Rondo for Westbrook... thoughts.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

Re: Rondo for Westbrook... thoughts.

People need to realize that proposed trades for guys like westbrook and cp3 just aren't going to happen. These proposals are not likely to happen, and they really don't benefit either team. I'd rather discuss the team going after legit role players and glue guys than ponder the idea of going star for star and never really improving.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo for Westbrook... thoughts.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Westbrook... thoughts. :  You're embarrassing yourself!!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

No he's not, in my opinion.  He's correct.  CP3 is the best of them all - because he can push it and score like Westbrook but pass and defend like Rondo.  But, its all moot, folks, because I don't think we have a chance at either player.

One thing, however, when evaluating Rondo - try not to look at this last few months.  He won't complain, but he was injured and the team was not playing well (no Center most of the time, Big 3 played poorly in last 1/3 of the season, new team members being worked in, etc).  And his injuries were not minor, obviously, with that elbow.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PauGasolSmells143. Show PauGasolSmells143's posts

I think this is really an appropriate time to sh&t on Rondo, after that B.S. he pulled getting his elbow dislocated by D-Wade and then coming back to play is heart out.

BTW What kind of weed are you smoking Dudder where you think Russel Westbrook is the solution to all our problems? His assists to turnovers is a 2.1 Rondo's is 3.3.  Westbrook made 7.5 out of 17 shots per game, Rondo made 4.7 FG on less than 10 shots per game.  Just my two cents.

Though Westbrook is SOOO  much better at keeping the ball out of his star's hands at the end of games, which would help us keep Paul Pierce from taking game winners. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]I think this is really an appropriate time to sh&t on Rondo, after that B.S. he pulled getting his elbow dislocated by D-Wade and then coming back to play is heart out. BTW What kind of weed are you smoking Dudder where you think Russel Westbrook is the solution to all our problems? His assists to turnovers is a 2.1 Rondo's is 3.3.  Westbrook made 7.5 out of 17 shots per game, Rondo made 4.7 FG on less than 10 shots per game.  Just my two cents. Though Westbrook is SOOO  much better at keeping the ball out of his star's hands at the end of games, which would help us keep Paul Pierce from taking game winners. 
    Posted by PauGasolSmells143[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly.

For all the hype about Russell Westbrook being "more complete" he did manage to forget that he has KEVIN DURANT on his team for long stretches of the Memphis series.

Oh, and he's not the passer that Rondo is.  Nobody in the league other than Steve Nash makes better passes without looking or broadcasting it.  Not even Chris Paul - watch the series against the Lakers and you can see that split second where he locks onto his target before passing, something you wouldn't appreciate about Rondo.

I'm not saying that Rondo is the best point guard or that his game doesn't need work.  I'm just saying that Rondo and Westbrook are much closer together than you give Rondo credit for.  And that Rondo's a good fit for the Celtics because he's so focused on passing.  A shooting point guard who takes 15 fg's per night would only take the ball out of the hands of Pierce and Allen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

Oklahoma City would never ever ever ever ever ever do that

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

1.Westbrook is improving his PG skills faster than Rondo his shooting skills.
    2.The current Cs team need more offense from PG position cause the Big 3 CANNOT play against double teams over an entire series any more.
    3.LA showed other teams how to deal with Rondo in the play-offs.
    4.A trade has to help both teams.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Westbrook is a two guard.  He is a very poor distributor and will never change.  
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

5 point guards were in the all-star game, debating that Rondo was anything other than the worst of the 5 is silly.  Coach K sent Rondo home, not Westbrook, from the USA team and I think Westbrook may have been the team's MVP.

Very poor distributor?  Yes guys that can shoot, score, and get to the line and make 87% from the line average fewer assists......  not nearly the distributor that Rondo is.... by that I assume you mean the guy that pounds the ball into the floor with nobody within 10 feet and then only passing the ball after one of his teammates ran their a ss off to get open to ensure that he gets and assist and then when the guy he passes the ball to makes another pass, Rondo gets a p oo p oo in his diaper.

That there can be any debate at all about whether Westbrook is better than Rondo is simply laughable.

