Rondo haters: Kick rocks.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KamikazeKnight00. Show KamikazeKnight00's posts

Rondo haters: Kick rocks.

itt we talk about how annoying the Rondo haters and tanking lovers on these boards are.

Rajon Rondo is a top 3 talent at his position. He's a proven playoff performer and a team leader who has earned the respect of his teammates. Getting rid of Rondo to tank is simply on of the worst possible decisions to make in this situation. We have a legit star, a guy who will put us over the top in the playoffs, why would we want to get rid of him?? You don't get rid of a guy like Rondo. You pair him up with another star who can score at will, a legit big man and a bunch of shooters.

Trading away Rondo for the sake of tanking is just ridiculous. If Ainge does this, he needs to go, because it would set this team back almost 10 years. Thank god some of you guys aren't running this franchise.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: Rondo haters: Kick rocks.

I agree. It's interesting any change, any development, a new coach, a trade of another player, they all come rushing to say, "This means Rondo is leaving!"

I figure after ten more years here, if the celtics trade him to the nets they'll all come rushing to say, "I told you so!" 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

My thinking is Rondo's trade value is down somewhat because he needs to show the league he made a good recovery from knee surgery.  Either keep or trade him next year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

I agree. It's interesting any change, any development, a new coach, a trade of another player, they all come rushing to say, "This means Rondo is leaving!"

And any new possible ray of faint hope and klowns exclaim aloud......."This means Rondo's staying!!!!!"

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

Who are the Klowns?  Inside joke?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from passergreen. Show passergreen's posts

If rondo is healthy from his acl hes a 50 win proven leader . Hes a better passer and defender then chris paul , and as athletic as derrick rose the only 2 other pg's in his caliber. Trading him is crazy ! Trade draft picks for proven talent . Go for josh smith his friend and teamate in highschool. If danny gets talent in free agent market ala josh smith with the talent they have sellinger , bradely , green , rondo there 13th pick this yr from gonzaga, and one hell of a coach a real proven basketball winner with a 200 basketball IQ  . The celtics could be a 50 win team and go far in the playoffs barring injury which  every team has to deal with .   

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Puddin and Metwit,to keep things civil, I will say let's agree to disagree.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Ainge won't just trade Rondo away for the sake of tanking.

It's either Ainge gets to dump contracts and get 1st rounders or a quality young player and 1st rounders.

I agree with you!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to postal5's comment:

Who are the Klowns?  Inside joke?

Apparently, you have not been reading many of the abundant "Rondo threads" found on BDC.

Allow me to summarize things for you. BDC, specifically OTFB, has two groups of people consistently initiating and posting to threads concerning the  Boston Celtic PG Rajon Rondo.  One group is widely known as the "Rondo Haters", although, if you were to ask them, they would describe themselves as "Rondo Realists."  At various times, they have called Rondo a cancer, a virus, petulant, a baby, rondon't, etc.The other group is referred to as "Rondo Lovers", althouugh, if you were to ask them, they would also describe themselves as "Rondo Realists."  Descriptive words they have used with Rondo include, playoff triple doubles, all-star, future HOF, cerebral, most talented Celtic, etc.

Since referring to each group by the same name would confuse things, I will call them, for clarities sake, by the names they do not prefer.

When puddinpuddin, aka pud, was referring to the "klowns", it was a "Rondo Hater"  deriding "Rondo Lovers" en  masse.  This is generally known as a "putdown" or "insult".

I hope this  answers your question.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to KamikazeKnight00's comment:

itt we talk about how annoying the Rondo haters and tanking lovers on these boards are.

Rajon Rondo is a top 3 talent at his position. He's a proven playoff performer and a team leader who has earned the respect of his teammates. Getting rid of Rondo to tank is simply on of the worst possible decisions to make in this situation. We have a legit star, a guy who will put us over the top in the playoffs, why would we want to get rid of him?? You don't get rid of a guy like Rondo. You pair him up with another star who can score at will, a legit big man and a bunch of shooters.

Trading away Rondo for the sake of tanking is just ridiculous. If Ainge does this, he needs to go, because it would set this team back almost 10 years. Thank god some of you guys aren't running this franchise.

I guess 50% of the posters in this forum.are not celtics fans.Please go away.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to KamikazeKnight00's comment:

Now, there's a thought.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Nothing against Pierce, but, enter Jeff Greene at age 26, loven it!  If Rondo comes back healthy, along with the concept that JG can start the break, it's going to be fun to watch. 

I think Rondo's going to look to score this year. He should drop 25 a night just to shut the haters up. This team is going to be good if when healthy. Rondo, AB, JG, Sullinger.  The talk of tanking doesn't make sense with players like that.   

