Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak

Actually i don't even want to give up Rondo...i was caught wiht the drama..
    I say now way to this,,once cooler heads prevail...Can't  trust the lakers anyway...they can have bradley...and Steamer...ha ha..

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak:
    [QUOTE]Over 80% of Lakers fans reading this article say they would prefer having Rondo over Gasol according to the poll.  I don't think we should take on over $30M is salary over the next two years for Mr. Softie. In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak :
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan[/QUOTE]
    OC-CeltsFan
    Last time I lived in the States, I was in Fullerton.
    Where you hanging out?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]I was wondering when someone was going to post this. I like it! Actually, this is the 2nd time this rumor has popped up. Donny Marshall originally said his sources were telling him Rondo would be shopped to an unlikely west coast team (Lakers). Where there is smoke, there is usually fire. Now, question. If the Lakers use the trade exception they got from Dallas, can they acquire Rindo without having to take on any additional salary? I ask because again I really don't want the C's to give up JO
    Posted by Accension13[/QUOTE]hmm, i've only done 3 threads on this lately. its obvious that rondo's days are numbered. his value is the highest it will ever be. he's cheap, an all-star and has to h=go BEFORE the new stringent salary cap kicks in. we can keep the big 3 and add a stud in gasol. or trade rondoand ray in exchange for bynum and a steve blake. but yep gasol for rondo works perfectly for both sides. gasol's deal has 2 more years left (right when new cba kicks in) and we can go with the young guys we draft and have on board. playing with garnett will only make gasol tougher. we will finally have a low-post presence. sorry, there are lots of PGs that can do the job rr can for us. lakes need him more. kobe will be very happpy with rr. for closing time, d-fish will be on the floor, something doc is hesitant to do NOW.

so give lakes rr and jo for gasol and a #1 pick. we must get a pick. now we'll have a real big 4 from the top of the snake all the way to the SG. our defense won't suffer much. plus how long will jo stay healthy? this is the perfect time to trade our extra parts. frankly steimsma could be better than jo. btw, our defense is #1 in everything, that may improve for rr simply is an overrated defenser (avery is far better). but our OFFENSE will certainly get even more deadly and tip the skills in a matchup with both chicago and miami! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Bad trade, Gasol's best years are behind him. 

Can someone name one time when "hoops world" has broken a real, legit basketball story? I can't. I'd take "hoops world" with a grain of salt for its anonymous "reporting".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kycleptic. Show kycleptic's posts

I find it hilarious that some Celtic fans don't want to trade with the Lakers because they are the Lakers and we are the Celtics. We hate each other that's why we will not help each other. Very childish if you ask me.

It's also amusing how some Celtic fans here think Pau Gasol is soft. Didn't the we lose in the Finals 2 years ago because of Gasol's rebounding and scoring inside the paint? Hmm...

Rondo is a great player, a great PG. However, championships are won in the paint. The Lakers have more titles than the Celtics since Gasol became a Laker. The only constant on the Lakers, besides Kobe, is Derek Fisher. Fish doesn't have stats like Rondo. He's not even averaging in double figures. But in the 4th quarter Fish will demoralize you with a dagger 3. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

That is an awful trade for the Celtics. Most of us here were trashing Gasoft as soft and he is 6 years older than Rondo 31 - 25.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]One has to wonder who's the stupider fan base.
    Posted by stooltips[/QUOTE]
    So opinionated and only 17 posts.  You just started here huh?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]Really bad trade.........If the trade ever happened you would probably hasten DH decision to play for LA.......I am sure now that he looks at LA with a 1) no point guard to get him the ball 2) an aging team....worse than the Celtics 3) he would be looking at rebuilding......... Don't do it Danny........we are starting to look pretty good........don't destroy team chemistry again like you did with the Perk trade last year.........like I have always posted...........play this team into next year when we loose KG and RA salaries (hopefully resign them at lower amounts) and use our draft picks to get younger....... Remember the old motto.,,,,,,,,,,,,if it works don't fix it........
    Posted by damfuno[/QUOTE]
    You are expressing my fears about this trade.  On one hand I see Rondo not improving and holding us back and on the other Gasol seems like a weak solution.  I wish we could find a way to be another big man.  A player like Varajeo is the right kind of player, unfortunately they have a very good young point guard.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Huntington Beach In response to "Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : OC-CeltsFan Last time I lived in the States, I was in Fullerton. Where you hanging out? Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]or worse, Rondo develops his outside shot an sinks a 3ptr for the win..thanks for making sense of this nonsense...Lakers trolls would never let us forget how we got sqrewed...
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

Not likely anytime soon.

Rondo took his first buzzer beater in year 5 and drew nothing but iron.

By my calculations, baring injury or unfortunate/incidental POTUS comments, he will take  his next sometime in year 8.5 to 8.7... and all bets are off.

As I recall, it took Barney Fife 8 episodes to make his first solo arrest.

Poor, pitiful Otis.... NAILED!!!

But then again, Barney never had the puff/swagger that #9 has.

Pud

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak:
    [QUOTE]http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-2-rondo-for-gasol-a-possiblity “Well, if there were a way for us to get a 25-year-old, All-Star, ball-handling guard we’d love to do it … Applying that logic to the Trudell quote, there is exactly one 25-year-old, All-Star, ball-handling guard in the league. Rajon Rondo. Note:  “ball-handling guard” is triangle-speak for a point guard. Additionally, sources have told HOOSPWORLD that the Boston Celtics do have interest in Gasol for their All-Star point guard.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]  "LET ME BE CLEAR",  DO IT !!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    For the life of me I don't understand why people bring roomers and/or propose trades involving RR and/or 1st round picks?
    I thought it's a well established fact that Celtics will be (if not already are) in rebuilding mode that does require as many and as higher picks as possible.
    As for RR, he is a young elite PG. Celtics don't have anyone who can substitute him on permanent basis. And he can be a major building block in the new team. So, why would you trade him away, in the case of this thread, for a PF who has left 2-3 years, at best, in him.

In any case, Celtics, IMHO, are not looking for a band-aid for this season or the next. They're looking for a new team that can become a contender in a couple of years.

AK

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Would bradley and Bass work????
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE] BRADLEY & BASS ARE PART OF THE "SOLUTION" AND NOT THE PROBLEM !!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

DO IT, DO IT, OH GOOD LORD DANNY JUST DO IT..... LET RONDO GET HURT PLAYING FOR THE LAKERS INSTEAD OF US !!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

I never understood the "soft" label for Gasol. Point is, he's still a very good, versatile big man and likely to be good for another couple years. Good bigs are much harder to come by than good PGs. Gasol and KG together have me salivating, even if it may be for only a year.
    If we can get another quality big for Rondo, sure, but who????

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

And to everybody hoping/expecting that Rondo will improve his (FT) shooting, forget it. Thats not going to happen in my opinion.