Rondo haters are you glad he is back now?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Re: Rondo haters are you glad he is back now?!

In Response to Re: Rondo haters are you glad he is back now?!:
    In Response to Re: Rondo haters are you glad he is back now?! : Even Sheriff Taylor gave Barney Fife a single bullet that he carried in his breast pocket. Has Rondo checked his pockets lately? Ever? Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

so it's mayberry now, puddinpuddin? what happened to the bad brakes xke?

rondo is shooting a career high 52.5 from the field. more to the point, between 15 and 23 feet, he is shooting 44%. still more to the point, that is an 11% increase over last year. your sorry platform becomes more rickety by the game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pud,
    White is black, Black is white, it is all how you see it.  The obvious truth is there you just don't see it or want to. Good luck watching the kid achieving greatness.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo haters are you glad he is back now?! : Unlike Rondo, BBD does a wonderful job of spreading the floor... and torched the Spurs for 23 points. Unlike Rondo, BBD has a terrific mid-range game... or haven't you noticed.  In the unlikely event that BBD is left wide open, maybe his defender is inexplicably doubling on Rondo. Not gonna happen. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

according to you, the opposing team decides whether or not a player can shoot. glen davis's words after the game, and i quote:
    "They were playing off me and I was shocked," said Davis. "I was like, 'Oh my God, they are just going to let me shoot.' So I just kept shooting and got into a rhythm."

and so, according to your statement. Glen "Big Baby" Davis cant shoot..because the opposing team sagged off.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo haters are you glad he is back now?! : according to you, the opposing team decides whether or not a player can shoot. glen davis's words after the game, and i quote: "They were playing off me and I was shocked," said Davis. "I was like, 'Oh my God, they are just going to let me shoot.' So I just kept shooting and got into a rhythm." and so, according to your statement. Glen "Big Baby" Davis cant shoot..because the opposing team sagged off.
    Posted by JamezHill24

The ops are the clue. Go back over 400+ games and you will see a pattern with ops sagging off of our all star PG, no matter the game, no matter the  match up.

Far far less so with GBBD or any other Celtic player. The fact that BBD was "shocked" that they were cheating on him implied that this  strategy is unexpected. Shocking!

Conversely, Rondo and every living homosapien would be "shocked" if the ops didn't cheat on him.

If Rondo starts hitting a decent number of midrange shots, he could actually begin to draw some defensive attention.. for the first time in his career. 

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

When and if Rondo starts to hit the perimeter shots regularly he would no doubt be the best player in basketball.  Because with every thing else he can do at this moment he is one of the most valuable players in  the NBA now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

When and if Rondo starts to hit the perimeter shots regularly he would no doubt be the best player in basketball.  Because with every thing else he can do at this moment he is one of the most valuable players in  the NBA now.
    Posted by concord27

A serviceable jumper and 75%FT shooting. Then he leads by example. No question about it.

I question Rondo's courage/willingness/maturity/dedication to round out his game so that he is positioned to carry this team night in/out as Russell, Hondo, Bird, Pierce and others have done.

It is possible.... but not likely IMHO.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo haters are you glad he is back now?! : A serviceable jumper and 75%FT shooting. Then he leads by example. No question about it. I question Rondo's courage/willingness/maturity/dedication to round out his game so that he is positioned to carry this team night in/out as Russell, Hondo, Bird, Pierce and others have done. It is possible.... but not likely IMHO. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

look away from this tripe, concord27.

what player in celtic history has / had the greatest knack for the spectacular play? was it not bird? debatable i suppose, but it was bird. who else throughout the league and it's history has entered that realm, that same high plane, with that degree of splendid ability to make your jaw drop on a regular basis? it's a very select group and transcending celtics pg rondo is knocking on that group's door. phooey on puddinpuddin's specifications for greatness.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Icon, I agree with you sentiments on Rondo, but when you say that Rondo like Pierce and Ray had an off finals against the Lakers you can't serious.  Rondo won two finals games singlehanded in games 2 and 4.  How could you forget? The guy dominated two games and was very strong in games 3 and 5.  He was incredible, if he had been allowed to carry the offense in the latter parts of the 4th period he may have even led us to victory despite Pud's nonsense on this topic.  Everyone else was gassed.
    Posted by concord27

I wasn't saying that.  I was pointing out that Acie was saying that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bailey,
    Bird is my favorite Celtic and Boston athlete of all time.  He through determination and hard work became a basketball player that did the impossible with regularity.  

