Rondo for a lotto pick?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Rondo for a lotto pick?

Would any of the top 4 be willing to trade their pick for Rondo? I'd say the Cavs and the 76ers are out. 2 is probably too high of a pick for the Bucks to get rid of, but I think the Magic might be willing to part with theirs. In that case, you have both the 4 and 6, and take whoever is left of the top 4 (likely Exum) and then take the next best on your board (Randle, Vonleh or Gordon). If you wind up with a PF, you then have Sully as some solid trade bait, and still have 17 to pick up another pretty good player.

The Magic would still have the number 12 pick in the draft, and the C's could throw in a 2nd rounder as a sweetener if they needed it. I also wouldn't mind seeing Jeff Green involved.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Re: Rondo for a lotto pick?

Depends on the free agent we can attract with out pick and a player or two.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

In response to Fiercy's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to Mployee8's comment:

[QUOTE]

Using RR to trade up makes more sense than another poster here who wants to trade RR to Lakers for their #7 pick ... INSANITY!!!!

You're delusional if you think there's a team out there willing to give the Celts a top 4 pick for Rondo.

[/QUOTE]

I'd trade RR to the Kings for their #8 pick before the Lakers ... You turncoat!

[/QUOTE]

+ 1 and ask for their 2015 1st rd pick

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

My thought is anyone opting to trade Rondo for a lottery pick must not think much about Rondo. For those believing Rondo is an all star PG or top5-10 in the nba, then why on earth would you trade him for an unknown commodity?

Teams with lottery picks hope & pray their pick turns out to be a good nba player, let alone an all star. The transition from college ball to NBA ball with an 82 game season , so much traveling & no more college babying etc etc  is just added weight on these young players to deal with, let alone can their bodies and talent adapt to the level & grind of nba play. Nobody in this draft is a lights out sure thing..theres no Lew Alcindor or Bill Walton..

So, why give away a sure thing for a roll of the dice?

For the record, Im not a big Rondo fan but pose this question for those that are/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Can't help you there. Rondo is no longer worth anything near a lottery pick, let alone a top 3 or 4. The guy is no longer near the top ten PG's in the NBA...deal with it Rondon't lovers, your boy sucks !

C's are going to have to build the old fashion way. If they want a real player this year they either pick Vonleh, if he makes it to them, or they package their #6 with a player and another pick to grab one of the top 3 picks IF someone there will do the deal. There will be no LOVE in Beantown, not with the #6.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

DA should either trade the 6th pick for an established veteran player or he should start the real, multi-year rebuild.  Since I can't see Love coming here, even though DA will explore all options for a quick rebuild, it makes you wonder if it's worth keeping Rondo.  I like Rondo as a player unlike some around here, but if there's no deal for Love or a comparable player I'd rather get something valuable for him, assuming someone offers enough in trade.     

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Rondo is not worth keeping and if he's NOT traded, it's far worse to think about giving him a large, multiple year contract that would keep him here than to let him just walk away for nothing in return. Time for the "can't shot - no defense" headcase to go!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo is not worth keeping and if he's NOT traded, it's far worse to think about giving him a large, multiple year contract that would keep him here than to let him just walk away for nothing in return. Time for the "can't shot - no defense" headcase to go!

[/QUOTE]

Trade Rondo for whatever we can get.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Rondo to HOU

Asik, Sullinger #25 and #6 to MN

Love and #13 to BOS

Draft Ennis and LaVigne

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo to HOU

Love and #13 to BOS

Draft Ennis and LaVigne

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

[/QUOTE]

Why would Love want to play with a bunch of rookies, Jeff Green, and Bradley? He would be LA bound as soon as his contract was up and we would have traded Rondo and the 6th pick for essentially nothing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Rondo to HOU

Love and #13 to BOS

Draft Ennis and LaVigne

[/QUOTE]

Why would Love want to play with a bunch of rookies, Jeff Green, and Bradley? He would be LA bound as soon as his contract was up and we would have traded Rondo and the 6th pick for essentially nothing.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Danny Ainge just told us that he would be open to trading for a high caliber player in their last year without an agreement to an extension.

2:21 PM  EST....................hoopshype

That's why!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Rondo to HOU

Love and #13 to BOS

Draft Ennis and LaVigne

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Danny Ainge just told us that he would be open to trading for a high caliber player in their last year without an agreement to an extension.

That's why!