Here is how the conversation goes when Danny calls to propose the trade........ gigantic belly laugh followed by click.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]I think this is really an appropriate time to sh&t on Rondo, after that B.S. he pulled getting his elbow dislocated by D-Wade and then coming back to play is heart out. BTW What kind of weed are you smoking Dudder where you think Russel Westbrook is the solution to all our problems? His assists to turnovers is a 2.1 Rondo's is 3.3.  Westbrook made 7.5 out of 17 shots per game, Rondo made 4.7 FG on less than 10 shots per game.  Just my two cents. Though Westbrook is SOOO  much better at keeping the ball out of his star's hands at the end of games, which would help us keep Paul Pierce from taking game winners. 
    Posted by PauGasolSmells143[/QUOTE]

Westbrook takes shots, Rondo avoids shooting.  Westbrook recognizes that part of his job is to take shots, Rondo avoids shooting.  Westbrook gets to the line, Rondo avoids getting to the line.  Westbrook shoots over 80% from the line, Rondo is still not sure that the rumor that there is a free throw line exists is true.

Rondo passes the ball to 3 hall of famers, Westbrook passes the ball to the youngest team in the league.

Is Westbrook the answer to all the problems?  Not necessarily but the Cs are still playing if he is the point guard today.  He and a bunch of others have the Cs playing in the ECF whereas Rondo was an offensive liability as he has been his entire career.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Westbrook... thoughts. : My thoughts exactly. For all the hype about Russell Westbrook being "more complete" he did manage to forget that he has KEVIN DURANT on his team for long stretches of the Memphis series. Oh, and he's not the passer that Rondo is.  Nobody in the league other than Steve Nash makes better passes without looking or broadcasting it.  Not even Chris Paul - watch the series against the Lakers and you can see that split second where he locks onto his target before passing, something you wouldn't appreciate about Rondo. I'm not saying that Rondo is the best point guard or that his game doesn't need work.  I'm just saying that Rondo and Westbrook are much closer together than you give Rondo credit for.  And that Rondo's a good fit for the Celtics because he's so focused on passing.  A shooting point guard who takes 15 fg's per night would only take the ball out of the hands of Pierce and Allen.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Rondo is focussed on passing so that makes him perfect for the Cs.... Danny stated that the offense was the problem as I said all year long.  Their offense s ucked but of course the guy that runs the offense and does not participate in it is perfect for the team.

They were the 20th scoring offense in the league and the media basically laugh aloud when watching the Cs and say there is no reason to even guard Rondo but somehow when the team fails to score 80 points in their last 3 regular season games against the Heat and the Bulls, Rondo is perfect for the team.

How did it go against the Knicks - failed to score 90 against a team that views defense as UFOs - prove to me that such a concept exists......  after the Knicks lost their best player and 3rd best player their offense finally scored some points.  Of course the interpretation of that on this board was that now Rondo is starting to play better and the Cs are ready to wipe out the Heat as if the Knicks were the Heat.

Rondo immediately showed how, when he was supposed to be the only player on the court that had an advantage at his position, he was vastly overrated and basically embarrassed himself against Bibby in game 1.

Rondo gets into the lane and kicks it out to someone 20 feet further away and luckily it is a hall of famer, Westbrook gets into the lane and slams it off someone's forehead and then goes to the line and makes the freebie and sends someone to the bench in foul trouble......

Wake up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Westbrook... thoughts. : So other than: Causing an automatic double team against his team's best player Not being guarded Causing teams to sag into the paint Being unable to finish Being unable to make routine jumpers Being unable to make people respect him from the arc Being unable to make people respect him from the field Being the absolute worst free throw shooter in the league at his position or almost any position for that matter Other than that.... he is much better than Westbrook........  so if you can ignore all of those things he is much better than Westbrook....... Wow........  I wonder if in 3 years when Westbrook is 25 he could possibly be as good as Rondo.........  my guess is yes ummmm.... because he already is by a wide margin... ask Coach K... heck ask Doc who after the 2009 playoffs stated that Rondo's inability to shoot really hurt them in the playoffs......... Wake the F up.........
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

You tried to make a long list but 3 of those things are all the same...so stop it.

and Rondo has always been a good finisher, only this year he fell bac due to his plantar fascitius....but Im sure you dont believe any of that....why would you. 