I am sad for Pud that behind that poker face of Rondo he does not see the desire and grit this kid has.  Of course he will improve his shooting and with his genius basketball IO (just as Bird had) he will become one of the great players.  Will he become as great as Bird? That is a tall order but who can predict the future.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Bailey, Bird is my favorite Celtic and Boston athlete of all time.  He through determination and hard work became a basketball player that did the impossible with regularity.   I am sad for Pud that behind that poker face of Rondo he does not see the desire and grit this kid has.  Of course he will improve his shooting and with his genius basketball IO (just as Bird had) he will become one of the great players.  Will he become as great as Bird? That is a tall order but who can predict the future.
    Posted by concord27

Nobody else in the league plays with 4 starters who are going to the hall of fame on the very first ballot.

He has made 16 free throws in 34 games; the good point guards make about 5 per game.  Why do they make about 5 per game?  They go to the hoop, they are part of the offense, they don't pound the ball into the floor hoping someone will get open and provide him with an assist.

He is a terrible finisher and gets by on athleticisim.

He is very simply the worst shooter in the league but to his credit he realizes it and pounds the ball into the floor until an assist opportunity opens up.

He routinely passes up wide open uncontested jumpers and on the rare occasions he does take a jumper he also routinely misses them.

Give Gilbert Arenas and a whole host of other point guards wide open uncontested jumpers and he makes 90% of them, Rondo barely catches iron most of the time.

He is an automatic double team - the opponent's coach says let Rondo beat us and who is it most important for us to double team - Rondo, the automatic double team.

Are the Bulls one of the best teams in the league with Rondo?  Absolutely not.

Are the Celtics worse with Rose?  Absolutely not.

Rondo's assists come from the fact that he cannot shoot, will not shoot, and plays with 4 hall of famers.

There is a minimum of a dozen other point guards who step in for Rondo and they are no worse off and in many cases a lot better.

Those that cannot see this are simply laundry routers that really cannot quite comprehend basketball.

There was a playoff game last year with Orlando that went to overtime and Jameer Nelson came out and took and made 2 3s on consecutive possessions.  Rondo would have been pounding the ball into the floor, causing 3 second violations and dribbling and waiting for someone to get open and provide him with an assist opportunity.

Imagine Rondo with some players who are not going straight to the hall of fame unanimously on the very first ballot..... 5 assists, 30% from the floor, 30% from the line, never taking a 3 and a back up to most of the point guards in the league.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

how many times are you going to bawl about rondo's good fortune to be in his position, dudder? we get it. apparently rondo enjoys playing with HOF calibre players. and they him. why should that change?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Dudder - its true that Rondo cannot shoot like Rose.  Its equally true that Rose cannot pass like Rondo.  Rose passes by last choice and by accident.  Rondo puts the ball where people can get easy shots.   

You really should give your "hate" a rest.  We've all heard enough of it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Bailey, Bird is my favorite Celtic and Boston athlete of all time.  He through determination and hard work became a basketball player that did the impossible with regularity.   I am sad for Pud that behind that poker face of Rondo he does not see the desire and grit this kid has.  Of course he will improve his shooting and with his genius basketball IO (just as Bird had) he will become one of the great players.  Will he become as great as Bird? That is a tall order but who can predict the future.
    Posted by concord27

Concord... apparently you can predict the future when staring into Rondo's poker face and seeing things that make your spirits soar with optimism.

