Rondo for George HIll is fair?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Rondo for George HIll is fair?

They should be able to do a lot better than Hill.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

This aint going to happen

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jacqm64. Show jacqm64's posts

Rondo for George HIll is fair? if you add Paul George and Roy Hibbert.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah51M8Fdq3c

you cannot find this caliber of a montage with hill

Celtics will be 2015 champions behind Rondo 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

While not wanting to get involved here, or take sides, I do want to add my two cents worth:

1.  Like Rame, like Fierce, like Mployee........I like all Celtics fans.

2.  As guilty as I am of going back and forth with trolls, it's different when Celtics fans do it, to the detriment of the board.  We are all fans, and we all have our own opinions.

3.  None of us really knows what DA will do, or how he really feels ( or Stevens does) about Rondo.

4.  We are surmising that he will trade Rondo - most of us are, anyway.  So let's go with that.

5.  I tell my students every year that "fair" is a 4 letter word.  "Fair" does not mean equal.  And after reading these posts, my opinion is that judgement is clouded by the use of the word "fair."

6.  Rondo WAS an all-star PG.  What he is now is anyone's guess.  Maybe his play was enhanced by the Big 3, and maybe he'll be even better now.  We don't know because he's hurt.

7.  IMO - and I want to stress that,  we need to look not as us, but at teams that may want the young-petulant-talented-moody-passfirst-but-really-can't-shoot PG.

Look around the league, folks!  Never, in my 40 years of following the NBA has there been such a plethora of great or soon-to-be-great PG's.  Ask the question - how many teams would actually WANT Rajon Rondo?

8.  What teams?

Again, MY opinion:

TOR - I would say they are interested, but they are also trying to trade Lowry....so they probably won't want Rondo.

LAL - they may be interested, but we don't trade with them.....so I say no!

Many other teams, depending on injury (OKC) may be interested short term and many (UTAH) may be willing to trade one for another, we really don't know......so, I think that leaves 3 teams........:

SAC - Rondo with Gay and Cousins makes for a dysfunctional team at best, but they wouldn't be boring.  What could we get from them?

NYK - he's been linked to them anyway.  Have you seen their payroll?  There is not a "fair" deal there.  There may be an "equal" - you take our bad contract, we take yours kind of deal.  He could make them very good.

IND - while I don't think LB will give him away, I am intrigued by getting rid of Wallace.  Granger is expiring........so there's that.  Again, what does DA want to do. 

The potential addition of Rondo to the Pacers puts them ahead of MIA, IMO, if he returns to form.  LB does know that, I'm sure........

Summarizing -  I don't think there is a "fair" deal out there for our petulant PG.  IF DA wants to trade him, he will have to make the "best" deal possible.  And, as a Celtics fan, I would not call any trade stupid, esp if it's to one of these 3 teams. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Ridiculous!

Lame rame says we only lose "a little" in terms of performance if we replace Rondo with George Hill.

Really???

George Hill is the sole reason that Miami won another title. He was the weak link in that series that kept miami in it. He is a backup tweener who cant handle the pill and was exposed. Bradley and Crawford are better options so what am I missing?  Straight up Rondo for Hill?  Who is that crazy

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Keep Rondo, he is the only guard we have.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

35 thrusts for fungus.... 14 parries for rame......  in this thread alone.

Quite the sparing duo.

Guys... go get a motel room and bang things out.

You know you want to.... more than life itself.

Pud

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

and you like to watch.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts