Rondo for a lotto pick?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Rondo for a lotto pick?

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:

I can only see three teams that may be interested in Rondo, Detroit (lost their pick, no decent prospects to offer besides Monroe, who's isn't the answer)  Sacremento (8th pick, multiple young prospects but reportedly were already turned down by Rondo saying he wouldn't re-sign there),  and the Lakers. (7th pick, and expiring Nash) 

I see the Lakers as the most likely, but the Kings have the most desirable assets to offer.  Detroit doesn't look like an option anymore.

I'm hoping the Lakers take this prize.

Its all about karma.

Pud

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [I'd LOVE to know what GM's have made legit offers for the Wee Devilman?

Detroit offered us Brandon Knight. 'nuff said.

Pud

The REAL rumor was Detroit offered Knight, Monroe and Charlie V's expiring for Rondo and Bass. The Celtics asked for Drummond and were laughed at and no deal happened.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

I don't remember Monroe being involved in that deal. It was Knight and Charlie V. or Stuckey.

"The Pistons are quite interested in Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo, but they don’t have a package to offer that would attract president of basketball operations Danny Ainge to making a deal. The Celtics would presumably ask for emerging center Andre Drummond, who is as close to untouchable as a younger player can get. Detroit would like to send the Celtics Brandon Knight and an expiring contract, but that wouldn’t be nearly enough."

This next quote also proves Monroe wasn't involved.

"In any case, CBS Sports' Matt Moore agrees that Drummond is untouchable but (ugh) wonders why Greg Monroe hasn't been discussed:

Monroe is only 23 and is, quite honestly, one of the more underrated players in the game. He'd make for a fine building block for Boston, along with the other assets that they would acquire. The Pistons would get to keep Drummond, get Rondo to pair with Josh Smith and go from there."

http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2013/7/14/4523254/rajon-rondo-rumors-pistons-celtics-andre-drummond-brandon-knight

• You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:

"Nobody wants him. NOBODY" - Mellymel3

Except the Lakers, Knicks, Kings, Detroit, Houston, Larry Bird, and probably more. I bet the Magic and Bucks would love to have him as well.

I'll take him. Any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Faults and all. He wouldn't be my #1 or #2 option, but he would run the offense. The kids heart goes a long way in my book. Played with a dislocated/hyper-extended elbow, suffered a season ending ACL injury and still tried to come back and play in the next game against Miami. I could go on. The kid is one tough SOB, who foams at the mouth for competition and to play against the best. Intangibles man. Throw-back type attitude you just don't find in pro athletes today. KG disciple. The C's season is over and he's still training and trying to get better at the C's headquarters according to DA.

What I would LOVE to know is, where are you guys getting the knowledge of what Rajon "wants", and "feels he's owed"? A link will do just fine. If I was to give MY ASSUMPTION........... I would say he's talking about going into free agency to get as much as he can. Because he too may realize that he's not worth the max. Therefore, he's going to try to get all he can on the open market. That and/or he's probably sick of all the trade rumors. Just an assumption, nothing more.

You just answered your own question about why we should trade him...and BTW...if all those teams wanted him so badly why hasn't a trade taken place? If they wanted him that badly there would have been fair compensation offered in return. That's the point. They don't REALLY want him unless they put it to DA and the C's. I'd love to have Aldridge if they'd take Green for him but they won't.

Now..aside from "floated" news stories without any names for attribution, what solid proof do you have that real and reasonable offers have been made for the Wee Devilman? Please be specific if you have them...I'd LOVE to know what GM's have made legit offers for the Wee Devilman?

I'm not trying to upset you, but you made the remark...so prove it...PEACE!

I didn't ask the question: Why should we trade him?
    Mel, those "floated stories" have all been reported on. Whether they're true or not. I'm just wanting to be pointed towards reports of Rondo "wanting" or "feeling he's owed" a max deal, as was stated earlier. It may be true. I myself haven't seen anything. Is it Rondo "wanting" or "feeling he's owed", or just what others are assuming?

