Rondo for a lotto pick?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Rondo for a lotto pick?

In response to wozzy's comment:

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well who are they? Who are the big name free agents itching to come to the 25 win Boston Celtics to play with Rondo and ummm... nobody?

Says who... you?

So because you personally haven't heard someone from within the organization mention free agent targets there must not be any?  

You have a direct pipeline to Ainge do you?

Saying something with the fervor of unequivocal fact doesn't make it so.  Many other teams and many of his fellow players would like to play with Rajon Rondo.

[/QUOTE]

to quote your previous post:

"The only people who truly know that answer are the player and his agent, anyone saying more than that is just people talking.  "

Keep posting and contradicting yourself, entertaining...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Well who are they? Who are the big name free agents itching to come to the 25 win Boston Celtics to play with Rondo and ummm... nobody?

[/QUOTE]

Says who... you?

So because you personally haven't heard someone from within the organization mention free agent targets there must not be any?  

You have a direct pipeline to Ainge do you?

Saying something with the fervor of unequivocal fact doesn't make it so.  Many other teams and many of his fellow players would like to play with Rajon Rondo.

[/QUOTE]

to quote your previous post:

"The only people who truly know that answer are the player and his agent, anyone saying more than that is just people talking.  "

[/QUOTE]
    Actually the only ones who know for sure???  the player, the agent...  and the fervent, unequivocal wozzy.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Of course you haven't heard anyone in the C's mention free agent targets by name .... You know why?

Doing so would be TAMPERING .... Wake Up!!!!

I haven't figured out yet which troll or possible former loser who fled this board CelticGreenLP is, but the dude has been here 6 weeks and made almost entirely negative, ignorant anti Celtic Pride comments.

Pretty sure he is trash.

[QUOTE]

Edit....

Well Im not a troll, or some ex-poster, and I don't think I'm trash.?  I am too negative, however, and am admittedly too into this board.  I am a Celtic Fan like you guys, honestly. Just disappointed, and anxious to see where this organization is going.

As far as Wozzy goes, I do owe him an apology.  I admit I was overly negative, and was to quick to jump on his free agent Idea. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Of course you haven't heard anyone in the C's mention free agent targets by name .... You know why?

Doing so would be TAMPERING .... Wake Up!!!!

[/QUOTE]

I haven't figured out yet which troll or possible former loser who fled this board CelticGreenLP is, but the dude has been here 6 weeks and made almost entirely negative, ignorant anti Celtic Pride comments.

Pretty sure he is trash.

[QUOTE]

Edit....

Well Im not a troll, or some ex-poster, and I don't think I'm trash.?  I am too negative, however, and am admittedly too into this board.  I am a Celtic Fan like you guys, honestly. Just disappointed, and anxious to see where this organization is going.

As far as Wozzy goes, I do owe him an apology.  I admit I was overly negative, and was to quick to jump on his free agent Idea. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]I liked your unedited initial response better. More honest!

And yes, rame has an odd way of saying "Welcome to the board, amigo." LOL!!!

Early on, he called me a "coward" for lacking the courage to leave BDC when it was all too clear that my Rondo-hate he didn't appreciate. Simply calling me an "idiot" and letting it go at that would have been a better fit.

And then I got put on Spanky's ignominious "IGNORE" list.

Talk about bullying!

But I'm still here  and I'm still hatin' Rondo.

The lack of moderation at BDC does make it intriguing.... and occasionally entertaining too.

So dig in your heels and enjoy the ride, amigo.

And stop apologizing for goodness sake.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A lot more entertaining than you and Dudder (AKA Puddin pants) having your period cramps all over this board.  Dudder is really a Knick's fan, what's your excuse?

Brilliant how you omit my "this is just a guess" remark regarding Kevin Love to vomit up some more crybaby "I hate Rondo" nonsense and appear pithy.

I don't need a crystal ball to know that All Stars want to play with other All Stars to win championships,  no more than I need to look up to know that the sky is still blue.

NBA champion (2008)

4× NBA All-Star (2010–2013)

All-NBA Third Team (2012)

2× NBA All-Defensive First Team (2010–2011)

2× NBA All-Defensive Second Team (2009, 2012)

NBA All-Rookie Second Team (2007)

NBA steals leader (2010)

2× NBA assists leader (2012-2013)

Yeah you guys are right, this isn't just more typical New England "nobody likes me, everybody hates me, why don't I just eat worms" emo self hating BS...

