Rondo for Millsap?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Rondo for Millsap?

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bf7qF?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=boston-celtics

Feel an obligation to post every rumor - but this one might have legs.  We debated the Gasol trade ad nauseum.

What do you guys think of this one?  At this point, I say DO IT!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

Re: Rondo for Millsap?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7v7kt3r

That would be better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to Rondo for Millsap?:
    [QUOTE]http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bf7qF?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=boston-celtics Feel an obligation to post every rumor - but this one might have legs.  We debated the Gasol trade ad nauseum. What do you guys think of this one?  At this point, I say DO IT!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

I do not believe the immediate fix we need is to trade our PG for a Forward who can play Guard. Although we might(not positive) be getting the better of the deal as Millsap is young, can play guard and forward and can give you 15pts per game. But our biggest immediate need is a center'strong rebounder.

I recommend trading Ray Allen and I have always loved him but he's a one dimensional mostly 3 pt shooter that occasionally drives to the basket. I am an older guy so I like seeing older athletes still compete but I can see him helping another team who doesn't need double teaming Allen so frequently so he can get free for his shots but he's still erratic. Remember in 7 games we lost to Lakers he got seven 3s in one half and ended up 8 for 11 breaking the record for playoffs. We won that game (4th or 5th I don't remember) but I'd have been happy if he didn't break the record and shot 1 or 2 of those 3s in Game 7 after we blew a 13 pt lead & he and others couldn't buy a basket in last couple of minutes as we got out rebounded too.

Can we get a Gasol, Gortat or Kaman just trading Allen, JO(please), and another plus a draft pick maybe in a multiple team deal ? I will live with missing looking at his pretty Mother. I'm a septuagenarian so she's still a young woman to me. Too much seriousness on many of these posts so I felt like adding some levity.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo for Millsap?:
    [QUOTE]http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7v7kt3r That would be better.
    Posted by Celtics2008Champs[/QUOTE]

True - or this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Millsap for Rondo and what else in return please. You have to got to be kidding. Teams that can rebound will have a much more effective Rondo then we have.  

Portland, Sacramento, and Utah could really use Rondo?  We should be able to get something far more valuable than just Milshap. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]Millsap for Rondo and what else in return please. You have to got to be kidding. Teams that can rebound will have a much more effective Rondo then we have.   Portland, Sacramento, and Utah could really use Rondo?  We should be able to get something far more valuable than just Milshap. 
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

+1

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Millsap for Rondo and what else in return please. You have to got to be kidding. Teams that can rebound will have a much more effective Rondo then we have.   Portland, Sacramento, and Utah could really use Rondo?  We should be able to get something far more valuable than just Milshap. 

Like?
    Don't shoot the messanger - trading Rondo has legs - there is nothing to support there has been any talk between the two teams - but he will probably be traded!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Regarding doing an impusive trade for trade's sake & just a change.....

REMEMBER: The SECOND mouse gets the cheese !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Millsap? : Like? Don't shoot the messanger - trading Rondo has legs - there is nothing to support there has been any talk between the two teams - but he will probably be traded!!

Why?  Don't you think it would be easier to get an established free agent to come here next here with Rondo and Pierce still on the roster?  Allen and kg are the one's that wont be here next year.  Not rondo.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Millsap? : Why?  Don't you think it would be easier to get an established free agent to come here next here with Rondo and Pierce still on the roster?  Allen and kg are the one's that wont be here next year.  Not rondo.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Or trade Rondo, and draft a point guard.  Sign Jeff Green......there won't be a lot of other big names to sign, but I don't think Rondo is the kind of player to build the team around!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Millsap? : Why?  Don't you think it would be easier to get an established free agent to come here next here with Rondo and Pierce still on the roster?  Allen and kg are the one's that wont be here next year.  Not rondo.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]
    Why not trade Rondo when he has some value?  You wait and as this team goes down with each loss he will lose the value he has now.  Building a team around Rondo with his shooting problems seems unsound.  Shooting guards have to be able to shoot.  Rondo can't.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Millsap? : Why not trade Rondo when he has some value?  You wait and as this team goes down with each loss he will lose the value he has now.  Building a team around Rondo with his shooting problems seems unsound.  Shooting guards have to be able to shoot.  Rondo can't.

the team wouldn't be "built around" him.  he would just be another guy on the team.  Rondo is an above average point guard.  He isn't the problem.  Nor is he the solutotion. but there is no real reason to trade him.  Trade Ray and let kg walk after the season.  I am sure DH would be way more likely to come here with someone like Rondo here to get him the ball.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Millsap? : Like? Don't shoot the messanger - trading Rondo has legs - there is nothing to support there has been any talk between the two teams - but he will probably be traded!!
    Red, Sacramento, Portland, Utah and of course the Suns could be places where Danny will try to do something big. I still thing Demarcus Cousins is on Danny's radar and Portland and Indiana are loaded with talented players. Rondo is a unique talent and will bring way more than Paul Milsap. If not he won't be traded. I see a multiple player trade not a one for one deal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Millsap? : Red, Sacramento, Portland, Utah and even Indiana could be places where Danny will try to do something big. I still thing Demarcus Cousins is on Danny's radar and Portland and Indiana are loaded with talented players. Rondo is a unique talent and will bring way more than Paul Milsap. If not he won't be traded. 

How about getting Big Al back- we'd have to take Harris, and they'd have to take JON to make it work.............?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Millsap? : How about getting Big Al back- we'd have to take Harris, and they'd have to take JON to make it work.............?
    That and your Suns trade sound really good.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

rondo for millsap would be horrible for celtics..i would never do that..it's silly to even talk about.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I like this, of course THIS would never happen....I just like it!!

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Hoppsrumor.com?  Really?  Undisclosed sources???  LOL!!!!!!  No eveidence the teams have even talked????  What?????????  Hoopsworld=BDC, NO CREDIBILITY!!!!!!!!  They are no more credible than the posters here playing fantasy GM.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

i think alot of people forget where we were just a few years ago..when people would NOT come to Boston. some even had it in their contracts "i will not go to Boston."

now, since we got some marquee players in the Big 3 and Doc and Rondo have emerged as top talent, we have been able to lure some players here..

do you honestly think if we get rid of Rondo we can expect to sign ANY big time free agents to come here? do you HONESTLY think that players are gunna come here to play with MILLSAP? or GASOL?? come on.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Millsap? : Get this through your head, besides DH, THERE ARE NO OTHER BIG TIME FREE-AGENTS AVAILABLE IN THE SUMMER OF 2012!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

ohhh. okay. good to know.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]i think alot of people forget where we were just a few years ago..when people would NOT come to Boston. some even had it in their contracts "i will not go to Boston." now, since we got some marquee players in the Big 3 and Doc and Rondo have emerged as top talent, we have been able to lure some players here.. do you honestly think if we get rid of Rondo we can expect to sign ANY big time free agents to come here? do you HONESTLY think that players are gunna come here to play with MILLSAP? or GASOL?? come on.

Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Just because some players want to play with their buddies does not mean that it will work, best example, Miami...As long as they are players that are willing to win, Boston will always welcome them.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

I would do Harris and Millsap for Rondo and Bass. If you insist on trading rondo, that's not a bad solution. Much better than Gasol.

Sections
Shortcuts