Rondo for Al Jefferson or Dwight Howard this summer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Rondo for Al Jefferson or Dwight Howard this summer

In response to rameakap's comment:

You can't do sign and trades with free agents anymore

Rame - is that for all teams, or just those over the cap?  Does that mean the lakers could lose Howard for nothing this off-season?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Forget Jefferson, forget Howard. Sign Oden at short money. It's time for the Celtics' luck to turn around. Watch Oden finally be healthy and emerge as the franchise center he should have been fresh out of Ohio State. Overpay for him, if necessary. Signing an injury risk and hoping for the best is the only way the Celtics will be able to add a quality center. Andrew Bynum fits this category too, but I think he'll still get huge dollars from somebody, probably Philadelphia which needs something to show for Andre Igoudala. The difference between Bynum and Oden is that Bynum already proved himself a top NBA cener when healthy. Oden has yet to sustain any kind of success at the professional level in large part because he can't stay on the court for more than a couple months at a time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Keep Rondo, go after Smith this summer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to davidap's comment:

Forget Jefferson, forget Howard. Sign Oden at short money. It's time for the Celtics' luck to turn around. Watch Oden finally be healthy and emerge as the franchise center he should have been fresh out of Ohio State. Overpay for him, if necessary. Signing an injury risk and hoping for the best is the only way the Celtics will be able to add a quality center. Andrew Bynum fits this category too, but I think he'll still get huge dollars from somebody, probably Philadelphia which needs something to show for Andre Igoudala. The difference between Bynum and Oden is that Bynum already proved himself a top NBA cener when healthy. Oden has yet to sustain any kind of success at the professional level in large part because he can't stay on the court for more than a couple months at a time.

I don't believe that Oden will never be healthy for an entire season. Although, he is worth taking a chance on.   Bynum is also very talented and probably the best center in the league when healthy.  Just not sure if he will ever be healthy for an entire season.  I don't know what is going to happen to Bynum for the remainder of his career.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

In response to rameakap's comment:

You can't do sign and trades with free agents anymore

Rame - is that for all teams, or just those over the cap?  Does that mean the lakers could lose Howard for nothing this off-season?

Based on the info mployee provided, looks like its any team 4m over the lux tax amount that can't do sign and trades, so C's (and Utah) should be good.

Lakers of course are nowhere close to being under and have no shot at signing and trading Howard

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonsy12. Show jonsy12's posts

Such a tough decision! Rondo can blow your mind with his moves and even his shooting occasionally, but he is kind of a dick. Would love a solid big like Jefferson, you know what your getting. I like some earlier posts suggesting also getting a Foye/Hayward. I think it's time because I don't think his trade value will go up, he still has a little mystery and the more we see from him the more he annoys. More tantrums and feeling up refs will not help trade value and I don't see it changing. 

Sections
Shortcuts