I didn't answer my own question. I stated an "assumption", or a guess if you will. The earlier posts referenced news on the topic as if it is fact. That he's "wanting" or "feels he's owed" max $$$. I've not heard this, outside from this board of course. I believe those too are assumptions or speculations as well. If you've heard a report on Rondo wanting/looking for/demanding a max deal, throw me a bone dude. If you'd like me to pull those reports on rumored Rondo interest, I guess I could, may take some time to find them all. When I have some time. But those were pretty common knowledge to the fans on here.

Not upset at all Mel. That's ridiculous. Hope you and your family enjoy the holiday.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

[I'd LOVE to know what GM's have made legit offers for the Wee Devilman?

Detroit offered us Brandon Knight. 'nuff said.

Pud

The REAL rumor was Detroit offered Knight, Monroe and Charlie V's expiring for Rondo and Bass. The Celtics asked for Drummond and were laughed at and no deal happened.

We should have grabbed that one when we had the chance!

I apologize in advance for my dislike for the Wee Devilman's game. I don't mean to bore everyone with it...you know by now how I feel about both he and Green-sleeves

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

In response to Karllost's comment:

Then why did you post:

"Many other teams and many of his fellow players would like to play with Rajon Rondo."

"The only people who truly know that answer are the player and his agent, anyone saying more than that is just people talking. "

Are making mindless, contradicting posts then backpeddling from them when exposed & becoming extremely defensive is because you're a fool with low self esteem and just dont know any better?

Me talking generally about players around the league and you talking specifically about Kevin Love as if you know the inside scoop on the situation is not me being contradictory.   I would call that style of misrepresentation almost fierce-like.

But I do thank you for the arm chair psycology Doctor Phil, maybe you can look into the New England self loathing that goes on here next.  

Like maybe start over on the Patriot's board and figure out why we supposedly sux every year and Belichick is supposedly no good at his job, then go to the Sox site and explain how 1/10th into the schedule the season is already over, then head to the Bruins board and talk some of the jumpers off the ledge, lastly come back here and make sense of posters knocking the only All Star and marketable asset on our team who happens to be coming off a knee injury.

Obviously I'm not going to convince you RR is a good player, but you trying to convince us that the rest of the NBA shares you and Dudder's warped view is laughable.  Rajon Rondo is one of the best point guards and maybe the best game manager in the NBA when healthy.  His game is unorthodox, he doesn't necessarily shoot well but he scores points in bushels, hands out more assists than anyone and locks down the most important ball handler on the opposing team.  I'm sorry you can't appreciate his style of play but you yelling at the top of your lungs that he is no good is akin to you trying to convince us the World is flat.

Dear fantasy writer,

Nowhere in my previous posts did I even refer to Kevin Love... please let me know the one you're referring to, liar.

You're pretty pathetic, unable to accept legit criticism because you're so insecure and worse yet, refuse to acknowledge a documented truth and even go a step further to manufacture lies in a feeble, sad effort to defend yourself.

Then why did you post:

"Many other teams and many of his fellow players would like to play with Rajon Rondo."

"The only people who truly know that answer are the player and his agent, anyone saying more than that is just people talking. "

Are making mindless, contradicting posts then backpeddling from them when exposed & becoming extremely defensive is because you're a fool with low self esteem and just dont know any better?

Me talking generally about players around the league and you talking specifically about Kevin Love as if you know the inside scoop on the situation is not me being contradictory.   I would call that style of misrepresentation almost fierce-like.

But I do thank you for the arm chair psycology Doctor Phil, maybe you can look into the New England self loathing that goes on here next.  

Like maybe start over on the Patriot's board and figure out why we supposedly sux every year and Belichick is supposedly no good at his job, then go to the Sox site and explain how 1/10th into the schedule the season is already over, then head to the Bruins board and talk some of the jumpers off the ledge, lastly come back here and make sense of posters knocking the only All Star and marketable asset on our team who happens to be coming off a knee injury.