The entire NBA, all the analysts, former players and experts are wrong and you are right... entertaining?  It's a running joke.  You guys should go off in a corner and have a good cry together.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I liked your unedited initial response better. More honest!

And yes, rame has an odd way of saying "Welcome to the board, amigo." LOL!!!

Early on, he called me a "coward" for lacking the courage to leave BDC when it was all too clear that my Rondo-hate he didn't appreciate. Simply calling me an "idiot" and letting it go at that would have been a better fit.

And then I got put on Spanky's ignominious "IGNORE" list.

Talk about bullying!

But I'm still here  and I'm still hatin' Rondo.

The lack of moderation at BDC does make it intriguing.... and occasionally entertaining too.

So dig in your heels and enjoy the ride, amigo.

And stop apologizing for goodness sake.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Pud you have gotten much better over the years, I'll admit that.

When the Celtics were NBA Champs and yearly contenders with a 22-26 year old Rondo your blind hatred of him was unjustified. He was the 21st pick in his draft. There were no better options at PG as all assets were traded for HALL OF FAMERS. And the team was doing special things they hadn't done since 1986-1988. 

Any Celtic fan who felt the pain that began with Red blowing the 1989 trade deadline/draft and concluding with the tanking 2007 season should have been overjoyed. But your rampant, disgusting attacks against a 24 year old kid on a small rookie contract dropping triple doubles in playoff games was absurd.

Now that PP/KG are gone and Rondo is a 28 year old making all-star/#3 best player money and looking for a max deal while barely improving his game since 2010 you are FINALLY justified in your attacks on him and they aren't nearly as racist sounding or hate-filled as when you made them 3-4 years ago.

So kudos to you for becoming a better poster/person over time.

You still view this board as a place to vent your anger or frustration however, which it can be used as, and why maybe you are sticking up for this new guy, who so far has made a bunch of unjustified attacks on the franchise and sounded like a pretty big loser.

I prefer to be positive and look brightly towards the future.

Ainge let the big 3 hang around 2 years too long, but got an amazing deal from the Nets for them and now all we have to do is trust in him that the rebuild will be fun and fast.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One other thing. If he's not dealt by the trade deadline he walks and never re-signs here.

after being bombarded for months on end, the board is aware of your flimsy prognostication skills, melly. above statement comes across as desperate folly. your bwahaha routine is as pertinent as you get.

bp

[/QUOTE]

Yet another useless drive by by the snipe-er bp...

Just for you bp...

Rondon't?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Next time try something about basketball like this:

"Rondo can't shoot, can't play D, can't close a game out, and can't drive to the hoop anymore, plus, he's the league's biggest headcase."

Try that...you can't...you don't know basketball....have a nice life!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Love him or hate him, Rondo is our only draw for this franchise. The ONLY one we have. The only others I can think of would be the Boston Celtics franchise itself, or our GM who's among the top ranked. And I don't think they are a big enough draw for players to want to come play here. If we get rid of him, it's a clear sign that either the C's are afraid he'll walk, or it's time to start over with a completely clean slate. And if that's the case, get ready for many, many, many losing seasons folks. Probably looking at a 5-7 year playoff absence. We're back in "expansion" team territory. Title contention? Forget about it. So once again, love him or hate him, Rondo is a building block, and the ONLY one we have right now.

[/QUOTE]

+1...Which is why he'll be dealt, because he will walk away after DA refuses to give him the max contract the wee malcontent feels he's owed. If DA gives him such a deal, it will rank as DA's single biggest mistake in his entire basketball career because Rondo actually is worse now than when they last won the championship. His game has not improved, it's gotten worse. Dump this bum NOW!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I think its Ellsberry all over again.  I don't think you can afford to keep him, and though I don't think he has said it, I doubt he wants to stay.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think its Ellsberry all over again.  I don't think you can afford to keep him, and though I don't think he has said it, I doubt he wants to stay.

[/QUOTE]

That's a perspective comparison.  They seem to have some similar personality traits as well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's a perspective comparison.  They seem to have some similar personality traits as well.

