Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak

In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : That's what I'm worried about - no one has really yet "fleeced" the lakers in  a trade.............and if anyone thinks they can,  they are not paying attention!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

DA is enough of a grifter to maybe want to try.

Pud

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Moore and Bradley are too i nexperienced and that would definitely show at play-off time. We wouldn't get past the first round. Second don't trade youth and the future for a limited now. Third, concern; Rondo goes to Lakers, they acquire Howard, now with Rondo everyone has a problem expecially us. 
    Posted by ronnie0729[/QUOTE]

That's like Sheriff Andy Taylor being afraid to fire Barney Fife because Deputy Fife might return seeking to even the score.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1059387-nba-rumors-celtics-should-only-deal-rajon-rondo-to-lakers-for-andrew-bynum

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not specifying Kupchak in particular, but the Lakers front office that has more than proven itself for over 30 years. But the Gasol trade in particular (as well as the CP3 trade that basically went through if it weren't for the shady Stern business) seems to have put quite the fear into teams. And exactly what role did West play with the Gasol trade? He left the Grizzlies GM spot in 07.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]
    You tell me the trade was made right as West went out the door with Chris Wallace coming in of all people.  C'mon you know the trade had a smell on it right from the get go.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : You tell me the trade was made right as West went out the door with Chris Wallace coming in of all people.  C'mon you know the trade had a smell on it right from the get go.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]
    West left in 07. The trade happened in 08. If you are the conspiracy theory type, then sure. Have at it. But the facts suggest otherwise.

The Lakers pulled off a brilliant move. A move that ultimately benefitted the Grizzlies (Marc Gasol) as well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2840564

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/080201gasol_trade.html

7 months to the day - no consulting could have possibly happened in that time, right?

Two words for you - Aaron McKie

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/4424/aaron-mckie-is-not-the-only-nba-coach-who-could-get-traded

A move that was made ILLEGAL two years later, when the Cavs tried to trade Wally Sczerbiak's contract - Stern "vetoed" that one!!  Wally was an announcer for the Cavs at the time!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : Other than the Grizzlies letting you steal Gasol with West's help. What great trades or acquisitions are you referring to?   Blake, McRoberts, Barnes, Kapono, other than free agency and West's draft of Kobe what has Kupchak done?
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Kupchak's 3 more recent trades all went in favor of LA.
    Getting Trevor Ariza for Brian Cook and Maurice Evans
    Getting Pau Gasol for Marc Gasol and 1st round draft picks
    Getting Shannon Brown for Radmonovic

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Another post Rondo trade idea....

Ray Allen and 2 #1 picks to GS for Monta Ellis.

C's could have a lineup of Ellis, Pietrius, Pierce, Garnett, and Gasol. Would be a very big, talented, athletic defensive team with no holes on offense. Ellis is not a true PG, but he is a good enough ball handler to be the teams primary ball handler. Ball distribution should not be a problem because all five players are decent passers.

GS does the deal because Ellis and Curry dont work well together. They have tried it for 2-3 years now and the results are the same. Ray would allow Curry to move over the point exclusively. Curry and Ray together would be dynamic from three and might be enough to get them in to playoffs as an eigth seed. The 2 picks sweeten the deal for GS.

I think its possible, but only after the DH situation gets settled. GS want to be  a player in the DH sweepstakes too. Ellis is one of there main chips

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2840564 http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/080201gasol_trade.html 7 months to the day - no consulting could have possibly happened in that time, right? Two words for you - Aaron McKie http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/4424/aaron-mckie-is-not-the-only-nba-coach-who-could-get-traded A move that was made ILLEGAL two years later, when the Cavs tried to trade Wally Sczerbiak's contract - Stern "vetoed" that one!!  Wally was an announcer for the Cavs at the time!!
    Guess I'm not on "ignore" anymore. ;)

We've been through this countless times. Anyone could ask anyone else their opinion of a potential trade. If you are suggesting Chris Wallace asked West his opinion of the trade before it happened, I suppose that is possible. CW could have asked his mother-in-law, too. If you are suggesting that West somehow forced CW to make the move on his personal behalf, that is lunacy.

Just admit that the Lakers made a great move and leave it at that. The conspiracy stuff just reeks of desperation.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Another post Rondo trade idea.... Ray Allen and 2 #1 picks to GS for Monta Ellis. C's could have a lineup of Ellis, Pietrius, Pierce, Garnett, and Gasol. Would be a very big, talented, athletic defensive team with no holes on offense. Ellis is not a true PG, but he is a good enough ball handler to be the teams primary ball handler. Ball distribution should not be a problem because all five players are decent passers. GS does the deal because Ellis and Curry dont work well together. They have tried it for 2-3 years now and the results are the same. Ray would allow Curry to move over the point exclusively. Curry and Ray together would be dynamic from three and might be enough to get them in to playoffs as an eigth seed. The 2 picks sweeten the deal for GS. I think its possible, but only after the DH situation gets settled. GS want to be  a player in the DH sweepstakes too. Ellis is one of there main chips
    Posted by Accension13[/QUOTE]

I believe this was discussed two years ago.  Danny was shopping Ray, and Ellis was one of the names.........glad he didn't do it.  NOW?  Well, I don't want to give up both picks - but I would trade Ray for Ellis - he is a legit scorer!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

This thread is smoking hot, just like you, myaim... Tongue Out

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : I believe this was discussed two years ago.  Danny was shopping Ray, and Ellis was one of the names.........glad he didn't do it.  NOW?  Well, I don't want to give up both picks - but I would trade Ray for Ellis - he is a legit scorer!

