Rondo for MVP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driscoll92587. Show Driscoll92587's posts

Rondo for MVP

I took a look at the ESPN award watch earlier this evening and I became uneasy about a few things I saw regarding the MVP list thus far.  Here's the top 10 as it stands now:

James
    Rose
    Dirk
    Howard
    Amare
    Westbrook
    Kobe
    Wade
    Manu

This got me to thinking about how one actually determines the MVP.  It seems to me that it's all about scoring (with the exception of Dwight and Westbrook).  I get that buckets win games.  But what about assists? Steals? Strong defense night in and night out?  It's puzzling how Rondo isn't on this list when he's 1st in assists, 2nd in steals, and an all-star to boot.  Meanwhile, you have Manu Ginobli in the top 10?!

I'm not even saying he should win, but give the guy respect.  IMO Amare is the hands down MVP, but Rondo should at least be in the discussion.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Re: Rondo for MVP

I don't think Rondo is even MVP of his own team, and I like Rondo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driscoll92587. Show Driscoll92587's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo for MVP:
    I don't think Rondo is even MVP of his own team, and I like Rondo.
    Posted by RajonRondowski

Bold statement considering we see how much inconsistency I see when we have Nate running the point.  Rondo is the backbone of the team. Period.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo for MVP : Bold statement considering we see how much inconsistency I see when we have Nate running the point.  Rondo is the backbone of the team. Period.
    Posted by Driscoll92587

-

I think KG is the backbone and Rondo is the Chi, the energy, that gets the team hitting on all cylinders.  No MVP on this team, maybe Shaq.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I'm betting on Rose or Dirk!!   Where's Durant?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo for MVP : Bold statement considering we see how much inconsistency I see when we have Nate running the point.  Rondo is the backbone of the team. Period.
    Posted by Driscoll92587

Good point. Neither Nate nor Rondo should be in the running. Both have been all too inconsistent.

If Rondo is in the running for team MVP, its by default; he is the only backbone we have playing PG.

A healthy DWest would make this topic a moot point.

Pud

Sections
Shortcuts