I guess all the nba coaches are wrong for putting on him on all defense team too right??

I got a question for you....name me the great defensive pg's that should be ahead of Rondo??   because this guy is pretty good when you think about the fact that guys like Nash, Kidd, Paul, etc dont stop ANYONE....Rondo when on his game always holds his counterpart to average numbers and plays the best against the best.  That being said , I would still entertain any trades but not westbrook...he is a jacker...with no team spirit...No thanks!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Westbrook... thoughts. : You tried to make a long list but 3 of those things are all the same...so stop it. and Rondo has always been a good finisher, only this year he fell bac due to his plantar fascitius....but Im sure you dont believe any of that....why would you.  I guess all the nba coaches are wrong for putting on him on all defense team too right?? I got a question for you....name me the great defensive pg's that should be ahead of Rondo??   because this guy is pretty good when you think about the fact that guys like Nash, Kidd, Paul, etc dont stop ANYONE....Rondo when on his game always holds his counterpart to average numbers and plays the best against the best.  That being said , I would still entertain any trades but not westbrook...he is a jacker...with no team spirit...No thanks!
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Overrated defense statistically led by steals..... just about anyone with any understanding of defense would admit (even in Boston) that his on the ball defense is overrated.

I assume that Westbrook has no team spirit because he is not wearing Green.... lmao......

You cannot dig your way out of this.... just ask Coach K what he thinks of Rondo as opposed to what he thinks of Westbrook........  please.....  yeah he is  a jacker and if the Cs had him, they would be playing in the ECF - better rebounder, better shooter, better free throw shooter, better 3 point shooter, bigger, faster, stronger.... hate when that happens.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigJoedaddyBoston. Show BigJoedaddyBoston's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Rondo for Westbrook... thoughts. : A point guard that can score is what is known as complete..... A pass first point guard, from my perspective, applies to only one point guard in the league and it is a code word for incomplete. Please name me all the other pass first point guards in the league. When I think of a pass first point guard I think that he would lead the league in assists, you know like he would average 25 assists per game and then there would be a bunch of guys averaging around 10...... well the pass first point guard that you are talking about didn't even lead the league in assists and the guy you want to trade him for averaged more than twice as many points and had only 3 fewer assists...... In my opinion the two players are not even close in terms of their overall games. Pass first comes from Rondo's inability to shoot, finish, make 3s, and make freebies - granted he is a great passer but he is also passing it to 3 hall of famers. A HUGE BELLY LAUGH AND CLICK are the sounds Danny hears on the other end of the line when he calls to offer Rondo for Westbrook......
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Well Said Dudder!   Westbroke is better than rondo! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo for Westbrook... thoughts. : You tried to make a long list but 3 of those things are all the same...so stop it. and Rondo has always been a good finisher, only this year he fell bac due to his plantar fascitius....but Im sure you dont believe any of that....why would you.  I guess all the nba coaches are wrong for putting on him on all defense team too right?? I got a question for you....name me the great defensive pg's that should be ahead of Rondo??   because this guy is pretty good when you think about the fact that guys like Nash, Kidd, Paul, etc dont stop ANYONE....Rondo when on his game always holds his counterpart to average numbers and plays the best against the best.  That being said , I would still entertain any trades but not westbrook...he is a jacker...with no team spirit...No thanks!

I agree with you Jay.  Ironically I think the outside world has a much better assessment of Rondo than his own fans do.  It's a shame, really, because with such a supposedly "old" team do we really want to throw away our one current starter who has at least 10 more good years in the NBA?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Muahahahahahahahaha trading a stud like Westbrook for brick?!!!!!

Only in boston folks, only in boston.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Muahahahahahahahaha trading a stud like Westbrook for brick?!!!!! Only in boston folks, only in boston.
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

I have lived within a half hour drive of Boston my entire life and they are often referred to as the BEST SPORTS FANS IN THE WORLD.... they are however never ever ever referred to as the most objective sports fans in the world... if Rondo played for the Bucks he would be viewed by Bostonians as a laughingstock........ what is one to do?  You cannot change people's minds and no matter what facts are presented to them it is not even a remote possibility to make them objective.  These are the same people that posted incessantly that Al Jefferson, Perk, and Paul Pierce were the best frontcourt in the league, Delonte West was the best point guard in the conference, and that both Orien Greene and Gerald Green were two of the best young players in the league.

