Rondo for Westbrook... thoughts.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: Rondo for Westbrook... thoughts.

In Response to Re: Rondo for Westbrook... thoughts.:
    Dudder, if you are going to rest the success and failures of the team this year soley on Rondo then isnt it time you give him credit for leading us to a title in 08' ? I mean if he gets all the blame for the losses because he is the engineer of the offense, than how do explain what he did in the playoffs the last 3 years where he dominated and was called the best pg in the league last year by Magic Johnson? Do you remeber 2 years ago where he averaged nearly a triple double in the playoffs and dominated Derrick Rose? Do you put more faith in coach K then an NBA legend like Magic who has no reason to fluff up any celtics players?? I think you are guilty of the same thing.  Taking this year and saying its the whole package, when it was his worst year as a starter due to injuries... Ok, so before you comment back, let me guess.  Rondo was never hurt and its all because he lost his buddy perk and then his game regressed because he was mad at management...is that it?
    Posted by JayShizzle45

Rondo was outscored in the series by a rookie.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo for Westbrook... thoughts. : Rondo was outscored in the series by a rookie.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Dud e, just give up.   Its obvious you should be a Suns fan. That way you can see people score alot.  The fact that we won the series and Rondo averaged a triple double against the Bulls and all you have to say is that he was outscored by a rook, shows how uninformed you are and how much of a hater you are.  Why you keep digging yourself a bigger grave?,.....go tweet online with Westbrook and tell him how much you admire his game, but please stop the nonsense on this board,. You just exposed yourself again......LMAO!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Rondo for Westbrook... thoughts. : OKC like Westbrooks size; he is 6'6", three years younger than Rondo and will learn how to develop a post game, his point guard skills, and refine his shooting.  
    Posted by ShepherdCall

6 feet 6 inches or in reality 6 feet 3 inches.....bigger faster stronger than Rondo and a better shooter and rebounder....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Basically Jason Kidd does the exact same thing Rondo does, only Rondo plays better defense and Kidd at this stage cant stop anyone. Jason Kidd avoids shooting at all costs and does the same thing, passing the ball around until the shot clock expires and sometimes puts Dirk in bad situations, yet Kidd is a lock for hall of fame and Rondo is the worst pg in the league. Posted by JayShizzle45

I'm not saying that very often, but these statements are just wrong.
    Kidd when younger was a much better defender AND REBOUNDER than Rondo is right now. Now he is slow and cannot defend fast PGs anymore but he still is a good and crafty defender (and rebounder) against bigger guys like Kobe Bryant.

Also he improved his shooting over his career in a manner that he is under the top 5 in 3s made. But more important; The defense honors him! When he catches a ball the defender is running to the perimeter to stop him and he can make a pass. This ball movement is (next to Dirk) the biggest upside of Dallas' offense.
    This was not the case with Rondo in the Miami (or LA) series. Ball movement stopped cause no one guarded Rondo at the perimeter and he didn't know what to do.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

Thanx to everyone that posted , sorry for not getting back until now. NBA/MLB plays have been taking up alot of time. Ok so the main reason i started this tread is bc i dont have faith in Rondo , in terms of rebuilding 2-3 years from now. The word incomplete desribes him to a t and i cant believe Boston fans are defending i guy who clearly GAVE UP in some games this season bc a teammate was traded ... are you kidding me w/ this. And you have to love the same people talking about this guy like hes a lockdown defender. Listen when he WANTS to play D hes great , but he has to be pushed to do so. Hes playing w/ 3 HOFs right , sorry but 9.5 ast isnt blowing me away. Especially when you pound the ball into the ground for 30 mins waiting for guys like PP , Ray , KG to come off a screen or get open. Listen if were going to trade for some elite talent then im all for it. But theres a really good chance this team will be fighting for atleast a 3rd spot and having to contend w/ teams like Mia/NY. Who will only get better btw. I mean Mia has a terrible team this year and is 3 games away from the conf. finals w/ just 2 guys playing good. I mean you guys do realize Bibby is playing the one for them? What happens when they add an actual pg or Ny adds a legit big. Those teams will not be as bad as they were this year. Anway im drunk

Sections
Shortcuts