[/QUOTE]

+1

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

*perceptive* autocorrect sucks

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

You can't trade a salaried player just for a pick. The Celts would have to take something back. But no - no team would trade a top four pick for Rondo. It's one of those trades that's dumb for everyone. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You can't trade a salaried player just for a pick. The Celts would have to take something back. But no - no team would trade a top four pick for Rondo. It's one of those trades that's dumb for everyone. 

[/QUOTE]

If course you can trade a player for a pick, if the other team has the cap space to accept it.  As an example, the C's can ship out a pick for a very large contract, as they have a TPE to absorb the contract.  Do they want to is a very different question...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Its certainly not dumb for the Celtics.

And Rondo could surely use a fresh start somewhere else.

Pud

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pud

[/QUOTE]

How many teams with lottery picks need a point guard. Very few. Throw in the fact that Rondo has said he will test free agency and Danny has his work cut out for him. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pud

[/QUOTE]

How many teams with lottery picks need a point guard. Very few. Throw in the fact that Rondo has said he will test free agency and Danny has his work cut out for him. 

[/QUOTE]A 3rd team needs to be involved with a player the current lotto pick holder wants in return for Rondo.

The problem is.... who if anyone wants a high-maintenance Rondo expecting a max  contract?

That's the bind.

Pud

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pud

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]A 3rd team needs to be involved with a player the current lotto pick holder wants in return for Rondo.

The problem is.... who if anyone wants a high-maintenance Rondo expecting a max  contract?

That's the bind.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Just try telling that to the cadre of Rondo lovers on these threads. Rondo is a done (meaning finished) deal. His game has fallen by the wayside. He never could shoot, not hit free throws when it counts, no longer wants to get in front of guys and play D, no longer drives to the hoop in traffic, can't lead the team to close out games and is only interested in dimes when it adds to his "legend". He's playing himself out of the NBA. Nobody wants him. NOBODY. A trade? We'll be happy to take pennies on the dollar come trade deadline time and the rest of the NBA GM's know this. Big time FA's wanting to come here to play with him? They didn't want him on the US Olympic team! Forget this loser. Get anybody, just dump him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

"Nobody wants him. NOBODY" - Mellymel3

Except the Lakers, Knicks, Kings, Detroit, Houston, Larry Bird, and probably more. I bet the Magic and Bucks would love to have him as well.

I'll take him. Any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Faults and all. He wouldn't be my #1 or #2 option, but he would run the offense. The kids heart goes a long way in my book. Played with a dislocated/hyper-extended elbow, suffered a season ending ACL injury and still tried to come back and play in the next game against Miami. I could go on. The kid is one tough SOB, who foams at the mouth for competition and to play against the best. Intangibles man. Throw-back type attitude you just don't find in pro athletes today. KG disciple. The C's season is over and he's still training and trying to get better at the C's headquarters according to DA.

What I would LOVE to know is, where are you guys getting the knowledge of what Rajon "wants", and "feels he's owed"? A link will do just fine. If I was to give MY ASSUMPTION........... I would say he's talking about going into free agency to get as much as he can. Because he too may realize that he's not worth the max. Therefore, he's going to try to get all he can on the open market. That and/or he's probably sick of all the trade rumors. Just an assumption, nothing more.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]

A lot more entertaining than you and Dudder (AKA Puddin pants) having your period cramps all over this board.  Dudder is really a Knick's fan, what's your excuse?

Brilliant how you omit my "this is just a guess" remark regarding Kevin Love to vomit up some more crybaby "I hate Rondo" nonsense and appear pithy.

I don't need a crystal ball to know that All Stars want to play with other All Stars to win championships,  no more than I need to look up to know that the sky is still blue.

NBA champion (2008)

4× NBA All-Star (2010–2013)

All-NBA Third Team (2012)

2× NBA All-Defensive First Team (2010–2011)

2× NBA All-Defensive Second Team (2009, 2012)

NBA All-Rookie Second Team (2007)

NBA steals leader (2010)

2× NBA assists leader (2012-2013)

Yeah you guys are right, this isn't just more typical New England "nobody likes me, everybody hates me, why don't I just eat worms" emo self hating BS...

The entire NBA, all the analysts, former players and experts are wrong and you are right... entertaining?  It's a running joke.  You guys should go off in a corner and have a good cry together.