I'm hedging my bets, keeping my feet solidly on the ground.

Rondo needs to show me a seriousness and maturity that I've yet to see.

The TEAM USA fiasco may have been the last straw for me.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Pass the bong dudder.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Dudder and Pud,
    To talk about Rondo and his experience on Team USA as some kind of chronic troublemaker who can't play because of his free throw shooting was irrelevant than but even more so now.  I care what he does as a Celtic and his performance has been improving season by season and game by game.  To comment on his poker face is only because when he speaks out this kid is not afraid to say he is best point guard.  Watch the film the Association and he sits in a chair and looks at the camera and proclaims he is the best point guard.  Coupled with his play that is what you want to see out of your players trying to win a championship.  Hate him all you want but you will be working serious overtime this season trying to make your non-sensical case.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from potging. Show potging's posts

good job rondo....keep it up dude

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo haters are you glad he is back now?! : A serviceable jumper and 75%FT shooting. Then he leads by example. No question about it. I question Rondo's courage/willingness/maturity/dedication to round out his game so that he is positioned to carry this team night in/out as Russell, Hondo, Bird, Pierce and others have done. It is possible.... but not likely IMHO. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

You should hand it up. You don't know what you have and how to appreciate it. I would suggest not posting about Rondo for a while unless you have something good to say. Every post you make digs your hole deeper.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

Rondo is, barring injury and other unforseen events not related to his ability to play basketball, a future hall of fame player. Every player in the hall of fame had limitations of one sort or another. To focus on Rondo's limitations is to miss the total brilliance of what he does well. "Well" isn't even the right word. He does things that are not within the definition of what point guards in history have done. The only point guard to compare him to is Cousy...and most of the posters on here don't even have a clue about that comparison.

Cousy loves Rondo. Heinshon loves Rondo (and not in the same way he loved Walter). Doc loves Rondo. Pierce loves Rondo. Garnett loves Rondo. Shaq loves Rondo.

What in the world is wrong with Dudder and Puddinhead?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo haters are you glad he is back now?! : Nobody else in the league plays with 4 starters who are going to the hall of fame on the very first ballot. He has made 16 free throws in 34 games; the good point guards make about 5 per game.  Why do they make about 5 per game?  They go to the hoop, they are part of the offense, they don't pound the ball into the floor hoping someone will get open and provide him with an assist. He is a terrible finisher and gets by on athleticisim. He is very simply the worst shooter in the league but to his credit he realizes it and pounds the ball into the floor until an assist opportunity opens up. He routinely passes up wide open uncontested jumpers and on the rare occasions he does take a jumper he also routinely misses them. Give Gilbert Arenas and a whole host of other point guards wide open uncontested jumpers and he makes 90% of them, Rondo barely catches iron most of the time. He is an automatic double team - the opponent's coach says let Rondo beat us and who is it most important for us to double team - Rondo, the automatic double team. Are the Bulls one of the best teams in the league with Rondo?  Absolutely not. Are the Celtics worse with Rose?  Absolutely not. Rondo's assists come from the fact that he cannot shoot, will not shoot, and plays with 4 hall of famers. There is a minimum of a dozen other point guards who step in for Rondo and they are no worse off and in many cases a lot better. Those that cannot see this are simply laundry routers that really cannot quite comprehend basketball. There was a playoff game last year with Orlando that went to overtime and Jameer Nelson came out and took and made 2 3s on consecutive possessions.  Rondo would have been pounding the ball into the floor, causing 3 second violations and dribbling and waiting for someone to get open and provide him with an assist opportunity. Imagine Rondo with some players who are not going straight to the hall of fame unanimously on the very first ballot..... 5 assists, 30% from the floor, 30% from the line, never taking a 3 and a back up to most of the point guards in the league.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Rondo makes every team in the league better and you are a fool for not admitting that.