I have always been viewed as someone that has NO ability to judge talent especially when I was calling "the best young core in the league" the island of the misfit toys..... players that can score but can't defend, can't score but can defend, dum as a box of rocks, etc. but somehow better than Atlanta and whole bunch of other teams at the time... the time when they were putting up an 18 game losing streak... that core was supposed to be winning titles by 2008 and in reality none of them have ever been all-stars, many of them have never been in the playoffs, some not even in the league, etc. BUT the best young core in the league and I have no understanding of how to judge talent.

It is amazing to me that watching many many games and different teams on an ongoing basis the Cs have had the two most overrated players in the league and in each of the last two seasons it was the injuries to those players, the two youngest players of the starting 5, that have kind of halted their playoff runs (though I think Perk's injury was largely irrelevant because he was pushed around by Bynum and Gasol prior to getting hurt and the Heat series was over before Rondo got hurt).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Next season will be crucial for Rondo's future as a Celtic.
    His game this season compared to the previous has regressed. Injuries, probably, but maybe teams have figured out how to defend him. How many times didn't we see him standing alone, uncovered, his defender 3-5 feet away. A normal PG should make them pay. Let's be a little bit fair please. Rondo is no top 5 PG.
    And with the big 3's further decline Rondo will have to carry this team. No more passing first. We need him to score, 20 a night. Can he do it?
    In 2012 we'll know a great deal. I wouldn't be surprised if he's traded. Unfortunately it won't be for Westbrook, Dwill or Paul unless we add pieces and picks.
    Dudder is right some players here are/were vastly overrated with fans just because they wear green.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Next season will be crucial for Rondo's future as a Celtic. His game this season compared to the previous has regressed. Injuries, probably, but maybe teams have figured out how to defend him. How many times didn't we see him standing alone, uncovered, his defender 3-5 feet away. A normal PG should make them pay. Let's be a little bit fair please. Rondo is no top 5 PG. And with the big 3's further decline Rondo will have to carry this team. No more passing first. We need him to score, 20 a night. Can he do it? In 2012 we'll know a great deal. I wouldn't be surprised if he's traded. Unfortunately it won't be for Westbrook, Dwill or Paul unless we add pieces and picks. Dudder is right some players here are/were vastly overrated with fans just because they wear green.
    Posted by srinivasa[/QUOTE]

Top 5 or.....

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/playerrankings/regularseason/PG

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PauGasolSmells143. Show PauGasolSmells143's posts

Hey Dudder are you watching the game tonight?? Tell me whose made a bigger impact, Jason Kidd or Russel Westbrook.  Kidd gets the ball to his stud, Dirk, how had done his job, score, and the Mavs are ahead.  Westbrook flies into the lane and gets bailout foul calls.  He is 2-13 from the field.  Scorer, please.

I'll take the guy who gets my professional scorer the ball, please and thank you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Dudder what you just posted is simply not true and simply laughable.  No one ever said Perk Jefferson and Paul where the best front court in the league.  No one ever said Delonte was the best point guard either.  Yes you really can't evaluate talent.  You say so many players are great that you have to be right 50% of the time.  Westbrook is not in the same time zone as Rondo when it comes to passing the ball.  Westbrook is not a great point guard period.  Nice player that will get better.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Rondo is an INFINITELY better passer than anyone not named Kidd or Nash

Rondo, Kidd, and Nash are the only players in the league who don't give away their passes

Deron Williams is sometimes a better passer than Rondo in terms of not broadcasting it and placing it accurately

Westbrook literally shot the Thunder out of the game at the end of the first half.  The Thunder went from up 6 to down 7 and they never recovered from that swing to close the gap, in large part because Westbrook threw himself in the lane and relied on bailout calls because he was 3-15 from the field

3-15 from the field!