[/QUOTE]

Then why did you post:

"Many other teams and many of his fellow players would like to play with Rajon Rondo."

"The only people who truly know that answer are the player and his agent, anyone saying more than that is just people talking. "

Are making mindless, contradicting posts then backpeddling from them when exposed & becoming extremely defensive is because you're a fool with low self esteem and just dont know any better?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:

"Nobody wants him. NOBODY" - Mellymel3

Except the Lakers, Knicks, Kings, Detroit, Houston, Larry Bird, and probably more. I bet the Magic and Bucks would love to have him as well.

I'll take him. Any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Faults and all. He wouldn't be my #1 or #2 option, but he would run the offense. The kids heart goes a long way in my book. Played with a dislocated/hyper-extended elbow, suffered a season ending ACL injury and still tried to come back and play in the next game against Miami. I could go on. The kid is one tough SOB, who foams at the mouth for competition and to play against the best. Intangibles man. Throw-back type attitude you just don't find in pro athletes today. KG disciple. The C's season is over and he's still training and trying to get better at the C's headquarters according to DA.

What I would LOVE to know is, where are you guys getting the knowledge of what Rajon "wants", and "feels he's owed"? A link will do just fine. If I was to give MY ASSUMPTION........... I would say he's talking about going into free agency to get as much as he can. Because he too may realize that he's not worth the max. Therefore, he's going to try to get all he can on the open market. That and/or he's probably sick of all the trade rumors. Just an assumption, nothing more.

You just answered your own question about why we should trade him...and BTW...if all those teams wanted him so badly why hasn't a trade taken place? If they wanted him that badly there would have been fair compensation offered in return. That's the point. They don't REALLY want him unless they put it to DA and the C's. I'd love to have Aldridge if they'd take Green for him but they won't.

Now..aside from "floated" news stories without any names for attribution, what solid proof do you have that real and reasonable offers have been made for the Wee Devilman? Please be specific if you have them...I'd LOVE to know what GM's have made legit offers for the Wee Devilman?

I'm not trying to upset you, but you made the remark...so prove it...PEACE!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [I'd LOVE to know what GM's have made legit offers for the Wee Devilman?

[/QUOTE]Detroit offered us Brandon Knight. 'nuff said.

Pud

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

Then why did you post:

"Many other teams and many of his fellow players would like to play with Rajon Rondo."

"The only people who truly know that answer are the player and his agent, anyone saying more than that is just people talking. "

Are making mindless, contradicting posts then backpeddling from them when exposed & becoming extremely defensive is because you're a fool with low self esteem and just dont know any better?

[/QUOTE]

Me talking generally about players around the league and you talking specifically about Kevin Love as if you know the inside scoop on the situation is not me being contradictory.   I would call that style of misrepresentation almost fierce-like.

But I do thank you for the arm chair psycology Doctor Phil, maybe you can look into the New England self loathing that goes on here next.  

Like maybe start over on the Patriot's board and figure out why we supposedly sux every year and Belichick is supposedly no good at his job, then go to the Sox site and explain how 1/10th into the schedule the season is already over, then head to the Bruins board and talk some of the jumpers off the ledge, lastly come back here and make sense of posters knocking the only All Star and marketable asset on our team who happens to be coming off a knee injury.

Obviously I'm not going to convince you RR is a good player, but you trying to convince us that the rest of the NBA shares you and Dudder's warped view is laughable.  Rajon Rondo is one of the best point guards and maybe the best game manager in the NBA when healthy.  His game is unorthodox, he doesn't necessarily shoot well but he scores points in bushels, hands out more assists than anyone and locks down the most important ball handler on the opposing team.  I'm sorry you can't appreciate his style of play but you yelling at the top of your lungs that he is no good is akin to you trying to convince us the World is flat.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

I can only see three teams that may be interested in Rondo, Detroit (lost their pick, no decent prospects to offer besides Monroe, who's isn't the answer)  Sacremento (8th pick, multiple young prospects but reportedly were already turned down by Rondo saying he wouldn't re-sign there),  and the Lakers. (7th pick, and expiring Nash) 

I see the Lakers as the most likely, but the Kings have the most desirable assets to offer.  Detroit doesn't look like an option anymore.

Sections
Shortcuts