue to defend the over-rated petulent one - and what would do you do then ???????  

All we're hearing from the Rondo Rah-Rah club is "crickets". Come out, come out, wherever you are?????? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to stevekubersky's comment:

From the 2007-2008 season to today, the Celtics are 34-18 (.654pct) all-time without Rajon Rondo. Thats a pretty legit, 52-game sample size. During this season alone, the Celtics are now 14-7 (.666pct) without RR. So, this season's recent winning trend is only slight higher than what our 52-game all time sample has proven out over the years. With RR playing this season, we were 18-20 (.473), RR missed 5-games due to league mandated suspensions. Based on these historical FACTS/trends, even if the C's play below the normal "without RR"(.654pct), and only play at a winning pct of .652, the C's would still go 15-8 (.652pct) bringing them to a season record of 47-35. I'd say that is good for at least the 4th seed in the E-CONF. If they never had RR this season and as a result played even lower at only .648pct for the year, they would be 53-29. Science is based on fact and probabilities. Based on this historical data, without RR this season, we would have been battling for the #1 seed in the EC. Again, not my opinion, only facts and logical assumptions based on statistical evidence. This is a clear example of what is meant by "adding by subtraction." don't be angry if you don't agree. These are the simple FACTS. 

Here's another fact: players such as John Havlicek, Dave Cowens, and Paul Pierce played for some of the worst Celtic teams at some point of their careers. Does that mean the team is better off without them? If your answer is a resounding yes to all three, then I can see where you're coming from. I don't necessarily agree with it, but at least your point with Rondo is consistent with the other three players.

Steve, even though your post is mixing issues not relevant to this year's situation, I will indulge you. We had a .465 winning? pct (20-23) and were in the middle of an 0-6 losing streak when the ACL injury to RONDO happened. Immediately we broke the losing streak with a victory against the defending champion Heat which initiated a 7-0 start to the Rondo-less era. This has  culminated in our present 14-4 (.777pct). ALSO, how about our 8-14 record on the road before Rondo's ACL, and our 5-4 since? None of this is the same thing as what Hondo, Big Red, and the formerly immature PP experienced in ANY given season. These events and numbers are clear indictments to RONDO's negative influence on Celtic winning. Can you give me any season in C's histroy where such a dramatic improvement coincided and then continued with the unexpected loss of any of the 3 men you name? NO. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to stevekubersky's comment:

Steve, even though your post is mixing issues not relevant to this year's situation, I will indulge you. We had a .465 winning? pct (20-23) and were in the middle of an 0-6 losing streak when the ACL injury to RONDO happened. Immediately we broke the losing streak with a victory against the defending champion Heat which initiated a 7-0 start to the Rondo-less era. This has  culminated in our present 14-4 (.777pct). ALSO, how about our 8-14 record on the road before Rondo's ACL, and our 5-4 since? None of this is the same thing as what Hondo, Big Red, and the formerly immature PP experienced in ANY given season. These events and numbers are clear indictments to RONDO's negative influence on Celtic winning. Can you give me any season in C's histroy where such a dramatic improvement coincided and then continued with the unexpected loss of any of the 3 men you name? NO. 

Good point.. Gonna be hard for the Rondo fan club to come to grips with reality. Rondo, coupled with Docs enabling, made us a much worse team than we needed to be. 

They can point to all the garbage they want but the C's are a much better, mre inclusive team now that the diva PG is history.

Lets just hope Doc follows in Rondos path and exits the C's after this season..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

How ironic that folks say the team is playing better since Rondo is gone.  Folks are now forced to step up.  Lee was bricking jumpers, Terry not hitting jumpers, and these were open jumpers!!!  It could have been passed to them by anyone on this board.  So they missed jumoers because Rondo passed it to them?  AB is just getting into game shape.  When he came back they won a few in a row and then went on a losing streak.  Rondos fault for that? Could PP have stepped up more?  Less ISOs and hero-ball shots?  Could KG have stepped up more and played coser to the rim?  Could JG have not been timmed and inconsistant?

All I have heard before RR went down:

JG is a bust, not living up to the contract

JT is a bust, not as good as RA and/or is old and plays poor defense

Lee is a bust, cant hit an open jumper

Bass is a bust, offense has disappeared and can't rebound.