[/QUOTE]

It doesn't say "Danny Ainge is willing to jettison his 3 best tradable assets in order to acquire 1 high caliber player who will WALK the following year."  Which is exactly what would happen.  There is absolutely no reason to bring Kevin Love here if Rondo is gone or he hasn't been replaced by someone even better.  What would that line-up look like? Ennis (rookie) Bradley, Green, Love, and Olynyk, with a bench of bass, Fav, Chris Johnson and 2 more rookies? That team is worse then the Timberwolves are right now, and Love is dying to get outta there. 

Love for a one year rental and another trip to the lottery + the 13th pick aren't worth giving up Rondo, Sully, and the 6th pick. No offense, but I just don't get the thinking here.  Unless you are head over heels in love with Ennis and Lavine, but you could probably get those guys just by trading a future pick to move up a couple spots from 17. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Rondo to HOU

Love and #13 to BOS

Draft Ennis and LaVigne

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

That's why!

[/QUOTE]

It doesn't say "Danny Ainge is willing to jettison his 3 best tradable assets in order to acquire 1 high caliber player who will WALK the following year."  Which is exactly what would happen.  There is absolutely no reason to bring Kevin Love here if Rondo is gone or he hasn't been replaced by someone even better.  What would that line-up look like? Ennis (rookie) Bradley, Green, Love, and Olynyk, with a bench of bass, Fav, Chris Johnson and 2 more rookies? That team is worse then the Timberwolves are right now, and Love is dying to get outta there. 

Love for a one year rental and another trip to the lottery + the 13th pick aren't worth giving up Rondo, Sully, and the 6th pick. No offense, but I just don't get the thinking here.  Unless you are head over heels in love with Ennis and Lavine, but you could probably get those guys just by trading a future pick to move up a couple spots from 17. 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

No offense taken.  Just having a terrible day...

I'm actually not sold on taking Love in the first place.  Just seems to be the topic of the day.

I definitely don't want him if he refuses to re-sign.

I'm disappointed over the #6 pick.  I had FIVE top-tier players in this draft, and we are 6th......UGH!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Love has not proven to be a difference maker on a winning team. Personally, I'd do it but only as a way to dump our crew of over-priced, over-hyped "stars", the disaster duo of Rondon't and Green-sleeves. Otherwise, keep your draft picks and build the old fashioned way, and wait for the Headcase to walk away next year...good riddance!

Green? Just take him out back and bury him, because he sucks!!! THE MOST MEANINGLESS AND WORTHLESS 16 POINTS PER GAME IN THE NBA TODAY! Give him to Washington - maybe we can sabotage them with Green!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

No offense taken.  Just having a terrible day...

I'm actually not sold on taking Love in the first place.  Just seems to be the topic of the day.

I definitely don't want him if he refuses to re-sign.

I'm disappointed over the #6 pick.  I had FIVE top-tier players in this draft, and we are 6th......UGH!

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think we are all in the same bad mood today.  Hence my own multiple negative posts today.

And Mel, if you are anything it is consistent! LOL.  How about this idea to get rid of the two banes of your existence...Rondo for pick #7 and Nash from LAL.  Then Green + Nash+ #17 back to OKC for Reggie Jackson pick #21, the husk of Perk + filler.  You end up with 3 picks and a dynamic young point guard who can do a little bit of everything. Perk comes off the books next year I believe.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My thought is anyone opting to trade Rondo for a lottery pick must not think much about Rondo. For those believing Rondo is an all star PG or top5-10 in the nba, then why on earth would you trade him for an unknown commodity?

Teams with lottery picks hope & pray their pick turns out to be a good nba player, let alone an all star. The transition from college ball to NBA ball with an 82 game season , so much traveling & no more college babying etc etc  is just added weight on these young players to deal with, let alone can their bodies and talent adapt to the level & grind of nba play. Nobody in this draft is a lights out sure thing..theres no Lew Alcindor or Bill Walton..

For the record, Im not a big Rondo fan but pose this question for those that are/

[/QUOTE]

I agree that trading Rondo for a pick, straight up, would be ludicrous.  Those that discount elite passers like Rondo are retahded.  During the Big 3's final hurrah, especially during playoff battles, Rondo was often the best player on the court.  What he lacks in shooting, he more than makes up for with savvy and aggressiveness.  *Plus he hates Miami more than all of us.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Houston loves Rondo, so does Sacremento.

Fleece either or those teams. Rudy Gay, Omer Asik... someone

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Rondo probably wont stay and we wont want to pay his price,probably, so we should dump him before he dumps us.  Draft choice and equal expiring contracts

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Because he is going to test free agency and walk. 

Sections
Shortcuts