Rondo has improved his game!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wvwc61. Show wvwc61's posts

Rondo has improved his game!

I realize that 4 games is a small sample, but doesn't it seem like Rondo has improved his game(shooting, distributing, scoring, etc). If that continues, couldn't Celtics attract a real good post player next year since Rondo would make them better. If he can shoot and distribute better doesn't that increase the chance that a real good post player would benefit. Never could understand why West chose Pacers over C's(except for moderate money) since Paul made him a better player and Rondo would have done the same. Wouldn't Rondo make DH a better player?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Rondo has improved his game!

The thing is there is a major drop-off from Howard, who doesn't want to play here, and all the other post players out there

I agree that all Rondo has to do is keep 'em honest with his 16-20 foot jumpers and shoot 75% at the line and he's a top 4 PG

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I can see us getting one of restricted free agents Jason Thompson or Robin Lopez with our cap space.

If DeAndre Jordan got 4 years 42 million then those guys are each worth somewhere in the 4/28 - 4/36 range.

Both those teams have multiple big men they owe or will have to pay before they would those two. Phoenix has Gortat, Frye, Markieff Morris and Warrick. Sacramento has Hayes and Hickson although Cousins situation is now up in the air.

Then I can see the Celtics using their draft picks and young players to make a run at a restricted free agent who a team can't really afford to (or wants to) keep them but doesn't want to let them leave for nothing.

O.J. Mayo comes to mind... a couple of picks and Avery/Johnson could be a package worth giving up Mayo for... the Grizz almost traded him for Josh McRoberts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Landry Fields, Courtney Lee, Nick Young and Marco Bellinelli are other options at SG

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Rondo has improved his game!:
    [QUOTE]I realize that 4 games is a small sample, but doesn't it seem like Rondo has improved his game(shooting, distributing, scoring, etc). If that continues, couldn't Celtics attract a real good post player next year since Rondo would make them better. If he can shoot and distribute better doesn't that increase the chance that a real good post player would benefit. Never could understand why West chose Pacers over C's(except for moderate money) since Paul made him a better player and Rondo would have done the same. Wouldn't Rondo make DH a better player?
    Posted by wvwc61[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm.... never understood why West chose the Pacers over the Cs?  Well lets see... THEY HAVE A FUTURE AND A POINT GUARD THAT IS AS GOOD AS RONDO........  keep trying to figure it out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

When those that never gave rondo ANY credit, now say pacers have a pt guard as GOOD as Rondo?? ...
    Sounds like some one is comming around......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wvwc61. Show wvwc61's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo has improved his game!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Rondo has improved his game! : Hmmmm.... never understood why West chose the Pacers over the Cs?  Well lets see... THEY HAVE A FUTURE AND A POINT GUARD THAT IS AS GOOD AS RONDO........  keep trying to figure it out.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]
    What's there to figure out? Collinson is a good but NOT AS GOOD AS RONDO. Also, with Boston's cap space next year, they have a chance to sign 2 max. How's is that not a future?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In Response to Rondo has improved his game!:
    [QUOTE]I realize that 4 games is a small sample, but doesn't it seem like Rondo has improved his game(shooting, distributing, scoring, etc). If that continues, couldn't Celtics attract a real good post player next year since Rondo would make them better. If he can shoot and distribute better doesn't that increase the chance that a real good post player would benefit. Never could understand why West chose Pacers over C's(except for moderate money) since Paul made him a better player and Rondo would have done the same. Wouldn't Rondo make DH a better player?
    Posted by wvwc61[/QUOTE]

Glad we are beginning to notice that Rondo, like the last Championship point guard Jason Kidd, is continuing to evolve into the anticipated greatest point guard ever.  As of now, he is just the best point guard in the Association, bar none!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In a few years, well, the sky's the limit and a few more titles ought to do it. The reason why Rondo hasn't been traded for losers such as CP3, Westbrook, et al, is that the Celtics would get shafted by such a downgrade.  After all, who wants to trade a Championship caliber point guard for those who haven't won anything, nada, nyet, zippo, zilch. In other words, a bunch of zeros. Danny's got a lot more brains than many of the poster imposters give him credit for. Look what CP3 did to the Golden State Warriors or should I say, look what the GSW did to CP3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As Always,

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wvwc61. Show wvwc61's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Rondo has improved his game! : Glad we are beginning to notice that Rondo, like the last Championship point guard Jason Kidd, is continuing to evolve into the anticipated greatest point guard ever.  As of now, he is just the best point guard in the Association, bar none!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In a few years, well, the sky's the limit and a few more titles ought to do it. The reason why Rondo hasn't been traded for losers such as CP3, Westbrook, et al, is that the Celtics would get shafted by such a downgrade.  After all, who wants to trade a Championship caliber point guard for those who haven't won anything, nada, nyet, zippo, zilch. In other words, a bunch of zeros. Danny's got a lot more brains than many of the poster imposters give him credit for. Look what CP3 did to the Golden State Warriors or should I say, look what the GSW did to CP3!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As Always,
    Posted by JamLock[/QUOTE]
    OK JamLock!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

I just love the way Rondo goes about doing his job, getting better at his craft year-by-year.  He can score, even if he isn't the purest shooter in the league his ability to get to the rim is superior to most and mitigates to a large degree an outside shot that is still a work in progress.  He can dish more consistently, more routinely than any of his contemporaries as the needs of his team dictate. And he can rebound at a level that is uncanny for a player his size, better than anyone else that plays his position and often outrebounding players 6-12 inches taller several games a year.  Use last night for example and begin to comprehend the impact he had on the game.  I remain steadfast in my opinion that Rajon Rondo is the best point guard in the Association, bar none, and am thankful that Danny didn't pull the trigger on lesser players such as CP3, Westbrook, DWill, et al, who have yet to lead a team anywhere but their individual fantasy leagues.

