Rondo has been figured out!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Re: Rondo has been figured out!!!!

Just never understood why DA made the moves he did to 'spread the floor' for Rondo when it seems pretty obvious that Rondo plays better with a Big in the middle.

Be it Perk or Shaq, I think Rondo likes penetrating and dishing to them or starting a play with a big pick around the free throw line and this spreading the floor just slows down the offense and keeps the ball out of the paint.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rondo cannot reinvent himself due to the shooting limitations of his game.

The part of his game that is non-sensical is walking the ball up court and not penetrating as he has been known for.

Is the team tired and he can't do this or is he slacking because he is mad about the trade?  I see teams slacking off him and packing the middle.  It is working and with a player of Rondo's speed he should be able to counter it.  He isn't though.

Those are the questions I have and cannot answer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo has been figured out!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Paul, They are not going to pick him before half court anyway. They are giving him as much room as possible. They are slacking off him. You understand that right. The offense doesn't go inside if Rondo's man is several feet away clogging the middle.  It is that simple.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Off made baskets I think you are right to a degree, but off missed baskets if he is running they don't have time to set up or clog the middle. The Celtics lost yesterday with Rondo hitting 5 of 8 shots, so that wasn't the issue. The issue is they're stagnant in the offense, not moving the ball because they aren't moving themselves.

Sections
Shortcuts