Rondo for Al Jefferson or Dwight Howard this summer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Rondo for Al Jefferson or Dwight Howard this summer

I am good with Bradley and Lee as our young backcourt. They can only get better. Al Jefferson and K.G. in our frontcourt will be AWESOME!!!! Sully and Bass to back them up. High quality rotation.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Re: Rondo for Al Jefferson or Dwight Howard this summer

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

I am good with Bradley and Lee as our young backcourt. They can only get better. Al Jefferson and K.G. in our frontcourt will be AWESOME!!!! Sully and Bass to back them up. High quality rotation.

We do not now want, and have never wanted DH.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Ideally it would be Bass and Lee for Big Al. THAT is MUCH sweeter!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

Ideally it would be Bass and Lee for Big Al. THAT is MUCH sweeter!!!!

Actually, Big Al is a free agent this summer.  We don't have to trade anyone, just trim salary.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

I'm torn on DH..........potential....but a head case.........

we need a big though

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I would do either one.  Anyone that doesn't think Howard could help us knows nothing about basketball.  That all his warts and all.  Jefferson teamed with KG and all of a sudden we have a formidable front line.  The would mean we need some type of PG though.  

Hopefully Williams turns into that guy.  He is very talented if his head is on right.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Doc love Gordon Hayward but they aren't giving him up.

Rondo for Big Al & Randy Foye

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Doc love Gordon Hayward but they aren't giving him up.

Rondo for Big Al & Randy Foye

I have always liked Gordon.   What did Doc say that make you think he loves him?  Did he say something that I missed?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Sherrod Blakely said that he's always talking about him to the asst coaches. He's gritty and fearless.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I don't know why Danny couldn't swing to get JJ Hickson. He's only at 4M, Portland was looking for a pick, and he'd be a FA after the season. After we got Crawford, we should have swung Lee & pick for Hickson. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

I would do either one.  Anyone that doesn't think Howard could help us knows nothing about basketball.  That all his warts and all.  Jefferson teamed with KG and all of a sudden we have a formidable front line.  The would mean we need some type of PG though.  

Hopefully Williams turns into that guy.  He is very talented if his head is on right.

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Another WAY out there hope from Hedley -

If KG retires, my vision for next year would be:

Evans, Bradley, Green, Clark, Cousins

Terry, Crawford, Pierce, Sullinger, Bargnani

Williams, Wilcox and Melo.............

Ah....to dream!!!

If KG retires,  PP will be gone as well.   Bargnari?    I am going to throw up.  How can we get Evan and Cousins?

Rondo for Evans and Cousins.  Bagnani needs a change of scenery, and would be a very good bench player........the expectations in TOR are too high.

===========================================

One on One...

Much of the following I responded to you in the Pierce vs Green Discussion. I want to agree with you again about Rondo for Cousins & Evans and/or Dwight Howard.

Key too would be to have KG definitely play another year & even use PP, slow and old perhaps but still effective, as a PG along with the young guys !!!

Regarding Pierce, irrespective of bad shooting % nights and being called hogging the ball, Kobe has higher scoring numbers than PP and "why"...because he has had Bynum & Gasol & now Howard & Gasol to get the team ususally +10 in rebounds, aka second shots. Kobe can shoot 25% and have a terrible night and then get a clutch "3" or drive to the basket winning shot.  PP, irrespective of turnovers, is probably our 2nd best rebounder to KG(don't know stats) & remember 2 years ago he won the best shooting "3"s contest. Tell me he didn't win the Utah game...yup missed the game winner but then got 7 pts in a row in OT. Get us a big man, Cousins or Howard,  for rebound advantages/second chance shots & PP would have Kobe numbers !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

I don't know why Danny couldn't swing to get JJ Hickson. He's only at 4M, Portland was looking for a pick, and he'd be a FA after the season. After we got Crawford, we should have swung Lee & pick for Hickson. 

Crazy if that is true. Hickson can score and rebound.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Big Al is the worst defensive center in the game. Doc won't want that. and the Lakers won't trade Howard. So don't expect this to happen. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

Big Al is the worst defensive center in the game. Doc won't want that. and the Lakers won't trade Howard. So don't expect this to happen. 

You might be right about the Celtics not signing either one of them.  But we do need another big man who can play center or power forward.  Danny really needs to focus on signing someone to help in this area during the summer.  Maybe another possibility is drafting someone to help at these positions. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

You might be right about the Celtics not signing either one of them.  But we do need another big man who can play center or power forward.  Danny really needs to focus on signing someone to help in this area during the summer.  Maybe another possibility is drafting someone to help at these positions. 