As Always,

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

there is a very noticeable, legitimate improvement in Rondo's game, and even more so in Rondo the player this year.  If he can continue to build upon this over the next two years the Celts will be in a good place by then.  My concern is how he will be able to stay this affective and not fatigue throughout the course of the season.  He exudes a tremendous amount of energy with the way he plays.  But I am glad about, and respect the way he has come into this season as a better player. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I agree with JamLock that the Celtics rule but I think your assessment of Rondo is more realistic.  I think JamLock is a bit biased when he contends Rondo is the best PG in the NBA, bar none.  Rondo is a top five PG but the best, bar none, I think that's taking it just a little too far.

Regarding this thread though, Rondo has, in fact, improved his game.  He seems to be focused on doing alot of the things needed to make the Celtics successful.  I really like his confidence.  It has only been 5 games but I still don't want to see those performances like in the NOH game where Jarrett Jack did what he wanted.  Rondo has to have that instinct to raise his game even against the Jarrett Jacks of the world and sometimes he doesn't have that fire.  Again, my sample is from 5 games so not playing aggressively in 1 of 5 games (20% of the time) is not a good thing.

If Rondo can stay focused and equally "raise" his game against more inferior PGs, I think he'll have a career season.

I also believe with Green and Pietrus on the roster and with KG and Ray taking much, much less, I like our outlook for the future with Rondo leading us.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

JamLock's statement below about Rondo is hilarious.

The reason why Rondo hasn't been traded for losers such as CP3, Westbrook, et al, is that the Celtics would get shafted by such a downgrade.

As an FYI, Boston was turned down in their trade requests for Chris Paul and Russell Westbrook.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]JamLock's statement below about Rondo is hilarious. The reason why Rondo hasn't been traded for losers such as CP3, Westbrook, et al, is that the Celtics would get shafted by such a downgrade. As an FYI, Boston was turned down in their trade requests for Chris Paul and Russell Westbrook.
    Posted by mtrax[/QUOTE]

And the lakers were turned down in their requests for Chris Paul and Kevin Love!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Yup, but, he still needs to improve on that jumper and just TAKE the freakin jumper when it shows.  He can't always think pass even though that is the primary task for a point guard.  The offense stagnates when he passes up open shots.  Nobody can make a jump shot unless they take the jump shot.  Every rep is a lesson when you take a shot.  Ray-Ray could go 0 for 10 and still have ice in his veins when the shot showed for him.  He is one of the best all time because he is willing to do the shot that shows.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

The game slows down because those donkeys don't play right. They did it the last few playoffs too. They walk the ball up and nobody touches the ball until there is 10 seconds on the clock and hope they win by time running out when they have a lead. Collison better than Rondo. Ha. Needed a good laugh.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Thats why they call it a work in progress...There are things Kg, Pierce, and Ray cant' do even after all that experience...Rondo is on target...

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" Collison better than Rondo. Ha. Needed a good laugh. "

tompenny if you want a really good laugh, ask the Dudder for his complete list of the point guards better than Rondo. Last time I saw it, it was a very long list and Rondo was somewhere around #15 in the Dudders ranked PGs list. Of course, I've had Dudder on my ignore list for a long time so it's possible Rondo is down to 20 by now.

Seriously though Rondo has improved his game, but Fierce is right that it's the half court sets late in games where Rondo still has the most work to do....we'll need him to have a better handle on that by playoffs....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

This probably not the right nite to start this thread.  Rondo didn't really play that well tonight. Too many to's.  Now last night is a different story.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

2 points and 4 dimes in the fourth quarter making a grand total of 8 points and 14 dimes in the 6 final quarters combined so far this season.

4th quarter lowlights included having a shot blocked out near the 3 point line with the clock expiring that was dreadful. Then he traveled trying to draw a foul on another 3 point attempt in the corner.  Wall didn't bite for the up fake. But who would?

Why not drive to the hoop instead of jacking treys, Rondo?

Make a play!

Pud

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

What Rondo is finding out now is they will play him for the drive, and since he does'nt have a quick release yet, they will close on him quickly....part of the process...there will be some ugly moments...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

You can't blame the 4th quarter on stats on Rondo if plays arent called for him. Wall had just as many To as Rondo.  Was it Rondos fault he had to jack up a three with time expiring on the clock?  That is still nit picking.  It could of been any player in that situation due to someone  not following the play 100% or just plain good defense by the opposition.  The bad teams do film study and may know the tendencies of play calls by the opponents.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Man. Those 17/6/4 averages with 36% shooting and 28% from 3 from elite players like Deron is great. And Westbricks 16/5/5 with 38% shooting and 10% 3 pt shooting is astounding. These guys are lighting it up compared to Rondo. I guess we will all have to settle for 16/10/6 with 54% shooting and 42% 3 pt shooting from crappy Rondo right now.

Sections
Shortcuts