Rondo, Green, and two number ones

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Re: Rondo, Green, and two number ones

That is the point if Paul leave then we are better off with nothing and rebuild.  Or if we win, Paul could stay which means KG will stay for one of two more run at the championship, and that is how you can get good and possibly sign more people after this season.  The Hornets are so dumb that they don't even care for this deal, they are going to trade with the Warriors or the Clippers.  But then again, most people in New Orleans think the same way, maybe they don't have the blinders that Boston fans have.  It looks like we are keeping them anyway, the Hornets are not at all interested, so let's get back to the spiraling downward.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    According to AW, one of the ways Celtics can assure CP's extention is to get Tyson Chandler. If they can pull this off (I don't know how - he's a FA with min price tag of 13-14M) then getting CP for RR + whoever else might make sense. Otherwise, odds are that Celtics after this season will compete with Cavs in the LottoLand.

AK

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo, Green, and two number ones:
    In Response to Re: Rondo, Green, and two number ones : I agree. I can't believe we are offering the two draft picks as well as Rondo and Green.
    Posted by Kirk6

Well, I don't buy that the Celts are offering two draft picks as well.  That is just being circulated to drive up the price.  Here is how you have to look at it:

1)  CP3 is done with the Hornets and they know it.  So, they have to get the best deal for him.
    2)  Other than the Knicks, CP3 is not ready to sign an extension with others.  So all other teams have to evaluate whether they will take this chance.  Or, they have to figure out what will be needed to get Paul to sign with them.
    3)  In the above scenario, you are hearing the speculation that the Warriors need to get Chandler, etc.  Also, if CP3 is ready to sign an extension, I can understand that Danny has to throw in the draft picks as the competetion gets much bigger.
    3)  If Paul is not ready to sign an extension, then there are very few teams that are interested: Celtics, Mavs and Rockets.   Of these, the Celts are in the best position to offer value.  In this scenario, the Celts don't need to offer draft picks.

At this time I see a very strong possibility that the Hornets and the Celts will be involved in a trade.  They may get a third team involved to make it better for everybody.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

That is the point if Paul leave then we are better off with nothing and rebuild.  Or if we win, Paul could stay which means KG will stay for one of two more run at the championship, and that is how you can get good and possibly sign more people after this season.  The Hornets are so dumb that they don't even care for this deal, they are going to trade with the Warriors or the Clippers.  But then again, most people in New Orleans think the same way, maybe they don't have the blinders that Boston fans have.  It looks like we are keeping them anyway, the Hornets are not at all interested, so let's get back to the spiraling downward.
    Posted by scubber

Rebuild with what if Paul leaves? the draft? Nope we'd be giving that away. Free agency? Why would a free agent like dwight howard come here?  To play with a past his prime paul perice and no one else worth mentoning? Free agents go places to play with teams that can compete, or to warm weather cities like miami or to media centers like new York or L.A. How does Boston rebuild if they trade Rondo Green and Draft picks and Paul bolts? They'd have nothing left to entice a free agent to Boston.

At least if we keep Rondo, and Green we have a veteran in Pierce and might be able to concine a free agent or two we have three solid peices and with his skill he could make the team a contender. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Keeping Rondo and with Pierce will make us a fringed playoff team on the decline.  We will have no lottery picks and no star veterans would want to come here.  It will lengthen our rebuilding, that is one very probable outcome.  Plus Paul leaving is not a given and not entirely certain at this point.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Couldn't the C's do this??

Trade Rondo, Green and #1 for Paul

Trade RA or KG in a S&T deal for Chandler. Dallas then uses amesty on RA or KG.

KG or RA returns to Boston for a minimum salary.

Would that amnesty still be on their cap?

Paul
    RA
    PP
    KG
    Chandler

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

oooh.... Fierce is going to cut and paste some knowledge to shut you up;-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

KG for Big Al and Millsap - I'm going to keep writing this until someone tells Danny!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Keeping Rondo and with Pierce will make us a fringed playoff team on the decline.  We will have no lottery picks and no star veterans would want to come here.  It will lengthen our rebuilding, that is one very probable outcome.  Plus Paul leaving is not a given and not entirely certain at this point.
    Posted by scubber

Wait, your logic is that it is worse to be a fringe playoff team with a 25 year old rondo and 25 year old jeff green and a 34 year old paul pierce, with  all your draft picks and lots of cap room to go after free agents.

than,

being a lottery team with no draft picks in 2012 No Green, No Rondo and a 34 year old paul Pierce? 

if you were a free agent in 2012 like say dwight howard, who would you rather play/sign with? I.m betting the team that is good enough to be an 8th seed in the playoffs without you and good enough to compete for a title with you, rather than a team that doesn't make the playoffs without you and is an eighth seed with you.