Yea.  That really just happened.  For the second time these playoffs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Basically Jason Kidd does the exact same thing Rondo does, only Rondo plays better defense and Kidd at this stage cant stop anyone.

Jason Kidd avoids shooting at all costs and does the same thing, passing the ball around until the shot clock expires and sometimes puts Dirk in bad situations, yet Kidd is a lock for hall of fame and Rondo is the worst pg in the league.  What is wrong with that picture.

You can call me green or homer, but I know basketball, and wt f do you keep brining up coach K and his decision???  he is a college coach and who knows why Rondo quit, but its not relevant at all...so please stop it....and tell me why Kidd is a def. hall of famer when he plays exactly the way Rondo does??

You boy Westbrook had 3 assits and like 5 t/o's and all the commentators have  said he is a poor desicion maker and you think we want this bum?  no thanks

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Basically Jason Kidd does the exact same thing Rondo does, only Rondo plays better defense and Kidd at this stage cant stop anyone. Jason Kidd avoids shooting at all costs and does the same thing, passing the ball around until the shot clock expires and sometimes puts Dirk in bad situations, yet Kidd is a lock for hall of fame and Rondo is the worst pg in the league.  What is wrong with that picture. You can call me green or homer, but I know basketball, and wt f do you keep brining up coach K and his decision???  he is a college coach and who knows why Rondo quit, but its not relevant at all...so please stop it....and tell me why Kidd is a def. hall of famer when he plays exactly the way Rondo does?? You boy Westbrook had 3 assits and like 5 t/o's and all the commentators have  said he is a poor desicion maker and you think we want this bum?  no thanks

I know why Rondo quit.

Rondo explained that he quit Team USA because he missed his 2 year old daughter back in the USA and wanted to be with her.

A loving father misses his precious daughter and gives up his place sitting on the bench just to be with her.

Heart-warming. Happens all the time.

Don't you believe him, jay-bird?

Pud

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo is an INFINITELY better passer than anyone not named Kidd or Nash Rondo, Kidd, and Nash are the only players in the league who don't give away their passes Deron Williams is sometimes a better passer than Rondo in terms of not broadcasting it and placing it accurately Westbrook literally shot the Thunder out of the game at the end of the first half.  The Thunder went from up 6 to down 7 and they never recovered from that swing to close the gap, in large part because Westbrook threw himself in the lane and relied on bailout calls because he was 3-15 from the field 3-15 from the field! Yea.  That really just happened.  For the second time these playoffs.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

3 of 15 from the field.... rest assured that if Rondo had taken the same 15 shots, he would have a big zilch to show for it.  Westbrook had 20 points on 15 shots.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Dudder what you just posted is simply not true and simply laughable.  No one ever said Perk Jefferson and Paul where the best front court in the league.  No one ever said Delonte was the best point guard either.  Yes you really can't evaluate talent.  You say so many players are great that you have to be right 50% of the time.  Westbrook is not in the same time zone as Rondo when it comes to passing the ball.  Westbrook is not a great point guard period.  Nice player that will get better.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Durant scored 39 to finally finish off the Grizz and WESTBROOK COMPLETELY DOMINATED THAT GAME but let's select 1 game where Westbrook had a bad game and hold it up as the evidence that he is not better than Rondo.

You probably don't remember game after game after game where Rondo was completely absent and effectively cost the Cs the #1 in the playoffs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Dudder, if you are going to rest the success and failures of the team this year soley on Rondo then isnt it time you give him credit for leading us to a title in 08' ?

I mean if he gets all the blame for the losses because he is the engineer of the offense, than how do explain what he did in the playoffs the last 3 years where he dominated and was called the best pg in the league last year by Magic Johnson?

Do you remeber 2 years ago where he averaged nearly a triple double in the playoffs and dominated Derrick Rose?

Do you put more faith in coach K then an NBA legend like Magic who has no reason to fluff up any celtics players??

I think you are guilty of the same thing.  Taking this year and saying its the whole package, when it was his worst year as a starter due to injuries...

Ok, so before you comment back, let me guess.  Rondo was never hurt and its all because he lost his buddy perk and then his game regressed because he was mad at management...is that it?

Sections
Shortcuts