Bi Al, might not be a great defender, but he is a great low post player and rebounder, exactly what this team lacks. DA should have traded for him this year. Big Al would have made Pierce and Garnett's life much easier because he can command double teams.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

You can't do sign and trades with free agents anymore

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Really? That's part of the new CBA...wow, how did the NBAPA agree to that? No wonder Hunter is gone...what a stupid move.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i like lee if we can keep him. i like bass off the bench with sully starting, but if trading him helps free up space for a big, so be it. i think we need a true 5. sully can start at the 4 for years. green can start at the 3. bradley at the 1 or 2. ideally, we'd get either a true 1 (assuming we trade rondo), or a 2 who can actually shoot lights out. bradley is that tweener type who can play both G positions, but won't be exceptional at either. terry is not young, whoever it was that said that. lol

rondo, sully, bradley, green are our most valuable pieces going forward. we need to build around them/add to them. a 5, like i said, would be ideal. a young 2 would also be a nice addition to that nucleus.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Really? That's part of the new CBA...wow, how did the NBAPA agree to that? No wonder Hunter is gone...what a stupid move.

I'm pretty sure. I may be wrong, but you know I have a life and a wife and a real job so I don't spent 20 hours a day here like board bully/loser fierce or make 'being right' and insulting those who are not the main priority of my day like he does.

So he can probably find you the exact wording in the CBA, I've got him on ignore like the rest of the board should, but maybe I'll see his answer in someone's response to him. I def think it was eliminated though.

That is why I was pushing a Rondo and Bass for Jefferson and Hayward trade before the deadline.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

I'm pretty sure. I may be wrong, but you know I have a life and a wife and a real job so I don't spent 20 hours a day here like board bully/loser fierce or make 'being right' and insulting those who are not the main priority of my day like he does.

So he can probably find you the exact wording in the CBA, I've got him on ignore like the rest of the board should, but maybe I'll see his answer in someone's response to him. I def think it was eliminated though.

That is why I was pushing a Rondo and Bass for Jefferson and Hayward trade before the deadline.

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/02/20/cba-trade-deadline.ap/index.html

Under the previous agreement, if a team exceeded the luxury tax level by $4 million, it paid an additional $4 million in tax penalties. If it went over by $14 million, it paid $14 million in penalties.

Next season, because of various increases in penalties, that $4 million will cost a team $6 million. And the team that goes over by $14 million will be hit with a $26.25 million bill.

To make matters worse, any team that exceeds the cap "apron" - which is $4 million over the existing luxury tax level - is not allowed to bring in a player in a sign-and-trade deal. That team also will only be able to offer a three-year mid-level exception deal to a free agent rather than the four-year exception that teams under the apron can offer, putting them at a bargaining disadvantage on the open market.

And to top it all off, any team that has exceeded the cap in three of the previous four seasons starting in 2014-15 will be subject to "repeater rates," which increase the penalties even further.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

We should bring in some hot young talent that can develop over KGs last two years ... like how about a rookie who's lottery caliber, strong rebounder with a shot that can play the 4 or 5. And then how bout a guy with real potential, a raw 7+ footer with insane blocking ability who'w still learning the game and in sponge mode.

How about two guys like that?!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Lets be clear there are no trades to be made for either one of these guys, the deadline has passed and they both are free agents!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

We should bring in some hot young talent that can develop over KGs last two years ... like how about a rookie who's lottery caliber, strong rebounder with a shot that can play the 4 or 5. And then how bout "a guy with real potential, a raw 7+ footer with insane blocking ability who'w still learning the game" and in sponge mode.

How about two guys like that?!

"a guy with real potential, a raw 7+ footer with insane blocking ability who'w still learning the game"  You mean like.... Fab Melo?  How does Boston get the lottery caliber player without being in the lottery or not having or unwilling to give up the desireable parts to trade for one?  Just asking.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

Under the previous agreement, if a team exceeded the luxury tax level by $4 million, it paid an additional $4 million in tax penalties. If it went over by $14 million, it paid $14 million in penalties.

Next season, because of various increases in penalties, that $4 million will cost a team $6 million. And the team that goes over by $14 million will be hit with a $26.25 million bill.

To make matters worse, any team that exceeds the cap "apron" - which is $4 million over the existing luxury tax level - is not allowed to bring in a player in a sign-and-trade deal. That team also will only be able to offer a three-year mid-level exception deal to a free agent rather than the four-year exception that teams under the apron can offer, putting them at a bargaining disadvantage on the open market.

And to top it all off, any team that has exceeded the cap in three of the previous four seasons starting in 2014-15 will be subject to "repeater rates," which increase the penalties even further.

Wow, how dumb can the NBAPA be to agree to screw themselves. It will be a trickle down affect to the players getting paid. Unbelievable...protecting owners and GMs from themselves.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[/QUOTE]

Neither the C's or Jazz are in line to exceed the tax by 4 million, so I guess that means they can make such a trade?

If Utah was willing I would trade Rondo for Big Al... as long as we could get the deal sweetened a bit. Like include Bass, Melo and Crawford and get back Hayward or Foye or Mo Will (signed and traded) with Utah's #1.