With Rondo and Green and pierce the team is good enough to draw quality free agents. Without them we are a team that can't even start rebuiling until 2013 and who knows how we will do in the draft, we've been down this road before.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

GET THIS DONE DANNY! Go for gold, you've never held back before, get your real point guard and get another banner for the C's. Paul will sign the contract with Boston, he just needs some convincing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I'd be willing to bet the two draft picks are in different years, and do NOT include the Clippers pick!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo, Green, and two number ones : Wait, your logic is that it is worse to be a fringe playoff team with a 25 year old rondo and 25 year old jeff green and a 34 year old paul pierce, with  all your draft picks and lots of cap room to go after free agents. than, being a lottery team with no draft picks in 2012 No Green, No Rondo and a 34 year old paul Pierce?  if you were a free agent in 2012 like say dwight howard, who would you rather play/sign with? I.m betting the team that is good enough to be an 8th seed in the playoffs without you and good enough to compete for a title with you, rather than a team that doesn't make the playoffs without you and is an eighth seed with you. With Rondo and Green and pierce the team is good enough to draw quality free agents. Without them we are a team that can't even start rebuiling until 2013 and who knows how we will do in the draft, we've been down this road before.
    Posted by jtkl

Yes, you are starting to get it.  It is the same logic why teams tank to get better draft picks.  It is not ideal but the overriding factor is getting to be a contender as soon as possible.  And no, Rondo+Green+Pierce+2 bad draft picks will not draw any interest from anyone good including Howard.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo, Green, and two number ones : Yes, you are starting to get it.  It is the same logic why teams tank to get better draft picks.  It is not ideal but the overriding factor is getting to be a contender as soon as possible.  And no, Rondo+Green+Pierce+2 bad draft picks will not draw any interest from anyone good including Howard.
    Posted by scubber

That's a great idea. Just like the clipers, and Sacramento kings we'd be in the lottery every year. Those are franchises to emulate.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Interesting game plan.  The way it is being reported is that Ainge wants to sign Paul this year and see if it brings a ring.  Next year he will hope that Paul re-signs and brings D12 with him (if not earlier).  If Paul does not re-sign, he will establish a new team with the massive cap room available. Either way, Rondo no longer seems to be in the big picture.  Never dull with Danny.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

I'd be willing to bet the two draft picks are in different years, and do NOT include the Clippers pick!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

The Clippers half of last season without Kaman (a former all-star) and Eric Gordon (one of the league's top scorers), the Clippers pick could potentially be worse than the Cs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo, Green, and two number ones : That's a great idea. Just like the clipers, and Sacramento kings we'd be in the lottery every year. Those are franchises to emulate.
    Posted by jtkl

Bad analogy.  Are you saying nobody else does it except the Clippers and Sacramento Kings?  Are you saying we the Boston Celtics never does such thing?  Getting a lottery pick does not mean you automatically become the Clippers.  And the Clippers don't look so bad these days, I wonder where they got their good players from?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Ok. Let em see if I got this straight. Rondo, Green and 2 future 1st rd picks for Paul? Is Ainge on drugs?? So we trade our entire future for a player that will leave at the end of the season??? So if this trade does go tru lets just say. Then Paul leaves for another team. What happens if Ray, Garnett, also leqve or retire or get hurt long term?? We then have nothing. Yeah thats the direction Ii want this team to go forwrd.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

No you have not got it straight.  You only are willing to see one possible outcome of the plan.  We could win and possibly be more attractive for Paul and other players to come.  There is risk and reward in the plan, you have to weigh that against what would happen if we stay status quo.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo, Green, and two number ones : Bad analogy.  Are you saying nobody else does it except the Clippers and Sacramento Kings?  Are you saying we the Boston Celtics never does such thing?  Getting a lottery pick does not mean you automatically become the Clippers.  And the Clippers don't look so bad these days, I wonder where they got their good players from?
    Posted by scubber

No the wizards, Timberwolves, rapters and warriors. seem to be doing it too. very sucessfully I might add.  So much time in the lottery it's amazing they don't rule the NBA.

Here is the thing:

1) getting into the lottery is no guarentee of a franchise player, teams whiff as often as they hit.

2) if you do hit (which is more unlikely than likely) you now have your talented player, but he has no talent around him

in my scenario you have talented player with talent around and cap space for free agents.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

If by free agents you mean good free agents then I think you are wrong.  If by talented players, you mean talents to win championship then I also think you are very wrong.  I might even agree with you if we are NY or LA or Miami, but then again we are not.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

No you have not got it straight.  You only are willing to see one possible outcome of the plan.  We could win and possibly be more attractive for Paul and other players to come.  There is risk and reward in the plan, you have to weigh that against what would happen if we stay status quo.
    Posted by scubber

We're not going to win. The hornets will proably go with the warriors offer and all we get is a pissed off Rondo who we have to trade as a result ending the last chance at a run before it begins.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

If we have Paul and the big 3 in a short season, I think we can win.  No gaurantee but we definitely one of the favorite with as good a chance as anyone.  Also we definitely get more talents from the free agency if it happens.

Sections
Shortcuts