Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak

In Response to Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak:
    [QUOTE]http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-2-rondo-for-gasol-a-possiblity “Well, if there were a way for us to get a 25-year-old, All-Star, ball-handling guard we’d love to do it … Applying that logic to the Trudell quote, there is exactly one 25-year-old, All-Star, ball-handling guard in the league. Rajon Rondo. Note:  “ball-handling guard” is triangle-speak for a point guard. Additionally, sources have told HOOSPWORLD that the Boston Celtics do have interest in Gasol for their All-Star point guard.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    Yes!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

I was wondering when someone was going to post this. I like it! Actually, this is the 2nd time this rumor has popped up. Donny Marshall originally said his sources were telling him Rondo would be shopped to an unlikely west coast team (Lakers). Where there is smoke, there is usually fire. Now, question. If the Lakers use the trade exception they got from Dallas, can they acquire Rindo without having to take on any additional salary? I ask because again I really don't want the C's to give up JO

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

If this ever happened there would obviously be additional players/draft picks involved.

I don't see why LA would make this trade.
    They desperately need a pg but they most likely can keep Gasol and get a pg through a trade with players and draft picks or their trade exception.

Rondo is a better player then probably anybody on LA's radar but I don't think he is a great fit for LA.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak:
    [QUOTE]If this ever happened there would obviously be additional players/draft picks involved. I don't see why LA would make this trade. They desperately need a pg but they most likely can keep Gasol and get a pg through a trade with players and draft picks or their trade exception. Rondo is a better player then probably anybody on LA's radar but I don't think he is a great fit for LA.
    Posted by GinaM1977[/QUOTE]
    You are trading a 25 year old for a 31 year old big man?  Don't get excited you won't get much more unless it is to make salaries match.

As usual your interest in the Pacers and Wolves is a bald faced lie.  You are a child.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

hes a perfect fit in  a sytem that is designed to feed a ball hog...
    I don't like giving up JO..we need him for the playoffs....but getting gasol makes us an elite team for sure. can you believe him and Kg down low?? Bring it Lebrains....Lets give them the Steamer...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1057754-lakers-rumors-trading-pau-gasol-for-rajon-rondo-worth-shelving-celtics-beef
    another article adding fuel to the fire!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I know one Laker fan that would be sick.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

how credible are these sites?  

It aint happening!!!!  I don't care about who the player is-it's the FAKERS and our arch enemy.  NO WAY DO WE HELP THEM HELP US!!!!!!!!!!  As a fan, it would be hard to get over this........

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Would bradley and Bass work????

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]how credible are these sites?   It aint happening!!!!  I don't care about who the player is-it's the FAKERS and our arch enemy.  NO WAY DO WE HELP THEM HELP US!!!!!!!!!!  As a fan, it would be hard to get over this........
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]
    I'd be pulling hairs over this, but stranger things have happened.
    For some strange reason which I can't quite identify, I think if the numbers matched up, Danny would actually like to do a trade like this.  Remember his quotes on trading Bird and his trading Perk last year.   YIKES!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stooltips. Show stooltips's posts

Rajon would have Mike Brown chewed up in no time.

Just kidding. 14 dimes tonight with 0 TOs for Rondo. As a team, 41 buckets tonight on 31 assists, 77 on 59 for the last two games. Everyone's being careful what they wish for, right?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]Rajon would have Mike Brown chewed up in no time. Just kidding. 14 dimes tonight with 0 TOs for Rondo. As a team, 41 buckets tonight on 31 assists, 77 on 59 for the last two games. Everyone's being careful what they wish for, right?
    Posted by stooltips[/QUOTE]

No ,they want a soft 31 year old big man who stunk up the playoffs last year and at best, duplicates KG, so that Dooling Bradley ,Moore ,and maybe Marquis can share the point-guard role . Oh my.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Who was the last player LA got from us?
    Was it Rick Fox?
    Sorry, brain noxious emission (had to euphamize twice to get it past the auto censor).  Troy Murphy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Fox wasn't resigned or let go by Pitino and Murphy was only on a one year deal.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Rick Fox left as a Free Agent when Pitino voided his contract.

All kidding aside, and as good as the deal may be for both teams - NEVER trust the lakers in any trade!!  We would get Gasol, and his visa would be voided, and he'd have to return to Spain....lol
    NO to this trade!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : You are trading a 25 year old for a 31 year old big man?  Don't get excited you won't get much more unless it is to make salaries match. As usual your interest in the Pacers and Wolves is a bald faced lie.  You are a child.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Amen, brother, mtrax fools no one!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]Fox wasn't resigned or let go by Pitino and Murphy was only on a one year deal.
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]
    Thanks for clarifying.
    Could you please not refer to P*t*n* by his complete name in the future. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

No thanks for that trade.  Gasol is about to get old and there are no point guards coming out of the next couple of drafts.  Bird recently said, "if you have a point guard, you should keep him".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Were they just a couple years apart in age, I'd say yes, but as it is, 31 and 25, I say no, not a good deal for the Celtics.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Everyone realizes the salaries don't match, right?  We'd have to give them JON to make it work - he would discover the fountain of youth and hit a game winner against us in the Finals....NO thanks!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

or worse, Rondo develops his outside shot an sinks a 3ptr for the win..thanks for making sense of this nonsense...Lakers trolls would never let us forget how we got sqrewed...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Over 80% of Lakers fans reading this article say they would prefer having Rondo over Gasol according to the poll. 
    I don't think we should take on over $30M is salary over the next two years for Mr. Softie.

[QUOTE]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1057754-lakers-rumors-trading-pau-gasol-for-rajon-rondo-worth-shelving-celtics-beef another article adding fuel to the fire!
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stooltips. Show stooltips's posts

One has to wonder who's the stupider fan base.

25. This post has been removed.