DOC, can't coach, fire him

But all of the wrongs with the CELTICS fell Rondo's shoulders.  SMDH at some of the psychoanalytical stat-toting FANatics!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to jdm894g's comment:

How ironic that folks say the team is playing better since Rondo is gone.  Folks are now forced to step up.  Lee was bricking jumpers, Terry not hitting jumpers, and these were open jumpers!!!  It could have been passed to them by anyone on this board.  So they missed jumoers because Rondo passed it to them?  AB is just getting into game shape.  When he came back they won a few in a row and then went on a losing streak.  Rondos fault for that? Could PP have stepped up more?  Less ISOs and hero-ball shots?  Could KG have stepped up more and played coser to the rim?  Could JG have not been timmed and inconsistant?

All I have heard before RR went down:

JG is a bust, not living up to the contract

JT is a bust, not as good as RA and/or is old and plays poor defense

Lee is a bust, cant hit an open jumper

Bass is a bust, offense has disappeared and can't rebound.

DOC, can't coach, fire him

But all of the wrongs with the CELTICS fell Rondo's shoulders.  SMDH at some of the psychoanalytical stat-toting FANatics!

jdm, First of all, it isn't ironic and we folks aren't just saying that the Celtics are playing better wthout Rondo, ITS A FACT! Look at the numbers. Its like nght and day. NOBODY is making anything up! We can't help how much betther the numbers are since RR's ACL, and its "IRONIC" how so many won't allow there to be any correllation between him not playing and our dramatic improvkents despite the factual numbers.  If RR wasn't such a ball hog, control freak, and head case, then his teammates may have touched the ball more often and gotten in the flow of each game.  You can't just make a guy run around for 5-10-minutes, then pass it to them with less than 5-seconds on the shot clock a couple of times each game and expect them to be proficient. DAMN, what is wrong with you Rondo-ettes? The organization will NEVER say anything about this nut job, you know, the guy who has been suspended TWICE for making contact with an official out of pure frustration. They don't want to kill his future value, whatever is left of it. He can't control his emotions, actions and ego. FACT!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

But all of the wrongs with the CELTICS fell Rondo's shoulders.

The buck has to stop somewhere.... and since Rondo was supposed to be the team's leader and best player...  and they've played far better w/o him.... he takes whats known as da-hit.

Cry me a river.

Pud

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

The buck has to stop somewhere.... and since Rondo was supposed to be the team's leader and best player...  and they've played far better w/o him.... he takes whats known as da-hit.

Cry me a river.

Pud

All around TEAM game: AB is better than RR AND AB's upside is limitless. RR peaked, Blew out ACL never to be the same athlete, and has lost his head. Bye-BYE RR.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Cry me a river.

Pud

All around game: AB is better than RR AND his upside is limitless. RR has peaked, and has lost his head. Bye RR.

I like Bradley a lot but I think it's pretty clear what his upside is.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Cry me a river.

Pud

All around game: AB is better than RR AND his upside is limitless. RR has peaked, and has lost his head. Bye RR.

So, if its clear, why don't you tell us? You said nothing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

jdm, First of all, it isn't ironic and we folks aren't just saying that the Celtics are playing better wthout Rondo, ITS A FACT! Look at the numbers. Its like nght and day. NOBODY is making anything up! We can't help how much betther the numbers are since RR's ACL, and its "IRONIC" how so many won't allow there to be any correllation between him not playing and our dramatic improvkents despite the factual numbers.  If RR wasn't such a ball hog, control freak, and head case, then his teammates may have touched the ball more often and gotten in the flow of each game.  You can't just make a guy run around for 5-10-minutes, then pass it to them with less than 5-seconds on the shot clock a couple of times each game and expect them to be proficient. DAMN, what is wrong with you Rondo-ettes? The organization will NEVER say anything about this nut job, you know, the guy who has been suspended TWICE for making contact with an official out of pure frustration. They don't want to kill his future value, whatever is left of it. He can't control his emotions, actions and ego. FACT!

Blame DOC for those offensive sets.

Let's be honest.  How many plays does RR really hold the ball for 19-20 seconds?  How is that folks were complaining for us to get younger so we can have folks to run w/ RR, but the complaint is he holds the ball too long.  I don't have any CELTICS games on my DVR, but I seriously doubt the assertion by many posters here that he holds the ball for 19-20 seconds each possession is way overblown and probably is less than 50% of the total offensive possions.  

Lee and Terry played off the bench a lot and with each other so a lot of times they bricked shots from passes from each other or whoever else was on the floor.  What was the amount of time RR played w/ JT and Lee to say that they didn't get touches because of RR so they were out of rhythm?

What about how poorly the bench played?  That's with Lee, Sully, JT, Barbosa, Green, and co.?  Was that because of Rondo?  

Think about this, If PP went down JG would get minutes and would likely be way more productive than he is now.  Wouldn't KG and everyone else step up.  Rally the troops.  Isn't that what is going on now?  Everyone has to elevate their game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Cry me a river.