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

In response to passfirst's comment:

Nothing against Pierce, but, enter Jeff Greene at age 26, loven it!  If Rondo comes back healthy, along with the concept that JG can start the break, it's going to be fun to watch. 

I think Rondo's going to look to score this year. He should drop 25 a night just to shut the haters up. This team is going to be good if when healthy. Rondo, AB, JG, Sullinger.  The talk of tanking doesn't make sense with players like that.   

We don't know what the roster will look like on opening night.

I don't think Rondo will be ready to play by October.

I would rather let Rondo out of the game to completely heal his injury than risking his health just to be a playoff team...Let him rest till fully recovered...two things might will happen...Celtics might get a top five pick  and wait for big free agents next season to led us for banner 18.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to bangkoker's comment:

In response to passfirst's comment:

We don't know what the roster will look like on opening night.

I don't think Rondo will be ready to play by October.

I would rather let Rondo out of the game to completely heal his injury than risking his health just to be a playoff team...Let him rest till fully recovered...two things might will happen...Celtics might get a top five pick  and wait for big free agents next season to led us for banner 18.

No reason at all for Rondo to come back sooner rather than later.  Hope D. Rose is his role model.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

rose's knee was hurt worse than rondo's.

bp

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:

rose's knee was hurt worse than rondo's.

bp

Know that.  Rose torn ACL & MCL vs Rondo's torn ACL.  Still, what's the rush?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

I love the new "sabermetrics" from some of these posters. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy about having a PG who can't shoot, bricks FTAs on those rare occasions when he gets to the line, is turnover prone, had no respect for Doc (that will change with Stevens, I'm sure), is slipping defensively, and is injury prone.

Here are Rondo's career numbers:

3pt% - 24.1

Turnover% (per 100 possessions) - 20.4

FTA per 36 minutes 3.0 (that's less than 2 trips per 36 to the line)

FT% - 62.1

Moreover...

His Defenive Win Shares (DWS - an estimate of the number of wins due to defense) has declined in each of his last 3 seasons...

2010-11 DWS: 4.8

2011-12 DWS: 3.4

2012-13 DWS: 2.0

Additionally, Rondo has missed 71 out of 230 regular season games over the last 3 seasons. All this and he'll miss perhaps half of 2013-14 too!

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/rondora01.html

Yet, I'm going to put all of that silly stuff out of my head, put my homer hat on, and hope that the team won't trade a "top 3" PG who can lead a team of marginal prospects and stiffs to 50 wins by scoring 25 ppg.

Nope, no rock kicking for me!

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:

I love the new "sabermetrics" from some of these posters. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy about having a PG who can't shoot, bricks FTAs on those rare occasions when he gets to the line, is turnover prone, had no respect for Doc (that will change with Stevens, I'm sure), is slipping defensively, and is injury prone.

Here are Rondo's career numbers:

3pt% - 24.1

Turnover% (per 100 possessions) - 20.4

FTA per 36 minutes 3.0 (that's less than 2 trips per 36 to the line)

FT% - 62.1

Moreover...

His Defenive Win Shares (DWS - an estimate of the number of wins due to defense) has declined in each of his last 3 seasons...

2010-11 DWS: 4.8

2011-12 DWS: 3.4

2012-13 DWS: 2.0

Additionally, Rondo has missed 71 out of 230 regular season games over the last 3 seasons. All this and he'll miss perhaps half of 2013-14 too!

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/rondora01.html

Yet, I'm going to put all of that silly stuff out of my head, put my homer hat on, and hope that the team won't trade a "top 3" PG who can lead a team of marginal prospects and stiffs to 50 wins by scoring 25 ppg.

Nope, no rock kicking for me!

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

This is quite the walkoff. Take your time...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

http://www.nba.com/advancedstats/player.html#Rajon-Rondo|200765;year=201213;season=r

Rondo's mid-range game was much better last year. While Rondo continues to be bad from three point land; his mid-range shot percentage improved dramatically last year to 48% from 40% the two prior years; Chris Paul was also 48% last year from mid-range; Ray Allen was just 38% (below his three point rate) and Paul Pierce was 41%. The point is, Rondo was given open mid-range looks and he made 48% of them last year and only 40% in the prior two years as his elbow jumper regularly fell.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

I predict Rondo will come back, have a Hall of Fame career, retire, become Mayor of Boston and later become President Rondo.  ..........  He's not perfect but he is the best we got!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

In response to cavaliersfan's comment:

I predict Rondo will come back, have a Hall of Fame career, retire, become Mayor of Boston and later become President Rondo.  ..........  He's not perfect but he is the best we got!

What are you talking about? You have Kyrie Irving. 

Sections
Shortcuts