I was actually for the deal back then when it was a rumor, but I am also glad they did not do it then. Now, I could see a deal like that happening post rondo. Even though Ellis is not a PG he could play the role excellently in the C's offense. The C's would then have 2 players that can get their own shot at will (Ellis and Pierce), and a post who can score down low against almost anyone one on one. If they settle on Ellis at the PG, they could look to try to add depth at the wing through players that get bought out

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : Kupchak's 3 more recent trades all went in favor of LA. Getting Trevor Ariza for Brian Cook and Maurice Evans Getting Pau Gasol for Marc Gasol and 1st round draft picks Getting Shannon Brown for Radmonovic
    Posted by GinaM1977[/QUOTE]

Marc Gasol was not the key player in that deal, stop lying!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : Guess I'm not on "ignore" anymore. ;) We've been through this countless times. Anyone could ask anyone else their opinion of a potential trade. If you are suggesting Chris Wallace asked West his opinion of the trade before it happened, I suppose that is possible. CW could have asked his mother-in-law, too. If you are suggesting that West somehow forced CW to make the move on his personal behalf, that is lunacy. Just admit that the Lakers made a great move and leave it at that. The conspiracy stuff just reeks of desperation.

lakers made a great move - helped along by a retired player's contract, which has since been declared illegal.

Your thoughts on the KG trade?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : Marc Gasol was not the key player in that deal, stop lying!!

No, Pau was the key player.
    Marc was 2nd.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : lakers made a great move - helped along by a retired player's contract, which has since been declared illegal. Your thoughts on the KG trade?
    Perfectly legal. But most definitely aided by McHale's relationship with Ainge and his unwillingness to help the Lakers.

But I'm sure quite a bit of what happens within GM circles has to do with relationships.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : No, Pau was the key player. Marc was 2nd.
    No one knew he'd blossom like he has, but Marc was definitely highly regarded by the Lakers.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : No, Pau was the key player. Marc was 2nd.

So, the deal was Pau and draft picks for Marc?  Before you add this to your list of things I will never let you live down, let me remind you that second rounds picks have ZERO trade value - they don't count.  Also, the guy had NO NBA experience at the time.  Seems to me, if you needed a center, you could have gone to the "highly regarded (what a joke) Marc Gasol."

And, Pau was brought in to play CENTER, right?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : Perfectly legal. But most definitely aided by McHale's relationship with Ainge and his unwillingness to help the Lakers. But I'm sure quite a bit of what happens within GM circles has to do with relationships.

This kills me to say but THANK YOU.  First lakers fan I've met who didn't whine about it................don't forget KG is on record as saying he didn't want to get involved in kobe and phil's little drama.

Speaking of Bynum and Odom - give me your honest opinion of this.
    I tell my lakers friends out here that IF the lakers cut out the Rockets, and traded directly with the Hornets, and gave Bynum and Odom for Paul and Okafor, the deal would have probably gone through.........what do you think?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : So, the deal was Pau and draft picks for Marc?  Before you add this to your list of things I will never let you live down, let me remind you that second rounds picks have ZERO trade value - they don't count.  Also, the guy had NO NBA experience at the time.  Seems to me, if you needed a center, you could have gone to the "highly regarded (what a joke) Marc Gasol." And, Pau was brought in to play CENTER, right?
    Marc WAS highly regarded by the Lakers - the reason he didn't get drafted higher than the second round was because he was a young European player that hadn't given any inclination when he'd come over to play in the U.S.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : So, the deal was Pau and draft picks for Marc?  Before you add this to your list of things I will never let you live down, let me remind you that second rounds picks have ZERO trade value - they don't count.  Also, the guy had NO NBA experience at the time.  Seems to me, if you needed a center, you could have gone to the "highly regarded (what a joke) Marc Gasol." And, Pau was brought in to play CENTER, right?

Marc has always had very good skills.
    He was terribly overweight and out of shape before he was in the NBA.
    LA needed a center for the 2007-08 season when Bynum went down with an injury.
    Mark stayed in Europe for a year after he was drafted and there was rumors that he might stay for 2 years.

I guess it won't help your pathetic argument if Marc makes the all-star team and Pau doesn't.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak : This kills me to say but THANK YOU.  First lakers fan I've met who didn't whine about it................don't forget KG is on record as saying he didn't want to get involved in kobe and phil's little drama. Speaking of Bynum and Odom - give me your honest opinion of this. I tell my lakers friends out here that IF the lakers cut out the Rockets, and traded directly with the Hornets, and gave Bynum and Odom for Paul and Okafor, the deal would have probably gone through.........what do you think?
    Not sure. Remember the Lakers were holding onto Bynum to get DH, so I'm not sure that deal would've even been broached. But then it depends on what you believe the factors were in holding up the Lakers' CP3 deal. Was it the stated reason that Stern wanted the Hornets to get young talent or was it the Gilbert-led owners angry over what a great deal it was for the Lakers? Either way, it was shady at best.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

As an fyi, Boston's pick in the second round of the 2007 Draft which was 16 picks before LA chose Gasol was Gabe Pruitt.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Rondo for Gasol - Mitch Kupchak:
    [QUOTE]http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-2-rondo-for-gasol-a-possiblity “Well, if there were a way for us to get a 25-year-old, All-Star, ball-handling guard we’d love to do it … Applying that logic to the Trudell quote, there is exactly one 25-year-old, All-Star, ball-handling guard in the league. Rajon Rondo. Note:  “ball-handling guard” is triangle-speak for a point guard. Additionally, sources have told HOOSPWORLD that the Boston Celtics do have interest in Gasol for their All-Star point guard.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

"ball handling point guard" is triangle speak for incomplete.... BIGs and wings win titles......

Jason Kidd and Mike Bibby were the point guards in the finals last year...

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts