Rondo has been figured out!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rondo has been figured out!!!!

Rondo can't penetrate anymore.  Because teams are laying off him and letting him stand outside the perimeter. The stagnation in the offense is due to this strategy that has been working the last several games.

The general fatigue and end of the season malaise is also at work with the other players, but the problem with Rondo is going to be hard to work around.

This laying of Rondo is obvious to others here I know so I am just bringing to everyone's attention.  Shaq will help if he ever gets back but the team really has no one inside right now so the losses may continue.  It is really a shocker that the Celtics could take such a gamble not knowing if Shaq would be back and when.

I suspect that Doc maybe angry at DA for making such a huge change with 24 games left.  And will not be back next year he looks disgusted and disheartened.  We are now a third seed.  Let's hope the Magic don't catch us.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Re: Rondo has been figured out!!!!

In Response to Rondo has been figured out!!!!:
    Rondo can't penetrate anymore.  Because teams are laying off him and letting him stand outside the perimeter. The stagnation in the offense is due to this strategy that has been working the last several games. The general fatigue and end of the season malaise is also at work with the other players, but the problem with Rondo is going to be hard to work around. This laying of Rondo is obvious to others here I know so I am just bringing to everyone's attention.  Shaq will help if he ever gets back but the team really has no one inside right now so the losses may continue.  It is really a shocker that the Celtics could take such a gamble not knowing if Shaq would be back and when. I suspect that Doc maybe angry at DA for making such a huge change with 24 games left.  And will not be back next year he looks disgusted and disheartened.  We are now a third seed.  Let's hope the Magic don't catch us.
    Posted by concord27

Are you kidding me? There's NOTHING new about that. The Lakers laid out that "blueprint" on how to guard Rondo a couple of years ago.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I know it has been employed previous to the last several games Waynestarr but it is not at work with every team the Celtics face.  With Shaq Rondo could pass it over the top to him and keep teams guessing somewhat. Not now they just give him about five feet to lay off and clog up the middle with his man.

The Lakers used it but not in all seven games.  Rondo makes the problem worse now by walking not running the ball up to set up the offense.

The fatigue of the team may be the reason for that I don't know but we are cooked if something doesn't change.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

What was pierce?  Just sayin!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Fierce,
    KG can't get to the line shooting jump shots which is your point I think.  And he can't get the ball inside if Rondo isn't penetrating.  The middle is so clogged passing in there is impossible.  With the listlessness of the team I don't know how we do that without Shaq right now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

If your hopes are on Shaq, you really got issues.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

We need him are you crazy?  We traded Perkins remember. The idea was Shaq is going to play in his place.  You understand that don't you it is simple?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

No one has figured out Rondo he isn't playing bad because they figured him out. If that was the case they would be picking him up before half court, which there not. Rondo is walking the ball up the floor and the big three are jogging in stead of running. Once they get in the half court offense they're all standing around or setting bad picks. So your post is partly right because they figured out the team.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Paul,
    They are not going to pick him before half court anyway. They are giving him as much room as possible. They are slacking off him. You understand that right.

The offense doesn't go inside if Rondo's man is several feet away clogging the middle.  It is that simple.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Rondo has been figured out!!!!:
    Rondo can't penetrate anymore.  Because teams are laying off him and letting him stand outside the perimeter. The stagnation in the offense is due to this strategy that has been working the last several games. The general fatigue and end of the season malaise is also at work with the other players, but the problem with Rondo is going to be hard to work around. This laying of Rondo is obvious to others here I know so I am just bringing to everyone's attention.  Shaq will help if he ever gets back but the team really has no one inside right now so the losses may continue.  It is really a shocker that the Celtics could take such a gamble not knowing if Shaq would be back and when. I suspect that Doc maybe angry at DA for making such a huge change with 24 games left.  And will not be back next year he looks disgusted and disheartened.  We are now a third seed.  Let's hope the Magic don't catch us.
    Posted by concord27

I think you hit the nail on the head. Doc won't be back.  He is peeved at Danny and I don't blame him.  At time of the trade we were the best team in the league, we may be the 12th best now.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

and what was Ray from the field tonight?  Just saying.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo has been figured out!!!!:
    I know it has been employed previous to the last several games Waynestarr but it is not at work with every team the Celtics face.  With Shaq Rondo could pass it over the top to him and keep teams guessing somewhat. Not now they just give him about five feet to lay off and clog up the middle with his man. The Lakers used it but not in all seven games.  Rondo makes the problem worse now by walking not running the ball up to set up the offense. The fatigue of the team may be the reason for that I don't know but we are cooked if something doesn't change.
    Posted by concord27

BINGO!  that's the 64 million dollar observation right there.  rondo plays into the system of sag off by being too lazy to push the tempo.  he was always at his best when he did push the tempo.

enter doctor doc blithers, the supposed coach of the team.  pair up rondo with jeff green, a young, lightning fast guy, and then there are no excuses not to push the tempo.  but that has not helped.  green just legs it down the floor all by himself anyway.

i am sure that this team has some nagging injuries, but it's becoming increasingly obvious that there are social diseases afoot that are impossible to ignore.  rondo has become visibly droopy since the perkins trade.  and for no reason- perkins and rondo did not interface much at all on the floor. 

danny went out and got better pieces than what we had.  the psychological malaise enveloping rondo and hence the rest of the team is what is dragging us down.  this team made up for age BY PUSHING THE TEMPO previous to now.  and now that is gone.  i swear when i'm watching sometimes rondo is doing it to punish everybody in green, walking up the floor, no urgency, where there used to be plenty.

it's time for blithers to quit the dithers and invoke some controls over rondo.  if he walks the ball up then delonte plays.  make it simple.  push the tempo or sit.  forget about not being able to throw a pea into the ocean from a cliff overhanging the sea regarding shooting.  just go with absolutes- and with this team- it's an absolute must that the tempo be pushed for a steady diet of posessions per game so that the oldsters don't have to duke it out in the half court set for all 48.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

It is not over yet but things are still unsettled on this team.  Shaq may come back and JO is coming back but in what condition.  These games next week will be very hard to win.

