Rondo, Green, and two number ones

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Re: Rondo, Green, and two number ones

In Response to Re: Rondo, Green, and two number ones:
    In Response to Re: Rondo, Green, and two number ones : Marc Stein: CP3 Update:  Source close to process tells ESPN that NOR talks w/GSW "definitely cooling" because of GSW refusal to put Steph Curry in deal   Twitter
    Posted by Fiercest34

Surprises me because Ellis and Curry cannot co-exist.  Therefore are the Warriors going to move ellis in another deal?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo, Green, and two number ones : We're not going to win. The hornets will proably go with the warriors offer and all we get is a pissed off Rondo who we have to trade as a result ending the last chance at a run before it begins.
    Posted by jtkl

Seems unlikey Rondo remains a C for long, whether in a Paul or other trade.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo, Green, and two number ones : No the wizards, Timberwolves, rapters and warriors. seem to be doing it too. very sucessfully I might add.  So much time in the lottery it's amazing they don't rule the NBA. Here is the thing:   1) getting into the lottery is no guarentee of a franchise player, teams whiff as often as they hit. 2) if you do hit (which is more unlikely than likely) you now have your talented player, but he has no talent around him in my scenario you have talented player with talent around and cap space for free agents.
    Posted by jtkl

Exactly that is why OKC starts 3 lottery picks, as does Memphis, as do the Clippers, etc. - teams that are on the rise.... as opposed to teams like the Cs are absolutely on the decline.....

Getting into the lottery is not a guaranty to get a franchise player but 22 of last year's 24 all-stars were lottery picks....hhhmmmm.....

One guaranty is that if don't draft in the lottery you are absolutely not getting a franchise player.

Kind of odd that NO is looking at Gordon and Curry - both lottery picks..... hhhhmmmmm.

"If you do hit (which is more unlikely than likely"......
    2003 Draft
    -1- LeBron James
    -2- Darko Milicic
    -3- Carmelo Anthony
    -4- Chris Bosh
    -5- Dwayne Wade
    -6- Chris Kaman
    -7- Kirk Hinrich
    -8- TJ Ford
    -9- Michael Sweetney
    -10- Jarvis Hayes

Enough said......

Yeah I guess a team is better drafting out of the lottery - D West, Tony Allen, Perk, Al Jefferson, Gerald Green, Giddens, etc.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Fierce,
    I get trying to rebuild but with Gay for Pierce what is our goal with Paul.  It is to win this year.  Are you saying that Gay will help us to that goal better than with Pierce?  

With Paul we are both going for a title this year and hoping to use him as a chit in drawing DH.  The problem is that winning this year is going to be done on Garnett's, Ray's, and Pierce's backs.  

I am with you on Paul and trying to get Howard out of it but Gay does not help us this year unless the Celtics get knocked out of the race early this year before the all-star break and Memphis is in the running and PP will help them get over the top. Then I would consider it. Is that what you are thinking?

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo, Green, and two number ones : Marc Stein: CP3 Update:  Source close to process tells ESPN that NOR talks w/GSW "definitely cooling" because of GSW refusal to put Steph Curry in deal   Twitter
    Posted by Fiercest34

What a wondeful spin!  What I hear is that GSW does not have enough confidence that they can take a chance on Paul signing an extension with them.  Otherwise, who in their right mind will not trade Steph Curry for CP3?  If CP3 maintains his stance, Danny may be the only guy with balls to pull this off.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

I think this trade is a little off the deep end, especially if CP3 is going to run the Celts through the ringer after the season's over and then likely leave.  

But maybe it's me who is off the deep end, seeing that I agree on Rondo with this guy....

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections