Rondo for Nash and PHO 2012 #1 pick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from todoubled17. Show todoubled17's posts

Rondo for Nash and PHO 2012 #1 pick

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=798l5z8

Would allow us to still make a run at it this year, plus get a top pick/cap space for next year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Rondo for Nash and PHO 2012 #1 pick

OMG - this is too funny!!!!!

I proposed this in JULY, and got laughed off the face of the earth.  Actually, I said originally Rondo, JON for Nash, Pietrus and Lopez.  Since we have Pietrus, I amended it to Nash and Lopez for Rondo.  They won't give up their lottery pick!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Red,
    You have a lot of good ideas but Rondo for an old limited player and Lopez who is hardly a star in the making,  makes no sense.  Even if you are a Rondo hater,  he has value.  It would be an all star at 25 for a journeyman big man in a year(that is what I think Robin Lopez is).  He is not that good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo for Nash and PHO 2012 #1 pick:
    [QUOTE]Red, You have a lot of good ideas but Rondo for an old limited player and Lopez who is hardly a star in the making,  makes no sense.  Even if you are a Rondo hater,  he has value.  It would be an all star at 25 for a journeyman big man in a year(that is what I think Robin Lopez is).  He is not that good.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I am not a Rondo hater - far from it.  But his limitations are showing this year, and I still think Nash has some game left.  Just a thought I've had for a while.  I don't think they'll do it, nor do I want them to.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

OP: you've managed to create a bad trade for both teams which is not easy to do - congrats.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

DANNY, JUST DON'T SIT THERE..... DO THE DEAL !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Rondo for Nash and PHO 2012 #1 pick:
    [QUOTE]  http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=798l5z8 Would allow us to still make a run at it this year, plus get a top pick/cap space for next year.
    Posted by todoubled17[/QUOTE]
    No way jose!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Old man Nash.....why oh why do pposters keep bringing this up.  That trade machines gives fans something to do.  Talk about fanatics....  Nash doesnt improve the Celtics.  He is washed up.  He also has not expressed any thoughts about wanting to get a ring and to be traded to a contender.  Why would he want to come to Boston, where they are a team on the decline and do not have a legit chance of winning it all?  He is a poor defender and is not the same offensive threat he was a few years ago.  AARP and ben-gay would be the sponsors of the Cs with Nash on it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from todoubled17. Show todoubled17's posts

Nash leads the league in ASTs and scores 15 a game on 54% shooting from the field, wouldn’t call that washed up. You got Bradley to spell Nash and provide defense at the point.

Lopez is a journeyman big, but the C’s are thin up front and he’s restricted so his contract provides flexibility. Also think Markieff Moore can be a solid starter down the road.

PHO wins Rondo for Nash straight up, but if we could swap picks and move up in a deep draft next year, then I think the deal is fair for both sides.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

I see the point in trading Rondo for Nash, but the only way I would do the deal is if Gortat is included. Maybe the trade could be ammended to be Rondo, Wilcox, #1 pick for Nash, Gortat, and filler (hopefully Dudley).

My concern for the C's would be how this deal would hurt their defense. Nash would be a huge liability defensively; however, what he could bring offensively is intriguing

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]  http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=798l5z8 Would allow us to still make a run at it this year, plus get a top pick/cap space for next year.

To trade the best point guard in the Association, bar none, Celtics need to get more than an aged Nash, Lopez, their first round pick, Channing Frye, Gortat and any other draft picks the Suns have for the next 8 years!!!!!!!! Otherwise, Danny shouldn't trade away the future when you have a team poised to win it all now.

As Always,

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

You only consider the deal at the deadline, if the Suns have a really bad record, but I don't see no game changing point guards in the draft.
    I don't think either team would do that deal. The Suns need the draft pick,because they are rebuilding.

The Celtics wouldn't do it,because who is going to replace Rondo at point guard. Nash has maybe 2 years left,and most likely 1 and half.

Sections
Shortcuts