My concern is can Shaq he play twenty minutes a game?  And big spots in playoff games.  I don't see it right now.  I hope of course I am wrong.

Danny blew it banking the season on Shaq coming back.  It seems insane in retrospect to have made such a trade knowing you need a big man.  And not being sure Shaq was OK.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Acie,
    You have it right. The only problem with your solution with Delonte is that I just heard A. Sherrod Blakely say he reinjured his ankle.   Arroyo won't do.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

ESPN LA is nick-naming Rondo....The Brick!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

It is not over yet but things are still unsettled on this team.  Shaq may come back and JO is coming back but in what condition.  These games next week will be very hard to win. My concern is can Shaq he play twenty minutes a game?  And big spots in playoff games.  I don't see it right now.  I hope of course I am wrong. Danny blew it banking the season on Shaq coming back.  It seems insane in retrospect to have made such a trade knowing you need a big man.  And not being sure Shaq was OK.
    Posted by concord27

not necessarily.  i don't think danny blew it.  the judgement on that comes in when the last whistle blows and the clock runs out.  what is important is that he got BETTER PIECES than what we had.  how many points did perkins COST us per game with the moving picks, bumbling hands, slowness in the lane and other turnovers that made you think he was a tree sloth?!  Then there were the lost opportunities where nobody could make 40% of the interior passes they normally would have becuase Perkins couldn't catch the ball and operate in the lane very well at all.

toward the end of last year, perkins, with no injuries, had morphed from 13 and 10 and having an incredible year the first half to an absolute nightmare to watch as the regular season wound down- it was an inexplicable descent.  as the playoffs began his rebounding and EVERYTHING trailed off further.  We were getting little from him by the time he got hurt except grinding in the lane and beatchering at the refs too much.  True, having him in game 7 probably would have made the difference but this team was not built around a 7 and 7 center with rotten hands and bad feet whose main strength was not even rebounding but banging.

danny gambled, if you will, that krstic could cancel out perkins, which he has so far with greater hands, feet, shooting, and krstic is doing okay for defense in my book.  i don't think it was any big secret that once shak got acclimated they would limit him seriously and save him for the playoffs.  then he slipped on the ice.  i think he'll be back and between any jerlame we get and shak, we likely will get what we need for big man help.

when danny made the trade, i am sure that he did NOT foresee that rondo would react the way he has = totally unprofessionally.  and that is not on danny other than to say everything they have done with rondo regarding "starter of the future" way back when on up to a contract extension for a 55% free throw shooting point guard has been unusual.  But you still expect PROFESSIONALISM from the player regardless.

And that isn't what Rondo has delivered.  Suddenly, rondo has all of the tempo of john bagley out there on the floor.  And his shooting is worse than ever.  Everything is season low following the Perkins trade, most notably his chin.  This is where DOC RIVERS earns his pay and gets the wayward player back on the same song sheet the rest of the team is on.  But you see no unification of that sort.  Still no tempo, and fast break looks for this team are almost non-existent.

So who's to blame?  who's supposed to tie this whole thing together?  what has doc done to nudge rondo back to being the feisty player that made him the force that he got to be in the league?  One thing is for sure, Doc has not used the incentive of PLAYING TIME as a message sender for what he wants out of rondo regarding tempo and demeanor.  

And this is one time that Doc cannot say that we didn't have an alternative for him to go to.  another game filled with moldy tempo, vs. a dismantled opponent w/ no more gerald wallace, and no stephen jackson and no tyrus thomas..... so we struggle with tempo and everything else and it's another 18 minute night for delonte and 5 for arroyo.....  oh well. 

At this rate, rondo will N E V E R get the message that he has to change his tune for this team to succeed again.  it's amazing to watch this play out on a team that was predicated on the un-selfishness of three aging HOF caliber vets who wanted to win it all and were ready to sacrifice for the good of the team.  This pitiful drama must be eating them up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Acie, You have it right. The only problem with your solution with Delonte is that I just heard A. Sherrod Blakely say he reinjured his ankle.   Arroyo won't do.
    Posted by concord27

when did he re-injure the ankle?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I saw the play after a lay-up in the fourth quarter. He was limping but got himself going.  A. Sherrod Blakely came on later and said he had re-injured it.  Hopefully it is not bad. Delonte has been injury prone though.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Acie,
    I do think you are wrong on Shaq you can't make a trade like that when you are not sure the center you are counting too replace the man you are trading is coming back.  He has been out 25 games since.  Perkins was awful but we do need a big man. KG is too fragile to play in there exclusively.  It may even be the key reason why Rondo's play has been so bad lately.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Acie, I do think you are wrong on Shaq you can't make a trade like that when you are not sure the center you are counting too replace the man you are trading is coming back.  He has been out 25 games since.  Perkins was awful but we do need a big man. KG is too fragile to play in there exclusively.  It may even be the key reason why Rondo's play has been so bad lately.
    Posted by concord27

and to that end, i will never be able to comprehend why we GAVE AWAY semih erden to the cavs like we did. 

i can't remember if shak went down like a sack of potatoes on the ice before or after the perkins trade. 

i don't think we've seen the last from shak.  at least that's what i'm pinning my hopes to.

Sections
Shortcuts