Obviously I'm not going to convince you RR is a good player, but you trying to convince us that the rest of the NBA shares you and Dudder's warped view is laughable.  Rajon Rondo is one of the best point guards and maybe the best game manager in the NBA when healthy.  His game is unorthodox, he doesn't necessarily shoot well but he scores points in bushels, hands out more assists than anyone and locks down the most important ball handler on the opposing team.  I'm sorry you can't appreciate his style of play but you yelling at the top of your lungs that he is no good is akin to you trying to convince us the World is flat.

Dear fantasy writer,

Nowhere in my previous posts did I even refer to Kevin Love... please let me know the one you're referring to, liar.

You're pretty pathetic, unable to accept legit criticism because you're so insecure and worse yet, refuse to acknowledge a documented truth and even go a step further to manufacture lies in a feeble, sad effort to defend yourself.

Karl............ my god man. Were you left on a doorstep as a baby? Teased a lot in school? Abused maybe? I'm not making light of it if you were. You have anger issues man. I feel for you. Why the constant need to belittle others? You're not being witty, you're being mean. My bad, I'll stay out of it.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

"Nobody wants him. NOBODY" - Mellymel3

Except the Lakers, Knicks, Kings, Detroit, Houston, Larry Bird, and probably more. I bet the Magic and Bucks would love to have him as well.

I'll take him. Any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Faults and all. He wouldn't be my #1 or #2 option, but he would run the offense. The kids heart goes a long way in my book. Played with a dislocated/hyper-extended elbow, suffered a season ending ACL injury and still tried to come back and play in the next game against Miami. I could go on. The kid is one tough SOB, who foams at the mouth for competition and to play against the best. Intangibles man. Throw-back type attitude you just don't find in pro athletes today. KG disciple. The C's season is over and he's still training and trying to get better at the C's headquarters according to DA.

What I would LOVE to know is, where are you guys getting the knowledge of what Rajon "wants", and "feels he's owed"? A link will do just fine. If I was to give MY ASSUMPTION........... I would say he's talking about going into free agency to get as much as he can. Because he too may realize that he's not worth the max. Therefore, he's going to try to get all he can on the open market. That and/or he's probably sick of all the trade rumors. Just an assumption, nothing more.

You just answered your own question about why we should trade him...and BTW...if all those teams wanted him so badly why hasn't a trade taken place? If they wanted him that badly there would have been fair compensation offered in return. That's the point. They don't REALLY want him unless they put it to DA and the C's. I'd love to have Aldridge if they'd take Green for him but they won't.

Now..aside from "floated" news stories without any names for attribution, what solid proof do you have that real and reasonable offers have been made for the Wee Devilman? Please be specific if you have them...I'd LOVE to know what GM's have made legit offers for the Wee Devilman?

I'm not trying to upset you, but you made the remark...so prove it...PEACE!

I didn't ask the question: Why should we trade him?
    Mel, those "floated stories" have all been reported on. Whether they're true or not. I'm just wanting to be pointed towards reports of Rondo "wanting" or "feeling he's owed" a max deal, as was stated earlier. It may be true. I myself haven't seen anything. Is it Rondo "wanting" or "feeling he's owed", or just what others are assuming?

I didn't answer my own question. I stated an "assumption", or a guess if you will. The earlier posts referenced news on the topic as if it is fact. That he's "wanting" or "feels he's owed" max $$$. I've not heard this, outside from this board of course. I believe those too are assumptions or speculations as well. If you've heard a report on Rondo wanting/looking for/demanding a max deal, throw me a bone dude. If you'd like me to pull those reports on rumored Rondo interest, I guess I could, may take some time to find them all. When I have some time. But those were pretty common knowledge to the fans on here.

Not upset at all Mel. That's ridiculous. Hope you and your family enjoy the holiday.

My kind greetings upon this holiday sir to you and yours...you are a gentleman and a scholar!

Then why did you post:

Dear fantasy writer,

Karl............ my god man. Were you left on a doorstep as a baby? Teased a lot in school? Abused maybe? I'm not making light of it if you were. You have anger issues man. I feel for you. Why the constant need to belittle others? You're not being witty, you're being mean. My bad, I'll stay out of it.