Even when you say something right you look foolish because you miss the essence of what Rondo is. The ulitimate basketball team player.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Are Dudder and Pud the same person?  There are little nuances that make them different but one thing neither will ever admit he is wrong. I hope they are different people.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Dudder and Pud, To talk about Rondo and his experience on Team USA as some kind of chronic troublemaker who can't play because of his free throw shooting was irrelevant than but even more so now.  I care what he does as a Celtic and his performance has been improving season by season and game by game.  To comment on his poker face is only because when he speaks out this kid is not afraid to say he is best point guard.  Watch the film the Association and he sits in a chair and looks at the camera and proclaims he is the best point guard.  Coupled with his play that is what you want to see out of your players trying to win a championship.  Hate him all you want but you will be working serious overtime this season trying to make your non-sensical case.
    Posted by concord27

Rondo tried out for TEAM USA to improve his branding... his words, not mine.

When things didn't work out and he was on the verge of getting cut, he quit TEAM USA because he missed his family and had to get ready for next season... his words not mine. 

I neither respected his reason for trying out... or his reason for quitting.

Maybe you did. I didn't.

That Rondo will look into a camera and proclaim that he is the best PG.... more words!

I am frankly way more impressed by what a man is doing/not doing... than by what he is saying.

Pud

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo haters are you glad he is back now?! : Rondo tried out for TEAM USA to improve his branding... his words , not mine. When things didn't work out and he was on the verge of getting cut, he quit TEAM USA because he missed his family and had to get ready for next season... his words not mine.  I neither respected his reason for trying out... or his reason for quitting. Maybe you did. I didn't. That Rondo will look into a camera and proclaim that he is the best PG.... more words ! I am frankly way more impressed by what a man is doing/ not doing ... than by what he is saying . Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

Well all we have to judge you by is what you are saying and it isn't good dude. You are looking rather petty and foolish.

Dredging up a post about Rondo and the summer league doesn't mean a thing to me except you are grasping at straws. I am happy he left the team.

I'm just telling you that as friendly advice. I would suggest a new email address and a new registration on here. You, by your words alone, have lost the respect of your fellow posters.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bilalkazmi. Show bilalkazmi's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo haters are you glad he is back now?! : Rondo tried out for TEAM USA to improve his branding... his words , not mine. When things didn't work out and he was on the verge of getting cut, he quit TEAM USA because he missed his family and had to get ready for next season... his words not mine.  I neither respected his reason for trying out... or his reason for quitting. Maybe you did. I didn't. That Rondo will look into a camera and proclaim that he is the best PG.... more words ! I am frankly way more impressed by what a man is doing/ not doing ... than by what he is saying . Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

like a broken record!

dude, why don't you go out and gain some new experiences.  you need to balance yourself out and move on with your life.  every 3rd post of yours talks about this stupid and irrelavant argument.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pud,
    Whatever your values and that Rondo has breached them make you unable to assess his talents.  You are not objective.  You know the game so try to let that be your guide.  Your dislike of one player is personal and has nothing to do with reality.

I hate Kobe I cannot be objective.  I understand that and save my comments for this BB where most people understand my dislike of the guy. If you want to go after Rondo you will find many better places to do so.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Rondo is a great player except when playing the elite, Rose torched him last night, Koby and Wade both love to guard him and stop everybody elese,  Rondo plays with some of the greatest scores ever, and he gets toooo much credit, good yes, great no.  Put him on the Raptors and you would see how great he is, an important part of the Celtic team yes.  But good night, where was he in the final game last year?  He can only dominate a game if his guys are hot.  Does he kill the weaker defensive teams, yes. Heat and Lakers give us problems because of him.  I can take him being a very good player, but all this blubber about he is the only guy that can make the Celts go, yes only because he is the only guard we have.  Nate has shown he is not a point.  Daniels would be great for the starterss because of his defense and all around abilities, but will he get a chance, not much of one with the starters.  Get well D. West .

Sections
Shortcuts