Rondo has the Power

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

Rondo has the Power

The moves and murmers of late confirm what we know I guess....

The future well-being of this team depends on how Rondo is this coming season. He can make the rookie (and Sully, Brooks, Green) better players and give them confidence or he can get into his strop, sit in his car listening to music and make these players want to get into different careers. He has the skill so I guess you just have to isolate it all coming down to his temperament.

Whether we like it or not, if DA holds Rondo (which all the indications point to) the well-being of this club is in his hands on soooooo many levels.

I guess I get the 'stating the obvious' award for that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: Rondo has the Power

Nothing is confirmed.  

And we won't know if Rondo is part of Danny and Stevens long term plan till Feb.  In the mean time, what we do know is that we have a gaping hole at Center and it will take our best player(s) to land a quality Center in a trade.    

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

In response to johconn's comment:

The moves and murmers of late confirm what we know I guess....

The future well-being of this team depends on how Rondo is this coming season. He can make the rookie (and Sully, Brooks, Green) better players and give them confidence or he can get into his strop, sit in his car listening to music and make these players want to get into different careers. He has the skill so I guess you just have to isolate it all coming down to his temperament.

Whether we like it or not, if DA holds Rondo (which all the indications point to) the well-being of this club is in his hands on soooooo many levels.

I guess I get the 'stating the obvious' award for that.

I agree...he stays and has to play to his potential as a team leader, then the careers of the new guys are much better by virtue of having someone to make sure they're in their right places and playing as a team....if he can't or won't do that...especially if he WON'T do that...he'll be gone....allegedly he's been told that already....so let's just hope he gets it and wants to be the team leader and good all around player he can be...for all concerned.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to nyjetssuc's comment:

I agree...he stays and has to play to his potential as a team leader, then the careers of the new guys are much better by virtue of having someone to make sure they're in their right places and playing as a team....if he can't or won't do that...especially if he WON'T do that...he'll be gone....allegedly he's been told that already....so let's just hope he gets it and wants to be the team leader and good all around player he can be...for all concerned.

Rondo is never, ever going to be the team leader. Its not in his DNA or skillset.

I'd be happy given his outrageous skills if R9R could simply keep his nose clean, keep his head in the game... and  grow into a reliable follower of whoever comes out of the pack (Sully or KO maybe) and who has the natural confidence/fire and skills/consistency  to take charge, to show by example... and to hold other accountable, night in and night out, ala KG.

Leading an occasional  fast break is not the same as leading a team. The leader is the guy who wants the ball in his hands when the game is on the line.

Not Rondo... but maybe Rondo's role is to get him the ball so that he can go to work.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I really don't get how some peoples have such a profuse dislike for Rondo. Rondo is an excellent PG and may actually flourish under Stevens approach. As much as the media has ballyhooed the Celtics demise,after last year saying KG,PP and Terry were too old. We have a more atheletic and versatile team than last year. I'm still thinking DA has an ace some where up his sleeve after 9/12.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Nothing is confirmed.  

And we won't know if Rondo is part of Danny and Stevens long term plan till Feb.  In the mean time, what we do know is that we have a gaping hole at Center and it will take our best player(s) to land a quality Center in a trade.    

youre kidding right? the psycho babble rondo hate won't go away even after Danny gets Rondo on another 5 year deal. All sane fans will see a contract as an indication of a long term plan with Rondo. The Feb deadline may indicate that

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

In response to G0DVERNMENT's comment:

what are you even talking about?? LOL sounds like psycho babble

LOL, fair point! 

I'm a HUGE Rondo fan. The way he ended the Championship Series in Boston by just charging at Fisher was fantastic & unforgettable. He's always existed in the context of some serious veteran presence though and I wonder how he's gonna grow now in that vaccum.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

I think rondo has been waiting to be the man, the undisputed best player on the team.  I  think hes a perfect player  to build around becuz hisbiggest strengths is making his teammates better/knowledge we r def gonna need  both  with all these inexperienced players. 

He will really excel if stevens impleements an uptemp system for rondo to operate in. This is crucial, because with our lack of permiter shooting and lack of size we are gonna struggle in the halfcourt and will need our share of fastbreak/transition hoops.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:

I think rondo has been waiting to be the man, the undisputed best player on the team.  I  think hes a perfect player  to build around becuz hisbiggest strengths is making his teammates better/knowledge we r def gonna need  both  with all these inexperienced players. 

He will really excel if stevens impleements an uptemp system for rondo to operate in. This is crucial, because with our lack of permiter shooting and lack of size we are gonna struggle in the halfcourt and will need our share of fastbreak/transition hoops.

R9R's  not only been waiting to be the man beginning his 8th season now.....  

he's been dilly-dallying,

shlepping,

dawdling along,

dragging azz, 

fooling around,

half stepping,

goofing off,

moseying about,

toddling,

hanging back,

messing up,

loafing,

going nowhere fast...

and of course....

doggin' it.

Shhhhhhhhhhh..... Sleeping dogs need their rest.

Pud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

R9R's  not only been waiting to be the man beginning his 8th season now.....  

he's been dilly-dallying,

shlepping,

dawdling along,

dragging azz, 

fooling around,

half stepping,

goofing off,

moseying about,

toddling,

hanging back,

messing up,

loafing,

going nowhere fast...

and of course....

doggin' it.

Shhhhhhhhhhh..... Sleeping dogs need their rest.

Pud

That just speaks to the greatness of pp and kg. 2 of the greatest of all time. That a 4 time all star would still be taking a backseat to them.  A  lot of players would.  With that said, when the playoffs came around  rondo has been our best player and many times the best player on the court over the past few seasons.

Exhibit A: PAST 4 PLAYOFFS AVG OF 17PPG 10APG 7RPG 2STEALS 

Exhibit B: see the struggle to score against the lowly knicks defense in the first round of the playoffs without rondo. Also the first time the celtics lost in the 1st round since the big 3.

As much as u hate on rondo, you cant argue with his playoff #s, he has CONSISTENTLY been one of the top performers in the playoffs. Few players actually INCREASE  their production in the playoffs when your facing the best  defenses/coaching/teams. But rondo does it across the board.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

That just speaks to the greatness of pp and kg. 2 of the greatest of all time. That a 4 time all star would still be taking a backseat to them.  A  lot of players would.  With that said, when the playoffs came around  rondo has been our best player and many times the best player on the court over the past few seasons.

Exhibit A: PAST 4 PLAYOFFS AVG OF 17PPG 10APG 7RPG 2STEALS 

Exhibit B: see the struggle to score against the lowly knicks defense in the first round of the playoffs without rondo. Also the first time the celtics lost in the 1st round since the big 3.

As much as u hate on rondo, you cant argue with his playoff #s, he has CONSISTENTLY been one of the top performers in the playoffs. Few players actually INCREASE  their production in the playoffs when your facing the best  defenses/coaching/teams. But rondo does it across the board.

When the game is on the line, Rondo will take a back seat to anyone who can handle the pressures of crunch time... and can make a play.

Doesn't have to be a future HOFer. With very rare exception, anyone wearing green will do.

This year, it could easily be Sully or KO... Green.... Brooks.... AB.... Bass.... fill in the blank ........ and BSteve will have a decision to make when Rondo balks/defers/refuses to lead.

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Rondo has the power?

Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dJolYw8tnk

Haha, looks more like a young Chris Kaman or Andrei Kirilenko

Sections
Shortcuts