Rondo, feeding Love and Sullinger?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Rondo, feeding Love and Sullinger?

I understand Kevin Love can opt out of his contract after the 2014-15 season. Sounds good to me! I'll wager a bob or two that the idea sounds good to DA, also.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Rondo, feeding Love and Sullinger?

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bosoxmal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I understand Kevin Love can opt out of his contract after the 2014-15 season. Sounds good to me! I'll wager a bob or two that the idea sounds good to DA, also.

[/QUOTE]

Sounds good to us all.

The question is does it sound good to Kevin Love?

Why would Kevin Love come to Boston when the Celts are a rebuilding team?

Also, since the inception of the salary cap, the only big name free-agent the Celts were able to sign was a 35-year old Dominique Wilkins.

Even KG didn't want to come to Boston at first because of racism.

And if you were watching last night's game against Detroit, Sherrod said the Celts will unlikely get a star player in free-agency.

Boston is not an attractive destination for big name free-agents.

It is what it is.

[/QUOTE]

Last I read, you were blaming Mployee8's racist remarks as the reason FAs don't want to come to Beantown.

What's with you and rascism?

Pud

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"And if you were watching last night's game against Detroit, Sherrod said the Celts will unlikely get a star player in free-agency.

Boston is not an attractive destination for big name free-agents."

This is true - anyone who disagrees with it has their head in the sand. The most impactful free agent we signed in the last 20 years or so was James Posey, who was a fine final piece to a champsionship team but that's it. 

Besides I read just the other day on this forum that Kevin Love was overrated, so it must be true.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Our championship year we signed another good free agent that made a difference with his size and experience.  He is from Winnfield, Louisiana, who is he?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sounds good to us all.

Also, since the inception of the salary cap, the only big name free-agent the Celts were able to sign was a 35-year old Dominique Wilkins.

And if you were watching last night's game against Detroit, Sherrod said the Celts will unlikely get a star player in free-agency.

It is what it is.

[/QUOTE]

Fierce why are you stil living in the 1970's man??? I feel bad for you. Time for a reality check dude....seriously.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sounds good to us all.

It is what it is.

[/QUOTE]

Fierce, I suppose with your "KG at 1st didn't want to go to Boston because of racism" would apply to New York this summer as well when it took KG weeks to agree to LEAVE Boston for New York!!!!! So I suppose New York is a racist state too???

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Last I read, you were blaming Mployee8's racist remarks as the reason FAs don't want to come to Beantown.

What's with you and rascism?

Pud

It's true.

You were not a Celtic fan back in 2007?

Before the Celts got Ray Allen, KG was presented with the idea of being traded to Boston.

KG declined and the reason was racism in Boston.

It was only when Ray became a Celtic that KG changed his mind.

So what's true?  ... that you have blamed Mployee8's rascist comments as the reason FA's don't come to Beantown?

Absolutely true!

There is no one posting at BDC less qualified to discuss serious social issues than you.

Your comments are little more than clownish bait to get you noticed.

Pud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to rickrand3's comment:
    [QUOTE] 

Fierce, I suppose with your "KG at 1st didn't want to go to Boston because of racism" would apply to New York this summer as well when it took KG weeks to agree to LEAVE Boston for New York!!!!! So I suppose New York is a racist state too???

[/QUOTE]

Look, I'm not the one who said that.

I'm merely sharing with you what was going on back in 2007.

Also, I'm not living in the 1970s.

It's a fact that Boston is NOT an attractive city for big name free-agents.

Again, the last big name free-agent the Celts signed was a 35-year old Dominique Wilkins.

[/QUOTE]

Fierce, I think that thinking is vastly overrated-that big time free agents don't want to come to Boston.  I heard Sherrod say that during the Pistons game too.  Just because Sherrod said it doesn't make it true.

I believe part of Garnett NOT wanting to come to Boston was that he did not want to leave "Sota".  He is fiercely loyal and wanted to play his entire career there.  He also expressed wanting to get traded (initially) to a contender with warm weather.  He wanted at first to go to Phoenix to team up with Nash.  I'm not sure "racism" was a factor in KG's decision about Boston.

Honestly, the Celtics really haven't gone after any big name free agents since before getting KG and Ray.  I don't call David West a big time FA.  And he was smart to go to Indiana when you look at where both teams were headed.  I'm sure it had nothing to do with "racism".

You can bet that as this team and coach develops and gets better, FAs will want to come to Boston.  They'll come to Boston for one reason and one reason only - TO WIN.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

We do realize Kevin Love is a white guy right, he is afraid of racism?

KG didn't want to come to Boston because it's too white, he wanted to stay in Minnesota because everyone knows it's blacker than Atlanta...

What the F does race have to do with it, Boston is cold as Mars, has miserable weather 3/4's of the year, isn't sunny with palm trees and models, that might be a reason... but the race card is BS.  

Dumb, dumb, dumb... how will we ever evolve past the point of racism if we continue to point to race as the reason for everything?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sounds good to us all.

It is what it is.

[/QUOTE]

With all due respect, I don't see that any of your negative points make much sense. For example. the reference to it being a rebuilding team: Rondo, Love, Sullinger, Bradley---you call that a rebuilding team? I call it a top contender! That's the point!

Why should Love come to Boston? Same reason Russell did, plus it's the best (professional) sports town in the country. Question really is, "Why wouldn't he want to come play for the legendary Celtics, with, perhaps, one of the best coaches in the country. I see this glass as 90% full, not 10% empty.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

While I don't agree with Fierce's statement about racism, it is my opinoin it  cannot be proven wrong.

I was working in Wellesley at the time of Dee Brown.  The police there were....ah...unkind to strangers in general, including me, a white guy!

So here is "my take" on Free Agents:

in the era of the Big 3 - we didn't have, want or need any big name free agents, and the only time we weren't in on any trade talks was Mychal Thompson.

In the Post big 3 era - we had two issues:

1.  Our ownership group was too tight and stupid to go after free agents not named Dino Radja.

2.  The salary cap had "slots" to fill.  If the slot wasn't used, you lost it - hence the signings of Nique and the X man.

And, let's not forget the deaths of two #1 picks, and Stern's refusal to allow us to take Reggie's salary off the books!

In the next era, we stunk!  No one wanted to come here.....because we stunk - had nothing to do with race.  ML was the coach, and Toine was our "best" player.

Enough has been said about the Pitino era.................................

Now - it gets interesting:

Since 2007-2008 - we have been TOO FAR over the cap to attract any free agents.  Danny has drafted well (at least as well as any other team), and traded well.

When we get under the cap, we will have as good a shot as anyone to sign a free agent.  For, I maintain, if you put enough green in their pocket, green will become their favorite color.

I would suggest the weather has as much to do with our lack of signings as us being over the cap, too.

But, I think Danny can sell tradtion, Stevens, Rondo and the fans to  that ONE free agent we need to get us very competitive.  We are a young team, but with the right players (I refuse to call them "pieces" - what is this, chess?), we can be right there with MIA and IND in a couple of years!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Racism exists everywhere, if it wasn't skin color it would be hair color, weight or something else...

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Race and racism has absolutely NOTHING to do with Celtic free agent signings in the rebuild.  Only a racist himself would support such an ignorant position.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts