Rondo has his warts, but I would'nt trade him for any PG in the league...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Rondo has his warts, but I would'nt trade him for any PG in the league...

In Response to Re: Rondo has his warts, but I would'nt trade him for any PG in the league...:
    In Response to Re: Rondo has his warts, but I would'nt trade him for any PG in the league... : No I do not.  You win basketball by complimenting skills.  Rondo has been the ideal PG for the Big 3. 
    Posted by BoylestonBB

To a degree, I agree. It has been up to the Big Three to try to complement Rondo but not so much the other way around.

Shaq comments about Rondo needing to meet his teammates half way  is very insightful... and true.

Pud

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo has his warts, but I would'nt trade him for any PG in the league...:
    In Response to Re: Rondo has his warts, but I would'nt trade him for any PG in the league... : No I do not.  You win basketball by complimenting skills.  Rondo has been the ideal PG for the Big 3. 
    Posted by BoylestonBB

There is no need to pay any compliments however pure talent is much better than complEmentary skills.  Had Rondo been able to shoot, finish, make free throws the Cs would have won the title the year KG was injured, they would have won the title the year Perk got hurt in game 6 against the Lakers, and they likely would have beaten the Heat last year and gotten them further into the playoffs.

One thing that most are unable to digest or acknowledge is that there is no finite number associated with the number of points a team can score in a game.  So if there is no requirement that the point guard give up his scoring game to make sure that his 3 hall of fame teammates get their points.  Actually if the point guard can score and get to the line and make the other team pay for it, it is probably a positive.  Rondo cannot do that.  So with Paul, Williams, Rose, and probably several others the Cs would have likely won a couple more titles in this run of the BIG 3.

There is no limitation to points scored so it is not as if Rondo were to score 20 that means that the BIG 3 scoring opportunities were somehow limited, quite the opposite, if Rondo could score, the Big 3 would actually have more opportunities as they would not be doubled teamed as much. Maybe if they had Rose, Williams, Paul, and a whole bunch of other point guards that could shoot and score and get to the line and shoot it at over 80% they would not be one of the lowest scoring teams in the league...... maybe we would not have heard "the offense gets bogged down a lot"...."they seem to be playing 4 against 5".... blah blah blah...

About two thirds of the league scored more points than the Cs and quite often we heard how the Cs offense quite often gets bogged down.

Hint... it is ok to have a point guard that is complete and actually participates in the offense and scores more than 95 points per game.

It would be wonderful if Rondo averaged 20 assists, 10 rebounds, and 6 steals per game but when he is not even the leading rebounding point guard, the leading assist leader in the league then how could anyone just completely ignore the shortcomings in the facts that basically nobody guards him, he cannot finish, he cannot make free throws, and cannot make a routine jumper.

It is almost to say that Rondo is a blind individual that as a result of being blind he has exceptional hearing, sense of taste, touch, and smell.  But then when you drill down he is not only blind but has an average sense of taste, touch, and smell.... so when you add it all up he is not all that exceptional in any facet of his game.

One only has to look at one of the threads today that stated that Paul is probably a better point guard but not nearly as good a rebounder as Chris Paul.... well other than that silly little thing called a stat that says that Paul is a better rebounder over his career than is Rondo. Chris Paul has averaged more rebounds in his career than Rondo but somehow (only on Boston.com) Rondo is viewed as a better rebounder.

So one would like to believe that Rondo is the best rebounding point guard in the league (and he isn't), the best passer in the league - but does not lead the league in assists, scores about 60% as many points as the actual good point guards in the league, shoots only as a last resort, is not guarded most of the time, causes a double team against his own teams best players, etc.

Give me Darren Collison and go through the lottery for the next 5 years and start to develop what one might call a nucleus....

The amount by which can be overrated cannot even be estimated.....  the idea that Danny is hopeful in terms of trading him is, from my perspective, long over due.  Danny realizes that what Mike D'Antoni said is true though most Cs supporters cannot fathom it.  Rondo is surrounded by tons of talent and without that talent he would be exposed.  I have been saying it for years.  I would love to see Rondo pounding the ball into the floor for 15 seconds waiting for some hacks trying to get open and when they can't get open he fires up a brick that barely catches iron or he makes a pass to someone that is not open and not nearly the scorer that KG, PP, and RA are and he not only doesn't get an assist but he creates more turnovers, etc.

By the end of 2012 we will be reading stories that question "what has happened to Rondo"... "one of the best point guards in the league has really dropped off"...."his inability to shoot from 2 feet has finally come back to bite him"........

Again..... Rondo is vastly overrated and that is why he was never given a max contract and that is why nobody will trade for him...... the only way he could be traded would be if he had only a year or two on his contract but the 4 remaining years scares people away especially as he adds no value in terms of making the team better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Dudder,  I agree there are PT Guards better than Rondo,  I would say around 6 but I have one question, did he steal your lunch money or something?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

The Dudder is in mid-season form already.. and young Rondo is yet to miss a FT or clank a wide open 12 footer.

How does he do it? 

Pud

Sections
Shortcuts