Well, I find it cathartic to vent on a person that choses to lie & fabricate to save face & rationalize away their own ignorance. Hope this helps.

BTW, if you sincerely wanted to stay out of it, you could have easily deleted your post right after typing the last sentence.  Guess that  may have been a little too complicated for your tiny brain.  But hey, i'm sure you're doing the best you can with what the big man upstairs gave you. Nothing personal.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Dear fantasy writer,

Sorry I get a lot of the moaning whiners on this board mixed up, the "all of our players sux" drivel all sounds the same.

Then why did you post:

Dear fantasy writer,

Well, I find it cathartic to vent on a person that choses to lie & fabricate to save face & rationalize away their own ignorance. Hope this helps.

BTW, if you sincerely wanted to stay out of it, you could have easily deleted your post right after typing the last sentence.  Guess that  may have been a little too complicated for your tiny brain.  But hey, i'm sure you're doing the best you can with what the big man upstairs gave you. Nothing personal.

No need for the instructions. Was intentional. I left it cause you needed to hear it. For whatever good it'll do........"Nothing personal"? You seem all about personal/childish attacks or jabs. Yet again, hence the reason for my post. Just an observation. Are you an adult, Karl? Young adult maybe?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I don't remember Monroe being involved in that deal. It was Knight and Charlie V. or Stuckey.

"The Pistons are quite interested in Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo, but they don’t have a package to offer that would attract president of basketball operations Danny Ainge to making a deal. The Celtics would presumably ask for emerging center Andre Drummond, who is as close to untouchable as a younger player can get. Detroit would like to send the Celtics Brandon Knight and an expiring contract, but that wouldn’t be nearly enough."

"In any case, CBS Sports' Matt Moore agrees that Drummond is untouchable but (ugh) wonders why Greg Monroe hasn't been discussed:

Monroe is only 23 and is, quite honestly, one of the more underrated players in the game. He'd make for a fine building block for Boston, along with the other assets that they would acquire. The Pistons would get to keep Drummond, get Rondo to pair with Josh Smith and go from there."

http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2013/7/14/4523254/rajon-rondo-rumors-pistons-celtics-andre-drummond-brandon-knight" rel="nofollow">http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2013/7/14/4523254/rajon-rondo-rumors-pistons-celtics-andre-drummond-brandon-knight

So it seems pretty obvious that:

Offer A - Knight and an expiring

and

Counteroffer B - Knight, Drummond and an expiring (with a guy like Bass thrown in)

were both laughed off the table by the respective clubs

so

Middle ground offer - Knight, Monroe, expiring for Rondo and Bass

was almost certainly discussed and then ultimately rejected as the entire article you are citing is hearsay anyhow. If two offers are so far apart in fairness and a 3rd can so easily be made that could be considered 'fair' by both sides then there is little doubt it was made, discussed and ultimately rejected. 

That would not be leaked to people who write about these things b/c it would do nothing but hurt Rondo and Monroe entering the season. The other two offers being leaked should let Rondo to know that his boss thinks he is better than a PG from his alma mater who is younger, higher drafted and cheaper while he also knows his status in the league is less than Drummonds and maybe gets a bit of a chip on his shoulder from that but shouldn't be too offended as very few Shaq/Dwight types enter the league and Drummond has that upside.

It's sad you involved yourself in this and cant seem to let it go...real sign of immaturity. Have a nice weekend, kid. enjoy the sunshine

Then why did you post:

Dear fantasy writer,

No need for the instructions. Was intentional. I left it cause you needed to hear it. For whatever good it'll do........"Nothing personal"? You seem all about personal/childish attacks or jabs. Yet again, hence the reason for my post. Just an observation. Are you an adult, Karl? Young adult maybe?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I personally would have preferred the Pistons offer pick 8, Monroe and Charlie V's expiring for Rondo and Bass at the draft last year. Dropping a bombshell that took place at the same time that KG, Pierce and Terry were shipped out. Thus the entire veteran starting 5 left at the same time in a complete rebuild.