Pud

I didn't think I had to because to me it's so clear. What do you mean is upside is "limitless"? He is an excellent defensive gaurd, who isn't a true pg who has an average offensive game. 

I love him and he is a great guy to have on the team but I don't get what you mean by "limitless" that has nothing to do with Rondo by the way, as far as I am concerned Rondo is injured and he may never be back. I don't need to keep talking about him forever.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Blame DOC for those offensive sets.

Let's be honest.  How many plays does RR really hold the ball for 19-20 seconds?  How is that folks were complaining for us to get younger so we can have folks to run w/ RR, but the complaint is he holds the ball too long.  I don't have any CELTICS games on my DVR, but I seriously doubt the assertion by many posters here that he holds the ball for 19-20 seconds each possession is way overblown and probably is less than 50% of the total offensive possions.  

Lee and Terry played off the bench a lot and with each other so a lot of times they bricked shots from passes from each other or whoever else was on the floor.  What was the amount of time RR played w/ JT and Lee to say that they didn't get touches because of RR so they were out of rhythm?

What about how poorly the bench played?  That's with Lee, Sully, JT, Barbosa, Green, and co.?  Was that because of Rondo?  

Think about this, If PP went down JG would get minutes and would likely be way more productive than he is now.  Wouldn't KG and everyone else step up.  Rally the troops.  Isn't that what is going on now?  Everyone has to elevate their game.

Dude, all valid points, BUT....I do have some games on my DVR and YES, there are possessions where RR would hold the ball after walking it slowly and methodically up the floor flailing his arms aroud while issuing instructions for his teammates to get into position for the play that he has called, and then will dribble around at the top of the key until 10-seconds left to get the play in motion leaving ONE option for the posession, the intended shooter. If it doesn't work, we got very little dynamic action and a failed script. AND, "IRONICALLY" RR would be the primary reason we wouldn't run more often. I'm with you! If we have RR, we need to run and often. We didn't and we just were a bad team. He's out and now we have more dynamic play. The numbers prove it. More wins, higher scoring O per game, giving less points per game on D. What other proof can you ask for?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Cry me a river.

Pud

I didn't think I had to because to me it's so clear. What do you mean is upside is "limitless"? He is an excellent defensive gaurd, who isn't a true pg who has an average offensive game. 

I love him and he is a great guy to have on the team but I don't get what you mean by "limitless" that has nothing to do with Rondo by the way, as far as I am concerned Rondo is injured and he may never be back. I don't need to keep talking about him forever.

YOU ARE THE KING OF THE "WE NEED A BIGGER SAMPLE SIZE" yet you have already decided what AB's upside is in less than a full season of carreer games? YOU CAN'T have it both ways Snake. By limitless, admittedly a bad word choice,  I mean undeterimned, but obviously still more updside. AB is also a freakish athlete. He is the fastest guy on the court. He has great hops, is already the best D-guard in the game, and hasn't played a full season of NBA games yet. His offensive game has already improved since he came back from double shoulder surgery.  How is his upside "clear"? He is recovering and is still in his rookie season of total games.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Cry me a river.

Pud

YOU ARE THE KING OF THE "WE NEED A BIGGER SAMPLE SIZE" yet you have already decided what AB's upside is in less than a full season of carreer games? YOU CAN'T have it both ways Snake. By limitless, admittedly a bad word choice,  I mean undeterimned, but obviously still more updside. AB is also a freakish athlete. He is the fastest guy on the court. He has great hops, is already the best D-guard in the game, and hasn't played a full season of NBA games yet. His offensive game has already improved since he came back from double shoulder surgery.  How is is upside "clear"?

You're right.  I jumped on the "limitless" but you are correct that at Bradleys age his offensive game could improve a lot. His D is certainly amazing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Cry me a river.

Pud

YOU ARE THE KING OF THE "WE NEED A BIGGER SAMPLE SIZE" yet you have already decided what AB's upside is in less than a full season of carreer games? YOU CAN'T have it both ways Snake. By limitless, admittedly a bad word choice,  I mean undeterimned, but obviously still more updside. AB is also a freakish athlete. He is the fastest guy on the court. He has great hops, is already the best D-guard in the game, and hasn't played a full season of NBA games yet. His offensive game has already improved since he came back from double shoulder surgery.  How is is upside "clear"?

You're right.  I jumped on the "limitless" but you are correct that at Bradleys age his offensive game could improve a lot. His D is certainly amazing.

Cool. I appreciate your retrospect. 

Sections
Shortcuts