The Celtics draft Carter-Williams at 8 as the PG of the future (Ainge liked him a lot) and with Monroe as an all-offense PF-C the C's don't move up for Olynyk but stand pat at 16 and take Gorgui Dieng.

C - Monroe, Dieng

PF - Sully, Humphries

SF - Green, Wallace

SG - Lee (later Bayless), Bradley

PG - Carter-Williams, Crawford (later Pressey)

would have tanked just a little bit better and probably had pick 4 instead of 6 right now, if Cleveland still gets crazy lucky. There would be no more Love talk and the C's would probably be still considering the same 2 guys in the draft (Vonleh and Gordon) as Exum is too similar to Carter-Williams.

Interesting to think about.

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It's sad you involved yourself in this and cant seem to let it go...real sign of immaturity. Have a nice weekend, kid. enjoy the sunshine

[QUOTE]

Twisting things will not get you out of this Karl. There's nothing more "sad" then your insistent way of belittling others. That's how I know you can't be too old/mature. You've still not learned how to address/talk to people correctly that have a different opinion then your own.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2013/7/14/4523254/rajon-rondo-rumors-pistons-celtics-andre-drummond-brandon-knight" rel="nofollow">http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2013/7/14/4523254/rajon-rondo-rumors-pistons-celtics-andre-drummond-brandon-knight" rel="nofollow">http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2013/7/14/4523254/rajon-rondo-rumors-pistons-celtics-andre-drummond-brandon-knight" rel="nofollow">http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2013/7/14/4523254/rajon-rondo-rumors-pistons-celtics-andre-drummond-brandon-knight" rel="nofollow">http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2013/7/14/4523254/rajon-rondo-rumors-pistons-celtics-andre-drummond-brandon-knight

So it seems pretty obvious that:

Offer A - Knight and an expiring

and

Counteroffer B - Knight, Drummond and an expiring (with a guy like Bass thrown in)

were both laughed off the table by the respective clubs

so

Middle ground offer - Knight, Monroe, expiring for Rondo and Bass

was almost certainly discussed and then ultimately rejected as the entire article you are citing is hearsay anyhow. If two offers are so far apart in fairness and a 3rd can so easily be made that could be considered 'fair' by both sides then there is little doubt it was made, discussed and ultimately rejected. 

That would not be leaked to people who write about these things b/c it would do nothing but hurt Rondo and Monroe entering the season. The other two offers being leaked should let Rondo to know that his boss thinks he is better than a PG from his alma mater who is younger, higher drafted and cheaper while he also knows his status in the league is less than Drummonds and maybe gets a bit of a chip on his shoulder from that but shouldn't be too offended as very few Shaq/Dwight types enter the league and Drummond has that upside.

You said Monroe was involved, I didnt remember ever hearing that, so I did some research and found this article to be the only one from back then that even mentioned Monroe in relation to that trade. And it proved the exact opposite.  You are making complete assumptions to back up your point and displaying them as fact, why should any of us put more stock into the anonymous ramblings of some discussion board hero over a nationally syndicated writer for CBS sports?  

It's not too far out on a limb to say that maybe Danny just doesn't like Monroe's game and squashed it from the get-go. Or that Detroit just loves Monroe and never included him. But nowhere could I find that Monroe was part.

before the trade rumor started up there were experts who surmised that that may be a fair deal, but it never got to the organizational level. Here is another article from SI discussing Detriots unwillingness to include Monroe in a trade for any player at or below Rondo's level.

http://fansided.com/2014/02/02/nba-trade-rumors-detroit-pistons-trade-rajon-rondo-greg-monroe/#!QGztS" rel="nofollow">http://fansided.com/2014/02/02/nba-trade-rumors-detroit-pistons-trade-rajon-rondo-greg-monroe/#!QGztS

Pay special attention to the last line.

"Detroit needs something to happen, but whatever happens will need to do so without trading Greg Monroe."   Which is why he wasn't traded during the year.

• Sections
    Shortcuts